User Tag List

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Food Basics and Shoppers locally are back to charging for bags. Longos is still not charging for bags and sent an email that cash is now accepted. Customers at Longos using reusable bags have to bag their own stuff--masks are still required. Fortinos is not yet charging for bags.

Local Rotary group will run Sunday can drives but I'll hold my empties back until cooler weather returns. Not sure what's up with the 11am start times for this event and some retail stores--too hot to wait in the sun for anything!

Did manage to get a surreptitious viewing of Eurovision Song Contest movie last Saturday morning-Dan Stevens makes that movie pop (shades of Wham! duo's hair from the 80s-much love for that look!). It helped my viewing that Bro was asleep when I figured out that he left the Internet connection on. He wanted to watch the movie on Monday or Tuesday but connection would not work. Mom did not like the trailer preview so she has not seen the movie. I'd love to see the movie on a movie screen-hope it happens at an independent theatre this fall! Did anyone else watch the movie and have a review?
    The Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga was an excellent movie! I rated it a 10/10 on IMDB, because it is a feel good movie with very catchy songs. It is my Summer Jam for this year with Volcano Man and JaJa Ding Dong as my favourites. I also loved Dan Stevens and his song, Lion of Love. I loved Demi’s cameo, plus the Song Along number with all the past contestants. We have a projector with a 110 inch screen in the basement. It was an excellent viewing experience for Iceland’s landscape. We have roughly the same interest in movies and tv shows. If only you lived closer to me @Ciel , we can watch Seasons 1 and 2 of Downton Abbey on the big screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Spent the morning with the older son. Started with coffee at McDonald’s and then off to the shoe store. He has debated buying Birkenstock’s for at least 4 years and is wearing the same slides I bought him in grade 9. His brother has a pair and loves them. Finally he decided it was time. Then off to the market, not many vendors but still nice to get some local fresh produce and then to the butcher as he is doing ribs this week. Picked up kebabs for dinner. Going to throw a load of laundry on the line and then head to SDM for the eggs and a few other things.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Picked up a few specials at Walmart-can't remember ever seeing BBQ sauce for .47. When I got back my neighbour brought over some radishes from her garden. We have been collaborating on battling a flock of pigeons-she has covered the bird seed that falls from the bird feeder and I have been using my power washer to spray the ones off my roof-at the moment we seem to be winning the battle.

DH and I just went for a bike ride-temps are 20 and not humid-you folks out East have my sympathy. I do not do well with heat and humidity.

DH is seeing the surgeon next week re his upcoming hip replacement-we have said we can go in on short notice if they get a cancellation so we got busy yesterday ordering the equipment he needs for recovery. Blue Cross will pay up to $250 so that is good. Unfortunately we have a lot of stairs and no bathroom on the main level-it is down a few steps. So looks like the crutches will get a good workout. Hubby is in good shape but he is 67-we would just like to get it done and over with.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.
    made up some taco seasoning last night.

spent a hour or so outside this am
    then another 2.5 in the basement area. it looks alot better. my plan is to do 30 -45 min on it at a time. i decided i am just going to pull 5 days worth of crafts from there till i simply have less craft stuff for the daycare kids. i have simply to much . it will be a good few months of weird random craft stuff. but it will be good to use it up.

not sure what supper is ... thinking bbq something. it really is simply to hot to think outside. and no way do i want to heat up the house.

prob spend part of the night watching some murdock mysteries.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Saturday aall!

I hope you are enjoying the fine day wherever you are!

Nothing much on the agenda today. Did a bit of shopping to pickup some paper towel and kleenex on sale this morning and that was it.

Tonight will be Cole Slaw and free Polish Sausages from Metro! Yummers!

Enjoy! and beeeeeeehave! :D

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not an overly productive day, I am not finding it as hot in our house today was I was yesterday but still, this heat is getting to me. I am feeling super tired and feeling a little off in the tummy which is all the heat.

I think I have come up with a way to tweak my budget that I can keep my original style of budget but not look like I run short all month. I am just trying to figure out how exactly I will lay it out.

Last night I made a template for household needs so I can start to budget for those. I have money in my budget to cover some of the stuff we need but I want to plan out our purchases so I can do some research and be more in control of what we buy vs oh crap we need it and have it now. I have set it up that there can be 5 things on my household need template and even prioritize them. I am on a mission to to get organized before the end of this year.

I was looking at portable AC units this morning for main floor, I know it isn't ideal since our house is open concept but I was feeling desperate. This heat wave has me in a bit of a funk. This heat mixed with the fact I am having issue sleeping again is really getting to me.

Alright, think it is time to make Dinner, pretty sure we are doing Breakfast for Dinner and then hopefully I can find some ambition and will work on some excel spreadsheets and maybe set up a fan and try to clean the top of the sideboard and set up our small appliances.

Have a great evening everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS and I hit the beach right after i picked him up at work. It was like luke warm bathtub! So nice!
    I took steak out of the freezer for dinner. Will have ceaser salad with it. Yum. I am so hungry!!!
    Just had a nice shower to get all the sand off. I feel like putting on comfy clothes and chilling. The sun wipes you out!
    I have a $2 porch pick up at 5.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Jul 4th, 2020 at 04:40 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold more dill and kids clothes, picks ups were earlier today.

I went to Dollarama and used our $25gc win. Then submitted the receipts for $0.10 Caddle. No FrillsUsed $20 in points and $11 in coupons. $3.75 CO51 for yogurt.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi QC: Strawberries 1,99$ for 1 l they are so big and good might go for more this week
    Avocados 1$
    Motts Garden vegetable cocktail 949 ml @1$
    But the best : For QC (posted in the coupon section) thanks @sesterce! Get a whole rotisserie bbq chicken for 1$ (reg 8,47$) so saving of 7,47$ and paid the taxes but the coupons was deducted after so I got my 1600 pc offer points so free

Great promo!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We have a water ban on til july13/20-no sprinklers ,no car washes ,no large pools -you can use a watering can -so i filled it twice and did down the row out front for my perinnials .The ban started this morning .

Chatted with my daughter today ,sebastian is so excited to come and stay at nana and papa's house .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am so desapointed with my pc offers those time.....they suck big time...barrely 2 offers per week I can use .....the most of the time they put offers of products I dont know or dont buy so this is frustrating...and I dont go to shopper so no I dont gain much point over the weeks..any advices .I purchase the same products week after week and dont have offer for those except deli meat,cheese,pop and nescafe coffee...
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did not receive my nestle replacement coupon *they made 2* and its been over a month..hope to receive them soon..thanks to covid grrr...but I receive my kitkat parcel of chocolate within 1 week..so bizarre as it is the same place...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Will try my best to catch up everyone posts And post something too.I read mostly all the time all the posts even I am not online

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am so desapointed with my pc offers those time.....they suck big time...barrely 2 offers per week I can use .....the most of the time they put offers of products I dont know or dont buy so this is frustrating...and I dont go to shopper so no I dont gain much point over the weeks..any advices .I purchase the same products week after week and dont have offer for those except deli meat,cheese,pop and nescafe coffee...
    I wasn’t earning a lot of points. If I don’t use offers that week, I try to save any offers that I might want to use the next week. What really made a difference for me was getting the PC credit card. I use it as my regular credit card and pay the balance in full every month. The points add up.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I wasn’t earning a lot of points. If I don’t use offers that week, I try to save any offers that I might want to use the next week. What really made a difference for me was getting the PC credit card. I use it as my regular credit card and pay the balance in full every month. The points add up.
    Thank you very much for the useful infos ,yes I will try to delay my offers more often.
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information