User Tag List

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@GoodBoy my hubby always jokes to my mom (who works) about my dad (who is the busiest retired person around), "retirement is the hardest job out there, eh?"

Back from cottage. Kids played in dirt and swam in pool. They were able to play with other kids safely and with distance. Everyone really relaxed but also respectful. No one in the family is using the cottage at all this year...so, we get to go back in two weeks. Relax just before school starts!

I did most of the cooking for a change and I think we were under budget for that too. I didn't keep a tight track, will figure it out later.

This upcoming week:
    Middle goes to dance camp - woo hoo! Less fighting and an athletic outlet for her.

Mon - watching niece and nephew, distance visit with two teachers from school in evening

Tue - hoping to take kids not in camp to a local zoo that has paddle boats (mostly for the paddle boats). I have two buy an adult pass and get a child pass free. Much cheaper than paddle boat/paddle board/canoe rentals (I've looked!). If it is busy we will just do the boats (which aren't busy when it is busy, lol) and stick to low trafficked areas.

I also have my course, FaceTimes with my grandparents in LTC, oldest's therapy session and next weekend is a low key weekend after a busy week!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Today took a turn but it ended up being a nice surprise.

I was up early this morning, by 8 am, I had loaded the dishwasher, ran the dishwasher, had all the hand dishes done. Then I made a batch of Bananas Muffins and cooked up a package of Bacon in the oven (Love bacon cooked in the oven). I was happy and taking full advantage of the cooler temps this morning,

Next I was going to work on some veggie prep and then if it was still cool I was going to scrub down the kitchen and clean the bathroom. Well I ate a muffin and enjoyed some tea I went on Facebook and saw that Costco has Ground Beef on sale this weekend. I am really well stocked on most meats and I have ground beef and normally wouldn't mind the level we are at but I am trying to keep a little extra on hand just in case.

I thought about it and decided I would head to Costco and see if they had any. I got to Costco at 10 to 10, did my shopping and was back in my car and headed home just before 10:30, I was home by 11 am. At Costco I got a lot more than just Ground Beef but I am extremely happy with my shop, even though I had not planned to shop for another month.
    3 x Ground Beef - each packaged was $6 off
    1 x Olive Oil
    1 x Sponges
    1 x Eos Lip Balm (this was a treat but on sale and worked out to be a better deal then the one we normally buy)
    2 x Pretzel Chips (These are so good and were on sale, I couldn't say no)
    1 x Nachos
    1 x Popcorners (snack box of 24 bags for $7, these will be used to take on the go as a snack)
    1 x Cooking Spray (Love, Love, Love this stuff works so well)
    1 x Buns
    1 x Hamburger Buns
    1 x Mushrooms
    1 x Cucumber (3-pack)
    1 x Harvest Crunch

Finally I got an Air Fryer, we have been discussing this for awhile and turns out Costco hands down has the best price but the last 2 times we were at Costco they were out of stock. Today , I got the last one.

I am happy with my shop, I had decided to take $100 from out take-out budget to cover the ground beef, this also covered most of the extras I got. The Air Fryer will come out of our Household Budget which we currently have an overage in. All and all a successful shop and we still have an overage in our Grocery Budget.

Once I got home I put everything away (this is my favourite part of shopping, putting everything in it's place especially when it goes into my stockpile room).

I have now chopped and washed Romaine for the week, noticed 2 Limes had gone moldy so I have washed them all in a vinegar solution and will store them in the fridge to extend there life.

There are still a few more things I want to prep for the week but thinking that can wait until tomorrow. I have a few things to get done for work that will hopefully help make this week a little less hectic so I think I will do this well we binge watch some Netflix.

Tonight we are going to make Homemade Chicken Fingers in the Air fryer with some sort of Potatoes and Cesar Salad.

Have a great night everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I had 2 people come on sunday the day i posted -now nothing i am surprized my puzzles havent gone on kijiji ,but then again last time i sold 2 bundles was in oct and jan fall and winter months.

Of course the one guy didnt show the other night and no reply since ,it would be nice if a few people had manners (most do that i have dealt with most are very nice)and just plain said "sorry not interested anymore".

Hubby and i went for a drive to waterdown to picards -bought a few nuts and chocolates ,we ate turish delight on the way home .I wanted hubby to let me go into value village out there ,just to get a few more puzzles but alas there was 5 people in line to get in .

I did go into treasure hunt while hubby sat in car ,got 4 no name tape for wrapping $1.20 and a p.j mask toy metal car for sebastian 2.70 ,then i felt bad for hubby sitting in car so just left the store ,plus their toys and housewares was way to messy to look thru.
    Ooh, thanks for the update on those two Waterdown stores! I'd like to go but with friend who drives. It's too hot to bus out there right now.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Still no luck in getting my PC Optimum offers. Replied to SDM tweet to send DM and did that.

Stocked up on pop at Shoppers-tomorrow and beyond will be worse humidity-wise than I care to notice. Got two reduced price dragonfruits and 700g Mini Wheats cereal ($4.99 on sale-yay) at Fortinos.

My Grocery Gateway fruit box, juice, salad and two frozen treats came this afternoon (I waited too long to order so no morning slots were available). One frozen treat was out of stock. Hope I see some kind of credit next week as I checked my ATM balance and it's a tad lower than it should be. I really loved getting a box of fruit last month and seeing the weather forecast had me making time on the wi-fi office bench yesterday to check which things I really wanted that I could not lug home myself in the heat.

A desired e-book hold from the library is available this weekend and the title has been checked out and downloaded.
    All laundry was done this morning and I tried to iron the bedsheet, pillowcase and tops so they are ready for use when needed (I usually put off ironing but today I was firm on myself not to do that).

While on Twitter, I saw someone mention that there is a recall on certain brands of yellow, white and red US onions due to salmonella concerns. Check out the August 2020 posts: https://www.inspection.gc.ca/food-re.../1596839865455

Ah, how cool and refreshing the outdoor air is at 9:29pm. Too bad I have to head home! Keep comfortable everyone!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Oh and got my simons order in today 13 days it took (not bad)
    The underwear for hubby (he loves them)
    fig bathroom and room spray -i love it
    (2) kitten tea towels a gift for a friend

All items were very nice -i am impressed
    Thanks for posting, as I never heard of Simons and really like the kitten tea towels

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went to Giant Tiger yesterday to get more stretch t-shirts for $8. Super comfy, and they retain their shape after washing. I have 7 of them now - they are that nice, my fav colour is the hot pink one, following by yellow. I will wear them into the Fall/winter with cardigans.

Also bought a bunch of bananas (3lb) for $1.68, nectarines on sale for $2.47 and GT coffee pods (surprised how good it tastes) for $5.97. Love Giant Tiger, just wished it was closer as it reminds me of Biway.

Hot, humid day, so will be sitting in the shade reading "stranger on the beach".
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Barbis, funny you mention Biway, I read an article that popped up on my Facebook that Biway is reopening one location in Toronto next year.

Reminded me of being a child and going with my Nanny and I remember digging through the bins with her looking for specific sizes or styles of products.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i loved Bi-way. loved that store , could find the coolest stuff there.

ok. big storm this am. my dogs were not fans.
    just puttering aroud the house today. i have laundry to get done, and a kitchen to clean . i may make a small potato salad and a pasta salad that would carry us a few days. plan is bbq tonight.
    i should finish up the daycare rooms as well.

should be a good week, hoping to get a few small things done. my ansixty is getting to me a bit. but i am taking things slower , i find that helps. lists and goals help as well. not ocd over the top... but more plans... that works for me.

any hoo off to make a few salads.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Everyone i loved Bi-Way too always went with my mom .

Barbis -i heard about simons from ceil talking about it a few months ago -i realize they have expensive designer stuff ,but i hit on the price button and a arrow pops up and put the cheapest items first for me to see and i love that you only have to spend $25 or more to get free shipping and it only took 13 days to get to me from quebec to ontario .I will order more as i keep looking now and then .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My daughter just went home with her hubby they are going out for supper and to a van gough exibit in toronto .

So i told sebastian nana will make a chicken supper with mashed potatoes tonight and frozen corn ,we have him til wednesday and we leave at 2.30 p.m .

My daughter treated us to a patio early super yesterday 3.15 p.m on locke street"earth to table bread bar" nice and social distancing on their front of store -infact the whole street is shut down to cars til sept i think ,so nice to enjoy sitting out ,some feeling of normalcy except when we had to use the washroom we masked up to go inside .We had margerita pizza and skinny fries also to share .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Giseledta I am with you on the lists and goals.

I think is why last week hit me so hard and I started spinning. I had found my groove of working from home and even though I have been going into the office more, I was not doing full days. I really felt like I was getting on top of everything and was able to stay on top of everything and not work insane hours. Then last week came and my to do list completely changed and my goals also changed.

We have been so busy and there have been so many moving parts, I did not get a chance to to just sit down and refocus myself, come up with new plans. Although I was still writing to do lists but they were not lining up with my goals instead they were just how to keep my head above water.

Today my goal has been to come up with a plan for this week, I will make my plan based on spending the whole week working in the branch but I do hope to get 1 or 2 days were I can work from home. It will be easier to pivot into getting work from home days than planning them and not getting them. But my plan won't just be for work, I need to find a way to get a few things done around the house.

I am not going to plan anything too big as I feel then I am just setting myself up for failure. My goal is to not have to work so late this week to stay on top of everything so my hope is I can tackle some small things when I get home.

Hopefully after this week I will be remote 80% of the time which will help me get back on track. I think both Mom and I have become so used to be being home and just getting things done during the day. Now that I was working 14 hour days things just are not getting done, that will change this week.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I worked at Biway as a teenager. Wouldn't have met my best friend otherwise. 30 years !!! Time sure flys!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did not get a lot done today but I am good with it. I am really trying to find the middle ground in life, getting things done but also finding time for myself and some down time. I have seen that I am either going at 150% or at 10%, I lack that middle ground which is why I think I crash so hard an get so knocked down both mentally and physically.

I did do some meal prep, I cut up some veggies I will take to work with me to snack on during the day. I also made some dip from some Greek Yogurt I needed to use up. Turns out Mom is off tomorrow and Tuesday so she will make dinner these nights, I won't have to figure out dinner till Wednesday. I am thinking of making a Slow Cooker Meal Wednesday as I have an afternoon meeting I will be home for so I can turn the Slow Cooker on before my meeting.

Also tried making Apple Chips in the Air Fry to use up some apples that were going bad. It is a learning process and I burned quite a few of them and those I did not burn I already ate.

Now I am working on my plan and goals for this week, that will be my tasks for the rest of the day well I binge on some Netflix.

Dinner tonight is last night's dinner, we were not hungry at dinner time last night so later in the night we just had some pancakes from the freezer. So tonight we will make Homemade Chicken Fingers.

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Family bbq tonight. Had to whip up 2 birthday bags. Think i did pretty good considering! Picking up flowers for MIL just because i think she deserves them and will appreciate them.
    Had a porch pick up this morning for $5.
    Good start to sales and hope to up the sales this week once i really start sorting and posting. I do have a $25 item pending sale that would have came Friday but i was busy. Even if it falls thru i have someone lined up 2nd and would repost and sell no problem.
    Youngest DS is gone camping till Wednesday less mouth to feed lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Neighbour just asked sebastian and i if we wished to go into his above ground pool -only 78 and the air was a bit nippy for me but i stayed in for 45 minutes ,now off to start supper prep.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information