User Tag List

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Ran some errands today.

Got some hand soap. Spent an arm and a leg. I like LiveClean and it is hard to find right now. Doesn't flare my eczema on my hands. Important when we are washing more.

Spent quite a bit at Dollarama too! I found "Wet" brand detangle brushes which I have been looking for, for a while now ($15 at Wal-Mart). They are quite pricey and I have been waiting for a sale. Paid $4 for three and $3 for one. Hopefully this will help tangle complaints around here. Also bought a few things to help will organization needs which constantly seem to be changing!

Won a free donut on the NHL game on the Tim's App yesterday. Played again today. DH follows hockey stats so he is helping me choose players. If your players score goals in the day's games you win. 1 player scores - $1 coffee, 2 players scores - Free donut with purchase and if all 3 of your choices score - Free coffee with purchase. We all know that I LOVE Tim's so, this will save us some money!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

As for panic attacks. I'm in the same boat as many of you. I take medication now and rarely get them. When I do, they are more like a chest flutter for a few minutes now rather than my heart pounding out of my chest for hours.
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks guys nice to know i am not alone. they suck .

flooring issue done.
    rain is forecast tomorrow. , i need to get some meds, and then spend the rest of the day doing housework .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I slept in til 7.00 a.m and was thinking about fall ,looked in my hubby's pant drawer and he only has 2 pairs of dockers from the bay ,so went on the old navy/gap site and ordered him a pair from old navy $28 .69 after discount if he doesnt like the fit or quality then back they go ,nice to get black as it's hard to find his size in dark colours,then i thru in a summer dress for ashlyn for next spring $11.49 .

I love seeing my granddaughters in dresses and ashlyn doesnt have that many.I myself use to dress my daughter in dresses all the time when she was little .

Last night went down to hubby's brother's house and they did their basement over as they had a flood down it last year ,so nice built in fireplace in the wall ,new couch ,rug .My sister-in-law painted 2 lamps and bought new shades and painted an old dresser a nice teal blue ,she is so talented .He asked us why dont we do our basement ,we are not interested too expensive and my hubby is not as handy as his brother .It is beautifull thou .

Then my neice dropped in with her hubby ,so we sat outside all in our distance chairs talking til 8.30 .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am thinking of venturing to Costco today. It’s cooler so standing in line waiting won’t be too bad. Only 4 days of work this week and them off until September. AC is off and I am enjoying coffee on my deck, not without listening to my crazy @ssed neighbour and his bloody gas powered gadgets. The man has never met a broom to sweep his porch. Has to use a leaf blower
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning.

Dropped DS off at work for 9am then crawled back in bed. Got up about 11 and made an omelette with hashbrowns.
    My is in call this weekend and had to go to a call. I was going to go with him but decided to stay and clean the kitchen.
    Took BLSL chicken out of the freezer. Will cook later and DS can make chicken ceaser wraps for dinner.

I have 2 pick ups for today. I may post stuff later but not feeling like it now so we will see.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we have rain. lotsof rain
    so , off to clean the kitchen and the playroom. might play cards later with the youngest
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Me and time management we need to get more on the same page LOL. I was doing some inventory work last night and was getting tired, apparently I thought I was a lot further along than I was because I was like oh I will finish this tomorrow well I drink my tea. Nope it took me longer but oh well it is done.

Do not have a lot of ambition today, feeling really tired but think that is just life. Still have some more work to get done so think that will be my plan as I can sit on the couch with my laptop and binge watch.

Not that I am enjoying working the weekend but I am happy to get some of stuff off my to do list, it is bringing down my stress level and making me a little less anxious. Everyone is understanding of my situation but it is frustrating to just keep seeing my to do list getting longer and longer. It does not help that once we find a solution for the branch I am in we have a number of new hires that need training so it isn't like I will have all of this time to get stuff done. Instead I will be juggling training schedules some online, some in person. Oh well it will work out.

I guess the good news is, it is a grey rainy day so a nice day to get some work done and binge watch some Netflix.

Alright let's get back at it. Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I wanted to return my sunglasses to old navy so i did ,but i exchanged a top for a medium size as large was way to big but now i want to return it -ugggg to tight on me -its so hit or miss with old navy for their sizings.

Then popped into value village ,no puzzles but i had a coupon from donating spent 5.00 save 2.00 got a bag of small toys for my house and some nice lotion each 1.99 after coupon .

I dont like that they dont want you trying on clothing -yes the change rooms are closed ,but you have 14 days to return .So that deterred me from shopping for used clothing .I dont get it talize lets you use every other change room ,so does style encore .

Then popped into goodness me to look around at their produce -got lovely barlett pears 1.69 a pound .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I braved Costco. First I have been since March (DH has gone). Wasn't bad.

Highlights:
    Child masks 50 pack (back up to our cloths if I lax on the washing here and there)
    Live Clean soap refills and hand sanitizer!!! We are well stocked now.
    Snow suit (I think DD2 will need a coat eventually, she needs pants)
    Gluten free crackers
    50 pencils (already sharpened with bonus erasers) -for my own and kids I teach (If I am allowed to give them out).
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Granger I was just coming to tell you Costco had the live clean hand soap. It seemed awfully cheap at 5.00 a big bottle but DH has terrible eczema and the winter is the worst so I picked up one to try. I debated a second bottle and will kick myself when we run out. Nothing exciting going on so we went for a long drive through the country this afternoon.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I love the live clean soap ,i even reuse the bottle and put soaftsoap in it after as its a nice big round bottle .I get it sat shoppers on sale sometimes ,but again the other day only saw 2 small dial soaps at shoppers 5.99 each -too much .

I may ask my daughter-in-law to get me some live clean at costco and i will pay her.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Nice day outside but they were saying on the radio rain maybe.

Work day for me. Looking at the calendar thinking I should take some days off before summer is over but figure why bother since youngest DS is working all the time too. Maybe I will just have 4 day weekends starting in September. Have to figure something out.

Question- the metal bed frames that are for double/Queen usually. Do you know if they extend to King size? I feel like I was told that so thinking I should keep the one I am selling and use it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning - i dont think our bed frame (metal ) will go to king size .I feel they are for double or queen .

Woke up to thumping and banging of heavy machinery ,the school across the street is getting major work done new gym etc and it has been going on all summer ,it will be nice when it is done.

Getting things done before we babysit the girls thursday from 11.30 a.m til overnight til next day at most likely 3.00 p.m .Hubby has to take ashlyn to her tudoring class from 5-6.

May pop over to sobeys this morning ,we will see .
    As on tuesday i wish to go to the old toy shop and sell a few items .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not 100% sure but I think bed frames are either Double to Queen or Queen to King but as I said not 100% sure

I know mine went to from Double to Queen when I upgraded
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information