User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Frugalbigmama check where your peaches are from, hopefully Canada as some from the US have been recalled due to possible Salmonella
    ROMEO, lilo0003 and GoodBoy like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Friday I found a free desk on Facebook in our local freebie group. It was an office closing down and they had 6 to give away. It’s an ikea desk The same as what we already have in the office but of course now we need two workspaces. They wanted them gone within the house and the place was 5 minutes from us so we headed right out the door and then she said do you want a filing cabinet too, heck yes. DH has been using a kitchen table which is a family heirloom so we refuse to get rid of it. Then my mom called and said she has a bigger apartment in November so I say hey, do you want a kitchen table. She knows it’s hers until the older leaves home. My in laws bought the table in the late 50’s in the UK. It’s teak and has been refinished at least once. They used for years, then my brother in law had it and then in 1993 it became ours. We used it everyday until the kitchen renovation 2 years ago so it’s just such a part of our family history and I love that our kids are lining up to take it. The chairs died about 10 years ago and we still use the side board which I absolutely love.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just sold 4 boxes of clothes to a grandma for $91. I already received the e-transfer and she’ll pick it up tomorrow after work. I have a different small pick up scheduled fir tomorrow morning.

I’ve also had some responses to my organic veggie sale post and an order scheduled for tomorrow.

Someone with the same university training as myself has posted an advertisement for private tutoring. $30/hr. I used to provide private tutoring 8yrs ago before ds was born, but I wasn’t charging $30/hr at the time.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just sold 4 boxes of clothes to a grandma for $91. I already received the e-transfer and she’ll pick it up tomorrow after work. I have a different small pick up scheduled fir tomorrow morning.
    I’ve also had some responses to my organic veggie sale post and an order scheduled for tomorrow.

Someone with the same university training as myself has posted an advertisement for private tutoring. $30/hr. I used to provide private tutoring 8yrs ago before ds was born, but I wasn’t charging $30/hr at the time.
    I am sure you could easily charge that much. Given the situation for school I think many parents will try to find some tutoring for their children. We used them often as our younger son has a LD and I always preferred the tutors that were trained teachers.
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela I agree with Lillo actually locally I see a lot of people looking but not getting much of a response (I see the same people posting over and over).

But I think at least in our area the big thing is these are parents who have opted not to send their kids back and are looking for help with online learning.
    barbis9, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I think your reward should be air conditioning!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Time to be real LOL

I feel like all and all handling Covid and the Covid restrictions has not been overly hard for me because by nature I am a homebody, that is just me. But with the change of events in my life, not so much going into the branch but what can best be described as working 24/7. In the past when this has happened I have always planned something almost as a reward that when this is done I can look forward too.

With Covid that has changed going out and doing things has lost it appeal because the story of life right now "Where is my Mask" but not only that I find going out almost tiring now. Between wearing the mask and all of the rules and protocols (not that I am complaining I get it completely and am not saying I want these restrictions to go away anytime soon, I know we need them) but it has made me simplify going out. When I grocery shop, I only go to one store, I am not ready to go to a mall yet, eating in a restaurant not ready fo that either but not even just that locally a lot of Summer places have not opened this year.

It is moment like this you just really see how things have changed. Yesterday I started daydreaming about that reward that would come at the end of all of this and I could not come up with anything. So I had a bit of a moment just seeing how things have changed and missing some of those "normal" things.

Okay, time to move on, I have had my moment and time to get back at it.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Been busy. Visiting my parents in S. Ontario so they can spend time with my little guy. Also means I get to do my shopping at a larger store wahoo!!! Scored some Gerber baby cereal at RCSS (Caddle & personal Optimum offers wahoo!). Happy to be able to actually use my optimum offers rather than just bumping them every week waiting until I can shop at a store that has the program (my local store is a Loblaws banner store but doesn’t do optimum).

I’m waiting to hear back from Peanut Labs as they have apparently permanently suspended my account due to a “breach of one or more conditions”. I have NO IDEA what happened as I answer all the questions truthfully. Not being able to do those quizzes is making it super hard to hit my SB daily goal. Has anyone ever had this happen? Or heard of it happening? So strange.

Hoping to get the ole dehydrator working again on all the delicious local veggies in preparation for winter use. RCSS has peppers on sale so I’m planning on doing a bunch. I usually cut them in slices and feeeze for use in fajitas/curries/sauce etc through the winter. Our garden at home is just starting to come along with harvesting (we’ve gotten beans, peas, and a couple tomatoes so far) but should start booming soon. Being in the north we have a short growing season but with extra day light it helps. We also have most of our gardens south facing as well.

Hope everyone is staying cool and staying safe!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!! I was up till at least 3:30 am thinking! Ugh! I guess I was excited for today and all things I wanted to accomplish.

I have been productive so far for a Monday morning!
    1st load of laundry hanging out to dry
    2nd load in washer
    3 pick ups arranged for this afternoon ( I deleted all my ads at 3 am and reposted a few and boom tons of interest.
    Breakfast done and dishes washed.

DS is working from home today too and has a few clients so I have to be quiet at noon and then a later this afternoon. So trying to get my laundry done now and all the noisy chores.

My to do list is long but I don't expect to get it all done today.... My goal is to putter at it over the next few days.

Off I go!

Enjoy the day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Aug 24th, 2020 at 11:20 AM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to the dump today! Best $10 spent. Got rid of so much broken crap from the garage. Old shovels that were useless. broken snow
    brushes that have been kicking around. Recycling is free to drop off so if I am ever overflowing or in the winter months when it will just result in a mess I will have to remember to. just take to the dump.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@flyingdutch this happened to me years ago and I appealed to no avail with SB. Then about a year later they emailed me to let me back in, by then I gave up and no longer use them. I am sure what triggered it was when DH lost his job I changed our income category on the surveys and I am sure they doubted the sudden change.
    took the kids to the Niagara outlet mall, we got caught in a massive rainstorm on the way. The mall was so busy, the line for Nike was 100 people, we have a Nike outlet in our city so decided against that line. Younger son did find khakis at American Eagle and they were on clearance. They only had one pair in his size and colour so I may check our local store. Older son found shorts on clearance at Adidas and that was the end of the shopping. Then lunch and home.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

did not have luck to find those beauties coupons at wm..they sure been gone since they been put away on the display grrrr
    paid 18$ for ink and my printer dont want to print...she barrely print 2 coupons and after saying all different things
    maxi and cie was not taxes free on everything like a taught....so annoying
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

supper:hamburgers with ceasar salad and cucumbers puff pastry strawberries for dessert

I wanted to pm ground beef at maxi from superc only to be told they do a pm per kilo and that not make a difference in my price...not sure it is true!

edit confirmed my doubt checked online maxi and the same meat is 4,48$ lb and super c was 2,88$ lbs grr...i hate cashier like that..probably a new one
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Aug 24th, 2020 at 05:35 PM.
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I needed to get eggs ( notice the price went up again???) $2.84 at Walmart and other places. Still 2.69 at my SDM.
    We do not need school supploes but figured buy a few papermate pens for DS for tax only after se and coupon. Well 2 rang in at 1.97 not the sign .97. Cashier told me i was getting for .97 because of coupom lol. Another worker said yeah she bought same ones and noticed she was over charged too so he gave to me for right price but missed ringing 1 in so i got them cheaper then free ( took extra money off my other item)

Have a few pick ups arranged for tomorrow. Didn't post anything today other then reposting at 3am. Tomorrow i am dedicating sorting and posting new items tomorrow
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Well I just finished making my 1st batch of black bean burgers. I am anxious for my guy to try them I used the hot peppers that I grew all by myself

Time is flying today. At least the kitchen is clean from my experiment. I really need to clean out the fridge and plan to use up the stuff in there. I will make myself do that by 2pm today to make sure I get at it.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Aug 25th, 2020 at 11:09 AM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just relaxing today on the porch while waiting for FedEx to deliver a Wayfair order
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information