User Tag List

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m trying to work on my supper meal plans.

Tonight we’ll have smokies, perogies, fresh veggies with lemon dill dip. I haven’t made chicken hurry in a very long time. I think we’ll have it tomorrow with rice and cooked veggies.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We love perogies but I just find them time consuming to cook (boil 1st etc) and then I need to make the whole box and they don't fit in the pan so have to do a few batches. The other day we only wanted to cook using the bbq so we wrapped frozen perogies in tinfoil drizzled with avocado oil. They turned out great! I think next time I will do this but boil 1st and try in the oven. And at the end put them on broil to brown them up.
    Ciel, cath007, Granger and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok I need to get organizing and posting crap for sale. Starting now, wish me luck!!

I went through all the adult clothing that I had ready to sell. Took pics of all and then in the pics labeled the size. It is all in one rubbermaid bin now. Then I gave youngest DS a large bin and said go to your closet and pull anything that is too small. So many treasures! I am sorting it all now in piles of size. Then I will take pics and post like group (jackets/hoodies etc) Post stuff for sale and see how it goes. Sell what I can and then in a few weeks will post each pile for cheap just to get rid of. I'm on a roll!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Aug 25th, 2020 at 02:06 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to hubby's neice's today about a 20 minute drive .She has a pool and said come down for a visit with sebastian .We just got home ,nice visit and way better than yesterday ,not the extreme humidity.

Supper is pasta .I may have a pickup tonight 5.00 for some canning jars ,we will see if they show up .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Bah! Hopefully they give me some sort of explanation at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @flyingdutch this happened to me years ago and I appealed to no avail with SB. Then about a year later they emailed me to let me back in, by then I gave up and no longer use them. I am sure what triggered it was when DH lost his job I changed our income category on the surveys and I am sure they doubted the sudden change.
    took the kids to the Niagara outlet mall, we got caught in a massive rainstorm on the way. The mall was so busy, the line for Nike was 100 people, we have a Nike outlet in our city so decided against that line. Younger son did find khakis at American Eagle and they were on clearance. They only had one pair in his size and colour so I may check our local store. Older son found shorts on clearance at Adidas and that was the end of the shopping. Then lunch and home.
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Caddle continues to have difficulty accepting my receipt photos I have an iPhone but turn my Live Photo function off when doing receipt shots. Hmmm. I emailed them after trying unsuccessful to load the store ones twice. Still waiting on approval for my Gerber cereal offers to be approved. *sigh* I’m so impatient

Much better weather today. Yesterday was so gross- hot and humid and close feeling. I had a headache off and on which I’m sure was in part due to weather (and my little one’s not the best sleeper so with a few rough nights over the last little while I’m feeling it some day more than others). Got some peppers cut during my little guys first nap and into the dehydrator. We’ll see how they turn out. I usually do my peppers for the freezer for things like fajitas or curries or whatever (wash and slice/dice, freeze on a tray and then bag) but thought I’d try drying them. If they don’t work out I can always grind them up to make a powder and use them in sauce and just go back to freezing them. He’s having his afternoon nap now and I’m just tidying up around my parents place. They do so much for us when we visit I try to help where I can.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi everyone!!! We are only tuesday and I really hope this week will end soon .... Really I spend more than I allowing myself....Crazy expensive week for the budget.... Canon printer had so many recurrent problems that I decided to buy a new one but not a canon...an hp one at best buy for half the price 40$ exluding eco frais and taxes and papers...not 80$ ....I plugged her to my computer dad computer dad cellular and tablet for more print...I already printed for 30$ of coupons (2 x 5,00$) off proplan for eve kleenex,yogurt ,hamburger bogo,nuts,becel and more....for the next weeks we will shop with sale and eat with a budget....medication,tv,printer ,wm and grocery was pricey this week

I will go pm and do a small shop with my coupons tommorrow at maxi....I think I will pay cash tired of using my debit card ...catching ...

have a fabulous evening and night everyone!!!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

anyone know if it is ok to use the 5$ coupon at maxi more than 1 time but not the same day....marked on the coupon per visit per client and after during the time of promotion very confusing to me.. @couponmummy...........if so i would have use it yesterday and maybe tomorrow
    just asking because I saw on a french couponning fb site a girl used 5 times the coupon 5 different day
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I made $57.00 in total this month from selling small stuff and to the retro toy store .Just made 5.00 tonight .Iwas thinking of selling a few of my tops that are a bit big or i dont care for anymore -only ones in excellent shape i was thinking 5.00 each (one i never wore ).Not that many tops are on kijij from my city ,but i may try .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sorry to hear of the short tv appliance life, @cath007 ! If you are willing to go smaller, Canadian Tire usually has 32" smart tvs on sale for under $200. Does Quebec charge any environmental disposal fees for plasma tvs? If I recall correctly, plasma tvs are heavier?

I personally would like a new 32" tv and a certain console (it seems to be discontinued at IKea and my next favourite pick at a different store is in the $400+ range). However, that is a want for now.

Funny update to over the air tv signals-brother did the channel set up yesterday and we suddenly get 3 QVC channels, Erie ch. 7, a HSN channel, supposedly CW2 and a few more channels plus a semi-strong CITY signal on 57.1 Global is no longer showing on 17-1 and 23-1 but on 6-1 (used to be on there) and 41-1 (used to be there and left over a year ago). Any insights on what happened? Most of the US stations seem weather dependent (sunny and clear conditions but certain trio of 29-1, 29-2, 29-3 seem to be strong on overcast days).

I managed to cut about half of the grass today. Tomorrow's cooler temp is going to be a see if I can get bro to cut rest of the grass day plus last chance to see if I can plant seeds of stuff in the garden. Mom's cucumber plants are mostly toast with a few runners still with perky yellow flowers (future cucumbers). The pepper plants are so-so and the cherry tomatoes are productive, about a double handful of produce every 2-3 days.

Feeling wiped today as I did not get good sleep, plus woke up early and sweaty, and dry-mouthed. Thankful I had some sliced watermelon in the fridge (last night's I got to have it buy) which helped with hydration and staving off breakfast until late morning. Having trouble figuring out protein needs as we've run down most of the fridge and pantry needs in the past week. Mom did some grocery shopping today and I picked up a couple of things tonight. Think I'll turn into bed early with a book tonight.

I understand the Montreal longshoreman strike continues. It's part of the reason why Bro is off work this week-work cannot get parts to the plant.

Must admit aside from the added quiet of no festivals in the area, I enjoy the extra auditory quiet. Loud vehicle exhausts notwithstanding (seems to be a regular night parade and full weekend thing).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

ATM deposit FYI-I tried to deposit a new $5 that was worn vertically down the middle so that the clear plastic was mostly seen, not the blue colour. Twice the ATM said it was an unrecognizable item and spit it out. Had an intact new $5 bill and deposited that.

Will see if my bank will swap the bill for a new one. The bill came from Mom's bank ATM. Just thought I'd share as it seems there's a kettle of problems with certain plastic bills depending on which machines one uses (some Metrolinx GO ticket machines might still have issues with the May 2019 $10 bill unless all machines got updated over the past year).

See you online tomorrow--have to boogey home! Good night!
    barbis9, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I already purchased the tv and i dont know about the return fees...the tv is in the spare bedroom for now
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Working from home for a little bit this morning as I have a doc appointment this morning. I have put this appointment off for over 2 weeks hoping I would be back to working from home so I could slip out and go but I just do not know anymore.

It looks like Plan M is going to be the plan that works but this person already works for us so we need to find their replacement. I was hoping this would be my last week and I could take next Thursday and Friday off to recharge (5 day weekend) but not sure that will become reality.

Both Monday & Tuesday mornings have gone well and I thought okay, I am on top of it all tonight I won't have to work from home and then the afternoon hits and all chaos breaks loose. Hoping the end of the week things will slow down a bit and I can clear some projects.

This weekend is supposed to cooler and I cannot wait, there is a Triple Berry Ricotta Cake in my future. Actually it cooled off nicely last night I noticed a nice chill in the air when I came down this morning. If I was home today I would air the house out but that will have to wait for the weekend

Alright, time to get back to work, have a great day everyone
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It must be fall!! 14C right now (feels so nice) and just am enjoying a Pumpkin Scone and of course a Pumpkin Spiced Latte! If that is not fall I do not know what is. Until the 33C tomorrow that is!!

Carpe Diem all!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Fall! Bite your tongues all of you! lol I"m not ready for summer to be over. We are going camping this weekend!

Today- Have to step out for a meeting- Personal business I may be partaking in
    Then continue posting the clothing for sale and sort it in bins so it is ready to pull as it sells.

Then I need to sort 5 bins into groups and get posting that stuff. I have a good groove with it now.

Made an egg on a bagel for breakfast. Was starving before I got up this morning.

Took a few lonely porkchops out of the freezer. I plan on cooking them up with left over fries/baked potatoes and veggies and make a plate for each boys for the fridge. They both work this evening so they can eat it before or after.

Have a great day everyone!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information