User Tag List

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am also a fan of the Costco TP. I like not having to worry about it and the Cottenelle which is on sale this week is wrapped as 6 packs inside the bigger pack. This was awesome during the early stage of Covid as I could easily give the 6 pack away.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

toilet paper: I did splurge on my stockpile during covid I am down to 4 and a half packages so I will start check the deals
    no costco membership here but my aunt have one
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Our school lost 5.5 teachers temporarily. They should receive positions in the board either in person or online as our board is hiring to reduce class size and filling online classroom positions. Their spot will hold at our school until next fall depending on numbers before they are permanently surplussed. I am feeling very grateful for my 15 years seniority as it is giving me a lot of job security. My position is the same. I have a grade 7 homeroom and another class of grade 7 and 6. All three I will teach math and science to. I have to go to the other rooms to teach when it is not my homeroom.

Online meetings all day tomorrow. I need low cost gift ideas for my sister's birthday. In the recent past I have done a plant and I am the gift card queen. I was thinking some microwave popcorn and a couple shakers. I can't think of anything local that might be in my price range...our Home Hardware has funky socks. Thanks for the ideas... still open to others.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Caddle got my problem loading photos all sorted out so I am thankful for that.

Swagbucks emailed me back and told me that I have to talk to Peanut Labs as its them who locked my account for their surveys. I have emailed them (over a week ago) and not heard back. I’m not holding my breath. It sucks cause it’ll be hard to hit my daily goals but I can’t put much more into getting it sorted out. What will be will be.

Garden has given us enough tomatoes to make and put up a batch of sauce already. We use a lot in a variety of dishes/soups so it’s nice to have it on hand. So much better homemade imho.

Hope all are well and staying safe!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

got a reply back on fb from batiste if I dont receive my prize in 2 weeks recontact them
    So happy!!!!Finally found the problem with flashfood....I had to uninstall it I suspect the version was not accurate anymore and then install the new one and tadam that work...could benefit some meat,fruits veggies desserts and yogurt for cheap for sure!!!

will try to fall back as slept

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I will pm you
    I mailed an envelope out to you last night
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My baby is 16 today. Just made him and a few of his friends a big breakfast/brunch. Peameal, hashbrowns, eggs, toast and strawberries.
    Then they are off to the beach for the day. Enjoy it while they can!

Kitchen is almost clean. Just soaking the peameal pan.

I have a $5 pick up on the porch for today.

Goal today: Finish cleaning the dining room. Almost done! Just need need to move a few bins to the garage then wash the walls and floor.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I mailed an envelope out to you last night
    Thank you so much!!!!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My watche came today
    just waiting on the coat and underwears lol
    went to metro to buy milk and ceasar dressing and got also 2 nice pepper steak under 3$ each and best of it they had a 30% off also so that will be supper with ceasar salad and patatoes wedges
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

storms all night... my dogs were highly not impressed.. hubby got the recyling out.. but we did not get the garbage out. that is ok.. we will do that another day

not too sure about supper .. use one of the gcs.. or make pizza. depends on how the afternoon goes. this am was .. rough

did some follow up with someone about a bill... i am staying on top of it.
    youngest said she would come down and finish the painting in the daycare rooms today. it will do my heart good to see it done. she is such a amazing painter.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Oh Lillo how I feel you on these long days. I had plan to not work last night but I kind of did it to myself. I was so proud of myself in the morning I came in and moved all of the physical and virtual folders over into September, all good. But somehow I forgot that the start of the month also means new pricing I have to enter and import into the system, so needless to say that is what I did last night.

I keep telling myself after work, I am going to Grocery shop but it just does not happen. I am not sure what it is up but I am just so tired and even though I sleep I still wake up tired, this is getting super annoying.

Hopeful if I keep my focus I can get through everything today and not tonight, that is my goal. I would like to say I will go home and clean but let's just be honest here probably will not happen.

Alright time to get back at it.

Have a great day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Out today running around returned joggers to old navy ,i just wanted to exchange them but they do not carry this type in store .

Then to pluto to see if they wanted to buy anything -yes 6.00 for me 2 tops they bought and $2.50 for old runner my daughter had down the basement .

Then on a few racks they had 50% the yellow sticker -i bought a beautifull pale rose blouse short sleeve 100% polyester 6.00-50%=3.00

Then on the value village so busy in there .I talked to the girl about not having the fitting rooms opened and she said they would have to steam the clothing and what if someone gets burnt (wsib claim)she told me if it is a sweater or button down blouse just try it on over your clothing but nothing over your head .Their customers have to be the worst for wearing masks under their noses and one guy pulled his down to talk in an isle ,when i talked to cashier about it she said "we cant say anything".

I didnt look at clothing but got 5 more puzzles 2.99 each -i had 2 cpns spent 5.00 save 2.00 ,so i asked for 2 seperate bills saved 4.00 .Then stopped at style encore -nothing for me.

Then stopped at sobeys and used some of my giftcard up $ 52.53 ii got 72 airmiles today
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Sep 2nd, 2020 at 03:26 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Ok, accomplished way more than I had planned tonight after work so that is a bonus.

I needed to get gas so I had to drive right by the grocery store so I went in. I was quite disappointed, my goal was to spend $20 and I was only going to buy fresh stuff but that department was lacking. They had no berries at all, the cantaloupe I am pretty sure were frozen (this has happened before I thought they were just cold but turns out nope they were frozen and turned to mush) and so on. In the end I got:
    Mushrooms
    Zucchini
    Pepperoni (we love the brand they carry and it is 10 for a package that lasts us about 6 months)
    2 x Frozen Spinach (we use this all the time in the winter and it was on sale so grabbed it)
    2 x Spinach & Cheese Ravioli (These marked down to 50% off so I said hey for $2 each, I can turn these into an easy simple dinner, plus there will be leftovers)

I spent just over $20 right where I wanted to be but a little disappointed I did not get more fresh produce. Also I only ended up using 1 package of Pasta for dinner so the only one will go in the freezer to be used later. I think I might try making breaded ravioli, I have seen them done as an appetizer but normally they are deep fried which I am not a fan of, so thinking I will try it in the air fryer.

When i got home, I put the groceries away, took out the garbage which was leaking (I HATE that) so I cleaned that up. Got dinner in the oven and took a nice long shower to relax a little. Dinner should be almost done, just waiting on the timer and will toss together a Salad well I wait for it to cool a little.

Let's hope for a relaxing night, although I do have to send one email I remembered on the way home I forgot to send.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold $30 in garden veggies today. Between yesterday and today I’ve already done $82 in sales. I have someone else who wants to do a pick up tomorrow. I have more things to post...still working on it. The seasons are changing, so my small kids winter clothes will be posted for sale this month. Hopefully I have good luck with that.

edit: I ordered free pizzas for supper tonight. I redeemed Dominos points for 1 medium pizza and I redeemed my Pizza Hut coupon for the other medium pizza.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Sep 2nd, 2020 at 07:56 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Don’t forget to push your PCO. I try to wait until 11 because then next weeks have loaded but it’s a risky move. I actually have a lot of good ones but because I am try to use what we have my plan is to save only fresh food offers.
    my Checkout 51 cheque finally arrived. It’s been a while since they have had any offers I wanted. So I decided to cash out and will start to rebuild my account.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information