User Tag List

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Luck Angela
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just got a credit from the gap $5 something ,i called as i noticed the 2 dresses went cheaper .Pays to check as it was only 6 days ago i ordered from them .

Last night went to shoppers as it was seniors day ,was tired but made myself go and got 2 milks with 2,000 points for them,muffins and a black watch cost 7.99 (joe fresh) after discount .I go thru watches a lot ,(ceil i did look in value village but none)the straps go quick ,but i love wearing a watch .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Sep 4th, 2020 at 08:52 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and TGIF! Short workday today because of the long weekend.

I have a SDM offer for today only. Redeem $50 or more in PC pts receive back 40% points. I will go take a look and and see if any deals. I like this offer.
    For No Frills I have spend $30 get 3000 pts on both my cards. Weekend plan to use up stuff and not shop till Tuesday or so but will see.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a lot of little people clothing from a locker I bid on years ago.Sold lots of it but found the last few boxes. Sorted by size and filled 2 rubbermaid bins with size 24mths and under and posted for sale. 3 items for $1 and come take a look and take what you want.
    Just had my 1st customer and she took 15 items! Will organize the rest of the kids clothes and do the same idea I think. l set up a few tables on my walkway and set up appts. Should have done today but it looks like rain and I found this week slow with everyone getting ready for long weekend and school. On October 1st whatever clothing hasn't sold I will load in my SUV and bring to the clothing donation box. The last week of Sept everything will be marked down to $1 and available for viewing. That is plan!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Sep 4th, 2020 at 12:13 PM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just went thru all my costume jewellery earrings .I am purging a lot .I popped over to winners and bought a pair of tiny sterling silver earrings 16.99.As my one ear is always red,inflammed some days ,skin phorisis i have behind my ears .

They had 70% off a large rack of course not any of the 3 tops that were 5.00 each fit me ,but i did get 2 bottles of "molton brown shower gel (english brand) 24.99 reg marked down to 3.00-one for my gift basket for my hairdresser one for me .
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I accepted a full time teaching contract. It starts on Tuesday, with 3 days of meetings at the school division office. Then I can teach the rest of the school year from home. I’ll be teaching a Grade 7 online (using google Classroom) until the end of June.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 awesome news. I know you have worked hard and waited along time for full time.
    I have the 1.99 butter and Miss Vickie’s offer again. Not letting this one slip through my fingers. That’s likely it for groceries this weekend.
    plan to post more to give away and thin the basement. But will relax too.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Fabulous news Angela!!!!

and John... congrats on the new digs!!!!! amazing.

ok. long long ... week. sigh. but ... its the weekend. yea!!!
    i sorted some coupons... i feel horrid that i do not do better with these. i have a stack to use tomorrow. list is written . coupons gained. i am going to RCSS. and getting my moms click and collect order. as well as my groceries. i have weird stuff, and good stuff on my list. ...
    it will be a good shop.

tonight, i restained the front deck in a few spots. i will seal it tomorrow. and prob again on sunday.. let it cure .. and replace stuff ...
    also i will be working on the sides,and hopefully back yard.

oldest is going to her bfs.
    middle is ignoring me...
    and youngest is working.

hubby has some work to do this weekend. I may try and get him to take me for a drive...

last night, in my quest to use things up.. i used up a 25.00 gc to a local place. spent 11.00 after 5.00 tip. for s upper for hubby and myself.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats Angela
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not a good start to the long weekend so far. Today was another total insane day, we were so busy, when I left work I had over 80 emails sent to me I had not even read.

My boss came to me and told me he is happy with my work but mentioned he spoke with my Dad yesterday about some things and my Dad mentioned he will be sitting down and talking to me.

Not sure what has happened but my sister started working for the company a month and a half ago and somehow she has leapfrogged me and is involved in all of the upper level stuff I have been working for years to be involved in. Guess the theory of me being the girl was wrong, my family can be a little old school.

I was also told they understand a lot is on me right now but there is also a lot of other things I need to be getting done. I was reminded we have a few new staff members who understanbly are not getting training. That was it, I was pretty much in tears. I made it home but when I got home, I fell apart. I am working 12 to 14 hour days and I am fully aware I am behind.

I just really honestly do not know what to do, this is the downside sometimes to working your family is it is impossible to not take it personally. Not to mention watching my younger siblings get ahead of me and it seems like I always seem to come up short.

It is hard, I know my boss is trying to push my career forward but it feels like it will not happen. It feels like I cannot win, I used to be told I was not involved because I was too close with staff and there were claims I told things I should not have, but I was also able to prove that was not me. Now I was told I am not expressive enough and there are concerns about me being involved at that level.

What can I say just a really big blow especially considering guess who gets to work all weekend.

Really trying to let this go but I keep tearing up as I sit here working. But oh well, tis life, better get back at it, I really have a lot to get done this week.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Congrats Angela you deserve it so much after all your efforts put in this job research!!!! Another person will take care of your daycare?
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Ok I think maxi and cie will be open on labour day because I saw no add at the entrance and in the flyer...interesting
    I did 2 loads of laundry,did purchase 2 others reutilisable masks(affraid of a 2 wave)...grr
    and now I will go take a long bath and relax yeah
    have a good evening and night everyone!!!!

My goal this month is to try to find coupons at the right time in the groceries I go....but they are french lol so difficulty to trade is there
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela congrats -you have waited so long .Enjoy your new job.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy- hugs. i am so sorry, your day sounds horrid. !!! hugs
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Congratulations!!! 🥳

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I accepted a full time teaching contract. It starts on Tuesday, with 3 days of meetings at the school division office. Then I can teach the rest of the school year from home. I’ll be teaching a Grade 7 online (using google Classroom) until the end of June.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information