User Tag List

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

So sorry. What’s sh*tty day.

I don’t know your family situation but it sounds like you’re not being treated at all fairly. Especially if you have siblings who been with the company less time than you and who are being promoted (even if it’s unofficial) while you are not. You obviously are VERY devoted to your job, and put a lot of energy and yourself into it. I can only imagine the hurt of that not being acknowledged.

If it was me, and it was any other job (not a family business) and I got treated like this I’d be looming at changing jobs ASAP. Working where you’re not appreciated or valued isn’t fair to your mental or physical wellbeing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Not a good start to the long weekend so far. Today was another total insane day, we were so busy, when I left work I had over 80 emails sent to me I had not even read.

My boss came to me and told me he is happy with my work but mentioned he spoke with my Dad yesterday about some things and my Dad mentioned he will be sitting down and talking to me.

Not sure what has happened but my sister started working for the company a month and a half ago and somehow she has leapfrogged me and is involved in all of the upper level stuff I have been working for years to be involved in. Guess the theory of me being the girl was wrong, my family can be a little old school.

I was also told they understand a lot is on me right now but there is also a lot of other things I need to be getting done. I was reminded we have a few new staff members who understanbly are not getting training. That was it, I was pretty much in tears. I made it home but when I got home, I fell apart. I am working 12 to 14 hour days and I am fully aware I am behind.

I just really honestly do not know what to do, this is the downside sometimes to working your family is it is impossible to not take it personally. Not to mention watching my younger siblings get ahead of me and it seems like I always seem to come up short.

It is hard, I know my boss is trying to push my career forward but it feels like it will not happen. It feels like I cannot win, I used to be told I was not involved because I was too close with staff and there were claims I told things I should not have, but I was also able to prove that was not me. Now I was told I am not expressive enough and there are concerns about me being involved at that level.

What can I say just a really big blow especially considering guess who gets to work all weekend.

Really trying to let this go but I keep tearing up as I sit here working. But oh well, tis life, better get back at it, I really have a lot to get done this week.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I accepted a full time teaching contract. It starts on Tuesday, with 3 days of meetings at the school division office. Then I can teach the rest of the school year from home. I’ll be teaching a Grade 7 online (using google Classroom) until the end of June.
    Congrats congrats congrats!!!
    I have been rooting for you in the background for years. I know how difficult positions are to get. I am happy happy happy for you! I am teaching grade 7 this year too.

I was catching up on posts eagerly hoping I would have the answer to all the suspense at the end!
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Interestingly enough, the other school division also wanted to hire me. They were disappointed that I accepted the other job. It can certainly be feast or famine in this profession. I have a lot of work to do in a short period of time.

Today is my wedding anniversary. Talk about an emotional roller coaster.

I will be gone for 3 days next week for training, as a result I’m going to miss out of some things...Ds’ first day of Grade 3, ds’ Birthday, and our twins’ first day of school.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Anniversary Angela
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Happy anniversary angela -enjoy the day .
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I accepted a full time teaching contract. It starts on Tuesday, with 3 days of meetings at the school division office. Then I can teach the rest of the school year from home. I’ll be teaching a Grade 7 online (using google Classroom) until the end of June.

Congrats @Angela273 on get the teaching job I am very happy for you.Happy Belated Anniversary to you and your DH
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Angela273 awesome news. I know you have worked hard and waited along time for full time.
    I have the 1.99 butter and Miss Vickie’s offer again. Not letting this one slip through my fingers. That’s likely it for groceries this weekend.
    plan to post more to give away and thin the basement. But will relax too.

@lilo0003 I was happy to get the eggs for $1.29 and the Lays chills for $1.49 will just buy the eggs
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy!!! I think the universe is on my side for coupons hunting!!!! I hope it is not a 1 time luck because normally I hit cleared tear pads....I think they put the coupons saturday morning...I will kept that in mine

Found
    Iogo tubs of packs 0,50$
    Iogo 1,50$ wub 2 harvest recolte
    Petit Quebec Cheese 3,00$ wub 2
    Cracker barrel Cheese 3,00$ wub2
    And my favorite because wm as them for 2$(laughing cow box cheese) 1$ laughing cow .babybel or cheese dipper.( remember the 1,50$ laughing cow coupons...that was fun and cheap cheese lol)

are these one are in french and i took the quantity I needed(they have a screw on the pads)

Iga have the buy 3 pom bread get 5$ off I bought it..great deal...but the bagels was not included

have an awesome day everyone,not too cold and sunny!!!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

was hoping the quiches at maxi will be on flashfood but they pass it in store and all I got was quiche at reg prize because no 30% sticker left
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Anniversary Angela

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

omg. grocery shopping is done.

so my plan... big shop every 2-4 weeks. small only fresh and needed shops at local place and good stuff at sdm. mine has milk , cream eggs bread.

this shop was big. but omg. so many great sales. freezer is full, pantry is full. 47 700 pc points, 9.50 in co51, 12.00 in coupons.
    i will need to fiddle withthe grocery budget . but this is going to be a very good thing. only thing i missed was parm cheese. i can get it later. no worries.
    i have a good sized pot of chili in the crockpot. i need to write out a good menu plan . no need to eat out at all. .. i still have 100.00 in gcs from uber nice place. and 70 in scene points. ubr nice we will use soon. the scene ones we will save for a bit.

i will be cashig out my co 51 . its at 34.75
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

The hardest part about being a teacher @Angela273 is missing out on some of your own kids' experiences for the sakes of other people's children.

We build extra memories in the summer. I have missed most bus send offs and the first days of school. I have had many a time where my phone is blowing up the first day of school about some disaster with my own child. I have been very thankful for the intentional relationships I have built in the school communities with other families. They have been there when I couldn't.

Once I dropped my baby at a mom's I barely knew so I could attend a JK orientation. I have had moms scoop up and rescue my kids when I couldn't be there. My husband has also been very flexible and wonderful. I know you will have it handled, but all that grief for giving up something great in exchange for something else great are valid and normal.

Happy Anniversary too. I am truly truly happy for you this year.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    omg. grocery shopping is done.

so my plan... big shop every 2-4 weeks. small only fresh and needed shops at local place and good stuff at sdm. mine has milk , cream eggs bread.

this shop was big. but omg. so many great sales. freezer is full, pantry is full. 47 700 pc points, 9.50 in co51, 12.00 in coupons.
    i will need to fiddle withthe grocery budget . but this is going to be a very good thing. only thing i missed was parm cheese. i can get it later. no worries.
    i have a good sized pot of chili in the crockpot. i need to write out a good menu plan . no need to eat out at all. .. i still have 100.00 in gcs from uber nice place. and 70 in scene points. ubr nice we will use soon. the scene ones we will save for a bit.

i will be cashig out my co 51 . its at 34.75
    Congrats on the deals. Good idea to stock the pantry in case there is a second wave and we go backwards and things get closed up again. Really like the back to school sales in the grocery stores: some good pantry deals this week.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening!!!! I tought because I saw it online that my maxi and cie is selling tims hortons iced coffee but it seems to be in case of 12 and at 2,88$ each x 12 =too much expensive for meand I wonder if the cartoon case are on the fresh coffee section ..will maybe see tomorrow...

I saw my aspirator was low in stock today at my store but cannot had make it to the store was too tired(bad sleep again grr) too much thinking so I hope to get it tomorrow

and laughing cow cheese 8 portions are 1,97$ so with my 1$ coupons I hope to get some tomorrow too (hope they are not cleared )

seems I want to make a 2 lists of grocery for things we dont need so much but are in sale...will see

alright time to catch up some posts and just relax

Have a wonderfull evening and night everyone!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Sep 5th, 2020 at 06:57 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I would like that the coupons become bilingual like mail out somedays the trades would be easier lol
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information