User Tag List

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oy!! @SassyAshley and @coupon girl we are three for three!
    We were all excited about having our eldest son join us for a late evening BBQ and laughs ( it has been so long since we have been able to see him...wah!! stupid Covid! )
    Well after I went and made some of his favourite things i get a call that work pulled a fast one on him and he is on call for the weekend!!
    I am so deflated.
    The rest of us will feast without him but there may be tears falling onto my plate knowing he is all alone and working.

I hope both of you work through your unexpected turn of events. Sigh...First World problems, I know.
    @walkonby I hope your BBQ went well even though I know how disappointed the family was that your older DS was not going to be there . I am happy that both my DDs are still living at home.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I would like to know is that just me or when I get a pm in here it dont pop up..like before it is annoying...
    Yes I am glad my trade worked!!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I would like to know is that just me or when I get a pm in here it dont pop up..like before it is annoying...
    Yes I am glad my trade worked!!!!

It not just you it’s happening to me also . Glad you got the trade to work
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

huge storm this am . dogs woke me at 430 , requesting a bit of mom time. ....... after it passed, i worked on my puzzle a bit then fell back asleep.

goals for the day...

laundry
    spotless the playrooms.
    ask youngest to cut my hair.

i need to get ready for my week.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Angela273 has inspired me to enter some local contests

I did one $500 share your local Daycation photo for a local radio station on FB
    I did another online contests that was shop local for $10,000 (location had to be on the list - Tim Horton's was) lol we all know about my Iced Capp love
    I did another local cash prize for a survey completion (I don't remember the location)

I am hoping some of your contest luck rubs off Angela. My attitude has been lately, I never win so why enter. BUT I can't win if I don't enter. Angela's winnings has inspired me so I am going to enter!

We had our house appraisal for cottage purchase and are now waiting to hear back from the bank. I am hoping we get to hear back soon. I am eager to hear how much our renovations have improved the value of our home and make a new investment/have a new project. I don't know if I mentioned but the cottage is seasonal and only an hour away in a campground setting. Ground upkeep is minimal and it is not far.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    huge storm this am . dogs woke me at 430 , requesting a bit of mom time. ....... after it passed, i worked on my puzzle a bit then fell back asleep.

goals for the day...

laundry
    spotless the playrooms.
    ask youngest to cut my hair.

i need to get ready for my week.
    I did hair cuts on all three girls yesterday. Fortunately for them. I am getting better.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Granger - my youngest did a couple of classes in her high school. she is actually very good at it. i have done my hubbies hair for years. and I did all my kids till they were about 15 or so . middle one does thier own hair...... they never did have patience for hair salons...lol
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I desperately need my hair cut but since they cannot take walk-ins right now (which I totally understand) with my schedule right now it is impossible to book ahead right now.

Mom said she would cut it but when I asked her to do it last weekend she told me she needed to go put more thought into where in the house we could do this for easy clean up. She then told me to just go ahead and braid it. Right now my hair lives in a braid or a messy bun as there is too much of it for my patients right now.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Flemeth, thank you for comments and actually it gave me a little chuckle only because me and my sister are also 9 years apart, I am the oldest she is the baby of the family.

I would not say that Dad favours any of us but my Dad's side can be very old school German. Growing up it was very much, the husband goes to work and runs the business and the wife takes care of the home. It was the Opa and Oma did it and Dad and my Step-Mom which made it hard for me as I did feel like the outsider.

Even as we grew up, we were encourage that we could do whatever we wanted and although none of us were forced to work for family company it was kind of unspoken that the girls would not be the ones to take over the company it would be the boys. When I started working there I think everyone thought I was just there until I found a husband got married and settled down. Slowly over the years I have worked my way up but it has been harder for me, I do feel I have to work about 50 times harder than boys and generally I have to ask to be included where is the boys are just included.

As I have said it is complicated and I think what makes it more complicated is that Dad and I do not have a strong relationship. He is always there for me, he even offered when I was having panic attacks that I could move in with them and live in their basement where my only responsibility would be working and taking care of myself and pitching in where I could. I never really made up my mind on this and then Covid hit.

I don't know, it is what it is and honestly I think I need to for the time being try to put it out of my mind and just deal with what is front of me right now. Originally they were talking about me leaving the branch I am in the week of the 21st but it looks like that plan is now falling apart so we shall see.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!! Tired I am just tired My sleep is still not good ...
    I vaccumed the whole appart this afternoon ,father help me a little bit because I wanted to get this done today .
    Love my aspirator!!!!
    Dad washed the dishes..very appreciate that
    But I notice the more I do cleaning since this summer and before...the more still have to be done...
    Next week goal is to wash all the floors ,and purging stuff again
    I am debatting if I should buy a swiffer or do it with a mop...will see the price at maxi and cie tomorrow
    For now I will just have a smootie for supper ,to tired to cook...talk about a change of plan lol
    JUst need the adress of my trade and it will be a go for mailing tomorrow
    I think he did not see my pm because the pop up problem..
    OK have a good evening and night everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Sep 7th, 2020 at 05:54 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, I did not get much done today but I am good with it.

Today became a PJ's on the Couch, Binge Watch Netflix and do some work kind of day. The good news is there was something I have been putting off working on because I knew it was going to be a ton of complicated work. Got that done today so that is off my list.

I desperately need to go grocery shopping but I am worried with it being a short week it is going to be even more insane this week.

I went to check my veggies today and discovered I had a potato that went bad and some of them were getting soft so we used half for dinner and the other half have been cooked up in the Instant Pot for later use. I love cooking side dishes in the Instant Pot as I do not have to babysit them, especially Potatoes, no more boil over on the stove. We have enough potatoes to get through this week but we will be out for next week.

Also one of my heads of lettuce was starting to mold so those have all been chopped up, washed and will be used this week.

I forgot to mention yesterday, when I was cleaning up I also pulled apart our loveseat and vacuumed it all down.

Alright, think it is time to relax before bed, I am super tired, I did not sleep well last, I kept waking up thinking I forgot something.

Have a great night everyone

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

still waiting on my atelier cologne sample from topbox...I hope to get this one,...no confirmation email for me
    https://topboxcircle.com/pages/2020/...3cVix0khDeZ2gM

giorgio armani my way perfume sample!(over now)
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Sep 8th, 2020 at 10:29 AM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I met up with some new friends (post Covid moms group) in real life today. We did zoom chats through the worst of the lockdown and we have a FB messenger chat group going so it was nice to meet for real. Crazy weather wise but the rain held off long enough to sit on the patio at Starbucks. Did some more purging too and harvested and froze some kale for winter. I find I have to do it in small batches or I get overwhelmed at the end of the season. I also have a whole lot of tomatoes that have ripened all at once so the older son and I will make some sauce this week. I don’t can so we will just freeze it but it’s like a burst of summer when we use it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Rainy day here. May as well be working.

As of today DS's 1st day back is next Monday. We are ready just nice to not have to rush this week with it. Sunday I will cook up chicken breasts so it is ready for the wraps I will make him for his lunch
    I will make a roast with all the fixings for dinner on Sunday too. A great start to the school/Fall season

Selling our crap- I have so many messages. So much interest this weekend but I wasn't rushing home for someone to just not show up even when I do porch pick up. Today I put the most popular item (kids Roots hoody) on the porch and have arranged pickup at noon today.
    Tonight I will delete all my adds and start fresh.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My internet promo ended in August.

I was paying $59.99 plus tax.
    The letter they sent me told me my new cost would be $79.99 plus tax.
    I just called in to ask for promos. She said she couldn't do better then what they offered me in the letter. Said ok then I would like to cancel
    Cancel guy offered same internet package for $44.99 plus tax Deal!
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information