User Tag List

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to the mall and returned $80 worth of old navy and gap items
    Then popped into body shop and used my 10.00 birthday and 10.00 in points so 20.00 off a 22.00 item -nice
    Then lush to get a gift for cara,s sensitive skin for her birthday ,then treated myself to a hair bar of shampoo for my itcy scalp come fall ,will see if i like this bar or not.

Then popped into rexall for my pills and it was seniors day -a few good deals i got
    (2) large refill softsoap clear half off 2.27 each in the clearance section
    watkins hand creme 6.27-i paid 3.27
    (2) cepecol lozenges 2.56 each after 50% off
    (4) jugs of natures bubble bath 3.67-2.00 sticker=1.67
    clinderm gift set reg 20.00 marked down to 15.00 i paid 11.00 for soothing creme and micllewater
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! Yeah kind of a boring day in qc too talking of temperature ....cold ,rainy and windy.Decided yesterday evening to writhe my grocery list and my to do list on word and just printed...It is so much easy this way!!!! And more relax.will do that now for grocery shopping.Need to wash my cakes mould I find at dollorama so happy it was not a crazy price!!!!But I did not find the bundt one so might check maxi and cie or wm and pay a little bit more..or any ideas where I can find this cake mould bundt???
    Will post my deals after supper and I am sad I did not find the news tearpads coupons yet in QC....
    Need to print my 2 apples natasha kitchen recepies too before I forget lol
    Checked the upcoming flyers a few deals to make
    Have an awesome evening and night everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Sep 29th, 2020 at 05:51 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did not saw sdm qc(pharmaprix) ,gt(tigre geant) and metro flyer in reebee...maybe tomorrow
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I posted 7 more items on kijiji for my daughter-in-law some toys -lets hope they go ,they are like new .

Cooked bbq chicken ,mashed poatoes and steamed broccoli and green beans
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

all my english magazines subscriptions with recycle bank where cancelled way before the end of theirs subscriptions.....7 magazines.......I know this''' freebie'' of changing our adress was too good to be true into long term......was good until it lasted I think 1 year.....
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Angela273 Interesting about the speech referral. In Ontario once school aged, students must be serviced through school unless you choose private therapy. We are paying $144 once a week for our oldest for social skills through a SLP (Speech Language Pathologist). Ours is covered under benefits (which you might not have access too). Fortunately this was another service we bridged over the September benefit year start to capitalize on funds.

We received our OAP funds for our daughter with Autism. We will start 1:1 therapy in the new year.

Home equity line of credit was quoted at 3 weeks initially...now we are being told they should have told us three months. So we are increasing our regular line of credit and proceeding with the cottage purchase and renovations. We will transfer to the home equity line of credit once it is approved. We have budgeted funds to put toward paying these investments off as quickly as possible. Hubby has been making money with his side gig (3D printer) so we have that income.

I have my fingers crossed that I can go to the cottage for Thanksgiving weekend. We will see. We don't know how long the transfer will take, but it is not like a home purchase as it is a land lease cottage.
    Last edited by Granger; Tue, Sep 29th, 2020 at 11:22 PM.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am waiting on a possible trade of much needed cat food coupons and others ones if the other person pass..she is not been connected since at least 3 months and I doubt she will be..hope that will work and will get a response cat food is so expensive...
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Sep 30th, 2020 at 09:12 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Friendly reminder for tomorrow dont forget to push yours pc offers if you have good ones you will not use...Already did mine as I dont go shopping for those things tomorrow....saved nescafe coffee as dad want some soon if any sale,frozen seafoods products,1600 poc points in deli department because it work on deli chicken and quiches and gadoua bread 800 pc points per 4$ work on all breads and tortillas I.wanted the sour cream nn 400 pc points too but we are only allowed to save 4 offers... Hope to get good offers next week
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Sep 30th, 2020 at 01:16 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    @Angela273 Interesting about the speech referral. In Ontario once school aged, students must be serviced through school unless you choose private therapy. We are paying $144 once a week for our oldest for social skills through a SLP (Speech Language Pathologist). Ours is covered under benefits (which you might not have access too). Fortunately this was another service we bridged over the September benefit year start to capitalize on funds.

We received our OAP funds for our daughter with Autism. We will start 1:1 therapy in the new year.

Home equity line of credit was quoted at 3 weeks initially...now we are being told they should have told us three months. So we are increasing our regular line of credit and proceeding with the cottage purchase and renovations. We will transfer to the home equity line of credit once it is approved. We have budgeted funds to put toward paying these investments off as quickly as possible. Hubby has been making money with his side gig (3D printer) so we have that income.

I have my fingers crossed that I can go to the cottage for Thanksgiving weekend. We will see. We don't know how long the transfer will take, but it is not like a home purchase as it is a land lease cottage.
    I started the process Sept 13th (Equity Home Line of credit) It was supposed to be registered yesterday. Still waiting for confirmation. It started all good and fast and now the waiting game. And the property I was planning on making an offer on has been taken off the market but they will entertain "good" offers lol. It was already priced too high. That's ok, I will be ready when they need to sell
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and happy hump day! My pile at work is getting smaller. My desk looked like a bomb went off yesterday but I got so much done. Power through it all today. Then I need to take a look at the calendar and plan how to use almost 5 weeks of vacation before the end of the year.....but can't go on a trip when they are teasing me. Cancun 4 star 7 days all inclusive $488 per person departs Monday! I so want to go
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning!!!! I received metro and wal mart in my flyer bundle ;first time in age lol!!! Happy hope it will be this way each week and maybe next week I will have gt flyer too lol?
    I decided to install another flyers app on dad cellphone because right gt flyer is not in reebee and they have a good sale on yogurt (have coupons) and nescafe(saved a good pc offer) so I can pm..just need the maxi and cie wifi I think

Wanted to pm the dr oekter signature strawberries cheesecake but they dont carry it at maxi and cie so might go directly to gt or wm lol

I saw a bundt mould at wm online availaible on store for 9$ pitsburry ones...it will do the job may go to wm to purchase it and purchase some giftcards for trading or use purpose
    Canadian tire sale bundt mould for 29$ ..wow

Had a decent night of sleep that feel great

Rainy and cold day so for supper confort food: Lous BBQ back ribs and mccain patatoes wedges with brownies

Have a great day everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Sep 30th, 2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A few yesterday's deals I made
    Dollorama:
    -Springform mould @4,00$(betty crocker one)...( so much cheaper for what I need then wm or canadian tire crazy price)
    -2 baking pans @3,50$(betty crocker too) again so much cheaper
    -Big plastic blue fruits bowl@2,00$

IGA (QC);
    Green grapes seedless @1,24$ lb
    Red grapes seedless±1,24$ lb
    Bartlet Pears@0,94$ lb (so good deal)
    Mccintosh apples @0,94$ lb
    2x oasis good morning mango passion fruits smootie 1,39l bottles@3,99$ minus 2 x 1,00$ coupon that was about to expire=2,99$ I am now well stocked in smooties and they have a december expiry
    Double fruits strawberry jam 2,99$

Maxi and cie (QC):
    Planters cashews boxes x3 pm provigo @3,99$ (yeah 0,51$ cheaper than this week maxi sale,it add up)
    Diet pepsi 24 cases @7,49$(sadly no pc offer)
    Lactancia Butter @2,99$
    Philadelphia cream cheese the big container @3,77$ x2 pm super c(same price for the small one at maxi ahahah)
    Patatoes 10 lbs @1,63$
    Bifteck steak @7,65$ minus 30%(-2,30$) so 5,35$ and it is a big one
    Lous back ribs bbq@7,98$(would have been 1$ cheaper if the darn coupon printed grr)
    10 per pack croissants @3,00$ (6 croissant where 3,58$) lol
    Paysan sliced black forest smoked ham big packages x2 @6,48$(they where 1$ cheaper last month with sale)
    Mccain patatoes wedges @@3,78$ minus 1,00$ coupon=2,78$(expensive but not sure if they will be on sale next week at 2$ with the fries)
    and a couple of granny smith apples for a cake apples recepie
    I did not pm metro 2,88$ lb ground beef famiiial package because same price at maxi next week
    wanted super c 3,49$ lbs famillial package of pork tenderlion but no place in the freezer for now

Super C QC
    selection merite 30 larges eggs@4,77$

happy shopping!!!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good Morning and happy hump day! My pile at work is getting smaller. My desk looked like a bomb went off yesterday but I got so much done. Power through it all today. Then I need to take a look at the calendar and plan how to use almost 5 weeks of vacation before the end of the year.....but can't go on a trip when they are teasing me. Cancun 4 star 7 days all inclusive $488 per person departs Monday! I so want to go
    What is the likelihood that Canada will relax the quarantine rule of 14 days from international travel by late October? That could use 3 of your vacation weeks if you planned on 7 days away in the sun.
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday was the last day of a three-day private sale of 30% off housewares (and bagged wall items and more) at Value Village. I went in to look at stationery items, art/craft items (was seeking square small paint brushes but only saw two donated art kits that originally came with one brush and told myself that one brush if still inside, would not be the right shape). Anyhow, I found a Targus laptop desk (metal top/light padded bottom with usb cooling fan) for $3.99 and a plastic coin sorting tray (Home Hardware's Plastic Bank with contoured areas that would fit plastic coin wrappers)-perfect for sorting coins or Lego Dot pieces. After discount and with taxes, I paid $4.75. I really liked this particular offer as the bagged wall items and stationery are seldom included in the usual store sale offers.

I found a nickel in one parking lot yesterday (since I came with friend, I put the coin in her change area) and a dime on my afternoon walk by the road. Donated a food chopper and some sewing patterns that got no attention or were last used years ago to Value Village and collected a 20% off coupon.

The September Moneysaver flyer came in with the unaddressed admail yesterday. Only coupons for local eateries or services.

If you still have the Quaker Buy 4 and Get 1 Free coupon offer (from Coupon Zone boards), the deal expires on MON. Oct. 5!

The 150 garlic cloves got planted on Saturday and I scattered some old radish seeds nearby (2006 purchase) to see if anything grows in the next month. Harvest Moon is set for tomorrow! I totally understand why gardeners buy sets of onions or garlic cloves now-I spent 20min at a time separating garlic cloves from the big heads and smaller heads and discovered some bulbs were mostly good but the odd clove was dried out, went crystallized or had rot. I should have done the separation a day ahead of time, but that day, I had done some weeding/soil turning and body said forget any more. Actually, the smaller bulbs had the right colour of cloves/paper covering and the larger heads had tan coloured papery covering-most interiors were fine. I know that means the soil needed either more watering or necessary soil amendment (which I did not do). Should I take the bag of sheep manure still not used in the flower bed to add to the soil surface covering my cloves in the ground?
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I had a delivery come on Monday-new umbrella, one container of wipes and fruit box. Rest of stuff out of stock and I got indication it was on back order. I did not get a reply to my e-mail asking since when is the backorder in effect (usually the refund comes for out of stock items 3 days later).

Today, while I was removing some USB files off the memory key, I read my e-mails and noticed my shoes from Marks.com have arrived for pickup at local store! Will pick them up after my online time is done!

Hudson's Bay has up to 35% off selected women's clothing TODAY online and in-store. The items I looked at yesterday for Mom are not discounted but I will still look at the sale items to see if anything falls in the range of things Mom needs for wardrobe. She gave ok to buy a top but I'd like to see if there's a cardigan that might be agreeable. Hard to do when Bro is home-I cannot obviously go online with him around.

I got a second pair of shoes online via friend yesterday. So I have footwear for the cold season. I will use my current daily pair for another week of yardwork, save the laces and toss the shoes into next week's garbage collection.

With that rain Monday night, I was thrilled I had made the effort to check the eaves on Saturday. Minimal debris but one opening needed some spruce needles removed. Oak leaves seem to like settling in the eaves as well...

The only upside of watching last night's Cleveland debate between Trump and Biden was that there was another show on at the same time that I wanted to watch more so I kept flipping channels to check in on the debate. Moderator was having to constantly tell Trump to follow the speaking time rules but Trump always interrupted.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Sep 30th, 2020 at 01:54 PM.
    cath007 likes this.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread Information