User Tag List

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I completely agree. Sharing coupon and deal finds are extremely helpful to the community as a whole. We help inspire each other to continue to be frugal in our ways. I have already saved about $30 since returning to SC from people's great ideas and suggestions.
    re clearing shelves and coupon tear pads, it's a shame that is happening in your stores. There used to be a lot of that happening back in the extreme couponing days. One way that people combatted people hoarding coupons was by refusing to trade with people who had coupons in large numbers or for sale on ebay. Thank you to all for sharing your frugal ideas and savings updates!

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I think its great if people post coupons or brags ,as we are all here to be frugal in this forum and it gives us a look at whats out there .I may miss a deal but then read about it in the brags ,so it can be informative.

I have had lovely people on smart canucks ,just roak me coupons sometimes ,so it is a great community to be in.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

popped over to sobeys today

2 cherrios on sale 2.99 plus 25 airmiles each i got
    nabob coffee pods 30's 19.99-50%=9.99 plus 20 airmiles(awesome deal)
    siggis yogurt 3.99-1.00 checkout51=2.99
    (2) granola bars nature valley 3.00plus 30 airmiles
    potatoes 1.88
    pillars ham 6.99-i spent $113 and i got 110 airmiles plus the 150 airmiles from buying the giftcard plus my personal offer of 50 airmiles=280 airmiles

then on to shoppers i got my 4 -no name paper towels for 2.99 each with a raincheck
    jiff peanut butter 4.99-1.00 checkout51=3.99

I went right at 8.00 a.m as not many people in the store then .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Oct 3rd, 2020 at 12:53 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Congrats on the job johnb

Halloween  - local Autism services hosting a virtual party that comes complete with a free kit to participate. As we are now registered with them we get to participate. If we do nothing else, I’m happy.

We need to replace cistern. Have a plan for that. Our cottage purchase closes this week. 
    Congratulations on the cottage purchase, @Granger !
    Giseledta, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

congrats on the job john

and congrats on the cottage purchase granger
    Giseledta, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday, the grass got its overdue cutting (missed last week) as the rains this week have made brown areas a bit greener. Had fun mowing over the fallen leaves a few times, even during light rain. Just in time as late afternoon, the rain was harder! I had some raking to do in order to get most of the fine branches that came down with a big branch plus remove acidic tree leaves that I did not want to mow over when I went to cut grass. Still have some yard waste bags left but am uncertain if we'll need more for November as leaves don't just stick to October as a time to fall down. Plus there are branches to trim still...

Walked to bank-no refund yet in account. But saw e-mail that one item in order is getting refunded, so that's welcome news. Got October issue of Snapd Hamilton free paper to read at home.

The heat was turned on yesterday after some electrical matter was resolved by Bro (he may have fixed a longstanding light issue in living room). Mom had the oven on for something she baked-the heat was divine, as was the warmth from the dryer. I did turn the thermostat down to usual setting as I told Mom we should not be keen to have the heat on except overnight (which helps with laundry hanging on the lines downstairs) due to the cost of everything nowadays. Gas monthly billing is now $101. Last month, Mom had $2 and change to pay Gas supplier (no credit as usual due to the cost of utilities now adding carbon tax). Let's hope that gas supplier does not yank equal billing amount to a higher sum next month nor in March!

THis morning, I went to Food Basics for the 2 for $5 pop deal. I have the $1.99 Pc Optimum offer for pop this weekend (limit 2) but local store has not much variety except for colas (reg/diet) and ginger ale. I craved orange Crush and 7up so went to Food Basics.

Read online that an Ancaster resident won big on the All-In portion of Poker Lotto. $160K+. My kind of dream when I do elect to pay the extra $1 to play All-In on top of card cost.

Next week, Hamilton Public Library will be open on Mondays and start with 10am openings at most branches. So excited! Check your area library system for October changes in hours and any programming offers as well.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have not noticed much this week in terms of new coupons in grocery stores. I rather expect a coupon insert to show up say next week in the mail or community newspaper.

Sometimes when I scan the flyers, I know which store flyer I am looking at but my brain is not registering anything past the first page. At least the Longo's flyer came this week-so I will visit the store for specials!

I am eating 4-5 servings of fruit daily due to the fruit box order. The apples are a bit overripe (that soft brown thing) but the red grapes and green pears are consumed quickly as well as the bananas. Have some thick-skinned oranges to enjoy over the weekend. I used up 4 rubbery languishing small carrots this morning as a snack from the crisper while waiting for my Lipton's chicken noodle soup to cook on the stove for breakfast. I may wash and chop the bag of carrots (not mine but stuff gets forgotten) and also the bag of celery, as sticks move faster than unwashed/unpeeled produce.

Noticed that a couple of spice jars are getting empty-must add those items to the next grocery list.

I want a chiffon cake for tea tonight. Or a quick loaf. Feels chilly enough to bake and to make the effort.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Ever have one of those days where everything just seem to take longer than it should? That has been my day, it start off well until I went to do my veggie prep and then everything seem to just slow right down.

It seemed like getting the Turkey Chili in the Slow Cooker went pretty well, no delay there other than me playing with spices. I combined 2 recipes, one I found for Turkey Chili and one I found for Turkey & Sweet Potato Chili.

The when I got the Pasta Sauce it seem like everything slowed down and it took my longer than expected to get it in the other Slow Cooker. Also turns out I got a little over ambitious and could not fit it all in the Slow Cooker, so I have half in the slow cooker now, when it is done I will wash the slow cooker and put the second half in the liner tonight and leave in the fridge to be turned on in the morning.

I think we will have a late lunch early dinner and will have the Turkey Sweet Potato Chili so I have put some Cornbread in the Oven.

I also cleaned out the fridge not much to go although not impressed with my cucumbers they were starting to get soft spots so I have peeled them and saved what I could. Garbage and Recycling has been taken out and I think I am done for the day. My back is starting to hurt so I think it is time to switch to work so I can sit on the couch and hopefully not push my back. Last weekend I pushed a little too hard and Sunday was hard to get much done so I do not want to repeat this weekend.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hope everyone is having a good day. I've had a productive day with a focus on catching up with coupon sources/printables, sending email requests etc. My printer is SO old that I have to restart my wifi on it even after printing a test page. oh well, I'm having lots of fun and slowly stocking up on coupons.
    With all of the printables, I may have to go get a binder and clear insert sheets to store them. I used to use an old business card holder for the old save.ca and websaver mail outs which were much smaller.
    I also practiced ukelele and discussed ways that we could potentially perform Christmas carols on zoom or something in our group
    I was hoping to make homemade bits and bites but I think I'll wait and make them tomorrow.
    Just left over chili tonight, we may go for comfort food and make chili fries instead
    Adding $9.02 to my kayak fund. I owed someone for 2 jars of peanuts and they told me to put it towards my kayak fund instead... Hooray!
    Have a wonderful evening!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon and happy saturday everyone!!!!
    I wanted to print normal smartsource coupons and all my applications are fine but it dont work...before it was just for hidden coupons it was not working...so silly...(wanted the 1,50$ cascade fluff toilet paper,and the 1,00$ cavendish farms and all day breakfest 1,00$ patato coupon ...) My dad portable computer was able to print me 2 cascade and 2 cavendish with chrome but that it...so odd

Weather channel said qc could have snow without 2 weeks...not looking forward that...

One of my childhood friend send me a fb message but I wont reply...it is like she remember me 2 time a year I exist...no way..

Supper is dr oekter momento spinach pizza and a ceasar salad..easy peasy
    Sorted the change in my purse I have 80$ ,,,so that will go into a emergency fund.
    Chilly but lovely day here in qc!!!
    Have a wonderful evening everyone!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.
    spent 3 hours cleaning teh black walnuts off the front lawn. i dislike the black walnuts but it is done forthe year.

fyi - foodland gr store has ham on sale for 1.77 lb. i have 2 in the freezer and 1 in the fridge. i may go back and get 1 more.... 1.77 lb...

tomorrow i am going to sdm , 20x points.
    and cleaning the house.

i made a nice roast beef for supper, with carrots. and potatoes. so yummy.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Turkey & Sweet Potato Chili was a success, kind of??

Mom liked it but didn't like the Sweet Potatoes, I like it but liked the Sweet Potatoes so we decided to meet in the middle, next time I make it I will use half the amount of Sweet Potato I used this time.

First batch of Pasta Sauce is done and in the fridge OH MY it is so good. I could not fit the Slow Cooker liner in the fridge so I will need to dump everything together in the morning and turn it on. Although I just realized I chopped the rest of the veggies and put them in the fridge but I forgot to chop the Onion so I will need to do that in the morning.

Been looking up new recipes online, trying to get some new ideas but with the change in weather I am all about the Soups, Stews and Chilis right now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Hope everyone is having a good day. I've had a productive day with a focus on catching up with coupon sources/printables, sending email requests etc. My printer is SO old that I have to restart my wifi on it even after printing a test page. oh well, I'm having lots of fun and slowly stocking up on coupons.
    With all of the printables, I may have to go get a binder and clear insert sheets to store them. I used to use an old business card holder for the old save.ca and websaver mail outs which were much smaller.
    I also practiced ukelele and discussed ways that we could potentially perform Christmas carols on zoom or something in our group
    I was hoping to make homemade bits and bites but I think I'll wait and make them tomorrow.
    Just left over chili tonight, we may go for comfort food and make chili fries instead
    Adding $9.02 to my kayak fund. I owed someone for 2 jars of peanuts and they told me to put it towards my kayak fund instead... Hooray!
    Have a wonderful evening!
    Can you tell witch compagnies you e-mailed for coupons?Thank you!!!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Sass SYASHLEY my MIL made a chili last week with sweet potatoes and vegetarian beef and it was actually really good. I wasn't expecting to like it lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Cathy i am looking for coupoms for you. Picked some up at an out of town Zehrs tonight. Will look tomorrow too and mail to you Monday or Tuesday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama did you find the Robin Hood flour coupon by any chance if so please let me know which store TIA

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information