User Tag List

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IF you are in QC dont go to IGA they hate coupons....they will start to lost my business...I have no pity for rude cashier
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

No easy Butternut Squash Soup here, our is quite complicated but oh so good and has quite a few spices in it.

Soup can be stored many ways, if we are using for lunches it goes in plastic containers, if we are freezing it goes in Sealer or Ziploc Bag so they can be frozen flat to maximize freezer space

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Does Someone know a good easy not to much ingrediants soup recepie for butternut squash.I want to make one but on the web they are too many.And also in what I can store the soup if I dont have masson bernardin jars(crap I put those I had in recycling last summer because i thought i would not using those...stupid me lol)??PLastic container maybe? thanks for the advises and tips !!!
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh what a long week. I was hoping to sleep in today but nope wide awake just before 6, I stayed in bed hoping to fall back asleep which I did, when I woke up realized that was a bad idea. Good news is no headache, normally if I force myself back to sleep I end up with a massive headache but I am so tired all I want to do is sleep.

Our family Thanksgiving is cancelled but work bought everyone lunch yesterday so that was kind of our Thanksgiving and we all took a bit of an extended lunch and got to socialize a little bit. Does not replace family Thanksgiving but it was a nice lunch.

I went to No Frills Thursday night after work to grab a couple of Roasts which they have one sale, was happy to find half a bunker full, sometimes with meat sales it and hit and miss if you go after work if they will have any. I have about 6 Roasts on hand right now, I would like a few more but Freezer space is at a premium right now so it is what it is. Realistically, before I put anymore Roasts in the freezers I really would like to find some space for a couple whole chickens, we have started cooking our Whole Chickens in the Slow Cooker and oh my they come out amazing they are so moist.

At No Frills I got:
    3 x Roasts (each were about $10)
    4 x Velotine (We use this to thicken everything instead of flour so I am stocking for Winter as I had a PC Offer)
    1 x White Kidney Beans
    1 x Chickpeas
    **These were dried beans, normally we do not buy a lot of beans but we have been using more in our cooking and I have heard dry are cheaper than canned (we normally buy canned) so I grabbed these and will try cooking them in my Instant Pot. Each bag was just under $4, we will see how this goes
    1 x Acorn Square
    1 x Butternut Squash
    1 x Spaghetti Squash
    **Even though these were on sale wow they added to my bill, there weight added up quickly, I kind of kicked myself as they had Butternut Squash at Costco and I was like oh I can get that cheaper on sale, nope should have grabbed at Costco, oh well I know for next time. We do love Acorn Squash but the Butternut is usually a treat we turn into soup and Spaghetti we don't buy really but I really am trying to get new dishes into our diet so my plan is not to make Soup with the Butternut Squash but use it in a different way.
    1 x Imperfect Peppers (These were on sale and instead of having 6 large peppers they bags had 8 to 10 smaller peppers, they are sold by the weight and I liked the idea of the smaller peppers so I can make stuffed peppers)
    1 x Buttermilk (On sale and Mom likes it for baking, I am not really a fan)
    1 x Halls (I have been using these when I train as between wearing a mask and constantly talking my throat hurts at the end of the day)
    1 x Blistex 2-pack (Wearing a mask all day makes my lips so dry)

I spent just over $70 which was way more than I had wanted but I am happy with my shop. It will be interesting to see with the dry beans I have read I think it is 1/2 cup dry = 1 can so if that is the case these should last us a while and save us money as we normally buy beans when they are on sale for a $1/can. Plus the squash was a bit shocking to see how heavy they were but I know now next time grab at Costco.

Plans for the weekend are well these is no plan yet, I do have some work I need to get done and there is quite a bit to be done around the house but I am going to play it by ear and how I am feeling. Work is kicking my butt we are so insanely busy and short staffed so I will see how I feel and from there,

Hoping everyone has a great long weekend.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Oct 10th, 2020 at 09:23 AM.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -just posted 2 more of my tops in total i have 7 tops posted -sold one for 4.00 .Now i listed all my tops as 3.00 which is cheap we will see if they go .

If anyone wants to get a good deal nivea 2 pack is on sale at shoppers (buy 1 get 1 free) so a 2 pkg will got you 2.74 or or 1.38 each ,yes my lips get dry also with the mask .
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! I started watching a SCers post on shopping at Dollarama and ended up watching a couple of posts made by a person who shops for deals at Walmart. They are in the US but some of the tips were invaluable to me. I have several apps on my phone ie. Walmart, Amazon.ca, Metro and had NO CLUE that they have a scanning icon on their apps. I just spent some time running around my kitchen scanning items we normally buy. For me, this is super handy even though, I couldn't find a separate my store price versus walmart.ca on the Walmart app. I've included 2 videos. One is on extreme couponing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byPTe9EUPtQ
    and one is on scanning clearance items at Walmart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEs0...ZW9L-&index=74 (she did pick up a couple of odd things tho)
    I honestly can't wait to try scanning clearance items at Walmart now and see if that my smartphone shows clearance items correctly. Certainly a lot easier than standing in front of a price scanner with a cart full of items.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by crafter; Sat, Oct 10th, 2020 at 11:12 AM. Reason: clarification
    JadeAngel, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!
    I have been puttering around in the basement/laundry room since i dropped DS off at work. I have got so much dome and have posted stuff for sale as i go. So far 3 pick ups arranged! And found a stocking stuffer for oldest Ds so will put it in the Christmas bin.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    IGA (QC)
    Tradition bottle of sparkling juice (apple and cranberry) @3,99$ x3 (I believe those sell at least double price when not in sale) in the flyer was 4,99$ online 3,99$ so in the store was 3,99$
    those will be a nice treat for the thanksgiving long week end!!!!
    The only place I know of that sells any Tradition juice products is Farm Boy but I don't know of this sparkling juice. Sounds like a fun drink to have!
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Had my 2nd sale of the day for $10. New ziploc containers i probably paid the tax on after Christmas clearance and coupons. I will never use so time to go! Figure the best way to start organizing is to get rid of stuff so ive been posting as i sort stuff on the shelves.

I rarely buy lotto tickets or scrach tickets. Last weekend my guy had a gig out of town so i went walking around and went to a convenience store and bought a bunch of tickets and added a cash for life to make it an even $20. Won $20 on the cash for life so the tickets were free. Just checked the lotto max and won $20. Im on a roll!
    Congrats on the Lotto Max win! My friend had the same result for second week in a row (she credits a certain face mask she wears when buying her tickets in a different store than usual).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 I found a butternut squash soup with a short list of ingredients on Martha Stewart's site: https://www.marthastewart.com/312415...ut-squash-soup

There's also an Easy Butternut Squash Soup recipe: https://www.marthastewart.com/318344...ut-squash-soup

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @cath007 I found a butternut squash soup with a short list of ingredients on Martha Stewart's site: https://www.marthastewart.com/312415...ut-squash-soup

There's also an Easy Butternut Squash Soup recipe: https://www.marthastewart.com/318344...ut-squash-soup
    @Ciel :wow thank you so much,I appreciate it !!!! Have a good thanksgiving and a happy long week end!!! Enjoy it!!! In QC,gorgeous temperature of 20 degre feel like summer hope it is the same for you!!!!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    No easy Butternut Squash Soup here, our is quite complicated but oh so good and has quite a few spices in it.

Soup can be stored many ways, if we are using for lunches it goes in plastic containers, if we are freezing it goes in Sealer or Ziploc Bag so they can be frozen flat to maximize freezer space
    @SassyAshley Thanks for the input and the tips!!! I appreciate it !!!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Am at the library today because I wanted to ensure I could see a livestreamed funeral for an acquaintance. I was not sure if Bro was coming back early from somewhere or not, so decided to attend the library and watch the 30min service and 15min later, see the procession leave the funeral home.

No rain yet in Ancaster but sky is suggesting a change soon as clouds and sky are becoming a watery blur. Mr. Wind is brisk today. The Panzeroli wagon is selling panzeroli for the second day at the Ancaster Fairgrounds-check out the Fair's Facebook page for menu/prices if you are interested! I plan to rake some leaves in one spot to curtail their ambitious spread across the backyard this afternoon. Mom has laundry drying on the line. I believe she will finish touchups in the living room, as last night most of the painting supplies were put away.

Mom asked me last night about when I intend to serve the Festive turkey pie and loaf-I said Sunday as it will be a cool day and perfect for brewing tea to have with the loaf. I intend to see what else can be found in the freezer (well, aside from the frozen cauliflower pieces and mixed veggies) and pantry to make a couple of side dishes to go with the two items.

Photo fans of the Weather Network-there is a fall photo contest for a $50 Amazon.ca card. Ends tomorrow-see TWN site for details.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have a private sale invitation to Value Village for 50% off jeans, pants and active pants (second day is today). Not likely to use the offer as I have two pairs of pants waiting on me to give them 20 minutes to do what's needed so I can wear them.
    @cath007 I printed off one of the soups for me to try another time plus I found a very long soup recipe for Curried Butternut Squash on Ricardo Cuisine site (also for another time as I love using medium or mild curry spice in fall soups or lentil stew). Appreciated learning about that sparkling drink!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I never go to Pharmaprix(QC) sdm BUT I saw this morning that I have an offer to load 20x the points wub 50$ or more...So I purchased 75 ml Lacoste red bottle perfume LA PLAY(his favorite perfume,he was on the last bit of his other bottle) so I made 30 000 pc points and but the perfume costed me ...74$ .. I never go to SDM but with this offer why purchase it at Pharmacie Jean Coutu when I could make points
    The only thing that bother me was my father is a senior and was with me because I am the one who was paying the cashier did not want to give the 10% off discount..so technically I lost 10$..my bill was 100$(purchased others things) so frustrating
    I did ask for samples of perfumes my father got 3 and I got 1 azzaro wanted girl

Passed my fpc coupon for the free razor skinguard +1 cartrige so 14,99$=free(e-mailed then when they did the gillette promo and did not receive my razor)
    2 x Nutrilait 1 l chocolate milk limit of 2 ..why they put limit of 2....???@1,29$ each
    4 x Christies Crackers @1,99$(limit of 4 )
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Think im done in the basement for today. Happy to fmd 3 cans of new paint ready to be tinted! Will be for the basement reno i hope happens this winter if DS moves out lol
    I just posted tons of too small snowboarding an ski-doo jackets of DSs for sale. All in like new condition and cheap so hopefully they sell quickly.
    I have a large hanging bar in laundry room that is finally useable again so have them hanging on there ready to go.
    Can't wait to do laundry now that i can hang stuff to dry easily again
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information