User Tag List

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@Ciel yes it's a shame about Walmart stopping price matching. I wonder if they are stopping price matching in the States as well. Those extreme couponers will definitely take their business elsewhere.
    I like price matching at Giant Tiger (Canadian owned) but I do find it difficult to find some items. Frescho works for me as well. I know No Frills price matches but I went through a lot of stress with price matching there years ago and still haven't forgotten it.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Again Happy Thanksgiving !!!! Well slept in a bad position this night so now I am sore and have back pain...only 4 degres in qc this morning i suppose because of the rain and winds we had yesterday...
    Today the plan is maybe making a recepie and just relax
    Will see this week how it goes in groceries and stores with the new red zone rule
    Have an awesome day everyone!!!
    Will go for a big walk after supper I think

Edit: I checked in the pantry and I still have 3 containers tetra pack of no name chicken broth from last time I did make pumpkin soup,they are good until february 2021....so I dont need to purchase those again like I taught.And butternut squash are 0,98$ lbs so I may be making the butternut soup today or tomorrow..depend when I will go to the grocery.
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Oct 11th, 2020 at 10:13 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-everybody was out yesterday around noon on the bike path at confederation(roller blading ,biking ,walking , tons of people )
    I brought my laundry in and dried it rest of the way.

I went to bed early as i felt achy ,well i have a cold and am sneezing .I wish to cancel my dentist appt on tuesday ,but it stated on the voice machine call back during business hours ,so hopefully i am better by tuesday.

Just relaxing today ,may rest this afternoon as i was up at 6.00 a.m .
    Hubby and i are having takeout hot foods from fortinos today ,as i dont want to cook.Plus had a chicken the other night ,so glad i made soup.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. had a pretty good nights sleep. goal is cleaning, loads of breaks. it will feel great to get the house in better shape.

I am putting a big ham in about 2 pm... slow roasting it.. low and slow.
    currently... i have tea in hand... off to clean a bathroom... ad just pop in and out all day
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I decided I will make this soup today or tomorrow:https://www.marthastewart.com/318344...ut-squash-soup
    look simple and easy not to much ingrediants,perfect for me!!!
    anybody know :
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth... I have an interrogation: 1 can =how many ml or cup of chicken broth ...I am not sure

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks I have an interrogation: that is how many squashs....so I have to weight those on the machine who said the weight...[/COLOR]
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I decided I will make this soup today or tomorrow:https://www.marthastewart.com/318344...ut-squash-soup
    look simple and easy not to much ingrediants,perfect for me!!!
    anybody know :
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth... I have an interrogation: 1 can =how many ml or cup of chicken broth ...I am not sure

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks I have an interrogation: that is how many squashs....so I have to weight those on the machine who said the weight...[/COLOR]
    The average butternut squash will be around 2 to 3 lbs. After peeling and seeding, your squash will lose 2-3 oz of weight

14.5 oz equals 1.81 cups. 1 ounce is equivalent to 0.125 cups, and there are 1.81 cups in 14.5 ounces.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    @Ciel yes it's a shame about Walmart stopping price matching. I wonder if they are stopping price matching in the States as well. Those extreme couponers will definitely take their business elsewhere.
    I like price matching at Giant Tiger (Canadian owned) but I do find it difficult to find some items. Frescho works for me as well. I know No Frills price matches but I went through a lot of stress with price matching there years ago and still haven't forgotten it.
    Don't quote me, but I think WM US stopped PMing at least a couple of years ago.

As for losing business here in Canada by no longer PMing, keep in mind that PMs are a less desirable form of business for any retailer compared to purchases at either their regular or sale prices. This is because PMs are less profitable and take up more staff time - sometimes quite a bit more - and are probably disproportionate related to disputes and customer unruliness.

So while WM undoubtedly knows they will lose a sizable proportion of customers who PM heavily, it's understandable that retaining them isn't an especially high priority. What's more, serious PMers comprise only a relatively small proportion of all Canadian consumers. For example, out of everyone I know IRL, I can count the serious PMers on one hand with fingers to spare.

As for the more highly-valued segment of consumers who occasionally PM while mostly buying things at WM's regular and sale prices, they are quite unlikely to switch stores en masse. Overall, it's actually not that easy to lose customers within this segment.

And of course, the most valuable segment, customers who don't PM, won't leave. Indeed, they're much more likely to welcome the new policy.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I just realized this turkey is 7 hours to cookso I am making the brownies now then the turkey can go in at 11. Then the plan is to drop off a load to value village and post some more stuff to give away. My SDM offer this week was .88 cent 1L chocolate milk so I may pick that up while I am out.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Arjon you are correct that WM US no longer PMs. I rarely shop at WM and in my city they are in the same lot at RCSS so sadly for me it may push the WM pmer over to RCSS.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Maybe it is just my area but I actually prefer to Price Match at RCSS over Wal-Mart but for me RCSS is a good 30 to 40 minutes away where is Wal-Mart is only 15 minutes. With that being said honestly I have found over the last year to year and half we go Wal-Mart less and less. I have noticed their sales are not as good as they used to be and I can get better deals elsewhere and even their everyday prices are higher than other local stores for those items that never go on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Arjon you are correct that WM US no longer PMs. I rarely shop at WM and in my city they are in the same lot at RCSS so sadly for me it may push the WM pmer over to RCSS.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes i only went to walmart a few weeks ago for a giftcard for my granddaughter's birthday and i p.m folgers coffee .I was not in there since before pandemic started.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH, my Mum and I braved Costco at opening time yesterday-the line was long but everything moved quickly and we were in and out in 40 minutes so that was a win. I am off to visit DD in Vancouver on Wed and then spend a week on Vancouver Island so that should be nice. I rented an apt using home exchange points so no OOP costs there. Can cook my own meals so main expenses will be gas and ferry costs. DH made an apple pie this a.m. and we are taking it to my brothers for dinner. Having some overnight company tomorrow night so will fire up the barbie-despite the fact that yesterday seems to have been the last of the nice weather. We may finally get a killing frost tomorrow night-which is about 4 weeks behind schedule. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We also reduced our shopping at Walmart. I felt we seemed to be spending more on groceries and other "stuff" when we went there. I also found that they were lacking in good fresh produce and meat(they sell a lot of vac packed meat).
    The feature that I really liked though was price matching on a single item that was advertised elsewhere in multiples. i.e. B2 for $10 and pay only $5 for one.
    Does anyone know if other stores permit this type of price matching? Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Maybe it is just my area but I actually prefer to Price Match at RCSS over Wal-Mart but for me RCSS is a good 30 to 40 minutes away where is Wal-Mart is only 15 minutes. With that being said honestly I have found over the last year to year and half we go Wal-Mart less and less. I have noticed their sales are not as good as they used to be and I can get better deals elsewhere and even their everyday prices are higher than other local stores for those items that never go on sale.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am very lucky that i actually have 3 walmarts within 30 - 40 min of me. i will not go shopping in the big town 20 min from me... but go I go to the smaller , but still large town. any hoo.... i go much less to walmart then I do rcss.
    equally , i find the rcss i go to , has amazing price matching. thier meat depetment is top notch. i go in and they already have adjusted most of the the prices to reflect the price matched prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    The average butternut squash will be around 2 to 3 lbs. After peeling and seeding, your squash will lose 2-3 oz of weight

14.5 oz equals 1.81 cups. 1 ounce is equivalent to 0.125 cups, and there are 1.81 cups in 14.5 ounces.
    Thanks!!!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information