User Tag List

Page 1309 of 1602 FirstFirst ... 309 809 1209 1259 1299 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1319 1359 1409 ... LastLast
Results 19,621 to 19,635 of 24026
Like Tree10763Likes

Thread: Points And Prizes - Sheknows Words v2

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ING_rep View Post
    Hi Connie,

I spend a lot of time in the OR, so I can give you an idea of how it goes. usually they take you and your kid to the entrance of the OR and you wait for 20 minutes. The surgeon comes and meets you, then the asks you questions anaesthesiologist and finally the nurse comes and takes your kid with her (She offers to carry her or push her in her rolling hospital bed. The child is allowed to bring one or 2 stuffed animals. Some hospitals (even non children's hospitals) have very small demo devices to put the stuffed animals to sleep to show the kid what they will do to them to put them to sleep. Then they put them to sleep and within 20-30 minutes the surgery is done.

Ok let's face it, the kids don't like it when the nurse walks away from you with your child. Most of them cry a bit but the staff takes good care of them, distracts them, hold them close while they put them to sleep.

They will take good care of your daughter and remember that they are used to it, they do 8-10 children when the surgeon is in the OR.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the info ING rep. My daughter is 4. I will start "practising" playing hospital with her stuffed animal in a few weeks. The moment they take her away is the moment I am dreading ...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you for the kind words sk43213, star84, momof3heathens, Noodge, ThreeMonster’sMom, Ricki911, Julyprincess, DramaLamaBBQ (What a funny name haha!), Andit, Rebate queen!
    Ricki, I agree that you shouldn’t let your cat or dog out, unless they are on a leash or if you live on a farm. The owner is the only person responsible for the poor cat that died. I better not see pictures of that cat with a phone number and a big ‘’MISSING’’ next to it...!
    The courses I am taking are for a management certificate; one of them is every other Sunday , from 9 to 4 , and the other is Tuesdays from 6h45-9h45, one week is an online course, the other i have to go to school. I took Psychology of changes on Sunday and the other if Leadership and director’s practices. I like them! How can your teacher not log on? My online course is a powerpoint presentation and we hear the teacher’s comments and examples. How is your health? I just noticed you are 23!!! Quite young for menopause! (Im 24! )

Have a great evening everyone!
    MY ORANGE KEY 16680564S1
    Every time a friend opens a Tangerine Account with $100 or more and uses your Orange Key, you'll both get $25.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear your DD needs her adnoids and tonsils removed, Connie106. Please keep us updated. I'm sure you'll be reading up on anesthetic in regards to children. I apologize I don't have any first hand knowledge to share on the subject.

Did everyone make the 'beep' noise when reading the Garfield comic? Thanx for the laugh, julyprincess!

I sure hope you don't get anything from Canada Customs, Pearls. Thank you for sharing with the community incase anyone else has similar experiences. We live and learn through one another here.

One thing after another poor Ricki911. I hope your proff gives you an extension.

My hat's off to Ricki911 and ING_rep for the attentiveness to take online courses. My attention span is too short and I would get distracted too easily. I had a hard enough time staying focused in a classroom .

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This week's code word is POETRY for 200 points! Redeem your points now. Good thru 2/13/12.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This week's code word is LIGHTER for 200 points! Redeem your points now. Good thru 2/13/12.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the new words

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie106 View Post
    Thanks for the new wrods everyone!!

Just found out yesterday that DD needds to have adnoids and tonsils removed. She snores and holds her breath while she sleeps and is constantly congested. I know its the best thing for her but am really nervous about the anesthetic ... has anyone's kids gone through this??
    I had mine out when I was 9 and I survived I was also eating solid food the next day though I probably wouldn't recommend that but I was starving and wanted food.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

thanks!
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

Thanks so much for all the words.

I had a lovely lunch with some friends at a fancy little bistro (may as well eat yummy naughty things while I can ). Had a really delicious gourmet burger. So did my one friend. The other had poutine with pulled beef. Tomorrow I'm off to celebrate another friend's b-day with dinner at the Mandarin buffet. Maybe next week, I'll behave myself & eat rabbit food.

If anyone has prayers to spare, my friend who was dealing with cancer last fall is in emergency (silly girl put off going to the doctor & now she's dealing with dehydration ). I'm praying for a day when I will no longer have a need to ask for prayers.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening & a wonderful day tomorrow. We're supposed to get a dusting of snow (blech, it should stay north of the city!).

Take care, everybody, & stay well.
    Last edited by Andit; Thu, Feb 9th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Thanks for the new words!!

I did end up getting an extension (for the entire class LOL). I was almost in tears and I called the proff as he wasnt answering my emails. Now I ordered the textbook, the company sent me the wrong one, then they said they couldnt find my house it didnt exist (yet Ive ordered from this company, and delivered before). So it never came and in the notes it stated its need. So I talked to the proff, and he gave me an extension. Another, classmate posted a few hours after me and said he didnt have a text either same thing from the company (this is the only company that offers it).

ING- So in the end what course or program are you aiming for?. Im currently taking Investigation Techniques and Processes its part of the Applied Criminal Investigation program. Im debating whether I want to switch fields. I mean there isnt much jobs in the field or any other options in the other programs Ive graduated from. I was thinking tonight of maybe taking the animal care program or a grooming program.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Thanks again have to catch up now!

Everything is Awesome! :D
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Thanks for the new words! TGIF!

Bullet For My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall

http://youtu.be/9sTQ0QdkN3Q

Everything is Awesome! :D
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)