User Tag List

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning and happy hump day!

Just enjoying my coffee. My oldest just appeared (he is never up early) and told me he is going for a run. Guess he is trying to get up earlier.
    I will bundle up and go for a walk soon. The fresh air will do me good.

We received lots of snow overnight. I will shovel the walkway while the boys do the driveway. Gives me more fresh air and a little workout

The fridge needs a good clean out. I need to organize it to make some room.
    Think I will take the last bar of old cheese out of the freezer now and make another mac and cheese since they ate the other one up the other day as soon as I pulled it out of the oven. Then it will be one more item out of the freezer And no need for take out since we have ready made food
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Our wonderful neighbour cleaned our driveway. Love my neighbours!

Macaroni is cooked and the cheese grated. Have a work related call soon so will wait till that is done before I make the mac and cheese for the ovhn. I'm sure the boys will eat it for lunch.

Will go for a walk as soon as the mac and cheese is out of the oven! Hopefully my hydro is in my mailbox this afternoon. I would like to finish up paying the bills today.
    Tweets77, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Training is done, I still have a headache but at least now it is a workable headache. This morning I thought I was going to have to email my boss I was taking the rest of the day off but I can work through this now.

Needed to get up and move after training some I started to tidy up the hallway upstairs. We had a Costco pack of toilet paper and kleenex that needed to be put away, they are now both in their home in the bathroom closet. I need to do some more work on this closet, it isn't messy but it also doesn't make me happy, it just needs a little tweaking. As well I have some Vitamins and Medications I picked up on my last Costco trip that need to go in this closest (might do this, this afternoon, we shall see).

Still trying to decide on Dinner, Mom wants chicken so we have a protein, now we just need to decide exactly what type of Chicken we want.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mac and cheese is in the oven and the kitchen is clean! Hopefully I feel like cleaning out the fridge later.

Getting ready to go for a walk now.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Walked to the RCSS. Found Aveeno Gift sets (Body wash/Pump lotion/tube lotion) on for $8.94 and kids Colgate gift sets (2 tubes of toothpaste and an electric toothbrush) on for $2.94. And last day for No TAX
    Bought 2 of the lotion packs for my mother for her birthday and Christmas. And the toothbrush packs for my best friends twins. I am going to visit for a few days once all this nonsense is over with (they live 4 hr and 15 min drive away now ) Gathering up a bunch of stuff to give them since I haven't seen them since August.
    So a walk and gifts checked off my list for 2021!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Treated hubby and i to wendys drive-thru with a coupon tonight $13 . for drinks fries and a cheeseburger with a coupon

Then popped into sobeys and got my refund of .50 overcharge and found a few items on clearance hand soaps watkins for $3.24 and a large refill of live clean hand soap for 4.00 and milk and bread of course .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Jan 20th, 2021 at 10:22 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Good day here which is nice, I needed a good day. Remotely training, it is still adjustment and I am not getting through it as quickly as I would like but it is work in process. This afternoon I did not have any training session but managed to knock out a few projects. Tonight is the first night this week I did not have to work late which is nice, I really needed a night off. Hopefully the rest of the week will be the same.

I had not had a chance to speak to my boss but he called me today to see what projects I had on the go and what someone else could help me with. Now I need to make a list and include who I think would be the best person/people to help with each task.

Did not get much else done around the house, I got on a roll writing a Handout for an upcoming training session and lost track of time. It is now done and ready to be sent off for proofreading.

Maybe tomorrow I will tackle the Bathroom closest we shall see.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

New Sobeys flyer has an Air Miles redemption offer. Earn 25AM when you redeem 95AM.

Dh had a late night at work and it was bath night. I pushed my free contest win to pick up Fred pasta and bread sticks from Pizza Hut. We had bagged salad and milk with it at home.

Deadline for students to submit assignments for semester one report cards was today. Pd for report cards is Friday afternoon. I have to have individualized commented for every student, for every subject area, and for behaviours. Report cards need to be finalized by Tuesday. Talk about busy...
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and working away. I am really trying to get back into the groove of being up early, I have lost my get up and go since I do not go. My body has kind of been like ha ha we can get up at 5 to 7 and still be to work on time but I miss my quiet early mornings. I miss having that hour or two before everyone else starts where I can just focus on my work before the phone calls and emails for the day start.

Also, I love getting up early on a weekend there is something about being in the quiet house and can enjoy my first cup of tea, or watch a show I am looking forward too, or whatever I want, it is the weekend I can choose how to spend my time. Just to have that quiet time before the day gets started.

We had a change in plans for dinner last night, we both ate a large lunch and were not hungry for dinner so I just had some homemade waffles from the freezer and Mom had French Toast Cups. That means tonight we will have last night's dinner plan of Homemade Chicken Tenders, Leftover Roasted Sweet Potatoes (my new obsession, these are so good) with Sauteed Corn and probably a side salad.

Have a great day everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Jan 21st, 2021 at 08:13 AM.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had to pop into the office to pick stuff up so checked out Flashapp on my way back home.
    Got a produce box for $ and in it:
    13 zucchini (perfect as I want to spiral and make like pasta)
    15 lemons
    3 oranges
    1 orange pepper

So dinner will be using these items and see what we come up with! I will cut up the oranges for DS and make a fruit bowl for him
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jan 21st, 2021 at 11:15 AM.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mission clean out the house freezer is going well. I am cooking up a package of sausage (sliced up and in the cast iron pan with BBQ sauce)
    Emptied 2 small bags of fries and they are in the oven.
    Will make a little ceaser salad to go with it and serve it all to DS for lunch while he is online with his teacher.
    I made him 2 breakfast sandwiches earlier
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have leftover roast squash in the fridge, so my lunch plan is to heat it up with something else!

Last night, two online orders were done (some things are gifts) and today I realized that unless I feed the ATM first, I won't maximize a shopping order for hosiery (Jan. sale and stuff is needed) because to pay for shipping, I'd be a few cents short for just two items. So another stroll is in order.

Weekly flyers are looking a bit on the meagre side with the community paper looking scarce as well. No Longos flyer-time to check out the online one.

Cleaning this afternoon with a mug of tea is on. Laundry was done earlier this morning. Need motivation to get some mail prepped and ready to go for next week. Random tasks at home are hollering for a few minutes each. Ha ha...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a double chocolate zucchini loaf baking in the oven now! All baking dishes washed and drying on the counter.
    I googled a recipe and just went for it. Will see how it turns out

I have load of laundry in washer. Most will be hung to dry. Will put a 2nd load on as soon as 1st is done.

I just ordered 2 packs of bacon for $1.99 each on Flashapp. DS son likes it so makes for a cheap dinner with eggs and homefries! (which we have potatoes to use up)
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok dinner plan change. Just DS and I so I told him in an hour we are going to take the dog for a walk then him and I will feast on homemade burger and ceaser salad with fresh cooked bacon and parm cheese and watch a movie together.
    I cooked the bacon already and I have the groundbeef in a bowl with fixings ready to make patties. I will make them before we go for the walk and then we just have to come home and cook it up.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Good news is I have started sleeping again bad new is my body is like oh this is nice, I want more LOL. I am going to bed early but still it does not feel like enough right now but the good new is, it is Friday.

We are under a winter warning for this afternoon so we shall see what comes out way. I must say working remotely is helping my anxiety due to the fact I do not have to worry about driving in winter conditions. I do not miss the winter driving.

Trying to figure out dinner for tonight, I am thinking maybe Beef Stew, I can put it on around lunch time and just let it simmer away all afternoon. If I make Beef Stew I will also put a batch of Potato Buns in the Bread Machine to go with the Stew. Personally I prefer cracker but Mom likes a Bun with hers and having Potato Buns on hand is never a bad thing.

I have a couple small things I would like to get done around the house today as I did not get much done yesterday. Working was a bit of a struggle yesterday, I needed to focus and get through the final phase of a training session I have next week but I just could not get it to come together. So hopefully today I can get a few small things done so I do not have to do them over the weekend and can find some time to relax.

I need to find a new show to watch on Netflix, we finished Bridgerton, tried to watch surviving death but was not our type of show.

Alright time to get back to work, no training today just time to catch up and get ready for next week.

Have a great day everyone.
    Ciel, coupon girl and crafter like this.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information