User Tag List

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Chips and pop as recipe ingredients are part of a new recipe thread in the Food subforum. Just to inspire or maybe get creative with some recipe tweaks of your own!
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Me and sleep are just not friend these days. I was so tired last night I went to bed around 8 to try to get a good night sleep. I lost count of how many times I woke up, I know for sure I woke up at 11, midnight, and 2 for sure and each time I struggled to fall back asleep. So I got up a little late this morning. I had planned to be up at 5 am but did not get up until 6 am.

I admit, I am thankful I am feeling better I am handling my anxiety but I am also completely overwhelmed. Now that we have gone to remote training it is nice that I can train staff in multiple locations in the same day without the 3 hours drive between locations. But the downside is I can go from training session to training session which means there is very little time to be me and get my own work done.

I do not know if it factored into my sleep last night but the reason I was getting up at 5 am was because my to-do-list for today is quite long and I have 2 training sessions today.

Plus well I was making my breakfast this morning I had this list of things I need to get done at home flooding into my head but we will have to see what I can get done today. Not sure how much ambition I will have once the day is done due to my lack of sleep.

I need to figure out dinner too, I have some Zucchini I need to use up so I think that is where I will start but what the final dish will be is a mystery right now.

Alright Breakfast is done, Break over time to get back to seeing how much I can knock out before my first training session.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went out at 7.30 and got my groceries at sobeys got 51 airmiles
    a few deals i got were green seedless grapes 1.99 so fresh
    Laura secord tall ceramic cup with a rubber lid and 2 trial hot chocolate reg 1.99 marked down to 3.00(for me)
    green and black chocolate marked down to 1.99 on clearance
    fair size bag of pecan $4.14
    popcorn white cheddar marked down to 1.49
    siggis yogurt 3.99-2.00 cpn-1.00 checkout51=.99
    a puzzle on the reduced rack 550 pieces 5.99(figured i buy it as thrift stores are not open and people want way to much for their used puzzles on kijiji)

saved 2.00 checkout51 .10 on caddle and 7.50 in coupons

So glad i got out today as snow is coming tonight.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Feb 4th, 2021 at 11:17 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!
    Sunny day here. I wonder if we are expecting snow. I hope not as Saturday is my Costco day and i have put it off for weeks!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It is beautiful out here. I have both windows open so I can get the breeze. (My office is a sauna!)

Received my water bill and it is $60 lower then normal. We did nothing different....well that is not true. We did replace a toilet but that was just a week before Christmas so I doubt that would make the difference since the billing was till the end of Dec. I need to find old bills to see what they say.
    The tub is leaking. The cartridge needs to be changed. DS and I tried and I just don't understand how to do it so I will need to google it. I should try again tonight with DS's help.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I completed 2 staff's training today one I will loop back with next week just to discuss their homework. It feels good.

Slight change in plans for this afternoon. I took a break and took a nice relaxing shower. I was getting ready to finish up my day and found out they were going to update out test company so I would lose everyone's training so I got them to give me an hour to check everyone's homework. So worked a little later then I planned but that is off tomorrow's to-do-list.

Decided on Breakfast for dinner tonight, Eggs with Bacon, Toast & a Potato Pancake. Best part, there will be leftover bacon for Bacon & Tomato Sandwiches.

I still need to bring the dark load up to be sorted. I will do that shortly. I want to get everything sorted so than I can start to decide what I am keeping and what I will be getting rid of. Does anyone else ever get an extreme urge to purge??? I just want stuff gone and I have been eyeing up some areas I think some major purging can take place.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Change in dinner plans, was on the phone with my cousin explaining how to do something through the system and Mom announced she forgot to make the potato pancake and said it would just be eggs and bacons now. After some hmmming and thinking we remember there was still a package of sliced in Chicken in the Fridge to eat. Change in plans we made Clubhouse Sandwiches instead with oven fries, must say it was a happy change, it was so yummy.

I started to write my meal prep plan and to-do-list for next week. I did not do my meal prep this week and we noticed it, I especially noticed when it came to snack, I did not have my snacks pre prepped so most days I ended up skipping my snacks and was starving by dinner. So I have to meal prep this weekend for sure.

Have a great night everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ve been teaching Grade 7 online since September. This week was the start of semester 2. My school hired educational assistants and one lady started working with my class. She helps for about 1/2 the day, every day. I’m so happy and relieved to have support for my students with needs. I have been a one man band and there’s finally someone here to help. It takes extra planning and communication, but I hope to see improvements in my students’ work. Many people are shocked by how hands off some families are...not supporting their online learners. I send personalized weekly emails with updates to the parents. Sometimes that helps, often I do not see a change.

I’ll be spending a chunk of my weekend working on teaching applications. Many school divisions have application deadlines in the winter for the 2021-2022 school year. My current teaching contract ends June 30.

It was melting here on Tuesday. I spent 1hrs outside building snow sculptures in the front yard with our children. We made several items. We’re now in the deep freeze and my children might have indoor recess tomorrow.

Friday, February 5th is my Birthday. I do not feel comfortable going out to eat during Covid. Dh wants me to order in, since I do not want to eat out this year. My babysitter has made some kind of birthday plan with our twins.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Birthday Angela
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Birthday @Angela279
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Angela -happy birthday ,have a good one .
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just shovelled the heavy rain snow mix in our driveway took 40 minutes ,i went out at 7.00 a.m .Then made myself a nice breakfast -boiled egg,peameal bacon and watermelon on the side .

Yesterday we drove by and said hi to the granddaughter,s ,we got out for a bit outside with masks on .I gave them a summer top and a few chocolates for valentines day-ohhh how i miss them and they miss us too.It was so sunny and nice yesterday hi of 3.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Feb 5th, 2021 at 10:35 AM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF! When I work in the office I really appreciate when Friday comes! I don't plan on coming in this weekend at all but still have a busy day today and Monday. Will try and power through everything today to make Monday not as crazy. Just taking a few mins now to check email and enjoy my coffee.

My son and GF made dinner late last night and they washed their pots and pans! Yippeee! Finally!

I see snow in the forecast for the next 7 days here. Will decide tomorrow if I will venture to Costco. I really want to go. I need out!

I sold my 2nd item yesterday that I had posted and she sent an etransfer. I asked where she lived and its near my office so I told her I would deliver it today and she was very appreciative.

Still working on the kitchen cupboard clean up but so far so good! I should part with more things. I guess I should gather it all and then post it all for sale at the same time. I do seem to post stuff really cheap so it sells fast.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

@ Angela Happy Birthday!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    TGIF is all I can say, I finished my 2-weeks of melatonin to try to reset my sleep pattern. I did not take any last night and I struggled to fall asleep, once I feel asleep I was asleep but still feeling so tired. With that being said I bet tomorrow since I could sleep in I will be wide awake at 6 am LOL.

Does anyone else ever have one of those days where it is not that I do not want to work but I just want to focus on what I need to do and shut out the rest of the world. I would love a day where I can just focus on one task at a time and just shut off the world, is that so wrong????

I have a few things I need to get done around the house today, or I should say I want to get done around the house today.

I did not sort my load of darks last night, I was so tired I just wanted to go to bed and I just took some time to reflect. My week did not start out well but it is getting better but I find lately instead of seeing the positive, I become very focused on my struggles and turn that into why my day was just okay instead of seeing the positives of what I got done. To try to help myself I have been tracking my moods, my struggles, what I get done in a day but also I am forcing myself to also track what was good in the day and not just focus on the bad or the struggles.

Also, our dishwasher needs to be emptied, I do not think other than our breakfast dishes there is much to go back in but there are some hand dishes to be done. I would like to get the kitchen clean today so tomorrow I can get up and get my meal prep done. It makes more sense to meal prep on a Sunday because it is closer to the upcoming week but I find I have the ambition on Saturdays where is Sundays tend to be my more lazy day.

If I get all the done and still have ambition I may clean the bathroom, if not there is always tomorrow.

It looks very windy here today and there is snow to be cleared so shortly I will head out, do sme shovelling and clean the cars. Hoping it isn't too cold.

Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela 279 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Celebrate you with something different for takeout (do you have any eateries providing Lunar New Year menus or some local food menu for February?). Interesting to learn about the application deadline for teaching jobs. Seems SK has the same fiscal year end for its public entities as Ontario does (March 31), so school boards must be making allocation decisions in April for the next school year.
    @Frugalbigmama Yay for enjoying dinner without having to lend a hand in making it!
    @coupon girl There was a slightly icy rain in the snow blowing after 9am this morning. It's powder snow now. I was surprised how slushy the bottom of the snow under the crust was while shovelling the walkways and end of driveway. The wind picked up around 5am as I was awake, heard a snowplow and surprisingly, a sidewalk plow pass by too. The plows were running after 11pm last night but there was nothing except slightly wet snow.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information