User Tag List

Page 1319 of 1602 FirstFirst ... 319 819 1219 1269 1309 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1329 1369 1419 ... LastLast
Results 19,771 to 19,785 of 24026
Like Tree10763Likes

Thread: Points And Prizes - Sheknows Words v2

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sk43213 View Post
    -- a guy or girl who is "meeting up" with one person & trying to arrange to "meet up" with someone else at the same time, even in the presence of meet-up #1, is bad news. Not to mention grossly inconsiderate of other people's feelings. My advice is stay away. Find a gentleman to activate those pheromones.

Just my humble opinion.
    this exactly
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sk43213 View Post
    Well, this is from a 66-year-old senior citizen -- a guy or girl who is "meeting up" with one person & trying to arrange to "meet up" with someone else at the same time, even in the presence of meet-up #1, is bad news. Not to mention grossly inconsiderate of other people's feelings. My advice is stay away. Find a gentleman to activate those pheromones.

Just my humble opinion.
    Agreed, but this time coming from a female in my mid-20's. It is never good to be the home-wrecker or the other woman, even if the guys current relationship is not so great!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ricki, I have to agree with the previous answers... I had such a guy chase me in University... We had a weird relationship then, we would always do everything to spend time together but it never ended up going anywhere.
    It's been 6 years and he still calls and wonders why I won't see him again or go for a beer/coffee. We've had bf/gf during those years and the fact that we were friends would always poison it for the both of us in each of our relationship. He would tell me that he didn't have feelings for me, and then go ask my friends why I wouldn't date him... You know, the type of guy that wants to be chased so that he could have the power in the relationship. Not likely to happen with me. Now he has a gf, and still, he tells me he has a crappy relationship and that it would be great if we could give ''us'' a shot.. Really??? After 6 years he is still on this?? Wake up.

So, in my opinion, if a guy is to much of a loser or too weak to be man enough to stand up and be with the girl he loves, well he is just not worth it. This guy your friend likes probaly really likes his gf, but pretends otherwise in front of your friend for attention.
    Last edited by Bamboo_Shoots; Tue, Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
    Please feel free to use my Orange Key 16680564S1

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Valentine's Day!! Thanks for the words!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapbookingoasis View Post
    this exactly
    Exactly what she said.
    Meeting people can be hard but when other people are thrown into the mix it's a recipe for disaster.
    I hope your friend makes a decision that they can live with!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kimmie bt View Post
    Andit and Ricki - what sk43213 said!!!!

Thanks for the new words

Horrible ice storm here Saturday night and still trying to get things thawed out, like my drivers door. I hate crawling over the seats to get in my van.
    Say it ain't so! I'm in Halifax for work next week, need the weather to be nice so I get home on time to take DH for a biopsy. 90% of my cancelled and delayed flights have been out of Halifax! Love the best coast, though; Nova Scotia is beautiful, the people are warm and friendly, the pubs need to be transplanted all over the country (I'm too old for the bars and too young for the Legion), and the seafood is out of this world!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hey Ricki!

I think Sk42313, Awhit066, Scrapbookingoasis, Secret spy and Bamboo_S are right on this... The best thing for your friend would be to walk away from this now that nothing has happenned between them. Focus on her friends, family, work, pet.. anything but him. If he really loves her and deserves her, well he will realize it, leave his girlfriend and go out of his way to be with her. If he doesn't well, let's not cry over spilled guineas!
    MY ORANGE KEY 16680564S1
    Every time a friend opens a Tangerine Account with $100 or more and uses your Orange Key, you'll both get $25.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Just because Im nosey and need to know just to cure my curiosity I started digging. Plus, my friend keeps bugging me and its irritating lol. But lets say Ive grown up in this area, everyone knows me, and everything comes back to me (sometimes scares me though).

Theres even more complication to the story. Ok I use to work with this girl and we went to high school together. So mind you both of them are real shy (I was talking to a few people who are best friends with this guy - and I opened my mouth before I knew this opps). My other friend / coworker told me she knew all about this situation. Said she use to call my friend out and get them to talk. She said they both were so quiet they would mumble and go red he would try to talk to my friend and shes staring at her feet. So to me this adds a whole different view on the point (this guy tried and my friend is simple shy and needs someone to stand behind her pushing her).

So my best friend and her boyfriend were over and I asked them their opinions. But I guess by what I had said and by what this guy had told my friends bf we put two and two together prtetty fast. My friends bf said this guy keeps asking him for advice and on what to do. How he is really intersted but doesnt know what to do as both are shy and he cant seem to ask her out.

This guy admitted to my friends bf that he only took on his gf because he didnt think she was interested and his gf asked him and is pushy whereas my friend isnt so he is basically waiting for my friend to jump in their and make all the moves. He admitted (and I saw and heard the conversations that he would ditch his girlfriend if my friend would make a move even admit she is interested as he thinks she isnt interested).

To me it isnt home wrecking and if it makes both of them happy and get moving with their feelings. Im sorry its not home wrecking if you admit your feelings, the guy ditches his gf to go with his feelings and another girl. Sure, its a bad case for his gf but its clear he didnt have feelings for her. Im sure this girl would blame everyone but herself.

In my opinion this guy just is shy and inexperienced (according to my friends bf he never really had any relationships more like 1 -2 months years apart and this is his longest. Even my friends bf stated he doesnt have feelings for this gf he took as he thought my friend wasnt interest and trying to move on. He is afraid my friend would reject him so he hasnt made a move (also like I said he doesnt believe those who are saying things to him). So I think with time we wil see.

I think one of them will work up the nerve and will make a move.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

But I did tell my friend to keep on going with life and dont think about it too much. I mean to me would drive me up the wall thinking about it. I told her she sent him a facebook message and its from her. He knows how she feels and its his decision now all on his plate. I told her if he doesnt ditch his gf because of nerves, or just pure comfort (he doesnt want to break that being comfort deal) then thats his problem and his loss.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ricki911 - I agree that if she only tells him she has feelings for him she isn't home-wrecking, but it's important that nothing else happens while he is still with his current girlfriend. However, I also feel that it is pathetic of this guy to stay with a girl that he doesn't like just because he is afraid the one he does want may reject him. Even if your friend wasn't in the picture the guy is being a jerk only dating a girl because she the best he can find. I really feel bad for her. For all we know she has strong feelings for the guy and he is just leading her on. Pretty crummy thing to do.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Ricki911, that guy isnt finished with one GF and he is already chasing another GF! Bad Bad news! He should end the relationship with the first girl before he chases another one. He is a user (using his first GF until something else comes along. He will do the same to the second girl. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

good morning all.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Since it's Valentine's day, and Ricki is trying to help a shy shy friend... I have to tell you this cute story.

When I was in Cegep (For you non quebecer, Cegep is a sad sad part of school we have to attend after high school and before university. So we end high school in 11th grade, go to cegep 2 years then uni for 3 or 4 years) Anyhow lol, back to the story. One of the girls in my classes was extremly shy, we said hi when we saw each other because we were both English speakers in a very French comunity but no more.
    So, one morning this jerk (who my guys friends were friends with) came up to us and brags about sleeping with her the day before, and had broken up with her right after... A real A**hole, you know the type. I knew she was a sensitive person and got screwed over by a jerk and when I heard the stories the next day decided to let her know. I found her hiding in the library, pulled a sofa next to hers and started telling her what was going on, she started crying and wanted to go home and never come back to school. Since we were in all the same classes, i told her to stick with me and if anyone mentions anything, I would take my biology book and slam the person with it (Its a 5 pound book, biggest book ever, ridiculous) She laughed and said ok, but dont leave me. Noone bothered her. We spent the next 2 years together, and became best friends.

Now, the happy part. She had a crush on this guy who was in my English class and we knew he worked at McD's. One Saturday we decided to go to all the McD's in the west island, to find him and say hi... after 3 McD's we found him, got in line and when we got to the cash she turned sooo red, I thought she would explode lol. She said i cant do it and took off (I should say ran off). I went up to the cashier and asked to talk to Phil. He is very shy too, I told him about my friend Rachel and that she would like to get to know him better. Told him how shy she is but that she worth getting to know. I asked for his number and e-mail, he laughed, blushed and gave it to me.

The next day she wrote to him, and he called her and over the weeks they started seeing each other outside of school, going to movies... and fell in love.

Now, 5 years later they are getting married and I am their maid of honnor. He is 6'5 and she is 5'2. they are the cuttest couple.
    Last edited by ING_rep; Tue, Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
    MY ORANGE KEY 16680564S1
    Every time a friend opens a Tangerine Account with $100 or more and uses your Orange Key, you'll both get $25.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ING_rep View Post
    Hey Ricki!

I think Sk42313, Awhit066, Scrapbookingoasis, Secret spy and Bamboo_S are right on this... The best thing for your friend would be to walk away from this now that nothing has happenned between them. Focus on her friends, family, work, pet.. anything but him. If he really loves her and deserves her, well he will realize it, leave his girlfriend and go out of his way to be with her. If he doesn't well, let's not cry over spilled guineas!

Thread Information