User Tag List

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was having a pretty good day yesterday and then my klutz ways happened. I was taking the last load of bedding upstairs and I fell up the stairs. I am okay just a little sore. I spent the evening on the couch today I am sore but am very thankful as I am not as sore as I expected to be.

Before I fell I did get some Meal Prep done, I made a batch of Ground Turkey Chilli and a batch of Cornbread to go with it. I also cut up some veggies for me to snack on this week, I had a cucumber I just bought but when I was putting it away by mistake I stuck my finger nail into the cucumber so the cucumber plus some carrots and celery have been chopped up for me to snack on this week.

We started working on our Living Room project. One wall of our living room has bookshelves previously it was full of cookbooks we have collect over the years but we have moved into a different season of life. Although it looks like and is well organized we just do not use the cookbooks anymore instead we go online. Now do not get me wrong we will be keeping some of them but our plan is to move Mom's craft stuff to these shelves. Yesterday we got 3 shelves cleared off, the books we are keeping have moved to the basement for the time being and we have started a bin for the books we want to get rid of. Still have a lot to get done but nice to see some progress.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!
    I went to sleep early last night so I am awake and ready to roll.

I dealt with work emails yesterday so today should be a good day. A few quick things to deal with but then I can get a few house things done.

Goal is to post a bunch of things for sale since I am home this week for porch pick up and the weather is good.
    Let's get this junk out of the house!

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Deleted an old ad and reposted it and it sold in 1 min! She already sent etransfer and porch pick up early this afternoon!
    $10 to start the day!
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning everyone!!!!
    Went to bed very late and wake up very earlier so since I had the energy with some music I focus today to do as much as possible in the bathroom to organize and declutttered.1 have 3 bigs bins to sort out and many loads of laundry to do but will see if the laundry will happen late afternoon or tomorrow

Have an awesome day!!!

My dad did not called me yet ..very strange...but will wait his call.
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Mar 8th, 2021 at 11:33 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad called me he was napping this morning
    Sweet neighbourood (2 of them actually) asked what was going out so I said it....it make me sad ..they where worried because I am alone but I reassured theirs that I am ok and have help.

Will take it easy this afternoon and maybe a little nap

Enjoy the day,beautifull sunny outside
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pulled a tall plastic storage unit from DS's computer room. It is full of junk and I have already put the too small Pj's under the kitchen sink for rags (the tops are like new but have my kids names on them so very hard to pass on) DS has to tell me if a remote toy is garbage or sellable. And then a ton of HBA crap. Most I am tossing (samples) we haven't used up by now I am tossing.
    This is the best way for me to deal with stuff. Bring it to my diningroom space and I want it out quick!
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    we have moved into a different season of life.
    I like that. I'm mostly by myself now, & it'll be a good thought to keep in mind as I change things to fit how I want to live. Your plan for your Mom's craft stuff gave me an idea too - I have a little alcove off the living room where the computer desk lived - it'll hold all my knitting & needlework supplies. Thank you.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did you receive the postage paid post card in your mailbox to send out?
    I just filled it out to my niece and will mail it tonight.
    Found a banana strawberry chapstick new in package in my cleaning and have put that in an envelope and will mail that to my niece as well. (perfect for a 6 year old!) Auntie is slacking in sending special letters and treats in the mail. I need to setup my game!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Mar 8th, 2021 at 06:13 PM.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -i got that free post card will send to my brother in london,ont .

Today we popped over to see cara at home i got her a small butterfly that wiggles in your hand after it charges ,then i bought ashlyn a small kids telescope at walmart (first time in walmart since last oct)as she was such a good girl all week .I saw 3 people not wearing their masks right -ticks me to no end ,have we not been doing this a year now .)

Eggs for supper tonight -toasted on a sandwich with cesar salad
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided I was going to grab at least 4 bags of dog food at No Frills before the markdown ended since I have $6 off coupons. Stopped at Walmart and they marked it down again ( regular $12.98 on for $9.98 now $6.98 less $6!!! I bought all 8 bags on shelf. $1.88 a bag after sale/coupon/ taxes. On the hunt for more!!!!
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our twins slept very poorly last night, therefore Dh and I didn’t sleep well either.

We just returned home from a relatively slow 1hr walk. I found a dime, nothing for SARCAN, and the kids collected another bag of pine cones.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Was not in as much pain as I expected to be today which I am thankful for but by the end of my work day I was getting quite sore. I was hopeful I could carefully push through with a few household things but I think I better not. I need to cover a manager this Friday so I have to make sure I am well enough to do a 10 hour shift in a branch.

Had to come up with a plan b for dinner, I was going to make French Onion Pasta Bake because I have a few onions, heavy whipping cream and cheese I need to use up. But this recipe has a lot of chopping and I knew it would not go well so instead we had:
    Bake Chicken Breast with Baked Potato & Steamed Broccoli - I do not know why but we do not eat baked potatoes very often anymore but I have decided I need more baked potatoes in my life.

Tomorrow depending on how I am feeling I might have to start dinner prep around lunch and just slowly do bits here and there so that after work I just need to cook it up. I am thinking I will either make the French Onion Pasta Bake or thinking maybe some Beef & Broccoli, we will see how I feel tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am tired due to the lack of sleep and anxiety.
    I started clonazepam half pill instead of 1 half (new doctor prescription) so I hope to not have side effect..dont need it
    I over pushed myself today,so I have a headeache and I did a pressure fail(chute de pression) since I am so tired
    I will post my progress shortly ...just hope to sleep a decent night tonight.
    Good night
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Mar 8th, 2021 at 11:01 PM.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Finally, my keyboard seems to be working again. Could not do reps or post a little while ago so had to look up keyboard and just slide something and it worked.

This week before the clock change seems to be teasing a bit of spring weather with a winter backlash. Never thought freezing rain with powder snow stuck to it would be this morning's weather. Feeling the urge to do spots of spring cleaning here and there; whenever I look at the 4 trees near the back kitchen window, I want to trim branches but that is out for me. I pick up branches where I can find them and today I was pushing down ruts that were malleable to help the yard flatten. The ditch requires more thawing to deal with large ridge. Noticed what seemed to be large concrete chips along part of ditch and removed them. Lots of water everywhere-squishy mud in places or ice or patches of wet grass or melting snow. Boon for the puddle-jumpers!

I've spent too much time on Pinterest in recent weeks and after printing off some Mandalorian GIFs and deleting boards, I deleted my account (it will be permanent if I don't log in for the next 14 days). Need to direct energy towards health (I've had to do some daytime naps as my torso feels like mud or planks are weighing it down in three zones). My room in not functioning in the best way so it has to be made right before the Sunday clock change. I've jotted down three goals I'd like progress on this week.

Got some of the retail therapy out of the way at Value Village yesterday. Filled a $2.99 bag with infant clothing, found 2 cardigans for tots and a made in Hawaii sundress (batik print-yes the colour ran in the wash basin) for a 1 yr old (just over $17 total). So cute! Laundered all items today and have them air-drying. Plan is to have items in a little bag in case a small visitor comes over this year (then items will be donated to clothing drive as most of items are in good shape).

I have to make the first 2 hours of a morning work better for my goals and energy levels. Use them or lose them-especially if it involves any kind of food prep or kitchen appliance use. This week is like a reset week for habits and goals.

Time to get to bed and read a bit before sleep! Have a restful night!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@saundyl , welcome back to the board! How are the produce prices in the north right now?
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information