User Tag List

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1872Likes

Thread: March 2022 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hugs cath .
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just got back at 3.30 from hubby and i visiting my dear brother in the hospital .Wow i am so impressed for him having just had a stroke 5 days ago ,he was lying in bed and he got to eat a pudding (as a few days ago he couldnt swallow ).

He squeezed my hand so tight when i said i love him ,he cant talk (maybe this may come back in time but he said "k")when i asked if he wanted the pudding or jello or applesauce .He is not paralized (my dear dad was) so they must have administered the clot drug in the ambulance .It really made my day ,so glad i went .

The rules in the hospitals are so tough and rightly so ,only 2 visitors per day (sign and and sign out).So i called my sister-in-law and told her we went and she said she saw him last night with my nefew .

He may have a long road ahead of him ,but for now it felt great seeing him and what he has accomplished .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Mar 16th, 2022 at 04:33 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    i am doing a big crisis of panicking right now because of life project and life in general and i have difficulty to manage my time and stress ....hope it will be ok tomorrow....
    @cath007 sorry to hear of your difficulties. When I find myself in a similar situation I just slow down and do what I can and force myself to accept it. Sometimes it works and other times it’s hard.
    I hope and pray that today is a better one for you!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@coupon girl glad to hear that you were able to visit your dear brother.
    Rejoicing with you that he’s coming along and offering continued prayers.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

thanks everyone i appreciate it I do feel a little bit better just that I am in slow motion and a bit overwhelmed
    have a good evening and night
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@coupongirl I am so happy the you get to visit your brother and he was responding to you . I will continue to keep him and everyone in my prayers . He sounds like a fighter
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    thanks everyone i appreciate it I do feel a little bit better just that I am in slow motion and a bit overwhelmed
    have a good evening and night
    @cath007 happy to hear today is a better day for you. Hoping tomorrow is better than today.

Have a great evening

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you skippy and flemeth-he truly is a fighter ,my older brother is for sure.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    This actually happened last week, but I'll throw it here. On Wednesday, I walked to my local Walmart and found it closed and surrounded by fencing, without any explanation. They finally partially re-opened Sunday afternoon for groceries only. Today, I chatted with a worker who told me that the closure was due to a fire. According to him, a woman was trying to steal groceries and lit fires in the garden centre and clothing area to hide her escape under the cover of the sprinklers. They have her on video, but the ubiquitous blue mask is going to make her difficult to identify.

$15 million in damage.
    An update. She was caught because she hired a taxi to take her home from the crime scene. What a genius.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Going to stop in Vegas for 1 night tonight on my way home-that should be interesting. I don't gamble but there should be interesting things to see.
    From watching videos on Youtube, this place has some buzz-a real convenience store at the front of the resto!
    https://parkmgm.mgmresorts.com/en/re...st-friend.html

Bellagio's fountain show times: https://vegasfoodandfun.com/bellagio-fountains/
    Tim Lee did a Lunar New Year buffet review of Bellagio's Jasmine resto (beautiful space facing the fountain area)-maybe you can take a peek!
    I love your thrift store adventures on your travels!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@HermanH Glad to read that the firestarter got caught. i highly doubt she has the million$ to pay for the damage but any income might be garnisheed for a long time.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Two weeks prior to DST change, I kept getting up around 5 or 5:30am. Had to snack or see if I could get back to sleep but that was not happening. Did laundry and had early breakfasts where possible before crashing by noon. Come Sunday, I was up closer to 8am after a couple of night interruptions. Was not amused to see morning show headline yesterday that US Senate is considering legislation to make DST the norm year-round for Nov 2023. That would likely trigger the Ontario and Quebec legislatures to follow suit as they passed motions to make a time switch in synchronization with New York State. So that will be something to watch. Will be curious to know if Saskatchewan which is on standard time will make a change if nearby US states go to DST.

Produce woes-Mom got a deal on red plums but the fruit was not really ripe-tasting and each fruit had one-three bad spoilage spots. She also got digestive issues and basically was off of food for the weekend. I stewed some frozen berries on Monday night and Sunday night, poached three pears with red wine,, water, lemon juice and vanilla extract to offer some simple treats to ease her back to eating. I also bought Align chewables (I started to take them this week to see if they offer me some digestive support) but she has refused to take any. She insists she can only have cooked food but that will be a challenge when indoor temps get uncomfortably warm for cooking.

I made curried lentil stew today (so pleased). Seeing I have two small freezer bags of veggie scraps, a cold day this weekend seems ideal to attempt a small pot of vegetable broth making. So I will have a base to which add pasta or frozen veggies or something!

Muddy conditions this week have limited any major raking efforts. Branch pickup continues. Had a pair of geese come to the yard again-Im not allowing them to linger as no one will assist with cleanup efforts. Noticed another area with shredded grey fur and wondered which creature became dinner to something bigger recently.

Still have not moved on the tax return. Have it on my list of to-dos for week. Have a lot less energy. Tomorrow's morning plan is to visit the library (items are due and overdue) and do some more online Internetting (today I was lucky to spot the open laptop at home and Bro did not remember to turn it off, so Im here to make the most of the evening).

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last week's Moneysaver flyer had a code to save $20 on a big bag of soil with condition delivery has to occur by end of March. I also got a personal offer by lettermail for $25 with same condition. Have to pass on deal as no tax credit money is available to make the purchase. Today Bro asked me if I am getting a bag this year and I said not at this time. Of course, I reminded him of his interest last year and he said he has no intention of buying a bag.

Since there's a full moon this week, the timing is good for starting garden seeds. Just need to get Jiffy pots or those pressed pucks first and I can start dreaming of stuff for the garden.

Yesterday's small bagged Moneysaver inserts contained the Country Harvest loaf or bagels FPC (June 30/22). @cath007 ,I'll put it in the mail for you tomorrow. I am hoping there will be a coupon insert booklet in the community paper this month for Chapstick, Emergen-C and more.

My April HST amount likely will be used on footwear. Need to know where I will find them and also new socks (seem hard to find ones I can wear).

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@lizzie bargain if you happen to just pull on slot and win the big jackpot don’t forget us here
    @coupon girl I’m so happy for your brothers progress. I can’t imagine the stress you must be under. Please take care of yourself while you care for others

@Ciel21 I also struggled with DLS. Funny thing is it never used to affect me much and now as I’m getting older () I struggle and for longer. They need to keep it where it is right now. I’m loving the brighter days after work.

Long day at work today, but it’s always long and tough but at least it’s done. I did a 10k ride after work before picking Dh up and now have 2 loads of laundry going already. I still have a major mountain of it left but at least it’s a start. Now I just need some major inspiration for dinner……..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There is no school on Friday and next Monday. I am happy that I taught all 4 days this week. I received last minute phone calls Mon/Tue/Wed and had to drive 1hr each way to those schools. I’m teaching in town tomorrow and just got booked this afternoon.

The weather has warmed up substantially and there are puddles all over the place. Our kids will need their rubber boots and splash pants tomorrow.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information