User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: May Frugal Chat 2022

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I’m kicking myself because I didn’t get anyone to take a picture of just my family of 5 at my sister’s wedding. It is extremely rare that we all dress up together. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it now. We had pictures with the entire extended family, and also with the bride and all of her siblings (5 + the bride).
    I'm hoping you get at least one copy of the family photos via your sister from the photographer's. If you know the photographer's Facebook, Instagram or website addresses, keep checking to see if any proofs/images of the event get posted (how I found images of family at extended kin's events).
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    my dad is back home..he did not see a doctoc ...and he waited 17 hours some people waited 33 hours he will call the optomoetrist tomorrow morning to try to have an appointement with an optalmologist...this is ridiculus..dont go to er in qc
    Hope that the eye doctor can do an imaging on computer to see if there's a clot or other issue with your father's eye. Glad you shared your concern on the forum. (((Hugs)))
    I was worried my parent might need an ER visit on Friday afternoon but thankfully she is seemingly improving from her cold or whatever she picked up at church on April 24. Her chest sounded terrible. She's still sniffling and coughing but sounds less like a freight train.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dashed off an order for beach slides for Bro (who said he wanted a birthday present and I balked then remembered how he wore my slides last year to access the BBQ last year). The Bay had a pair on sale by same brand as mine with adjustable Velcro tabs so it's worth the shipping fee. Did look around at other stores but one store only had a smaller size and different colour. Hope it works out.

Saved $1 on jam on my small Sunday shop at Fortino's. Just glad I did a coupon walk last week (@cath007, I sent you an envelope-hopefully it arrives by Friday) at the store to locate shelf coupons. I talked to Bro about grasscutting and the topic of gas price-he said we cannot afford such luxuries. I intend to get a small gas container filled as the grass is surging and needs a cut. Wet weather for 4th day in a row. Sunshine is peeking out.

LCBO Food & Drink mag has a new issue-if you are near a store, nab your copy!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is wednesday again dont forget to save your 4 favorites pc offers if you dont use those!!! I just did mine
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Unfortunnatly masks will not be mandatory in the date of may 14 in QC...Except a few exceptions like public transports hospital,clinics,chsld and i think that it....I am not sure how I feel about that....I will go for my 4 vaccine soon dad already have it..will see...

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Did a trip to Costco tonight as the dog food is on sale for executive members and it was a very expensive trip. My dyson stick vac is dying again and I will never buy another ( not worth the price and a terrible customer service experience) so I picked up the one they have on sale and will check the reviews but for 100.00 even if it lasts a year I will be ahead.
    We have had lots of rain so the gardens are wet, I took advantage of that and planted the early seeds like lettuce and beets. I can’t wait for the fresh produce.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Nice to see you posting @Ciel21 I appreciate too that you are sending me an enveloppe of coupons !!! That is very nice of you who still think of me and do that.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Does anyone tasted the pure leaf ice tea raspberries..oh my gosh a glass sometime is so good and refreshing..I wish and dream a coupon exist for that in the future..Yes I know about the pure leaf ice tea less sugar fpc but I dont have it and people wl are crazy plus i dont see that variety in my store...grrr
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, May 4th, 2022 at 10:59 PM.
    harbie, Purdee and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad news today he called with no chance the line at his clinic and another one...I said him go and maybe they will do something for you...jackpot they had a cancellation and they give him..so he got to see a dre same as me with my nail....and she will call and dont give up an optalmologist so hopefully an appointement is on the menu soon that is a progress at least

My godmother grandson went to er this morning and only waited 3 and a half hour..like seriously....&?&*?&*? I am happy for him but not fair for my dad...

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    They are shutting off our water for an hour and a half this morning to do some work. We have filled everything that needs water, the kettle, water bottles, an extra jug of water.

The turning off the water has put a bit of a damper on my plans for today. I had planned to wash sheets today but will have to hold off. Maybe tomorrow.

Not much got done around the house yesterday, I pushed through and got a work things done and mid afternoon I started to get a horrible headache. It felt like a weather headache but not weather was coming in.

Because of my headache we switched up dinner last night, I was going to make Taco Pie but switched to Nachos to keep it simple. By dinner time I was feeling done and needed simple. Luckily after dinner the headache started to ease off as I had considered skipping dinner and just going to bed.

Tonight's dinner is still a bit of a mystery. I have not decided if I am going to go grocery shopping or not today.

Talked to Mom she is not for putting up the bookshelf without painting but we have decided to just paint the corner for now so we can put the bookcase up and deal with the rest of the hall later. Now my plan is to clear out the corner tomorrow, wash the wall, paint the wall Saturday and build the bookcase on Sunday.

Truth be told, I really want to tackle the Dining Room but I need to focus and tackle one thing at a time which is not my strong suit. I want to do all of the things all at once which is usually my downfall.

Happy Thursday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Nice sunny start to the day here! Amazing how sunshine can put you in a good mood!

I needed to get out of the house yesterday so went to RCSS and FB. Well FB had an empty bunker with a sign $1.99 LB for Lean ground beef. Continued through the store and then had to go back that way to grab something and saw a guy wheel out a cart full of the lean beef I bought 25LBS. Went home and cooked up some and made taco meat. Made meatballs and cooked them. Have a package in the fridge to make meat sauce today and the rest I packaged up for the freezer. Great timing as I think I have only one package in the freezer.

Crazy work day again today. Almost TGIF! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Suppose to be warmer later today (DS wore a t-shirt today and told me it will be hot lol) So will go for a walk down by the water after work.
    I took inventory of my summer capris last night so I knew where they were when needed (hanging in my closet!) I'm summer ready. Swimsuit was new last year (I wash and hang to dry so stays nice and new) Treated myself to a new beach towel and my sister bought me a beach chair. Bring on beach days!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Morning everyone.

Work was crazy yesterday again and I have more days ahead like that this week. Panago pizza was dinner last night. I really didn’t want to order out but Dh insisted because I was bagged after work. Good thing is that there are leftovers for tonight. I’ll need that after todays work…..

More crappy rain here today and all day too . I’m leaving all my home chore until the weekend since I can’t even think when I get home.

Off to work now , enjoy your day

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

my dad is at the optalmologist with his sister he will pass tests hope to know more soon

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-so glad your dad got into see the opthmalogist,i have one i see every 7 months to check my eyes as my dad had glacouma.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Managed to find the May 2022 Consumer Reports magazine yesterday before leaving the library. Article on air fryers, how US consumers can save $ with online pharmacies for medicines but there are drawbacks. Article on how to tackle home clutter.

Last night, I walked (with my trusty cart) to get some gas for the mower (still awaiting reassembly) as price was $1.844 at both the full service station and the Esso self serve. Today's price is $1.848. 6 litres cost me $11.06. More wet weather is on way so I want some grass cut today while Mr. Wind is around to dry the grass and Ms Sunshine keeps spring warm weather hopes aloft.

I did find a quarter on the road near a crosswalk on the way to the gas station, so I managed to collect it! Nice score, considering the slim treasure finds of the past several months.

Community paper showed up just after 5am and Walmart flyer was inside along with Denningers flyer.

Have to get a quick peek at today's local paper before heading for other errands on way home. Make the most of the sunshine if it's lurking in your part of Canada!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information