PC Optimum - $20
    Air Miles - $70
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $10
    Stuff Sold - $50
    Tim’s Rewards - $1.10
    Circle K wins - $21
    Money found - $0.10
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

New prizes on Chapman’s website. Thermo snack bags.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Off on a vacation day today and getting some things done.

Did some running around. Picked up a hanging plant for my mom for Mother's day. Plan on picking her up on the weekend and taking her out for breakfast.

Trying to stay on top of our groceries. (Have a back up almond milk/sandwich meat etc) I bought fresh no sugar bread on the weekend for DS's school lunch this week. Packing his bento box with the sandwich and cucumbers. (no fresh berries this week- too pricey and not nice looking) He has the frozen fruit for his smoothies.

Topped up the gas tank. It hurts. But it is what it is.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, May 2nd, 2022 at 01:49 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My dad is still in waiting room in er...it is very difficult to see a doctor...they have to pass the emergencies more important than him before..
    lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Please pray for my dad he have a problem to an eye...he will go to emergency to go see an ophtalmologist but it seems serious...I am afraid so I said it to his 2 sisters.
    Plus today it is the anniversary of the dead of my brother....it was the birthday of my dear beloved mother the april 29 and will be mother day soon...what a bad start to this week... thanks @lillo003 for starting the new thread i was not in the mood to do it...so sorry
    @cath007 Sorry about your Dad’s difficulties and your own.Praying for all concerned!
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did not get all the things done I wanted to today but I still had a good day.

I am starting to feel a little bit more like myself but I also know I have been in this spot before and this is the slippery slope stage. It could go either way at this point but happy to be feeling better.

Laundry is done, wash, dried, folded, just need to put away before bed. No bedding done, I will aim for later in the week.

Dishwasher was emptied and reloaded, I did not get the hand dishes done, there is always tomorrow.

Cleaned the light fixture in the bathroom. This will need to be replaced, it is one of those one with the piece of wood on the back but the wood has come loose so I took it down. The fixture never really worked in the bathroom, it does not go with the rest of the decor.

I got most of the stuff for the Bathroom Closest put away except the toilet paper and kleenex. Will aim to do this before bed.

I feel like I need a month where I can just focus on house stuff but reality says that will not happen. We are still short staffed at work and when we aren't I will have people to train, it is a vicious circle.

For now I will be happy with what I got done today and we shall see what tomorrow brings.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

my dad is back home..he did not see a doctoc ...and he waited 17 hours some people waited 33 hours he will call the optomoetrist tomorrow morning to try to have an appointement with an optalmologist...this is ridiculus..dont go to er in qc

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

will need to grab a few fresh veggies at the store today hoping the prices are in my favour.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

my dad is back home..he did not see a doctoc ...and he waited 17 hours some people waited 33 hours he will call the optomoetrist tomorrow morning to try to have an appointement with an optalmologist...this is ridiculus..dont go to er in qc

@cath007 sorry to hear that your dad did not get to see a Dar at the ER. Hoping today he has better luck

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Wow! 17 hours not to see a dr is crazy. Here you have better luck with an ER dr or your own dr than an ophthalmologist. My Dh wanted to see on and they told him it’s a min wait of a year! He went to the optometrist instead and luckily they could figure it out and it wasn’t anything serious. Hope your dad gets the help he needs

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The ER's are crazy right now-my niece has been in the ER since Sunday night with breathing troubles needing O2-the only bed they have for her is the Covid ward so of course they do not want to put her there. Hopefully she will be able to go home soon.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

my dad called his optometrist no one there today..only 1 optometrist he is on emergency waiting line ...the other place dont want him since he have no files and dont accept new patients...he will call his doctor clinic tomorrow....wishing better luck...

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I just did an inventory of my basement pantry. I am often buying stuff on sale only to realize I already have two of it at home. So now I have a good grasp of what we have and can plan meals around it and I know what is low so I can start looking for deals. I am also going to switch up my breakfast as I bought cereal for me 6 months ago and then proceeded to eat yogurt every day. So its cereal for the next while. Even my kids are paying attention to the rising cost of food and the one that cooks has been planning meals with what needs to be used up. So that is appreciated.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Worked in our branch that is short staffed yesterday and wow were they busy. I was going over some paperwork and by far yesterday was he busiest day in a few weeks. I was teasing them that they let everyone know I was coming so I would get to deal with all the paperwork LOL, they burst by bubble by saying no, actually forgot you were coming until we saw you sitting in the office.

Waiting to hear back, we might have an "issue" coming up with being super short staffed. We have some people on vacation but we now also have staff off in quarantine so not sure if my help will be needed.

I thought about stopping for groceries last night since there are more options for shopping when I work in this branch but when I looked at my lists, there was not anything we needed. Decided to wait and see if this week's sales are better. I have not looked at the flyers but I did just see the front page on my app and it looks like there will be some fresh stuff on sale I will pick up.

Last night when I got home I was thinking about stuff we need to tackle around the house, there is a lot I want to get done before the hot weather comes (no AC problems) as once the hot weather comes the house will suffer. Even day to day cleaning does not get done because it is too hot. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with everything we need to tackle.

Think I will chat with Mom today and see if we get some stuff moving forward, there are some things I need her to do so I can do my part. If she can sort what she is keeping and what is going, I can move what we are keeping and take out what we are getting rid of and then move forward from there. I think I have decided we will delay painting until the Fall. We need to paint but trying to paint with everything else we need to get done just feels like too much right now.

Happy Wednesday Everyone, we have reached the mid way point.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Work is crazy I just try to get through one day at a time. It's all I can do. Not going to let it stress me out.

Fridge needs a good clean out. I think I will do that while cooking dinner tonight. Dinner is BLSL chicken breast (from freezer-thawed overnight) Will cook it in the cast iron pan with coconut oil and spices, Broccoli (free from No Frills- needs to be used up) Roasted veggies from freezer that need to be used up (tons of bags with little bits in them.) Healthy dinner!

Laundry is caught up. Just have a basket of towels and undies and socks to put away. I plan on washing my comforter and sheets but think I will take to the laundry mat again (don't want to make my washer work to hard) Then I can use hot hot water and not feel guilty . I will take it there tonight I think and then give my room a once over.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, May 4th, 2022 at 10:11 AM.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information