User Tag List

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Today it’s just DH and I home for dinner as the boys drove down to take their grandfather to the hospital as they want to see their granny. We really think we are end stage now so they did not want to delay, my MIL IS 89 and with a broken hip it’s rarely a positive outcome.
    I took my 88-yr old mother to her new family doctor and we all had a chat. The doc prescribed some medication that might help her bone density because he was worried about her falling and possibly breaking a hip. He told me that falls were the primary concern for everyone at that age, because a broken hip (even with successful surgery) often means the end of life within 6 months to a year. That scares me and makes me worry even more. She doesn't go out walking anywhere, now, but a simple tumble off a chair or stair might be enough to start her end.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

On Tuesday I drove out to my new school to have a little meeting with the principal, get my keys, laptop, textbooks, resources, and see my classrooms. I’ll use a cart to take my stuff with me when I’m teaching the elementary classes. The older classes of students come to my classroom or science lab.

I viewed a small old house and arranged to rent it. The rent is reasonable and includes all utilities. The house also includes basic furnishings. The house has a weird layout and low ceilings in the 1/2 basement, but it’ll work fit my purposes. I’m preparing a list of what else I’ll want to bring with me in August. I’ve already started to purchase some items and bought duplicate hygiene items, etc.

Our kids are fighting a stubborn virus and I have now caught a sinus infection.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jul 7th, 2022 at 11:07 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    We have a Crock-Pot (slow-cooker) thread here on the forum: https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/376810...thread-canada/

Suggest you look at mordu.ca (where most of the shows on Radio-Canada have their recipes) and also try www.ricardocuisine.com (because Ricardo also had a slow cooker in his kitchen appliance lineup).

Remember about two months ago how I mentioned there is a veggie bacon recipe using eggplant and liquid smoke (and lots of time)? Last night on L'Epicerie, the zero waste segment on using food scraps talked about banana bacon! Banana peels have the ends taken off, the fibres are scraped off the inside of the peels then peels are dunked into a sauce made with maple syrup, soy sauce and something else before being pan-fried.
    @Ciel21 : Thank you so much for pointing that thread out,I was not aware .And thanks for the links too !!! I will make sure to check those
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : I am amazed to see how well you are doing and organizated,Good job on renting a small house.Sorry about thst virus
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    On Tuesday I drove out to my new school to have a little meeting with the principal, get my keys, laptop, textbooks, resources, and see my classrooms. I’ll use a cart to take my stuff with me when I’m teaching the elementary classes. The older classes of students come to my classroom or science lab.

I viewed a small old house and arranged to rent it. The rent is reasonable and includes all utilities. The house also includes basic furnishings. The house has a weird layout and low ceilings in the 1/2 basement, but it’ll work fit my purposes. I’m preparing a list of what else I’ll want to bring with me in August. I’ve already started to purchase some items and bought duplicate hygiene items, etc.

Our kids are fighting a stubborn virus and I have now caught a sinus infection.
    @Angela 279 I am happy you find some where to rent and everything seems to be going smoothly so far.

Sorry to hear that the kids are fighting a virus hoping they feel better soon .
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good very earlier morning everyone!!!
    Happy Friday,TGIF still haha
    Yesterday was a very productive day in my tasks to do...I cleaned the fridge and small fridge.Everthing is sorted and organized.Now I know my dates and where the things are belong to go.I will clean the freezer and defrost the small freezer today.

I put 1 shelve for beverages ,1 shelve for meat,1shelve for veggies and fruits and bread,cheese and the rest in the 2 under drawers
    It is so neat now,no more messy all over,just need to kept a routine and organize.
    I have a big watermelon to cut to snack on.
    Now I just have to put the garbages 2 bags in trash and go to public harvest today and the 2 others things mentionned higher.
    I learned the hard way yesterday to not stock to much and place at proper place things.So the wasting part I dont like it..but the neat part yes.
    Have a good day!!!
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Let's get this crazy work day out of the way and start the weekend!

DS and his friends started a project yesterday. Cleaning/Setting up the basement. Decided to move the projector down there so they mudded/sanded and painted a wall white! I can't wait to take a look at it when I get home from work today and see the progress.

Dinner tonight- Thinking Chicken kabobs on the bbq, rice and salad. (I cooked a pot of rice last night to make it easier tonight )

Have a wonderful day and weekend! I hope to get lots done around the house
    harbie, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Re eliminating paper flyers

These companies have the assumption that everyone has data and therefore they can save money by not printing flyers. I enjoy looking through paper flyers, and circling what I need. I will bring the flyer into the store with me, otherwise I will forgot to pick up sale items.

Its annoying for me as I don't have data, I'm at the mercy of the stores' wifi. None of the stores close to my home price match, and I refuse to drive far, as it appears to be a hassle by what I have heard and with the price of gas, it would cost me more.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Jul 8th, 2022 at 11:28 AM.
    harbie, cath007, HermanH and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Dh was so sweet as to take the last of the coffee this morning so I stopped by Costco and grabbed it as well as a 3pk of bread and a bag of jalapeño lime tortilla chips. Stopped by the horticulture location of the university to get some veggies. Baby kale, big tomatoes (not beefsteaks but more like the vine ripe large ones) cherry tomatoes ( we eat them like candy. Soooooo yummy).

Had to go into ICBC to clear up an insurance issue. I received a couple of calls about my “claim” and then how it was denied because both cars were AB plates and therefore ICBC (insurance corporation of BC) doesn’t cover them. Funny thing is they had our phone number on file but we have no connection to AB. Someone either gave the wrong contact number or they mistyped it. Anyways it’s been flagged so hopefully they won’t call again and the rightful people will be contacted.

Bills are paid in full today, vacation days from work are booked. Now just need to book a hotel when visiting family.

Off to check on the garden.
    @harbie is Dh still alive for taking the last coffee?

I hope you clear up the insurance issue, that must be so frustrating! They have no problems taking your money but if you make a claim, they treat you differently.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@HermanH also a person can hit their head and have a subdural hematoma and if not attending to asap at emergency, can cause a fast, declining death as it is very traumatic to the whole body. Apparently as we get older our brains shrunk and this is more likely. I too thought a broken hip was the worse thing for an elderly person, until my mother died one month after having a massive hematoma in her early 70's.
    harbie, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

grr I types a nice post and my computer erase it...have problem with sudently freezing grr

anyway I took the trashs and put them in the garbage bin they are now so full grrr.
    went to public harvest purchased a holliday treat for me 6 patisseries dessert funny wub more than 6 no taxes...so I took 6 I prefer to eat than paying darn taxes!!!!

I will move to defrost the small beverages fridge and freezer... and clean purge the freezer

QOTD; For those of you who have cats do you have a bin to remove and put the dirty litter...I dont have one at the moment and that smell and not hygenic..so I will go see some at mondoux pet store this afternoon I think..The price range at 21$ plus the refill bags plus taxes...a long term investment..just need to convince dad haha about that lol

Enjoy the day

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Its annoying for me as I don't have data, I'm at the mercy of the stores' wifi. None of the stores close to my home price match, and I refuse to drive far, as it appears to be a hassle by what I have heard and with the price of gas, it would cost me more.
    I not only do not have data, I don't even have a dial tone (service!). I only connect to wi-fi and cannot believe how horrid the service most establishments do or, more accurately, do not provide. In return for their poor wi-fi coverage, I try to limit my visits to those businesses that at least give me some wi-fi support and pretend that they want my patronage.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today went to son's to watch the girls ,then son came in at 9.30 .Hubby and son put up a garage door opener at son's (in this heat).Girls were upset no t.v so play memory games and we painted .

I popped over to freshco as we are going away on monday ,They dont price match metro .I was a little ticked as they p.m real canadian superstore,i asked tyhe supervisor why -she said head offices call .The R.C.SS is so far away from freshco same as metro ,so i put the cereal and chips back.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on price matching by phone-clearly I will have to check out some new to me apps!!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

With dad agreement I made the decision to go ahead and purchase the litter dirty bin and refill at mondoux.It came to 46$ for all..It is a long term investment.I had a 15$ saving from sale...A little ticked and per chance I always have cash in my wallet because today they where a problem and I needed to paid cash

The small fridge is defrosting on the balcony.All the cold things was moved to the big fridge in this time
    Will do the freezer cleaning after dinner
    Dinner; PC garlic and herbs shrimps,and salad and maybe a rice
    It is nice and sunny,24 degres

Enjoy the rest of the day!!!

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information