User Tag List

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Frugalbigmama : wow on the a while ago 2,99$ fruits bags and clearance ones a while back that you are still using ..what a steal of a deal score @SassyAshley : wow on the rising price of the frozen fruits at Costco..unbelievable...

ok off to do some cleaning
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Getting the laundry done today before we head out today. Yesterday we did a just over 10km walk/run around the lake but that means I didn’t do any household chores so now I’m doing it before leaving.

Grocery list is made. Only getting a few things because I’m not happy with this weeks prices. Hoping next sales will be better.

6 month budget review with Dh was done this morning. Still over my grocery budget for the months but I’m not really sure how much more I can cut it down. I’m over $156 a month which I guess isn’t too bad but I really want to try and fix that.

Going to check out some new running shoes. I’ve been waiting for the new ones to be released and while they’ve been out for a few months it’s now in the budget to get them! Yes, I have a bit of an addiction to running shoes, trail shoes, hikers, etc….. no more stilettos for this girl!
    Me too! Love new running shoes!! But they are a must if you walk/run a lot. I change mine often. Love love my slip on Puma runner. Sadly my sister's dog chewed the insole- twice! I would love another pair but I can't seem to find them.
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama: wow on the a while ago 2,99$ fruits bags and clearance ones a while back that you are still using ..what a steal of a deal score @SassyAshley: wow on the rising price of the frozen fruits at Costco..unbelievable...

ok off to do some cleaning
    thanks! It was a a deal. .94 cents for 2.7 Kg! I bought 12 bags. They take up lots of room but so worth it. Wish I bought the other 4 bags I left lol.
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@cath007 if you make it to Costco this week frozen strawberry’s are in sale for 9.99. I eat plain yogurt and frozen berries for breakfast every day and raspberries used to be my go to but when the price went to 22.00 I switched. I find the strawberries to be much sweeter but for 50% less money I have learned to love them. The mixed berries are not bad but it’s lot of blueberries so it’s likely cheaper to just buy blueberries and make my own mix.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Me too! Love new running shoes!! But they are a must if you walk/run a lot. I change mine often. Love love my slip on Puma runner. Sadly my sister's dog chewed the insole- twice! I would love another pair but I can't seem to find them.
    I’m a runner and my treat to myself when I’ve completed the 10k sun run I purchase the new NB 1080v series. So far I have the V10’s, V11’s and tomorrow I will be getting the V12’s.

Actually my V10’s ended up being free when they had a scratch promo where you could win the entire purchase and I actually won a free purchase! I wish I had bought more in the other colours

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I’m a runner and my treat to myself when I’ve completed the 10k sun run I purchase the new NB 1080v series. So far I have the V10’s, V11’s and tomorrow I will be getting the V12’s.
    I always invest in good equipment. The long-term benefits usually out-weigh the costs.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Per chance anyone of you use greek yogurt???How much is a good sale price and what brand do you use for your cooking and your snacks?Thanks ( i use it in my smooties,want to use it in my parfait with fruits and cooking so it is now a staple but very expensive)
    Does Costco have greek yogurt?
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jul 12th, 2022 at 07:10 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @cath007 if you make it to Costco this week frozen strawberry’s are in sale for 9.99. I eat plain yogurt and frozen berries for breakfast every day and raspberries used to be my go to but when the price went to 22.00 I switched. I find the strawberries to be much sweeter but for 50% less money I have learned to love them. The mixed berries are not bad but it’s lot of blueberries so it’s likely cheaper to just buy blueberries and make my own mix.
    @lilo0003 ; Thanks for pointing that out,I will definately check this !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday did not go as planned. I was supposed to be working from home catching up on the things, although I did some work over the weekend I am still super behind. Got a call from a manager asking what I was doing, as soon as they asked I knew. Our transfer driver was not in and there was no truck to go between our branches, this is a service we rely on and this manager has his license. So off I went to cover him so he could go get the truck.

On the way home I stopped at Food Basics, I bought avocados last week but forgot the limes, at Food Basics I got:
    1 x Limes 2lbs $2.98
    3 x Peaches $0.99/lb
    1 x Kiwi 600g $3.99

Nothing big but a few more options, depending on what I can find on sale when the flyers change this week, I might plan a fruit salad.

Before I came into work I did finish putting the Pork Roast in the Slow Cooker, it was good but came out a little tough and not sure why.
    On the side I made Instant Pot Rice, I made 4 cups to have some leftover for a meal later in the week, nope, we got 4 containers of leftovers and all the rice was used.
    I had some snap peas I got for $2 with a pink sticker at No Frills last week or the week before so I made a Snap Pea & Mushroom Stir fry.
    It was a good dinner and now to figure out tonight's dinner.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Tue, Jul 12th, 2022 at 07:19 AM.
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , yes Costco does sell Greek Yogurt. I buy the 3-pack of Kirkland Greek Yogurt, we like it best as we use it a lot in our cooking and baking. I have been known for dressing or salads that call for Sour Cream I will use half Sour Cream (for the flavour) and half Greek Yogurt and no one notices. I think it is $9.99 for the 3-pack.

I think it cost a little bit more than some sales you can find in store but Greek Yogurt for me is one of those things where I only like certain brands. I find some brands are almost grainy, the texture for me is off putting. Personally, I do not like the PC brand or Astro which is my go to for regular yogurt.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : thanks . I will check this out because I pay the Oikos 5$ in sale and the Liberte is a little bit more expensive so 9,99$ for 3 pack sound good.!!!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!
    Kind of a boring day,will continue my to do list haha.Some rain all the days is predicted...
    I watched the new flyers,except the GT and WM ones,I dont see a lots of things interesting and exciting ...
    I really would love if it was the time of the peach and the cherries,the prices dont drop at the moment so I will wait to purchase some.
    Yesterday,we finally accomplished the cleaning and purging of the freezer...that give me a big headache ..because I hate wasting things..but many expired things and unfresh things to be tossed away in garbage...grrr
    Now I will rotate mor often and I know what thing we are eating so not to much stocking..
    I also fixed the kitchen table paths who were loose...I was tired of that haha
    Another hurt was cleaning my binder so much expired coupons...I dont have many left..so will try to find some or writhe to compagnies.
    I made greek yogurt triple berries popsicles,.tasted one they are delicious.
    But my mangos where not ripe so ..I will do something else with those later..
    Have a good day!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Actually my V10’s ended up being free when they had a scratch promo where you could win the entire purchase and I actually won a free purchase! I wish I had bought more in the other colours
    Fancy lol. I have a new pair as back up but thinking a visit to the outlet mall is in my future

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just a heads up that the canned beans at Walmart are .97 cents this week. For anyone that was stocking up their pantry. This is a before inflation sale price for sure (miss .88 sales but seeing higher prices for sure)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fresh produce (local)is high in price because a newspaper article stated that farmers had to use irrigation to make up for a dry June. They want a good soaking rain. Our area got one at 9pm last night! Now I want peaches too, @cath007 !
    That explains the $4.99 for a one-pound clamshell of sweet cherries. I have not checked out prices at the farmer's market yet as I'm waiting for the OTB cheque tomorrow (also market day-might make a go of it by bus).
    Thankful for the gusty winds yesterday and today-makes the humidity/heat more bearable. Had some trash blow into yard as a result that I collected while looking for fallen branches. Some trees never fail to surprise me with long very dry sticks or narrow limbs during wind events.

On the topic of frozen fruits-current sale price (unless one's a PC Opt member and gets rarer better price) is $4.99 for the PC Fruits (one variety or mixes; grocery stores usually have all varieties while Shoppers usually has Strawberries and maybe one other berry in stock in smaller locations). But the bag weight used to be about 600g>now more like 400g. I have not seen a $3.99 non-loyalty member price on the product in weeks.
    Compliments frozen fruit blends with berries-all seem to contain strawberries (good for those who like them).

My brother likes some big bag of smoothie pack fruits-probably from Costco but a top=mounted freezer loses about 1/4 of its space on shelves for the full bag, unless you want to separate the packs and wedge them into freezer door shelves. Just a warning from someone constantly looking for freezer room when she buys frozen goods and sibling hogs the space with his stuff.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information