User Tag List

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m feeling the pressure to make the most of the time home with my kids. I’ve decided a different priority for different days this week. Baking, crafts, science experiments, etc. Still have some medical appointments and kids programs this week too. I’m looking into getting my next COVID booster…I felt very sick from my booster last December, but I think it’s important to do it again before returning to the classroom. SK just announced that people my age will be eligible soon, I’ll call public health in the morning in hopes of getting more details.

I still need to continue planning for my students…most of the initial days at the new school are full of scheduled meetings. I’ll still have time to continue planning after the dedicated school hours are officially over each day. I fully anticipate eating supper at the school for a while.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Garbage was just picked up. I'm going to spray the bin with the hose. The garbage company attached a flyer on our bin a few weeks in with info on a bin cleaning service. $25 per month I think was the price. Haha. I laughed.
    We had an old cheap kitchen table (It was my grandparents I'm sure) (we used it in basement/garage etc) Moved it around lots and it finally was left outside last winter. So of course it was garbage. It was finally brittle enough to break up and put in the bin- half of it. I will put the other half in the bin after I wash it. Happy to have that gone!!

I made eggs and a piece of rye toast for breakfast. And had some watermelon.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Labelled all the school supplies. It took over an hour. Then the bags will be ready for the back to school bbq on Aug 30.

I just talked with a public health nurse. They’re making a 2hr Moderna clinic Thursday morning. Now I know to keep checking that website. They know teachers will be looking for their booster shot. I’m able to book at my pharmacy on Friday. Still hoping to find weekend appointment, especially for Dh. All clinics that I’ve found are during regular work hours and he doesn’t work in town.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 15th, 2022 at 12:07 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just cleaned out my shopping bag (holds my flyers, coupons I want to use and change I want to use). I have over $100 in change for the next weeks shopping
    ($98 in loonies alone!) Will use this to stock up the freezer/pantry.

I have tons of FPC's I need to redeem so I have put my coupon wallet in my shopping bag so I can redeem them the next week or so before the August 31st expiry.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Halloween. I am on the hunt for stuff to hand out. Want to get good stuff and decorate a bit this year.
    Missed it in 2019 (away for family wedding/vacation) 2020 (Neighbours weren't handing out because of Covid so I didn't)
    Last year I handed out for a bit but it wasn't the large crowd as usual. (and it was a crappy night)
    What deals do you see?

I have the Oasis Juice FPC so I think I will redeem for drinking boxes for the little ones.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I need Halloween costumes for both of my boys. Twin girl picked one up at a garage sale this summer. According to gymnastics, they still have regular classes that night…so I’m not sure how much trick-or-treating they’ll do. I’ll be at the rental house on Halloween, so I’ll need candy for there and for my students.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!
    25 degres and sunny today
    Grrr nothing in the mail.. I mean coupons requested take forever to come..hopefully they will
    Ordinary day,but I had a blast opening my emails so far 10 positives responses from compagny I requested coupons hopefully FPCS and I am waiting on responses,.,,,keep them coming hahaha ...That put a smile on my face Was worried about my spelling mistakes but they did not made a problem with it!!! Yay

I will continue to writhe maybe this week end.

Have a good evening and night !!!
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Aug 15th, 2022 at 05:19 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We made it, it was a long day of driving on Saturday but a clear sunny day so that was nice. Then Sunday was cloudy and rainy but we had a lot less driving and a ferry ride so it was not too bad. We made it to my brothers in time for dinner. Today we spent the day wandering Annapolis Royal and the Fort. Now back at my brothers relaxing.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

One pan of No-Bake Chocolate Lunch Box Treat, 1/3 batch of confetti squares (finished the bag of butterscotch Chipits). 98 oatmeal kiss blossom cookies. Making supper, then banana oatmeal chocolate chip squares 9x13” pan, and 2 dozen banana chocolate chip muffins. Most of what we’ve baked today is headed for the freezer. Ds has been helping a fair bit. Anything nut free is intended for school lunches.

The contractors came to the house unannounced this morning and finally finished the stucco.

edit: There is a free street fair in town this Saturday…bouncy castles, antique car show, face painting, balloon animals, store sales. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 at the theatre for free. I think we might take our kids to it. Fun last weekend before the move, presuming my COVID vaccination goes well.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 15th, 2022 at 09:50 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cheese. Really need to take advantage of sales/point offers. WOW the regular prices are just crazy and I will never pay $8.99 for a block of cheese.

No Frills has the No Name cheese on for $3.97 (member pricing) I had a personal offer so I grabbed 4 x Old (for mac and cheese) March 2023 Expiry date
    Received 2400 PC pts

Food Basics has the Black Diamond cheddar slices for $4.44 I think it is. I have coupons buy 2 save $3 and a personal PC pts offer of 600 pts per $3.
    Good for DS for school lunch sandwiches. (I would just buy blocks and slice but this is not a bad deal) and then we will be well stocked. So I will price match at RCSS tomorrow.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl : I agree ,the prices of clothing and childrens clothing is awfull...But at least we know how to shop with the sales in Smart Canucks haha !!! Great deals as always

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Frugalbigmama: I agree cheese is so expensive when not in sale and no coupons...
    Love your handfulls of FPCS,I hope to have a good collection somedays too haha!!!
    Just a liitle bit curious how do you collect so many hahah trading compagny requests maybe?
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Aug 15th, 2022 at 09:34 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama: I agree cheese is so expensive when not in sale and no coupons...
    Love your handfulls of FPCS,I hope to have a good collection somedays too haha!!!
    Just a liitle bit curious how do you collect so many hahah trading compagny requests maybe?
    A lot of them are from the sample source that I received awhile ago. I'm usually lucky and receive all the offers and they seem to send lots of FPC's.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tuesday- Feels like another Monday! Let's get this work day out of the way.
    Tonight- Relaxing on the beach. Need to slow summer down.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

RE: Utilities.

I budget monthly:
    $75 for Water and Sewer
    $200 for Hydro and Gas(Enbridge)(Enbridge includes my hot water tank rental- I debated not renting but our town has hard water and did the math and decided to rent when I had a new one installed not long ago)
    For Hydro and Gas- in the summer the Hydro is higher (AC) and in the winter the Gas is higher (heat) So the $200 a month works it self out.
    2 years ago I decided to be strict with the utilities and set up a separate account to move over the extra each month (and if my budget doesn't cover it then I can take the money from the account) instead of just spending the difference.
    All bills are paid up to date (water is every 3 months) and I actually have a $20 credit on water and small credit on Hydro and have $475.07 sitting in my utility account.
    I feel my utility bills are fairly low. This is my worry about downsizing and then having high crazy bills. (I know we are in for high gas heating bills this winter )
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information