User Tag List

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Congratulations @cath007

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Happy December to all!!!
    I cannot believe we are already in December ...good or bad things...not sure
    *** The Subway promo buy at least a $25 GC and get a 6 inch sub free is back at least in QC..saw an add last night*** Maybe it could be worth checking if this is the case for others provinces if you are planning to get Subway
    I loved the Subway GC promo! I use to buy lots when DS was playing hockey since he loves Subway and it was great when we were out of town.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@harbie :thank you so much!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Good morning. Today is off to a pretty good start. I was scrolling IG and a couponed I follow posted a deal for a duvet from The Bay that I just couldn’t resist. I got the Fairmont duvet for $89.59 tax in for a king regularly $400! and it’s estimated to ship to my house on Dec 6th.

Thankfully it didn’t really snow here like they said it would last night so my commute should be pretty decent.

Hope everyone has a great day
    Don't tempt me! lol Don't post the link haha
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Don't tempt me! lol Don't post the link haha

Now I have to. I hope this works…

https://www.thebay.com/product/fairm...33_color=WHITE

Tip. If you haven’t signed up for emails before this is the time to do it. You get a code for $10 off wub $50

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Pouring rain here! Good day for housework.

I dropped DS off at work for 830am and then I popped into No Frills quick. Milk $4.69 less $1 coupon and bananas.
    Then Food Basics- 2 bunches of asparagus (looks really nice!!) more bananas (they are nice and green) Apples .68LB I think it was. and 2 Jars of jam for Grandma's Christmas bag (sour cherry and apricot) I am on the hunt for jam for Grandma.

I have the sink full of hot soapy water and the dishes soaking. I'm going to clean out the fridge now and organize all our fruit/veggies (we are good- we had another full bag of clementines I forgot about) The 2lb bag at Loblaws are really really good. The ones in the crate don't look nice to me at all

Ok I better get going on my housework. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath0007 congrats
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Now I have to. I hope this works…

https://www.thebay.com/product/fairm...33_color=WHITE

Tip. If you haven’t signed up for emails before this is the time to do it. You get a code for $10 off wub $50
    lol thanks.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean! (dishes drying on counter)
    Fridge cleaned out (I know what we have and the fruit is placed nicely in view )
    We have lots of veggies (asparagus/peppers/onion/English cucs and frozen stuff) Fruit we have bananas, clementines, apples and frozen fruit.
    We are good for the next week.
    On the menu one night for sure is quesidias. We have wraps to use up.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Blueberry Muffins have been made.

Well, I made the Muffins I boiled off some Pasta and pulled a random bag of Spinach from the freezer and defrosted it in the sink in cold water. Just finished putting together the Spinach Ricotta Pasta Bake for tonight's dinner.

Reorganized the fridge so I could get the pasta bake in. Found a package of grapes I forgot about, after I do the dishes I will wash these up.

Still need to do the dishes but honestly, I am impressed there aren't many, won't take too long.

Time for more tea, some muffins and then tackle the dryer.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    lol thanks.
    Sorry lol it’s just too good not to share.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath007-congrats.

Cleaning house today stripped the bed as daughter and sebastian will get here around 2.00 then daughter-in-law will drop in with the girls after cara,s gymnastics.Son will get here at 6.30 after work and we will get takeout for a treat.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Yesterday was my diplom ceremony for part one of life project(school)
    It was awesome!!! We had sparkling juice,cheese and caramel costco porcorn bags,and chocolate and I got a card from the school with all the teachers I had signed in that card.So touched messages.And I got a touching card from my godmother too.We where allowed to invite 2 persons,so I invited my dad and my godmother..THey where so proud of me !!! And I was happy to live that moment not alone,that would have been sad every 10 students where with 2 people of their familly.
    We took pictures with the diplom and toge.
    I have 4 e-mails by my school network for thanks them to send tomorrow for my appreciation.ITs great that school are interested in the succes of theirs students !!! And we got a surprise bag with a pen and a frame for putting later our graduation pictures.They will send some by email and print some to us.
    My godmother took pictures,already on my fb..so many likes and great comments!!!!
    Yes a beautifull moment of my life!!!! Feel a bit sad to the fact I will probably wont resee the school and the teachers..huh but moving forward is a good thing too.
    Just keep in touch a few times per year with those teachers (aka networking/keeping in touch/sharing opportunities they can pass along to new students!). They will know of your academic and personal successes and maybe you'll be invited or you'll offer to speak to new students in future about the program! One thing about college-some programs really tried to bring in former students who graduated to share their experiences and any current work experiences, so current students would have some insights on what they could experience.

Congratulations on your graduation! Lovely that someone took photos of the event -she deserves a card with your thanks!
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

High winds started at about 4am. Ask me how I know--the carbonated pop from the Feast for One (Mary Brown's) dinner (I could not eat the dessert pie but I had it for breakfast this morning-tea needed) last night would not give me any rest. I treated myself after two long shops at Dollarama and Giant Tiger last night (supposedly going in for a couple of items each then finding things needed, plus treats and so on...the $2.99 men's gloves at GT I saw online in late Oct/early Nov are long gone). Decided to skip surplus outlet store (have since shredded the 25% off discount email to prevent more impulse buying). My GT cashier wasn't a regular cashier as she worked in a specific dept and she had not heard about issues regarding the website upgrade, so I shared/vented. I bought a $1.25 reusable bag (the white and blue French one) as I knew a couple of regular plastic bags would not likely survive carrying my stuff home (my small tote was full from Dollarama plus I had a plastic bag as well).

Glad I went to Food Basics, Shoppers (found the $10 Cda/US LD calling card-yay) and bank earlier in afternoon-I had frozen rain (chips of ice) fall for a couple of minutes when the leaden blue sky delivered weather. The only 6packs of pop left on shelves: 1 of Dr. Pepper, 1 of 7Up and several Diet Coke. I got the Dr. Pepper and one Diet Coke for the food bank donation box, and got myself a Coke Zero Dreamworld mini bottle pkg as it was sale priced at $4.99. Sign in store had a limit of 8 6pks per customer. I saw many carts with Diet Coke pks!

Mr. Wind was gusty last night and managed to ruin at least 3 umbrella ribs when umbrella went inside out the first time. Umbrella won't fully extend. Issue is that at least two elastic cords are bulging about 2-3 inches at top of post under the nylon. Sigh. Guess I'll be removing the frame from the fabric to recycle it. Another thing to recycle: instead of just pitching it out, I will take apart my blue lightweight "spring" parka and see if I can make a bag or something out of it. Plan to save the elastic cord and toggles and recycle the metal bits. The sleeves have stretched/strained in the past two years and I have found the back of the parka too snug before my posture changed from cane use and leaning over, making the strain on coat worse. Got at least 4 years of wear--have not seen similar jackets at Winners and likely not at $30 in the future either!

Just had a laundry load finish its wash cycle. Have another load waiting to get going. Some vacuuming and sweeping are going to follow soon. More tea to lead the motivation!
    See everyone online later!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner is on the go. Cleaning up as I go.
    Making an extra portion and hiding it in the fridge for DS's dinner tomorrow night. (guess who decided to book a free hotel room with points tomorrow night ) Made arrangements for DS to be picked after work so can head to hotel as soon as he is dropped off at work in the morning.
    Enjoy the day walking around and drinking coffee Decided since the weather looked clear for tomorrow and Monday it was a good plan.

I did a load of laundry this afternoon and it is hanging up to dry.

It was so windy this afternoon but it seems quiet out now. DS said we are suppose to get 10cm of snow starting at midnight. We will see if it happens!

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information