User Tag List

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Ciel - Yes we have been trying to get a pic of the grandkids. So hard to get them all together- We have tried so many times!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @Ciel- Yes we have been trying to get a pic of the grandkids. So hard to get them all together- We have tried so many times!
    Make a collage of snaps they've posted of themselves online, if there are suitable ones! Outfox the kids.
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had a late breakfast and had my tea! Opportunity to vacuum the living room and restore the metal tab on the rod with sheer curtains (it was missing when Bro and I hoisted the rod back into place on Sunday-found tab and screw behind loveseat). Decided to plug small hole in corner of floor (was used for cable tv decades ago) with a white eraser, as curtain glides and occasional hooks for pinch pleat (the one hook kind, not the three prong kind) to bounce and skid on the floor when they fall into the living room's "Bermuda Triangle." Did not have a small cork on hand as I had purged many a couple of years ago in order to cut down clutter in the kitchen tools drawer.

Noticed one bathroom item is almost depleted. Adding to the list...and will add a few coupons to tag along with it.

It still looks wet and gray outside. Need to take a walk today and the motivation is missing, but I shall look at tomorrow's forecast to get some forward motion going.
    First, I must update the contest FB threads. Never know who might win a prize this week!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

popped over to sobeys -who hooo redeemed 10.00 in points for 10.00 off .
    A few deals i got
    (4) lasagna stouffers small box on sale 2/5.50 =2.75-.50 cpn=2.24 each-found this great cpn today
    reduced watermelon 3 slices 2.37-1.00=1.37
    plus a few more items,oh and the whole pad was ripped off of the 2.00 rice krispie cereal i would have loved a few of those as hubby and i eat this cereal a lot some days -greedy people out there

Then popped over to dollarama spent more in there than sobeys $35! I got 3 colouring books in a bundle 2.50 so .83 cents each and one is moana and cara loves moana .
    (2)playdoh stretch and mold a new one 4 mall containers 4.75 got the last 2
    got stocking stuffers for the adults plus napkins,gum etc

I tell you more people are shopping dollarama than ever,it was busy.

Please keep my hairdressers mother(i have known the family for yrs) in your prayers as she is in hospital,she may have to have an operation.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Dec 6th, 2022 at 02:16 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Prayer's for your Hairdresser's Mother @coupon girl
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ugh, today is just not my day, I should have skipped it.

I woke up the invoices from the Rental Company, it is a bit of a mess but should be sorted out tomorrow. They are issuing a refund but it takes 24 hours so the invoice is locked until that happens. Then there is a fee I have to pay that insurance would not cover, but it was not mentioned to me until I got the bill this morning.

It has to be the location I dealt with as they sent Bro to another location and they told him this when he picked up his rental and for him, it was taken care of when he dropped off the car. Where is the location I was sent to never mentioned it when I picked up the car or dropped off the car off. Not to mention they had me add a service I did not need, telling me I had but insurance caught it and got it refunded, thankfully.

I will admit today has kind of knocked me. I got to a place where I did not think about the accident, and now it just all flooded back and immediately my anxiety kicked in. So now I have kind of crashed, I had the anxiety high and now I am in the crash and all I want to do is sleep now.

Work has also been insane today. So much going on and coming my way as we prepare for inventory and year-end and I am just spinning which isn't helping.

Around the house, I got laundry done and that is my big win for the day. I can be realistic that nothing will happen after dinner.

Dinner is Baked Tacos with Mexican Sweet Potatoes.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Tue, Dec 6th, 2022 at 03:38 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just got my clinque set i paid $33 after raketan and it is so nice -well worth it these gift sets when on sale super cheap.

I just spent an hour talking with an 80 yr old friend i use to work with ,so happy as she is moving out of a rented part of a house (with an awfull landlord ) into an apt in january .She has no family just her and her cat ,so she loves to chat with me the odd time .

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

the day is all but over now, it was a busy one for me.
    First though, @SassyAshley it is common for stress and anxiety to be triggered and having the accident in your brain again sure proves it.
    I hope you at least took some time to just sleep or knock the negativity out of your memory. (((hugs )))
    @coupon girl friendships that benefit both parties like you have with your elderly ex co-worker are wonderful. Sometimes the topics discussed have no real importance
    other than to catch up and enjoy a few laughs.

My day started early. Went to get gas, then WM, FB and Cdn Tire. In between those stores I had to try 3 different locations of Tim's before one had the Old fashioned plain
    Timbits ( using them for a cute Appy idea at Christmas ) so the entire box of 50 were transferred to a double zippered bag, air tight and in the freezer till later in December.
    Once home I started making sausage rolls. The Puff pastry and breakfast sausages yielded me 55 of them. Those and a batch of asparagus wrapped Puff pastry delectable's
    are all in their own Ziplock bags and frozen till the partying begins!

Understandably I crashed asleep the minute I ate a meal. Hope I can stay awake to watch the Leafs WIN!!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I just got my clinque set i paid $33 after raketan and it is so nice -well worth it these gift sets when on sale super cheap.

I just spent an hour talking with an 80 yr old friend i use to work with ,so happy as she is moving out of a rented part of a house (with an awfull landlord ) into an apt in january .She has no family just her and her cat ,so she loves to chat with me the odd time .
    The connection to people is so vital! I am going to say something that your friend needs to consider: does she have a will and power(s) of attorney drafted? Also who is her backup person for looking after the cat (if friend is too ill or away-are there insurance plans for vet visits or funds for catsitter) or taking custody of the cat should the cat outlive her? I mention the cat because a cat belonging to family of a friend of Mom's was basically shunted out (without cat supplies/food/money) to a sibling without any discussion/cat care funds or cat food by the sibling with estate duties for their late parent (happened several years ago). Cat was actually third sibling's pet but that sibling died suddenly about a year before parent did (they all lived in same residence).
    Last edited by Ciel21; Tue, Dec 6th, 2022 at 06:50 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-yes i am sure she has a will drafted and a power of attorney ,she does have an older sister up north with 2 nieces(i didnt mention this as she is all alone in our city).

She worked in a bank for many years-plus she does mention that her friends daughter helps her out with this new move to another apt.

I am just a former co-worker (worked 12 yrs with her) who listens and we talk about inflation ,world politics,arthritis,she loves to hear about my grown kids and grandkids,coupons ,the flu shot just a hodge pod of topics .We will get together and eat lunch out in a swiss chalet in january sometime,she said .

I also like to give her a small treat for her kitten and a small gift for herself even if it is after xmas .Yes she does have a friend that loves kittens .Thanks for the concern ciel.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Dec 6th, 2022 at 07:38 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

New Yellow Pages phone directory came in today's mail (hurrah) along with a second copy of the Cdn Tire flyer. Noticed one residence's listing has been removed from the book. Will leaf through to see which new to 2022 businesses added or updated their listings in the White Pages. I make a point to cross out closed businesses or jot revised addresses or phone numbers in this directory. Will see if local schools have correct new names showing too (they still had old names in last year's books-guess board staff did not know about the fee per listing to update the directory listings after the name changes took effect so I reached out to last school trustee).

Milk Calendars are available at Longos-Mom got another copy during her shopping trip.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early and getting all of the things done or trying to.

I am really trying to be positive and keep smiling (although working remotely, no one sees the smile).

By 7 am, I was on my second load of bedding, my sheets are in the dryer and my pillows are in the washer. I still need to wash my comforter, that is next.

Last night, I sat down and organized my work to-do list. We are 100% in year-end/inventory chaos. Yesterday was not my best day, I kept up the best I could but there is some overflow into today on things I need to get done and tackle.

Today's goal is to clear up the Rental Car Drama, I should get my refund today and can pay the outstanding invoice. I need to focus and knock things off both the work and home to-do lists. I am confident if I stay focused I can get it done.

Happy Wednesday.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

******** Reminder dont forgot to save yours pc offers ***************
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am sick since yesterday with a killer migraine,runny nose and sore throat,no it is not covid,just the stress.....not sure the school will understand that...but my health is important to me..so I am home.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , hope you feel better soon
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information