User Tag List

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning everybody and thanks again ,goodboy,walkonby,sassy giseledta,flemeth,herman ,barbis and harbie for all the support and lovely comments.

Yes she does own more than us my friend and she would find it awfull if i told her about my thrift shopping.But again she shouldnt have told me not to do the scoop .I dont tell all my neighbours about my couponing ,as they like to stand and complain around the mail boxes in the summer how our house taxes are going up ,groceries etc.Some would not understand . Thanks again for the support ,my dear sc friends as i will be doing this til the day i pass.lol

Shoppers is getting hard to scop at as i asked a few weeks back on my bag of xmas minis candy ,no as it was a shelf label or old sign i cant remember ,but i still got it for 3.99.

Relaxing til 4.00 p.m today ,just doing a load of laundry .Waiting for my son/wife to come with the girls to go see xmas lights and pizza at a family place .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I agree, Some people have the look of being well off and that mentality but sometimes the truth is different.

My dad drove a hand me down truck that had major issues (lights worked when they wanted etc) Lived a simple life. He wintered in Mexico and traveled lots.
    I'm sure his friends thought he was poor. Far from it. When he passed away he literally had a box for his belongings. He was just simple and not flashy at all. He loved my deal stories

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I decided to redeem at SDM today since it was extra redemption 200,000 points for $300 and I wanted to get the Men's Frangrance samplers for my boys for their birthdays next year and not pay for them
    They didn't have many food deals (I like to top up with food since it is tax free and we need to eat
    But I didn't do to bad. Got bag of steak, crackers, butter, Doritos, Annie's mac and shells (4000 PC pts for 6) BB cream, body wash, vitamin B a few other things.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Brownies are now cooling on the stove.

Mom got up as I was putting the brownies in the oven so I asked her to watch them so I could run to Home Hardware.

It was one of those, you need to go, just got and get it done or you will continue to put it off.

I do think the outside vent being broken and the cold air coming in is the issue. The other day when I did the bedding it was not a cold day, I think it was either 8 or 10 degrees and all of the loads except for Mom's mattress pad because it decided to ball itself up in the dryer, dried in one cycle. If I can get the comforters dry in one cycle, I should be able to get the towels dry in one cycle.

I looked at all of the options for dryer exhaust vents and I cannot find a way to make the draft blocker work which annoys me. I think the issue is our venting is all hard piping but the vent blocker is meant to connect to the flexible piping. Just wish the packaging said that because the packaging does say all 4" dryer pipes. Maybe I will talk to my Dad about it, maybe I can use one of our crimpers and make it work.

I am DIYing installing the vent, *fingers-crossed* this works, I think it will but now I am second-guessing myself. More so second guessing if I got the wrong size screws, that would 100% be something I would do.

Dinner tonight will be homemade pizza with cream cheese brownies for dessert.

I wanted pizza last night but with my late afternoon meeting, I knew I could not make it work, so tonight is pizza night. Oh, I should put a pop in the fridge to go with our pizza. We do not drink pop often (although I am on the lookout for some Cranberry Ginger Ale for Christmas, I saw it but didn't have a cart as I was just grabbing a few things and now I cannot find it) but when we have pizza we like to split a pop.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I've found 2x $50 bills and another $10 just because I all of a sudden started picking up trash on any given day. I try not to turn my back on the gifts and opportunities Mother Nature presents.

(It was during the summer, before Sally Ann was out. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) :D
    Love that story!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good morning,2 days now without an appointement
    but,.I complained and I will have maybe an appointement with the flu clinic I hope because I am tired
    Is there a local mall or library that offers a walk-in flu shot clinic? Since Quebec expanded the age groups which can get the flu shots for free? Or how about at school, any student flu shot clinics run by the medical office?

In Hamilton, the biggest mall just had a storefront reopen (was used for COVID vaccines in winter/spring) for walk-in flu shots (from Public Health), though anyone with booked appointments gets priority.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I checked a few more things off my list. I found a video game that was on the younger sons list at SDM and I had an offer for 20000 PCO when you spend $80.00. I did not have enough on my list to warrant a redemption but I did use $90.00 of PCO when I picked up groceries today. Also earned 8.00 on Check out 51 and with my PCO offer I think I made 5 cents on each box of cheez-it crackers.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley I have seen cranberry ginger ale in Fortinos but it was a surprise to see the diet version (12can cases)at a different Fortinos store. Diet versions of seasonal pop varieties are rather hard to find in stores. Sobeys should have it and very likely your local Shoppers has it (a case or two; more if store has a big food store). Forgot to see if current Shoppers flyer offers any Coke bottled pop (500ml) deals like 2 or 3 for $5.

Good that you decided to tackle the dryer vent issue. Our outside vent needs replacing too. Rright now, Bro thinks its time to replace a bathroom faucet set as he looked at replacement cartridge costs-can just about get a new faucet (inexpensive) for same price as new cartridge. Faucet set is just over 22.5 yr old now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Noticed that Shangri-La Toronto is offering a Christmas Eve dinner (can't get menu to appear) as well as Christmas Dinner and New Year's Eve Dinner. A splurge treat in Yorkville for anyone keen on doing something different. Dine in Toronto (shangri-la.com)
    I also took a look around their Gift Shop-the Fine Print mentions our PST is 7%? It's 8% only for Ontarian purchases or in-Ontario purchases. Anyone else in Canada buying the items will get charged their provincial sales tax along with GST for their online orders.

I cut out 4 snowflakes (folded four pages I really liked and started cutting) out of the Shoppers Holiday Gifts catalogue and have them taped up on a bedroom wall. I like the effect! Will make Cream of Vegetable Soup for late lunch with last of milk and some water (don't have that much milk on hand). Debating whether to go to either Fortinos or Shoppers for a snack run today as well as for sliced bread. Yes, it's cold but it was only powder snow that fell yesterday (very charming and not sloppy at all). Heard Mr Wind playing with the metal storm door all early morning.

I am craving a sweet baked treat. Guess I should find some tea and have a cup with a spoonful of sugar. Will look for motivation to follow that tea and head out the door.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Is there a local mall or library that offers a walk-in flu shot clinic? Since Quebec expanded the age groups which can get the flu shots for free? Or how about at school, any student flu shot clinics run by the medical office?

In Hamilton, the biggest mall just had a storefront reopen (was used for COVID vaccines in winter/spring) for walk-in flu shots (from Public Health), though anyone with booked appointments gets priority.
    @Ciel21 :I dont know but getting a flu shot is something I will looks.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love the Shangri-La - but sorry, it is not in Yorkville, but closer to Union Station actually. On University Ave nears its base near Front St

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Noticed that Shangri-La Toronto is offering a Christmas Eve dinner (can't get menu to appear) as well as Christmas Dinner and New Year's Eve Dinner. A splurge treat in Yorkville for anyone keen on doing something different. Dine in Toronto (shangri-la.com)
    I also took a look around their Gift Shop-the Fine Print mentions our PST is 7%? It's 8% only for Ontarian purchases or in-Ontario purchases. Anyone else in Canada buying the items will get charged their provincial sales tax along with GST for their online orders.

I cut out 4 snowflakes (folded four pages I really liked and started cutting) out of the Shoppers Holiday Gifts catalogue and have them taped up on a bedroom wall. I like the effect! Will make Cream of Vegetable Soup for late lunch with last of milk and some water (don't have that much milk on hand). Debating whether to go to either Fortinos or Shoppers for a snack run today as well as for sliced bread. Yes, it's cold but it was only powder snow that fell yesterday (very charming and not sloppy at all). Heard Mr Wind playing with the metal storm door all early morning.

I am craving a sweet baked treat. Guess I should find some tea and have a cup with a spoonful of sugar. Will look for motivation to follow that tea and head out the door.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sat, Dec 10th, 2022 at 07:16 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got some of the things done, but not all of the things.

The dryer vent ended up taking longer than expected and my DYI idea would not work. The good news is I can now return some of the stuff I bought which makes me happy as I spent way more than I had expected to. I was thinking around $10 it was closer to $25 but I should be getting about $15 back once I made the return so right where I expected to be.

We ended up using silicon to attach everything together as the screws would not work. It is attached to the house and we have broom handles holding it place well the silicon on the outside dries. There were some gaps we had to seal. Still wishing I could get the draft blocker on too but cannot figure out how.

Well, we were waiting for everything to dry, I got all of the dishes done plus I did the dishes as I worked in the kitchen today even well we were making dinner so the Kitchen is clean.

Recycling and Garbage has been taken out, I wanted to get it out before the snow comes tomorrow.

I grated all of the cheese for the week, I needed to grate Mozzarella and Cheddar. Plus I got Mom some Monterey Jack Cheese as she makes these appetizers with it, she mentioned she wanted to grate and freeze it so well I did the other cheese I also did hers.

Made myself another lettuceless Salad using Cucumber, Yellow Pepper, Cherry Tomatoes, Crunch Salad Blend (Mix seeds with Cranberries), Feta and Balsamic Dressing. I ate half well I cleaned the kitchen and the other half is in the fridge.

I am a little torn, I wish I had gotten more done today but at the same time, I am happy we got the dryer vent done as that was my biggest priority. Tomorrow is another day.

Now I am going to watch some TV and crochet baskets for co-worker gifts. I have 12 so far, I should have enough yarn for 1 maybe 2 more so I will be short as I need 18. Not sure if I should go and get more yarn (I really want them all to be the same colour) or I have some grey yarn I could use (but then I will have 4 or 5 that are a different colour). For now, I will just see how far I can get.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Planned on finally getting my flu shot but turns out the closed at 3 and I was heading up there at 3:30 so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow.

Next plan is to go for a walk with Dh when he gets home. I need some fresh air to clear my mind.

It was a very slow day today for me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rescued 5x rice packets (i.e. Knorr, Uncle Bens) from the dump, along with a litre of peach nectar.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Feeling kind of blah today. I did not want to get out of bed this morning. I am blaming the new mattress pad, it is so comfortable and I am in love.

I did get up when I heard that sound, the sound of a plow. It did snow a little last night, not a ton but it is snowing again now.

I went out and removed the Broom Handles that were holding the dryer vent in place. There are a couple of small gaps I need to fill but because of how cold it is out plus the snow coming down it won't cure properly so that will have to wait. Might see if I can borrow Dad's foam gun and I might foam the gaps instead.

I did turn the dryer on for 6 minutes (the shortest time I could turn it on) and everything is working correctly and I am super happy. One more thing off the to-do list.

I have a number of things I would like to get done today but I think I am going to prioritize the kitchen stuff. I just have this feeling this week is going to be insane so I want to be prepared. Have some options in the fridge that are quick grab and eat.

I think I have my meal plan done, the only thing I noticed is there are no beef dishes. But there are a lot of good option including some Slow Cooker meals which may be just what we need this week.

Happy Sunday.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information