User Tag List

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 , hope you feel better and test negative quickly.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think I got most of my major projects wrapped up, I do have some stuff I have to do over shutdown but the list is WAY smaller than I expected.

I did not get any baking done today, oh well, can't change what happened

I went to No Frills and stocked up on meat a little bit but got some other stuff as well:
    2 x Romaine 2-pack $3.99
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms 680g $4
    2 x Blueberries 170g $1.77 (PM Wal-Mart)
    4 x Beef Roast $4.66/lb + pc points
    2 x Pork Tenderloin $2.99/lb + pc points
    1 x Milk
    3 x Water Crackers *For New Years
    1 x Peach Jam *For New Years
    1 x Cocktail Sauce *For New Years
    1 x Half & Half $2.29

I paid with points so only paid $3.39 out of pocket. Roast have been on my watch list as that is one thing I needed more of for the freezer. The pork tenderloins are something different, I love them but as they have gone up in price I stopped buying them. Kind of wishing I grabbed a couple more now.

Kind of pained me to pay $3.99 for a 2-pack of Romaine but oh how I have missed Salads, we will call it a Christmas Treat (WOW calling Romaine a Treat).

I was going to Price Match Celery but all of the stalks I swear only had 5 stalks on them, they were baby celery and even on sale it was not worth it. Maybe, I will try a different store next week, we shall see.

We are now stocked up and could make it through the holiday season without shopping again as I also have everything for New Year now.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-hope you feel better soon .
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@lilo0003 I’m sorry it got you. Praying it stays mild and your back to yourself in no time.

We decided to hit up save on for some plant based milk, banana and a few other things since the liquor store is close and Dh got a GC. What a gong show! The store, the parking lot, the streets in a 4-5 block radius. Never again.

Came home to make dinner after going for a run (on the treadmill). I wasn’t about to run in these temps!

Now time to relax and put my feet up.

Have a great night everyone

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning, Happy Friday,

Looks like the storm is here, I woke up at 7:30 looked outside, and there was nothing, came downstairs, and 10 maybe 15 minutes later I opened our curtains and it was snowing. It is coming down quickly right now within 15 minutes of starting cars are completely covered.

I got no Christmas Baking done yesterday so I may have to pivot, thinking of going down to 2 Cookies and the Cheesecake. I still feel it is super doable, the only thing will be getting the Cheesecake in my fridge. I want to get everything done just in case but my plan was to make the cheesecake today and when I took it out to take it to Christmas I would put in the Cinnamon Buns I have planned for Christmas morning. I do not know if I will be able to fit both in my fridge. Will have to see if I can reorganize the fridge.

Thinking since I have to do all of my baking today, I will see if I can find something I can pop in the slow cooker so dinner will be ready as I have a feeling I won't feel like cooking. I was thinking of a Beef Roast but if we have Christmas tomorrow we are having Sauerbraten (which is beef), plus I bought a little Prime Rib for Mom and I to have over Shut Down. So I think I should put the 4 Roasts I bought yesterday in the freezer for a later time.

Having some tea and then it is time to get to work.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@lilo0 03: I hope you will feel better soon
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!
    No school in QC,they are all closed...So in hollidays not so in hollidays because working in my books for 2 weeks...
    But a little rant again I guess...they had waited until this morning last minute to announce no school..all the others ones where announced closed since yesterday afternoon....The storm and wind w here predictable so what is the point to waiting to last minute to announce it...

Dad won 25$ with his celebration ticket..and those cost 25$..so a technical win altrought it was a gift from his sister.
    And I got my other 10 000 pc points for poise finally...after 3 requests..lol
    Will maximize this forced hollidays to finish last minute Christmas food shopping,hoping it is not too busy but I dont think so..
    Have a good day,many people have no power right now... 110 000 in QC...
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I readed on another forum that the Ensure Club cheques are now 5$ now 3$ because of the price increase and the shortage of the product on the shelves...just passing the word..dont need them for now as I have a case to use...but maybe I will resubcribe to the club

Hoping for finding good coupons in 2023 and less...you know what pads cleared..but I know I am probably dreaming too much!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Strong winds,now 200 000 people are out of electricity..with power shortage
    Sunny and 4 degres,but after it will be cold and freezing rain
    Good news I did all my food Christmas shopping this morning and yes iga,maxi and cie and public harvest where a crazy zoo of crowded people ,parking where difficults..but I am DONE..exchanged my 20$ in points at Maxi and cie,and regained 8 000 points...spending was like expected but over a little bit...

A nice gesture at public harvest,I was approching by a man who was offereing a free dinner at the church for Christmas for the alone person or poor people..I said I did not need it,all planned for me..but wow nice gesture..They are still nice people and kind in the world...Hopefully another person will benefit of that.

Got at Public Harvest,cheese,cookies,tourtiere,meatball ragout,baguette bread,2 cranberries chicken spreadsc,chicken cranberries....spend my 50$ of godmother for that.

Maxi and cie ; Foret noire cake,salmon that was a deal,appetizers,

IGa ,raspberries mousse cake

apart small things we are all set for the festive days!!!
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There was rain in the early morning. Around 6am I got up and saw small flakes of snow coming down. By 9am Mr Wind sounded like he was vacuuming the outdoors with a vengence. After 9:30am I finally paid attention to one tree I don't like-all of its branches were coated in ice. I expect TONS of snapped branches today just from that one tree. Hope the other trees manage not to lose branches. Today is definitely a tea and warm socks event--I was watching the Weather Station for US storm coverage of the North-East. All I can say for US travellers wanting to come to Canada by air but can't-you have the Martin Luther King (Jan. 16, a Monday) long weekend to try again. Seattle/Vancouver have or did have issues at start of this week for air travel (grounded flights due to snow) and now Toronto and eastern areas are impacted by this storm system.

All the garlic bulbs that were stored in the crisper with condensation issues-have that blue bloom at the root ends. Even though I peeled off the bulb's outer layers and cut off the affected parts and peeled/minced garlic, it did something weird with the roast sweet potatoes: when I pulled the pan of potatoes out at mid-point to turn them over, the bits of garlic looked like turquoise parsley! By the end of cooking time, the garlic bits looked more like cooked onion leaves but still greenish. I decided to eat most of potatoes, and scraped off most of the garlic. Then prepped a second sweet potato to cook on the stovetop to make a small mash for Mom with nutmeg (she did a grocery run yesterday and got the nutmeg!) as backup option for her (she might react to the spoiled garlic).

Have loads of laundry on the go. Edo Japan's last contest day prize includes $1K of cash! GO, GO, GO!
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi All,

@ Lilo- Hope you test negative ASAP and can enjoy the holidays with family (and feel better!!)

Our town is basically shut down because of the storm. Schools and local YMCA announced yesterday they would be closed today.
    I came into the office but it is not far from home so I didn't mind. I am done work in 5 mins and happy to say I am in a good place! (besides my payroll not showing up but that is ok I will take a look at it next week when it arrives (will just pop in and check it and file it away!)

I may stop at Independent on my way home for Crispy minis ($1) to top off my couples box gift It is totally on my way home.

Then home and park Betsy in the garage safe and sound. I may walk to GT and CT later today but we will see. Just to get out for some fresh air.

Keep safe everyone!
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hopefully everyone stays warm and keeps their power on. Like most of Canada() we are extremely a snow storm and followed by freezing rain (oh yay ).

Nothing planned except to stay inside and stay warm. Oh how I wish I was down south . I’m not made for this kind of weather.

Time for an late breakfast and possible a nap after

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Hopefully everyone stays warm and keeps their power on. Like most of Canada() we are extremely a snow storm and followed by freezing rain (oh yay ).

Nothing planned except to stay inside and stay warm. Oh how I wish I was down south . I’m not made for this kind of weather.

Time for an late breakfast and possible a nap after
    Almost 1pm here and I am just sitting down to eat breakfast now! My work morning flew by! Now on vacation .

I stopped at Independent on the way home. They had cashews on for $2.99 and grabbed 3 cans, hamburger buns and the Crispy minis. Redeemed $20 in points and paid under $1 out of pocket.

Figured we would want simple take out style dinner so now we can have burgers or nachos.

Will surf online for a bit then get some cleaning done. Looking forward to a cozy night at home

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@lilo0003 so sorry to hear you're not well,prayer offered on your behalf @harbie we finally caught up to your weather,hope it gets back to "normal" for you guys soon!
    As much as I'm thankful that I'm able to stay put.I realise that for many this won't be the Christmas they were planning for and I feel for them.Feel even more so for those who don't have a roof over their head.One never knows what the person beside you is going through.We are all so blessed!
    May we all just be able to slow down a bit and make some time for ourselves and others.Christmas was never meant to be a competition rather a time of celebration!
    Blessings to you and yours my friends! Time for some hot chocolate!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had my mug of hot cocoa goodness, @Skippy ! Came in from being outside for about 20min. My Giant Tiger gloves weren't overly warm after 10min, as fingers started to freeze. By turning my backside to wind and keeping on shovelling, the fingers were ouchy but flexing still. My outer toes are a bit miffed and warming up now. Just wanted to be sure no snow was blocking any downspout, windows on foundation weren't covered and all utility meters were cleaned. Odd places where I found snowdrifts around house-Mr Wind put some oomph into snowdump.

Something I have noticed on two municipal websites-the pages for Cold Alerts/where to shelter/keep warm-don't assume all places are open on those lists without verifying those places' websites and social media channels for open/closed notices. Libraries are often listed as places to keep warm but Hamilton Public Library branches did not open today, Niagara Falls Library branches were open but closed at noon and a soup kitchen in Niagara Falls posted yesterday that it would not be open today. All those places on listed on their respective municipal websites as cold alert resources. Yes, I looked at the City Twitter accounts too just to make sure what info was posted was accurate. Hamilton community centres are open during regular hours as places to warm up but after hours, there's nothing in the suburbs. Guess downtown organizations are busy keeping people warm right now.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information