User Tag List

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    anyone has heard from @Ciel21: that is strange,she is not posting and not connected anymore?? Hope everything is alright with her tought
    I think last month she suggested that her internet and computer access was going to be limited so she will only be able to check in on the days she goes out to the library.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Just made a new banana bread recipe and it is delicious. Also baked a cake as we have a few mixes to use up. Father in law is coming for dinner tonight and he likes something sweet after dinner.
    I was able to submit 50 cents to elipsia and 7.00 to checkout 51. So a nice start to year.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did not cut up the fruit today. I went too but my Kiwis are still hard and need to ripen, hoping one or maybe two will be ready tomorrow as I would like to make a little fruit salad for the week.

I did some tidying up, seeing stuff that wasn't in its home and put it in its home. I know it is needed but tidying up is one of my least favourite tasks, it is time-consuming and I feel like I did not accomplish anything.

Mom made the burgers and meatloaves for the freezer, I helped her as she is in quite a bit of pain today. Meatloaves are done and in the freezer, and the burgers are on a cookie sheet freezing to be put into sucker bags.

Kitchen Garbage and Basement Garbage have been taken out. The Basement Garbage was not full but since it had broken glass in it, I wanted it out of the house.

Dinner was Creamy Chicken Mushroom Skillet, It was a one-pan meal with Chicken, Orzo and Mushroom, It was really good. I would make it again, great quick dinner.

A little disappointed, well I was having lunch I wanted to run some reports for work. These do not really take my time but freeze my system so I figured I could run them today, save them and work with them on Monday but we have been down all day for maintenance. Was hoping to get a little ahead for Monday as these reports will take me hours just to run without doing anything to the reports. Oh well, nothing I can do, it is locked now so will check again tomorrow.

Few things to get done tomorrow but all and all feeling good about the upcoming week and staying on track.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I got my dear moms xmas houses on my fireplace put away ,it is a nice small village .I didnt feel like taking the tree down .
    I did 3 loads of laundry and a nice fresh set of sheets.I have been watching last season of "this is us" on netflicks ,boy do i cry a lot watching some episodes-but that is good for us.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So we will be knowing more for the service of my dad dear friend probably this week...but the cause of the dead it is a heart crisis the heart just could not handle it....He had a cancer too last few years but he was 100% in shape with that one.So him and his wife took a coffee the morning yesterday...and the afternoon he was breathe taking,so she called an ambulance....and at the hospital he was dead....and he never said something about his big heart problem to any friends...and his heart was finished...so we are in shock....He was a good man who did a lots for the others and lots of volunteering....he is the age of my father..so I am a bit panicked..
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jan 7th, 2023 at 07:25 PM.
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    You make a good point regarding the filter. Mine is at the bottom under the bottom wand. I remove the filter and rinse it weekly. It is amazing what can get filled up in there. Not everything can break down or it takes time to do so. Just part of the weekly routine for me.
    the sludge that can build up is beyond gross and all it takes is a little hot water and some a very light brush (I use an old toothbrush)

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@cath007 that’s heartbreaking. You never know what someone is dealing with. Make sure you never take your dad being around for granted. We are never guaranteed tomorrow.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 **HUGS**
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Was wide awake at 4 am but did not get up until closer to 5 am. I do not want to jinx it but really feel like I am getting back into my groove of being a morning person which makes me so happy. Sometimes between 5 am and 7 am are my most productive hours before the chaos of the day starts.

Not sure what is up today but I woke up freezing, I seem to have a bit of a chill I cannot get rid of. Hoping I will warm up once I turn the oven on.

I have a few things I want to get done today, my plan is:
    Baked Apple Oatmeal
    Whipped Greek Yogurt
    An Apple Cake
    Fruit Salad if my fruit is ready to be cut up

I would like to find something I can make for lunches as those can get tricky. When I work from home, one would expect lunch would be easy, I am at home, I can make whatever I want but well I am trying to make lunch people call me and after so many calls I give up. So something quick and easy is always a plus. Thinking maybe a soup but not sure.

If I can get all of my kitchen stuff done this morning my plan for Dinner is a Roast with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and a Vegetable.

Need to get this day going and see where it takes me.

Happy Sunday
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, that went better than expected.

It is not even 10 am and all my prep is done.
    Baked Apple Oats are made
    Apple Upside Down Cake is done, really hoping this turned out the batter even though I used a Cake Mix but the batter was super liquidy so I add some flour and I see my apples floated into the cake and aren't on the bottom.
    Pineapple has been cut up
    Fruit Salad has been made, I used Kiwi, Clemetimes, Blueberries & Blackberries. I would have added Apples but Mom isn't a fan
    Whipped Greek Yogurt is made

I did not make anything for lunches, if I have ambition maybe a little later.

I cleaned as I went so the Kitchen is clean and ready to put Dinner on.

The bathroom has been cleaned and once that was done, I took a shower.

The only other things I should tackle today would be something for lunches and I need to vacuum the kitchen floor but I got it wet doing dishes so I could not vacuum when I was done in the kitchen.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy New Year Everyone!!

We got home around 430pm yesterday from the airport. Flying yesterday was great, 0 delays! I can't say the same for the flight there but happy to be home for sure!
    Unpacked yesterday and that was about it. DS worked this morning so I dropped him at work and then stopped at Walmart/No Frills and Food Basics.
    Just picked up fresh stuff to get us through the week.
    Came home and pulled a package of lean ground beef from the freezer to cook into taco meat. (taco toppings all ready and prepped in fridge for DS for the next day) Prepped the produce, cleaned out the fridge and cleaned the kitchen.

Now clean up the budget. Pay day was the day we left so it's nice to not have touched the bank account while we were gone. I had US and Canadian Cash on me and a credit on CC for purchases. Besides a few meals out we went to a Shoe store outlet and I bought 4 pairs of shoes for my boys. Good deals even with the exchange.

I wanted to go to the gym today but it closes at noon and I haven't even showered yet today. I wanted to get some stuff down around the house before I got dressed for the day. Think I will shower in a bit and then go treat myself to a fancy coffee at Mcdonalds (with coffee card) and then go take a walk around RCSS and see if there are any food deals.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Jan 8th, 2023 at 11:54 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@harbie . I found these coupons this morning you may want

$1.50 off Violife (non dairy cheese)
    $1 off Silk (any Silk product)

If interested send me you mailing address and I can mail out tomorrow!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I did not put it on my to-do list and forgot that I meant to try making a batch of Chex Mix Nuts. The recipe calls for Walnuts which we have but they are not my favourite nut so I mixed 3/4 Walnuts with 1/4 Almond and all of the seasonings.

They smelt so strong when they were cooking I was worried they were going to be "too much" but actually the flavouring is quite subtle, I would actually add some more.

I am currently crocheting two small baskets using two different yarns as a comparison just to show the difference. I have finished one and need to finish the other.

I need to work on my Bullet Journal. I am on version three, I tried so hard to go with Done is better than Perfection but it did not work. The first Journal I made I did not like the notebook I used, the good news was I only put together the first page. The second one was the Journal I completed and this was the Done but not Perfect version but as I started using it, the pages are so thin they kept ripping where I drew my lines. After taping it for the 4th or 5th time I realized this was not going to work. So now I am working on version 3.

Tried to log into the System at work well I had my breakfast to run my reports and we are still locked out. Grrrr, I was hoping to be a little ahead tomorrow. Will check again when I have lunch.

Will be putting the Roast in shortly, I am so excited. Roast Beef with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy sound so good today, just need to pick a veggie, thinking I might just roast some carrots.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @harbie. I found these coupons this morning you may want

$1.50 off Violife (non dairy cheese)
    $1 off Silk (any Silk product)

If interested send me you mailing address and I can mail out tomorrow!
    Thank you very much

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@cath007 praying for all concerned.Take care of your Dad and yourself.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information