User Tag List

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: January 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread -Money shuffle dance time!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Went to Costco with Dh today after he grabbed me a Starbucks .

We stocked up on the usual stuff.
    4X 3pk tofu
    3X spinach containers
    2X Dempsters wraps ( garden vegetable)
    1X 2pk Kirkland natural PB
    1X raspberry jam
    1X hemp hearts
    1X brussel sprouts
    1X romaine lettuce
    1X gardein chickun tenders on sale
    1X vit D (2pk) on sale
    1X New Balance athletic shirts (3pk) on sale * for Dh
    1X New Balance underoos (5pk) on sale *for Dh

$212 something total

plus a separate bill of cleaning supplies for $119 for 2 households.

Just came back from a walk to IGA to grab more grapes that are sooooo yummy and last day of the sale at $3.99/lb which is better than the $5.99/lb I paid before!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie -glad you are back and better.

Stayed in today and binged a show with hubby ,i was sure not gonna go out in the fog just for seniors day at shoppers .
    Plus havent been sleeping well,so maybe tonight i will get a better sleep.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@lizzie bargain I assumed or hoped you were off on one of your adventures.
    Looks like snow in the forecast Friday but its Ontario so I need to accept it. I would really like some sunshine. I don’t recall the last time we had a sunny day.
    Like others I have a collection of terrible offers from PCO so it’s often not my 1st choice now. I have never shopped at Food Basics but they seem to be having some of the best deals and it’s not much further for me so they are currently my store of choice and I can stop at RCSS on my way home if needed.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@lizzie bargain : So sorry to read that but I am happy you are and feel better now Please take care
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So happy this week is almost over, it has been a crazy busy insane week. But, I feel I am keeping with everything well.

I feel like I am in a good place with work but I have a bunch of meetings today so that might be tricky. I like to keep Fridays to catch up and finish all of the things before next week so they do not move to next week's to-do list. But I have a feeling I will not get a lot of my own work done today, hoping I do not fall behind.

I am on top of the house stuff mostly. I do need to get some Hand Dishes done, I did not get them done yesterday and don't want to let them pile up. I would love to not start my Saturday by doing dishes.

Yesterday I got our grocery shopping done, but I do still need to go to Food Basics. But now I know what Prep I need to do this weekend, does not seem like there is a lot of prep but I am not done with my meal plan yet so that may change.

I got upstairs vacuumed and did the kitchen earlier this week. That feels amazing as normally Floors are always that thing I have to tackle on a weekend and always put off.

As I wrote my to-do list yesterday, there is not a lot I need to do around the house this weekend. Although, I am behind on my weekly projects so hoping I can knock those out this weekend.

I am not going to lie, I start to spin a bit last night as I was looking at my schedule for next week. My schedule is filling up which leads to a little bit of panic, how will I keep on top of everything? But, for me, that is half battle, the mental battle of taking it one step at a time and not worrying about things before they happen. Sometimes I think I sabitosh myself because I think I cannot do it so I go into thinking I cannot do this and do not get it done. I was already thinking about what can I do on the weekend to get ahead but I need to take a breath and take it one step at a time and see how next week plays out.

Time to tackle today.

Happy Friday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

TGIF. I’m so glad it’s finally Friday! Now just to get to the end of the day. I had a worse than usual sleep last night so I’m dragging badly this morning. I’m so ready for summer.

I have to pick up a package after work but other than that nothing exciting.

Have a great Friday everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! I plan on plowing through all my work today so I can have a fresh start on Monday!

Met with my friend last night to go over her Quickbooks. Looks like I have a new part time job I am excited to help her so she can just concentrate on making her products and I will take care of the # part.

My sister is suppose to pop by tonight to drop off our stuff we sent home with her in her suitcase. (she checked an empty bag on our trip for the way home).

Tonight- No plan for dinner. Will figure it out when hungry.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi all,
    I got a medical paper for having the permission to have a break from school for 1 month because of my anxiety
    But no more financing for now appart 2 weeks because I have a medical paper
    I will have to c hange medication for anxiety
    I called my godmother and we had a long lovely conversation about that but with all differents subjects

And will have more helps
    I will resee my doctor in 1 month
    Have a good evening and night
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Jan 13th, 2023 at 07:53 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath -glad you are having a much needed break .

Glad the snow is over we got a few inches ,as we are off to toronto on saturday to visit my daughter and sebastian.Hope i dont get sick ,but my daughter said sebastian has a bit of a cold .The stuff i catch from my 3 grandkids is unreal!!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I arrived home last night. I stopped at the Circle K along the way to pick up new contest prizes. Some of these free items I put in my prize bucket for students to win.

My local Salvation Army had men’s and women’s shirts on clearance for $1 each. I didn’t find any for me, but I got several for Dh. One still had the original tags. Dh was happy with my purchase.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early this morning and got my day going. I woke up with ambition which always makes me happy.

I got up, had a cup of tea and took a shower. I used to do all of my stuff and then take a shower but I find most days the shower would not happen for various reasons. I find showing first works better as long as my plans for the day are just normal stuff, nothing too dirty.

I put a batch of Banana Muffins in the Oven, I had some Bananas that needed to be used up. Washed up all the dishes except the pan as the Muffins are still in the pan cooling a bit.

Emptied the Dishwasher and put away yesterday's hand dishes.

We are still using the Milk I got for $2.30/bag from the freezer. So I took a bag of milk and grabbed a pack of Bacon that has lost its seal. Once it is defrosted I will cook it off for breakfasts or dinners this week.

I am struggling with this week's meal plan, nothing is really jumping out at me. But I need to finalize the meal plan so I can figure out if there is anything else I need to prep over the weekend.

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday. Even though I attended 3 meetings, 2 in the branch, I still finished work right around 4.

I spent most of last night working on my Bullet Journal. I have been using the old one with the thin pages to track everything well I slowly put together the new Journal. Everything was ready to go so I started to fill it in last night. I already see some changes I want to make for next month but this is one of those projects where done is better than perfect. It will be a work in process until I figure out what works best for me.

Ok, must complete my meal plan and finish my prep list.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Dropped DS off at work. Walked around No Frills and Walmart on my way home.
    Cleaned kitchen. Making a huge omelette now

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning.

Yesterday was a loooooong one. Up at 5am ate breakfast at 7am before going to work. Picked up Dh after work to get our package. Normally we never drive to that city so it didn’t even dawn on me it happened to be during rush hour . Just shy of an hour to to drive 16km! Since it was late we stopped by one of our favourite restaurants but I had a brain fart and didn’t call in an order so we had to wait 40min to take it home. I really just wanted to get home and get changed and freshened up after work. Finally got to eat for the second time all day just after 6pm. I was beyond hangry!

I decided that while I do enjoy not cooking, we will not be ordering out. The food was great but I found it salty which I find with all restaurants now and it cost an arm and a leg! Again I love the food, love not cooking and love supporting a small family run business but I love my family finances more.

Today is laundry day again. Apparently the weather is supposed to be nice today before turning nasty again so I’ll head out for a walk with my parents and grab some bananas at IGA for our smoothie tonight. Dh has a green smoothie (so do I) after work instead of a beer so I need some.

No leftovers from last night since Dh took it with him to work today so I’ll need to decide what to make.

Hope everyone has a safe and productive weekend

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@ harbie

I feel the same way about enjoying the not cooking part sometimes but usually I am disappointed. (I am not a salt fan at all!!)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Jan 14th, 2023 at 10:44 AM.
    harbie, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The price of Take-Out is insane, although I guess it makes sense since the price of food has increased but someone (I wish I could remember who I was talking to, it was someone at work) was mentioning they ordered pizza and what used to cost them $35 was now $60.

Plus yesterday when I was at the branch, they were trying a new restaurant in town and I overheard the burgers are $20. $20 for a burger and Fries. The last time I bought ground beef it cost me $11 something for the pack and we got 9 burgers, fries are $2 a bag and that gives us 2 to 3 meals. So for what 1 take-out burger costs I got 4 to 5 meals.

I know them cooking it will cost you more but, I do not know, I cannot get over $20 for a burger.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information