User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1459Likes

Thread: October 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kicking off "Pumpkin Spice" & "Monopoly" month here on Smart Canucks.

The fall leaves are starting off with some colours and getting more vivid. The dry ones are dropping now.

Recycle your expired September coupons (dairy/cheese) when you turn the calendar page/advance the electronic planner!

Banks (federal ones) will likely be closed on Monday Oct. 2 as the Sept. 30 statutory day falls on Saturday this year. YMMV if you bank at credit unions (provincially regulated)-check websites for hours or closure notices.

If you have a non-xeriscaped landscape in Canada and are not part of a condo survey, you probably need yard waste bags for fall cleanup of said yard. Look for deals!

This month is excellent for smoke/CO detector deals plus fire extinguishers too. Halloween participants likely have been keeping watch on candy and non-candy treat offers since the start of September. Don't forget to look for personal offers on any cards or apps that offer them.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The plan is to do my postponed mall crawl and visit to the Restore next week while the weather is fine. Bus card is ready
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I put threw a points inquiry that credited within a day on the PC Optimum app, but the other points inquirgbisnt going well. I put in a points inquiry on the app to PC Optimum on Wednesday when I realized that I was missing 7400 points from my weekend purchase of fresh pork products. I made the mistake of saving that offer on Wednesday night. Now I received an email reply telling me they won’t give me the points because it wasn’t available. Bogus! That points offer was valid on the day I purchased all those fresh pork products. Have you had any success emailing from their website?
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Thank you @Ciel21 for starting this thread.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I put threw a points inquiry that credited within a day on the PC Optimum app, but the other points inquirgbisnt going well. I put in a points inquiry on the app to PC Optimum on Wednesday when I realized that I was missing 7400 points from my weekend purchase of fresh pork products. I made the mistake of saving that offer on Wednesday night. Now I received an email reply telling me they won’t give me the points because it wasn’t available. Bogus! That points offer was valid on the day I purchased all those fresh pork products. Have you had any success emailing from their website?
    @Angela273 that happen to me months back and I was also unsuccessful it getting the points even by a phone call . So it was a lesson learned. Hoping you get a better outcome than me.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    WOW October already, I feel like this year is just flying by.

I have to admit I am ready for all things fall and now we are going back into summer this week.

I was ready for soups and stews and comfort meals and now looking at the weather none of these meals fit.

Well we were cleaning the freezers Mom suggested Pizza for dinner but once we were back upstairs I could see the freezers were about all she had in her yesterday. She insists on rolling the dough. So instead I made French Onion Pasta Bake last night. Tonight will be Pizza.

I think today Mom wants to clean out the Kitchen freezer. My back is still feeling the two freezers from yesterday so we will see.

Happy Sunday
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Very foggy morning here.

My Baby went to Toronto last night to hang out with friends. I will feel better once he is back home. The life of a mother.....
    So woke up and the kitchen was exactly the same as it was when the house was locked up last night before bed......Clean!!

Just made coffee. Now to get ready for the next 2 days. Pack bags and just see where the road takes us
    DS has lots of food to eat the next few days. It will be easy heat and eat for him...exactly how he likes it!

Have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    WOW October already, I feel like this year is just flying by.

I have to admit I am ready for all things fall and now we are going back into summer this week.

I was ready for soups and stews and comfort meals and now looking at the weather none of these meals fit.

Well we were cleaning the freezers Mom suggested Pizza for dinner but once we were back upstairs I could see the freezers were about all she had in her yesterday. She insists on rolling the dough. So instead I made French Onion Pasta Bake last night. Tonight will be Pizza.

I think today Mom wants to clean out the Kitchen freezer. My back is still feeling the two freezers from yesterday so we will see.

Happy Sunday
    I have two butternut squash sitting on the counter waiting to be made into soup
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    oh @Angela273 I hear you preaching to the choir! I've also had good results from an online inquiry and awful ones. Like you said, they act like you never had the offer!

Once bitten, twice shy...I've now learned to screen grab certain offer(s) I get, especially when I've come home from buying said product ( first double checking the website to make sure I didn't imagine the offer ) Those who don't know, I only have a desk top so have to wait till I get home to check.

Anyhow, I got home to see the offer was now darkened out ( like when you have used one ) and the words " Congrats! you've earned a great offer there! "
    It was for 20,000 points on a single transaction spend of $250.00, trust me not an easy shop....I had a calculator with me to tally as I shopped.

So, I wasn't worried, just waited for the inquiry to be answered. After 3 days passed they tried to do to me what they did to you, ( where is the offer they said? ) except I told the person I had attached the stupid screenshot saying I earned the 20,000 when I put the inquiry in....don't they read? ??
    So where were the points I asked, cuz they were not on my receipt or in my account as an adjustment?

I'm STILL waiting. Spoke with another CS rep on Friday, she ran everything through to a supervisor, saying that since I did not screen grab the actual offer, only the picture of it congratulating me about it and she was not qualified to o.k. it.

Honest to Betsy!! What a PITA eh?
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Oct 1st, 2023 at 09:25 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good October 1st to everyone!

I’m working on stress/anxiety reduction and so far it’s working.

Yesterday Dh and I did a 25km bike ride into town and through the trails and to the lagoon. Our first stop was to NF so we could get that virtual GC we had and turn it into an actual GC. It was such a fiasco to get that done but we did. Now we have $380 towards groceries .

It is so warm and sunny here this weekend so we are taking full advantage of it. We treated ourselves to a true sushi to go and sat outside , stopped by the bank for a deposit and did some airplane watching. It was a stellar day. That was all after doing a super deep clean before leaving. I’m talking wash bedding, folding and putting away 2 loads, vacuuming the ENTIRE place which included Dh pulling out the fridge and stove. I had crazy energy.

We were up early as usual today and did a short 2.5km walk before our zoom meeting at 10:30am. I love walking when it’s early and quiet.

Going to check out some flyers but I’m not super desperate for anything really

Have a fantastic Sunday everyone

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sitting here this morning I was thinking of all the things I could tackle:
    Finish Cleaning the Bathroom Closet
    Deep Clean the Upstairs Hallway
    Deep Clean the Kitchen Cabinets
    Work on the "craft room" in the basement
    And the list goes on and on

But decided, nope, not today. I obviously I have used some muscles yesterday cleaning the freezers I haven't used in a while and I am feeling it. But also, I wanted to get the day-to-day stuff done so I do not go into the week "behind."

I emptied the dishwasher, did the few hand dishes from last night's dinner (a pot and a spoon), cleaned the fridge and realized I should have done this before I did the dishes, and took out the garbage.

We did not have much waste out of the fridge, some celery I cut up that we did not make the dish this week and some cucumbers I thought I ate all of.

Now I need to wash the dishes from cleaning out the fridge. I still need to clean the Bathroom.

Thinking I might make a Nanny's Special Apple Pie to have for dessert. Dinner will be Pizza, Mom has the sauce simmering on the stove, will need to grate some cheese and cut up some veggies to put on the Pizza.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Pretty lazy day, but that happens when you live in a house with no furniture and we share a vehicle out here. I am envious of those of you experiencing a burst of summer. It’s cool and and so I have a cup of tea now. This morning was super foggy and I had to go to do a Canadian Tire pick up 40 minutes away. So I took advantage of the drive and went to the bigger superstore and they had everything I needed in stock and I used 130.00 in PCO.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was up early this morning and got right to work. I have a ton of computer work I need to get done.

I ran out this morning to grab mushrooms as we are almost out and put them in so many things.

I went to Giant Tiger since they have them on sale but they were out. Well, I was there I found some really nice Pillows and Mom needs two new ones for her bed. I grabbed 3, 2 for her bed and a spare for me when I need it. I destroy pillows in my sleep, I do not know what I do but I mash and mangle them and it is not pretty. Also grabbed Carrots as they had them on sale for $0.97.

Then I went to No Frills. I got:
    1 x Mushrooms 680g $5 + 500 pts = 100pts/$
    2 x Mangos $1
    1 x Mini Cucumbers 15-pack $4.99 + 500 pts = 100pts/$
    1 x Romaine 3-pack $1.99
    1 x Bananas
    2 x Sugar $1.88
    1 x Almond Milk Vanilla $2.99
    1 x Orange Juice $2.99
    1 x Half & Half 1L $2.49
    2 x Heavy Whipped Cream 453 ml $2.49
    2 x Fries $2.49 + 800 pts = 400pts/bag
    1 x Baguette $0.99

I was a little worried about shopping on a Monday as our stores tend to sell out, not enough stores for all of the houses they keep building. But I was able to get everything except Cherry Tomatoes.

If I am out and about later in the week, I will pop back in and see if they get them in.

Happy Monday Everyone
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Finally i popped over to walmart only 10 minutes away,i dont wish to go far as i am still dealing with a health problem.It felt good to spend on a big shop $98.00
    i managed to get 5 degree ladies deodorant 3.14-3.00 cpn =.14 they were all sold out of the mens.

Also went into mastermind got a free hacki sack for sebastian (birthday promo) and i bought 4 -50% summer toys for xmas .

Loving this summery weather hanging all my clothing on the line.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Well the rain has arrived out west . Good for the fires but I still wish it was sunny and warm.

Dh and I had a dentist appointment this morning and went into the city to grab something to eat since I rushed out this morning not eating .

Our 19th wedding anniversary is tomorrow ( been a couple for 24 years) so I’m going to make him his favourite meal for dinner( whatever he chooses but most likely Mac and cheese ). We are celebrating by me going to a naturopathic dr. We’re such party animals .

Since it’s RAINING we just did a 45min walk outside and now I have to hit the weights and make a grocery list and small shop tonight.

Hope everyone is having a great day
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information