User Tag List

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1587Likes

Thread: February 2023 Frugal Chat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What a beautiful sunny day. I have had my office window open all day long.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i just had a late lunch /early supper from hot foods -fortinos .
    He had wings and fries ,i had half an avacodo,chickenwrap with butternut soup

Plus 2 blueberry danish 50% off=1.98 to go with our tea and coffee i will make.

So after my points offer came to $20.78

A nice valentine dinner .

Plus i put in a 18 minute walk today even thou my arthritic knees were killing me -power thru as it was a beautifull day out in southern ontario.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Feb 14th, 2023 at 03:23 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Valentine's day to all of those who are celebrating and the others too!!!
    Wishing you all a wonderful evening and night with love!!! and chocolate hahaha
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Frugalbigmama : thanks so much for the advices,very good ones!!! Agree the weather was so nice today..tomorrow they announce rain for QC...grr...Took 2 small walk at my breaks,just too beautifull to stay inside!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

*******************Dont forgot to save 4 pc offers tomorrow ...I already did mine in case I forgot tomorrow(mayo,blueberries,pork and lettuce)*************************

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I wanted to take a 15 minutes power nap...but I feel asleep for 2 hours...and re heading to bed soon.. lol....I was and still am very tired...Remember my head toe nail,...well it is still hurting...will talk about that to the doctor on friday ...
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Feb 14th, 2023 at 11:13 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad scored this earlier afternoon a big french roast Bifsteak reg 22$ marked down 8,00$ and then a 30% of on top of that..wow..I was very surprised because normally the marked down meat is just ground beef,fish and chicken.....and not 30% on top of that...We had that for dinner for 2 and have enough for another meal....

And on top of that 12 500 pc points for having spend 125$ cumulative this week at Maxi and cie..Now I am at pratically 30$ in pc points.yes!!!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i checked rcss website and express app that says deli ham $1/100g. Went there, asked the deli clerk about it and she said yes that is the price and she also bought some herself yesterday. Ok, asked for 500g. When the clerk handed me the package it said $19.21. I told the clerk that the price is not right. She looked and said that is odd but she can't change the price and have to get a supervisor. Supervisor said price was changed that morning and did not know why the online price did not change. Supervisor was also unable to change the price. I showed both the price online on my phone from the website and from express app. They still couldn't help me and I didn't want to waste more time as I have to go pick up my kid. So I said I will not take the package. The employee turned to the supervisor and ask what to do. The supervisor told the employee to put it on Flashfood. Later that day I checked flashfood and the package that I didn't want was listed at 50% off of $19.21 and this morning it's gone from flashfood.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Oh, what a week it has been and it is only Wednesday.

Monday I got my account all sorted, they made an error, long story short, all is sorted out now but that took almost an hour and a half to get it all worked out. But because of that, I had to work late to try to get all of the things done. At 4:30, my schedule for the week kind of fell apart, but it was too late so now I have more time to do my own work.

Yesterday, I went to an out-of-town branch to meet a new staff member and start their training. Since I thought I was scheduled with something else today, I only went for the day. I left my house at 5:30 am and did not get home until 7 pm, it was a super long day.

On the way home, I stopped at a different Costco than I normally shop at. They had everything my Costco has been out of for months, I got:
    Sugar x 2
    Foil Pans
    Kirkland Cold & Sinus
    *All 3 of these items my Costco has been out since before Christmas.
    I also grabbed:
    1 x Pork Loin which was $6 off, we will cut these into Pork Chops, the Pork Loins at Costco make amazing Pork Chops. It is a little bit of work to process them ourselves but worth the savings in the end.
    1 x Kirkland Cream Cheese, Mom wants to make some Mini Cheese Balls and I want to make more Spinach Dip
    1 x Chocolate Cover Almonds, Oh my gosh if you like Chocolate Cover Almonds, these are the best ones we have found so good

Today, I do not feel my best, this weather had brought out the snow mould and it is killing me. I have a massive headache that will not go away. Nothing is helping, but I have to push through as my to-do list for work is long. I am trying to get through what should have been simple testing, but nope, so many errors. Honestly, all I want to do right now is fall asleep, I can barely keep my eyes open but I have to get this done so I can send a report to my boss.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Later that day I checked flashfood and the package that I didn't want was listed at 50% off of $19.21 and this morning it's gone from flashfood.
    Just goes to show that folks are suckers. They see a 50% discount and immediately think it must be a great deal. No wonder RCSS raised its prices and then 'froze' them for a couple of months. It works. If people allow themselves to be treated as fools, then we deserve what we get.
    harbie, Purdee, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today i repotted an old hanging plant in new dirt ,we will see if this works if not i will just put a pothos in it .

I went out to canadian tire and utilized some points offers there spent $69 and got $11.56 in points to use in the summer when we tend to go there more.

I posted in the brag section ,i got a reduced toy for sebastian plus 3 puzzles for 3.94 each 1,000 piece ones (cheaper than thrift).

Then i came home wayyy to windy .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, today has definitely been a "dry"/wind cycle. Tons of branches down but fortunately nothing needing a saw (so glad I dealt with old branches this week). I've also had my window open today and yesterday for at least 20min to get the spring like air into my room.

No treasure finds in the yard, just random garbage/recycling that is blowing around. Mail-3 pc of ad mail including Metros 6mo of delivery at 99 cents per week with min. $50 order. I bet that online grocery delivery is also using 2-factor id as the other services do. Ancaster does not have Metro, just a Food Basics store without pharmacy (there are 3 pharmacies within 3 min of there-one in plaza,, one next to plaza and one across road inside Fortinos).

Bro is on layoff this week and three adults in a small home is not working out well. I need chocolate! Maybe tomorrow...Since someone left their laptop on and I noticed, I'm online for a short stretch of time. Bonus find of the day.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Chapters Indigo sent an e-mail yesterday saying it's accepting all forms of tender (gift cards included) but cannot do exchanges or returns.

Today's the last day to score 15% off $50 Indigo cards at Food Basics or Metro stores!
    harbie, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Does anyone feel that Costco is getting junky? By that I mean the quality of products - cheap clothing? I bought a hoodie a while back and it is piling already. I used the clothes shaver but not much success. I wish there was more cotton in clothes - as you only have to worry about shrinking in the dryer but otherwise they hold up.

I noticed Costco has discontinued my parmesan chips (Whisps), I asked one of the employees and they said if Costco doesn't get particular pricing - they will discontinue an item, even if it is a best seller, which makes zero sense
    If it is a consolation, the new Sobeys flyer is showing Whisps at 2 for $10 as of tomorrow. Plus there is a Scene+ contest to earn points for Scene+ Travel or grocery gift cards.
    Our weekly paper showed up tonight and I glanced through the flyers.
    harbie, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My PCO offers are bonkers this week. Last week I had the 10000 points if you spend 100.00 and I did not come close and this week I get 15000 points if I spend 150.00. But I have an offer for oranges and they are on sale this week so that’s a win in my books.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information