User Tag List

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree1587Likes

Thread: February 2023 Frugal Chat

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning ( Sunday that is ) , although Saturday night was a blank slate because I dozed off too early and then woke up at 3 a.m. ?? Now I'll be in a zombie state for today. @sassy Ashley just reading through the chores you tackled on your Saturday made MY back hurt! Hope you get a bit of rest today, I chuckled at the description of your couch as your office.
    No cooking today, we're heading into downtown T.O. to join my sis and BIL for lunch. The portions are so big at this place we'll probably bring home half our entrees to have at dinner.
    Nice to latch onto a no cooking day every now and then, plus the laughs we'll have with those 2...they are great company!
    Have a great day all

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Enjoy your day in downtown toronto walkonby.

My daughter buys yearly passes to the zoo,science centre ,the rom etc for her and sebastian and they use quite frequently on the weekends .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , enjoy your time downtime and your lunch with your family.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up feeling a little congested this morning. But, I was up at 6 am although it is a bit more of a slow morning.

Mostly working on things I can do from the couch. I did my February recap on my Bullet Journal and my March set-up. I labelled and organized all of my notebooks and instead of having an office on my couch, I now have an office basket with my Notebooks and all of my pens for Bullet Journals.

I need to take a trip to the Dollar Store for another basket for my Crochet Stuff as that is also living on the couch. The basket may still live on the couch but at least it is a little more organized.

Next, I need to vacuum the couch and switch out the Couch Blanket.

My new comforter is on my bed, I will admit at first I was worried, I read the reviews that it was thin but warm but it looked thinner than the blanket that has been on my bed for over 5 years. It is thin but the first night I used it, I woke up sweating and had to turn my heat done a little.

Now my old comforter can move to the couch and the couch blanket will go in the garbage as it has multiple holes in it.

I am feeling super tired today but also a bit overwhelmed, I have no ambition but want/need to get all the things done today.

Happy Sunday.
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier afternoon everyone!!!
    I woke up with a headache migraine,....so took 2 tylenol extra strengh still have headache but less
    So I decided to do the light grocery shopping to day to take a break from my books...and I dont wish to rego out before next sunday to maximize my precious wanted needed time.....Took the garbages and recycling out too..Not so much deals this week...Have a good day!!!

Tried 3 stores and no clementines 4 lbs boxes..anyway
    WM (QC): 2X 22 KG cat litter boxes econonic at 11$ each cheaper than maxi and more

Maxi and cie QC:
    Wow the price of cream cheese big tub when not in sale..very expensive
    -Red Seedless grapes@2,99$ lbs
    -2X Strawberries 1 liter @2,22$ each pm metro ( they are in the fridge last time they where in the counter and get mouldy super fast ) grr....
    -4x blueberries containers 170 gr at 1,77$ each +1400 pc points(personnal offer)
    -Dalissa Sausages 900 gr x2 @5,49$(raincheck and expire march 12)
    2x Country Harvest Bread @3,00$ each minus B1G1 coupon so 1,50$ each!!! really good coupon
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So far no problems with my excel and they show us compatibility....Hope it will continu this way!!!I decided to just work in 3 bigs books not 4..the 4 one I still have hours and the exam is not planned yet...the other 3 yes so I will go by priority..and work more in the 4 book next week by the evening and week end..no choice....
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Feb 26th, 2023 at 01:47 PM.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@walkonby : Enjoy your trip in Toronto!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So excited ,i dont need my desktop anymore since it bit the dust.
    I didnt think i could do checkout51 anymore as i dont own a cell phone ,but low and behold i could scan it on my new chromebook,mind you it was upside down i just now know how to rotate the reciept and it was accepted .

I got a good deal on vector cereal yesterday at shoppers
    (2) vector cereal on sale $4.49-2.00 cpn-1.25 checkout51=$1.24 each
    plus (2) boxes of p.c cookies 2/5.00-600 points=2.20 each (one i bought for the granddaughters)nice to share with my grandkids .

We had a good day yesterday took ashlyn to her drawing classes and then visited with cara ,ashlyn and my daughter-in-law after(son was working).

We dropped ashlyn off at her school of art ,then 10 minutes later we went to go back on the road near edge of the city and a car had hit the hydro pole and the wire was on the road across it .Wow good thing we took her early,because 2 weeks ago we were 10 minutes late as we had to find the place.The thing is the roads were super clear yesterday ,so it must have been speed as there is a curve in the road .Luck was on our side.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Now that grocery stores are allowed to pass their credit card surcharges onto consumers, how will that change your purchasing habits? Will you be going to cash or debit cards?

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.6097130
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was up at 5 am, yay! But I feel like it is going to be a long day as my first thought this morning was how long before I can go back to bed.

I am trying to get all of the work things done but I am struggling a bit today. I am lacking focus and I am overwhelmed, never a good combo but trying to turn it around.

I got a few things done around the house yesterday but spent most of the day working on some personal computer stuff I needed to get done and had been putting off.

I found some leggings on sale at Old Navy, also found some pairs on clearance and they had a code to save 30% including clearance. I ordered 8 pairs of leggings and my total was $104 so it worked out to $13/pair, let's hope they fit. It has been a long time since I purchased pants from Old Navy.

I was trying to clean up February's budget to move into March last night but it was not going well, I was too tired. So will have to find time for that this week. In most categories, it does look like I have "extra" to move into March which always makes me happy. I am that person who always wants to come in under budget. I am trying to find the balance between getting the things we need but not going overboard because I will be honest, for the last couple of years I have been in the mindset of make it work with what we have. But we have stuff that has outlived its life and needs to be replaced.

Happy Monday.
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy,i hear you i have like 4 pairs of yoga pants and one pair is so faded.I like the look of a small flare to my pants not leggings thou .I do have one pair of grey dress leggings from old navy which are compfy.

I was talking to a girlfriend last night and she said she gets rid of undergarments when she gets tired of them (she only mentioned this as she was shopping in winners yesterday),i wish mine are usually falling apart when i toss them .

My dear son is turning 38 today wow where does the time go .I just called him and he was working out at the gym and he said he would call me later.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy oh i forgot i have a washer that is on its last round and a t.v that is going .T.v is like 11 years old panasonic and washer is 10 or 11 years old .So really trying to save some money each month .My clothing can wait til i am ready ,I have lost the feeling to go into malls anymore,i would rather buy online and return .

Herman ,i have never used credit cards for groceries ,always debit .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Crisp but sunny start to the day!

4 day work week for me this week. Friday we leave early morning for a girls spa/hotel/concert night away. 4 of us! So looking forward to it!
    My friend messaged me yesterday saying how quick this weekend came! We planned it back in December!
    So my plan is to get all the work and housework done this week so the weekend can be all fun!

I cleaned out the upright freezer yesterday. Moved all the stuff to use up to the top shelf. Will plan the meals from there over the next few weeks.
    Took out a roast to thaw. Tossed it in the slow cooker this morning. (had to grab it from the basement/storage. We haven't used it since last winter)
    Will make mashed potatoes, gravy and veggies once I get home from work. Eat and then tidy up the kitchen. Will make up a container for my work lunch tomorrow

Yesterday I took a family pack of lean ground beef and cooked it up in the morning. Put it in the fridge and cleaned the kitchen.
    Then dinner I whipped up a homemade pasta sauce and cooked pasta and that was dinner. Have some of the cooked ground beef still so will put in the freezer for a future quick pasta dinner.
    Bought Naan bread for DS to make pizza (we have all the stuff needed to make and lots of shredded white cheese that I got for $2.99 a bag)
    He made some last night and the one piece that was left looked really good!

Tonight while making dinner I will give the fridge a good clean out. Cut up the pineapple on the counter. Plan meals for the next few days.

Have a great day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama,enjoy your weekend away with friends .
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@HermanH it depends on how much the fee is and honestly I don’t think everyone will do it (at least at first) so I’ll adjust accordingly. The cash back has to be more than the fee and I’d just make sure to consolidate my shops into as few as possible.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information