User Tag List

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well our leaky pipes have not been fixed .Hubby called his older brother for a bit of help on monday .It cant hurt to have another set of eyes look at something .

I
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA and Maxi and cie: no signs of the news upcoming tears pads coupons but at IGA I took the scene card
    Maxi and cie:
    Blueberries 170 gr x1 (only one left the other where organics and 6,99$ outch no) @2,00$ pm metro
    Raspberries 170 gr x 4 @1,43$ pm Super C
    Becel big tub of margarine 850 gr: @5,95$ pm Super C -1,25$ coupon=4,70$
    Red seedlees grapes @0.99$ lbs
    International delight coffee enhancer 946 ml @3,77$ pm Super C x2 minus 2 x 1 ,00$ coupons (print from their website) for the new caramel cookie bb july 26
    Merci small boxes of chocolate @2,88$ assorted x 6
    Medium bag of eggies @2,88$ x4 (for easter)
    Small pack of sausages @3,88$ Dalissa
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

And a goal and a rant at the same time:We receive now just 2 grocery flyers...grr..maxi and cie and iga...so my goal is to show dad how to check the flyers with reebee on his cellphone and gradually do pm...he did it when you have all the flyers in papers...and the rant..I am tired to be the only one watching the prices of things and do the grocery list.

That being said
    still overbudget ...the next week will be better
    21$ IGA
    15$ Tims Hortons
    85$ Public Harvest
    20$ medication
    116$ Maxi and cie
    Oh and cantaloupe price this week are insane..so my snack will be rapsberries and red seedless grapes.

so...I need to cut a little bit the next weeks....
    The dinners menus planning for this week is very simple;using what we have on hands,fridge and freezer.
    Have a good afternoon.
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Mar 26th, 2023 at 01:21 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh no @coupon girl , hopefully, they can find the issues and resolve/fix it.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good to know about Samsung appliances, thanks for posting.
    @SassyAshley tens machines are good, I have two - one that was covered long ago by my insurance co from a physio clinic and and after market one. Some machines now are tens and IFC combo. I purchased adhesive tape, as sometimes the pads no long stick.

Gorgeous sunny day today. We had a terrible storm yesterday with the wind and the rain. My neighbour who refuses to trim their birch tree claiming its' self pruning (???) its' branches fell all over my yard, and this morning I grabbed a bundle and threw them back into their yard. I refuse to bag her fallen branches, as the tree needs serious trimming. This neighbour has made things difficult over the years, so the heck with her and that stupid tree.

Watched the Banshees of Inisherin last night from the library.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Ciel21 ufile is free for certain people, and I qualify again this year. No need to spend any money filing taxes.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My son had a problem with his samsung fridge for many yrs the ice maker ,frozen and leaking under his deli tray .He now has a new fridge last month and it is not samsung.

Oh and his t.v went yesterday only 3 .5 years old samsung again.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a gorgeous day! After 2 hours of pickleball and a quick lunch of leftovers at home,dh and I went for a walk in the sunshine by the lake..,come on summer!
    Had leftover frozen lasagna for dinner that I put in containers in the freezer last week and although I’m not a huge fan of leftovers, I will say that todays were particularly yummy 😎
    I’ve heard about Samsung appliances being a problem and the last kitchen Reno I did, I bought LG and 7 years later there has been zero issues (crossing fingers). New appliances are not in the budget this year, been thinking of getting a new vehicle. Mine was written off in a crash last fall and I’ve been driving the Dodge Ram and that thing is a beast to parallel park😡

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Very frustrating,I installated new version of Tims Hortons apps on dad cellphone....it is just crashing does not want to open..If I would have knew that fact.I would had left the old version.So now We pass the physical card but need the apps to redeem and we cannot..Hope it will get resolved...And after noticed the pc card is hard to scan due to many use.I asked for another one and now it is linked to the account..hope it is fine.I dont want to loose points and offers.Regarding Scene plus card.All ok and registered.At IGA noticed members scene interesting prices and maybe a few good points deals,so I am happy I took the card.I did not have the airmiles card.But this one seems more easy and advantageous on earning.
    Have a good week !!!
    Knock on wood my 3 years old fridge is not a samsung it is a insignia...and no major problems up to this date...only stuff at the back in the fridge will freeze when we have too much stuff in it so we are carefull.News appliances are definately not in our budget..Washer and Dryer are 2009 but are fine.Maybe a new couch but second hand this summer but that it. The stove is new from last year.
    I have a bad feeling I will fail my custumer service exam wednesday afternoon too...That would be the 2 fail...and I have just the right of 3...I have not yet finish my book this week end and do the pre exams and tests...grrr very anxious and frustrated about that... Now the only left hollidays before the real summer 1 month hollidays(the others students have 2 months because they are not financed) will be the long Easter Hollidays.And I am working in my books like usual.I am trying a new medication this evening ....hoping for not too much side effects.
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Mar 26th, 2023 at 10:29 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Sometime when I am tired to watch for good prices and pm and coupons..I just remember what the cost of my grocery would be without those facts.And that justify me the efforts to do that even if t his is a little bit more job.Just by pm the blueberries and raspberries I saved a lot because currently the lowest price without pming is 4,00$ at maxi...And I paid 2,00$.I even saw raspberries at 7,00$ at IGA...crazy...So for the same grocery with or without that the grocery today I saved at least 25$ with the others things I bought.Like margarine big tub 4,70$ after pm and coupons reg price like 9$....international delight I paid like 2,77$ after pming and coupons reg 6,00$..So I try to manage to to see the saving and said to dad it is worthed.
    Just thinking I shoud do like angela and others .A month by month savings .To see how much I save by not paying reg price and by pming.That could be encouraging.
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Mar 26th, 2023 at 10:48 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad will finish my taxes papers this week.First year of having an income with school and many health expenses that I kept the paper proofs.So I should have some money back

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! I am never up this early but I when I woke up the birds were chirping and I just couldn't lay in bed any longer.

The gym appears to be open so I think I will go there for a bit and then to the bank and deposit the pile of reimbursement cheques from work that I have been collecting the past month. I. will have to wait till later to go to the town and pay the 2nd property tax installment. (have cash so need to go to the office)

I had to wash the liner tray from the back of my SUV (thankful I have it- Bleach spilt! When I took my King size bedding to the laundry mat. The smell was horrible! But it is all washed and clean now so I will put it back in today at some point.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I parked downtown to do my banking....a guy sitting on the bank stairs with a cardboard sign asking for money. So I walked down to the water and back up, went in to the Independent and then he was gone when I came out. It is really a problem.
    A few weeks ago I walked with an older lady to her bank because she didn't feel safe.

Cleaning the kitchen. Then I think I will meal prep a bit.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy Monday.

I have to admit today is a struggle, when my alarm went off at 5, my whole body said nope, not doing today. At 6 when my second alarm went off I had a pounding headache. I finally got up just before 7 but I am not feeling my best today, I think it is the weather. It is grey and snowing and supposed to snow most of the morning but the good news is so far it is not accumulating, let's hope it continues to not stick.

I have 500 things I need to get done today but all I want to do is go back to bed.

We forgot to turn on the Dishwasher Saturday night and since I went out Sunday morning it did not get turned on. We made the mistake of leaving it until after dinner and most of the dinner dishes would not fit in. I was so tired last night I decided to leave the dishes to do this morning because I was going to get up at 5 and get all the things done.

We ran the dishwasher last night so that needs to be emptied. Plus since I went out yesterday I did not get my one-hour reset done so the Bathroom needs to be cleaned and the floors on both levels need to be done. Plus I need to tidy the pantry and put away all of my pantry deals from this week's shop plus my Costco shop, as well all of my spices ran out last week so brought them up to refill the jars and now they need to go back down and be put away.

This plus work is insane today, the emails will not stop and it isn't just emails that can be filed (I am on multiple distribution groups) it is stuff I need to process and deal with.

Please can I just crawl back under my blankets and go back to bed? Today would be a good day to curl up on the couch and watch old Disney movies, but that isn't reality.

Just having some of the whipped Greek Yogurt I had made yesterday, yum, I added some Lime Zest and used Honey as my Sweetener this time, so good. Topped it with Strawberries, Blueberries and Kiwi.

Oh yeah, gotta figure out dinner for tonight, thinking of either Clubhouse Sandwiches or Fried Chicken Sandwiches but will see what Mom thinks when she gets up.

Happy Monday
    harbie, JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean and I left the sink of soap/water to wash up my meal prepping dishes as I go.

Made a pot of rice. Once cool I will mix fresh cilantro and lime into it.
    Have shrimp and steak thawing. Will make the shrimp seasoned up and crispy. Steak I will cut in strips and cook in cast iron pan.
    Fresh asparagus. Will sauteed in pan in garlic and lemon juice.
    Think I will treat us to a large Greek salad from RCSS to go with all this.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information