Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone,
    In QC we have sun and -3 degres,super happy about that
    Might do a few errands this morning
    Have a good day
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Dropped DS off at work. Went to the laundry mat and washed/dried King bedding. Went for a walk while the stuff was in the washer.

Ordered a $5 Flashfood box since it had the lemons and limes I need for food prep this weekend (Box has 1 mango, 3 avocados, 4 limes, 2 lemons, 26 clementines and 9 apples!) Pretty good haul I think.

Stopped at RCSS to pick up Flashfood box and asparagus $1.99LB and cilantro .99 cents.

Back home now and made sure to park back in the garage. The freezing rain started here while I was in the RCSS and is still pretty heavy.

I took BLSL chicken breast out of the freezer for dinner tonight. Thinking grilled chicken with avocado, asparagus and something else once I decide.

I watched a youtube meal prep video the other day and I am making it all tomorrow. Lime Cilantro Rice. Lemon Garlic Green Beans. Chicken Meatballs. And Shrimp (tons of seasoning etc it looked so good!!) He also make steak strips with a sauce but I think I shouldn't make too much this round. I can only eat so much lol

Well off to make the bed with fresh bedding. Left the window open the past 2 hours so the room is probably an icebox!

Stay safe today!
    And they had reduced the salt/ice melter. Picked up a bag for $2.84. Now we have 3 sealed bags ready to start the 2023/2024 season.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Mar 25th, 2023 at 10:34 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@sassyashly- I noticed the same price increase on the eggs at my RCSS this morning.
    oh and the cantalope are $4.99 this week ($1.88 last week!!!) Crazy (Glad I bought 2 on the last day on Wednesday)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

If any one uses the Food Basics app. Frozen turkey is 20.00 off this week. So for 17.00 I have a turkey that will make a number of meals, and I found some new to me coupons and was able to use 6.00 in coupons. So that feels like a win. I also stopped at Sobeys and picked up 150.00 gift card for the bonus 10000 points. It’s an easy way to say even thought I rarely shop at Freshco and Sobeys it all adds up.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sat, Mar 25th, 2023 at 04:11 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Two questions and yes, I have been on Amazon, I might be a little addicted, but it is so just easy to find what we need.

Has anyone here used a TENS machine? I think I used one when I was in physio and I know my Dad and Step-Mom have one as they offered to let me use it when we were on vacation but I didn't. I am thinking of getting one for Mom and I found one on sale on Amazon.

Also, does anyone have a Wet Vac? I see people on Youtube and Instagram using them all the time and I am wondering if it might be the answer to cleaning my kitchen floor. I have been eyeing up the Bissell Cross-Wave but the cheapest I can find that one is $250, but I found one on sale on Amazon for much less.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s a 2 day weekend so I stayed to work and prep for the days ahead. Thankfully I remembered that our small local volunteer run second hand store was open this afternoon. I paid $5 for a bag of kids clothes that I selected. I picked up several items for twin girl and a few for the boys. I haven’t checked there in a while. $10 for a great quality boys ski pants and matching jacket for my boys.

I learned that my school has a nice stationary bike in the workout room, so I did a 10 min bike ride as an afternoon break. I also walked to the grocery store in the morning to pick up a few items and walked to the second hand store this afternoon. It’s melting outside, but there’s still plenty of snow and the wind felt cold.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

What a change of weather...currently snowing.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy i have a dr.hos circulation platform plus pads for certain areas that have pain my knees ,i have used it once so far.It is okay so far.

Well my diningroom ceiling had a leak (from the upstairs shower),not fun ,hubby had to try and fix it is has done a fair amount of plumbing around the house .So around 4.00 p.m he showered while i watched to make sure no more drips ,we will patch it up later with drywall.$40 for this plumbing job and about the same for the under the sink upstairs bathroom last week .

I guess when you own a home things happen -look my son had snow/ice fall on his windshield last week,now today his t.v just went after only 3 and a half yrs .So he popped into canadian tire and got one on sale after work.

Then we popped over to sons to see the girls ,havent seen them in 8 days .Played with the girls outside for a bit ,got my daughter-in-law to go thru some clothing of the girls ,so i could bring the old stuff home .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sassy, I hate washing my floors and often wonder about those steam mops. I have heard good things about the shark and maybe next time it’s on sale at Costco I will splurge.
    We ordered our new fridge today. I went with Home Depot even though I am not a fan. They had the kitchen aid that I wanted and the delivery is in a week. Tasco told me 9 months so I doubt he even looked it up as he was pushing a Bosch but had such an awful interior it would have drove me mad every time I opened the doors. I will never buy another Samsung product in any fashion again.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This morning I got up so early so put everything away from last night’s dinner party and now enjoying coffee with my feet up!
    before I go to pickleball I will have a budget meeting with DH to plan out Aprils spending

The freezer is 3/4 full thankfully so it will mostly likely be under budget for shopping but we are taking a mini vacation at Halcyon hot springs later in the month, that will take $$ from the travel account.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Two questions and yes, I have been on Amazon, I might be a little addicted, but it is so just easy to find what we need.
    Me too @SassyAshley
    Has anyone here used a TENS machine?

Yes! We have both used the one I bought ( reimbursed through my work, health benefits ) so many years ago now ( circa 1990? ) and it has never stopped doing the trick!
    All we have ever done is buy new sticky pads and replaced the 9 volt battery when needed.

I think I used one when I was in physio and I know my Dad and Step-Mom have one as they offered to let me use it when we were on vacation but I didn't. I am thinking of getting one for Mom and I found one on sale on Amazon.

DH and both have had various stints in physio and have found they have decent tens treatments there as well

Also, does anyone have a Wet Vac?

Sassy, I have never owned one but only because DH works on a dock and had expressed a warning to me many years ago about the number of these Steam cleaning machines he
    saw being returned ( either for refund or repair? ) for months on end. Some brands were coming through more often but cannot remember the name now. He cautioned me never to buy any model of them.
    Now we DO own a Shop Vac, but that is for his workshop stuff. I think it sucks up wet spills too but been so long since I've seen it in action.

I see people on Youtube and Instagram using them all the time and I am wondering if it might be the answer to cleaning my kitchen floor. I have been eyeing up the Bissell Cross-Wave but the cheapest I can find that one is $250, but I found one on sale on Amazon for much less.
    Hope this helps some?
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 , Bro and his Fiancee have a number of Samsung appliances as they came with the house when they bought it.

The ice maker on their fridge went so they got a quote to get it first the first 3 people they called would not even look at a Samsung. Finally found one who gave them a quote and I think it was $700 or $800 to fix it and they would only offer a 1-month warranty on the repair. They were told it is not a question of if it would go again it was a question of when. He also told them if they got a year they would be lucky so instead, they bought a countertop Ice Machine.

Well, he was there he noticed they also had a Samsung Dishwasher and asked if has leaked yet. It has not but he warned them to be careful they are known to leak. He said they would turn it on one day nothing would sound wrong but you will walk back into your floor covered in water. The good new is they have a water detector through there security system on the dishwasher so if it does leak they will get notified.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Sassy, I hate washing my floors and often wonder about those steam mops. I have heard good things about the shark and maybe next time it’s on sale at Costco I will splurge.
    We ordered our new fridge today. I went with Home Depot even though I am not a fan. They had the kitchen aid that I wanted and the delivery is in a week. Tasco told me 9 months so I doubt he even looked it up as he was pushing a Bosch but had such an awful interior it would have drove me mad every time I opened the doors. I will never buy another Samsung product in any fashion again.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , thank you. I think I will try the TENS machine I found one with good reviews on and is on sale for a really good price.

I am torn on the wet vac, do I try the one on sale or hold out to see if I can get the Cross Wave at a better price, I know a few people who have them and love them. I just want an easier way to clean our kitchen floor. At our old house, we had linoleum and could use a Swiffer Wet in between moppings but the tiles here just rip the cloth to shreds so it always has to be the mop and bucket. It would be nice to have something you can quickly clean the floor with if there is a spill.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I feel like I have not stopped since I got up but that is because I haven't.

I had hoped to get up around 5 (I say hope only because I did not want to set my alarm on a Sunday) get a few things done around the house and then head out to pick up a few things if we did not get snow over which we did not. If we got snow I knew I would not want to clean off my car and would talk myself out of going.

I did not wake up until 6:30 so I had to change my plan slightly but still make it come together. I got up, and set out PVR for the week, it is my Sunday Morning Routine. Then I headed out. First I went to Freshco where I got:
    2 x Sugar $1.88 with Scene Card
    1 x Clementines 3lb $2.99
    2 x Mini Cucumbers 6-pack $2.49 + 50 scene points/pack
    1 x Grapes $1.77/lb (PM No Frills)

Then I went to Dollarama, they did not have the Microfiber Produce bags I was looking for but I got:
    4 x Bleach Toilet Tabs $1.25
    1 x Pumice Stone $4.25 - Going to try this in my toilet to rid of some marks
    1 x Kitchen Mat $3 - To go under our Dish Rack
    Then I restocked my Journal Supplies, not needed now but if they have them buy them:
    3 x Bic Markers $3.25
    2 x Felt Pens $2
    2 x Sharpie Pens $4.25
    4 x Notebooks $1.25 - These are for my To-Do lists, not my Journal but they had them last 2 times they did not

Our new Dish Rack has a Cutlery Holder on the front and a Cutting Board Holder on the back but there is no mat under it so I need something to catch the drips as we have been using paper towels which is not a long-term solution. I knew it would fit on the front but did not think it would fit at the back but it does, so now I need to go back for a second one.

Then off to SDM to get:
    2 x Eggs 12-pack $2.79 - Personal Offer

Then to Costco:
    1 x Ground Pork 3 KG Tube - $4 Savings
    1 x Naan
    1 x Bocconcini
    1 x Feta
    1 x Salad Topper
    1 x Cucumber Poppers - $1.50 Savings
    1 x Sponges - $4 Savings
    1 x Cheese Slices
    1 x Cinnamon Danish
    1 x Garlic Powder
    1 x Onion Powder
    1 x Paprika
    1 x Chef's Seasoning - $1.50 savings
    1 x Kirkland Arthritis

I got the Arthritis stuff for Mom, she found my old Tylenol Arthritis they suggested I take after my surgery and used it and said it helped so I grabbed the Kirkland version. Got my Ground Pork and a few other things. The Chefs Seasoning looks like and smells like Italian Seasoning, I figure for $4.50 let's try it. The Danish were a splurge since I woke up late and I did not eat before I went.

The Feta and Bocconcini are because I am feeling the Spring Vibes and Salads.

I did not get the check the price of Eggs at Costco because they had the back section where the eggs were closed off as they were putting out Toilet Paper and Paper Towels, I went back twice and it was still closed so I gave up. Will check next time I got.

Then Mom texted me and reminded me she needed Halls so I went to a different Dollarama to check for my produce bag, but they did not have it but did have the Basket I want for my Crochet. Was not sure which size would work best so I bought two, the one I do not use will be used somewhere else. I got:
    2 x Baskets
    1 x Halls

I did spend a little more than I have planned across the board, Dollarama was a bit more than I had planned but that was Journaling supplies and I have room in my budget for those. As well at Costco, I spent a little more but that was the Danish and the Arthritis Pills which she just tried yesterday and I choose not to wait for a sale if they help her, they help her and it is Costco this bottle will last 6+ months. Plus, the spices Paprika was not on my list but we seem to be using it more and more, Costco is so much cheaper than Bulk Barn and the Chef Seasoning was an impulse buy. But overall I am happy but I may be a little over on my grocery budget, but I was under last month so it will all wash out. Other than Chicken we are officially stocked up on all meats, I will need Chicken Breasts next Costco Shop.

Now that I am home, I filmed all of my hauls, put everything away, took out garbage and recycling and next I will prep the next produce I bought.

Happy Sunday

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I went at IGA no sign of the news coupons but took the scene card

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information