User Tag List

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!! I can see the sun trying to peek out from the clouds.

Enjoying my coffee while going through email. Looks like a great work day.. Have a few things to deal with and then I am ready for whatever comes my way.
    I should try and go to aquafit this morning. But that means getting in a cold pool lol. Maybe I will hit the afternoon one once I wake up.

Looked over the upcoming sale flyers. Another good week for for fresh stuff. (mushrooms/asparagus/peppers) and Almond milk for smoothies.
    Totally clean eating going forward. I have felt so sluggish lately and eating crap is doing it to me.
    Will make sure to pick up raspberries, pineapple and cantaloupe today (last day of sale) Then tomorrow will be the veggie stock up. Funny how the cycles work but I will make the sales work!

Dinner- Guess I should take out some protein. Thinking a veggie/chicken stir-fry. Simple. Good. Filling. So many odds and ends of frozen veggies to use up for this today.

Enjoy the day!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I shopped at Costco yesterday and got everything I needed for a week so will not look at the flyers, thatís the best way for me to save money. I still have lots of room in the fridge for party prep this weekend,and Iíll get some things made in advance.
    Today I have a massage and an appointment with the accountant then pickleball with a group of women.
    Dinner will be broccoli soup and Blt sandwiches as dh has an early evening meeting
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

That was productive! Made breakfast and then pulled out the fresh veggies that needed to be dealt with. Chopped an onion, pepper and celery.
    Pulled a carot/cauliflower mix, green beans and peas. All sauteed in coconut oil. Now my bowls are ready with the veggies and I just have to add the chicken later once I cook it. I took out a bag of pork chunks that I am going to cook up for the others and I made a pot of rice. Will make pork fried rice!
    So all I need to do now is cook the meat.

I cut up celery and put it in snack bags. I just pulled one out now and ate it. Crunchy and just what I needed. I see celery is on again tomorrow so think I will grab another! And snap peas! If I have this stuff ready to grab and go then I am set.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Mar 22nd, 2023 at 11:52 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon hubby and i got our haircut today,our hairdresser gave up her business and is taking a break before she finds a new place.I called her and said if she could still cut our hair (i paid her and gave a nice tip)so off we went to her place.

My air fryer came in ,neighbour told the guy she would sign for it .This was nice of her .So question if any of you ladies or men have an airfryer what do you love cooking in it ?What comes our very nicely cooked.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Afternoon hubby and i got our haircut today,our hairdresser gave up her business and is taking a break before she finds a new place.I called her and said if she could still cut our hair (i paid her and gave a nice tip)so off we went to her place.

My air fryer came in ,neighbour told the guy she would sign for it .This was nice of her .So question if any of you ladies or men have an airfryer what do you love cooking in it ?What comes our very nicely cooked.
    @coupon girl I cannot say this enough times but a whole chicken ( needs to be a smaller one though ) cooks up in our air fryer so fabulous! We've done so many that way and in the summer it helps with no oven on. It always comes with crispy skin and moist insides, fully cooked. I usually just flip the bird over once. Also I have put these birds in with not even S & P and they still taste fab. However, dried herbs sprinkled all over both sides do make a nice change if you prefer more flavour.
    If you have any of the frozen appys, they always cook up nice in the AF as opposed to on a cookie sheet at gawd awful high 450 temps. We have also cooked what they call Grilled Mexican Street Corn. We halve the cobs, brush with mayo and sprinkle with cayenne and Hungarian paprika, S & P , turning over as all sides cook.
    Have fun!!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Also veggies cook well in the air fryer. Asparagus is my fav in there (on sale tomorrow somewhere!!)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We love our Air Fryer, we love it so much, we got the double basket one but I am not giving up my single basket one.

We love to cook vegetables in the air fryer, especially Potatoes if we are running late making dinner. Potatoes that would take 45 minutes in the oven are done in 20 in the air fryer. We also love throwing various veggies in as a side dish, Brussel Sprouts, Carrots, Broccoli anything you would roast in the oven can go in.

As @walkonby mentioned any frozen appetizers are great in the air fryer, so much quicker and easier than in the oven.

My only word of warning is to be careful until you are used to the Air Fryer, it does cook things faster and usually if there are air fryer instructions they tell you to cook at a lower temp. It is easy to burn things if you are not paying attention. Most things recommend stirring at the halfway point and I have had a few times where things are been done at this point.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have two air fryers, one for home and one in the trailer. My favourite veggie to cook in them is beets! I cut them into 1-2inch pieces all about the same size, toss with olive oil and seasoning

so good to have as a side and on a salad
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks for all the tips ladies ,used it tonight had frozen french fries with M&M chicken fingers in it.I dont have any potatoes in the house so couldnt do fresh potatoes.Hubby loved it said it was crispier and tasty.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Today was a very spendy day. Pup had his yearly check up and grooming and my SUV needed service. Thankfully not as much as I expected and I used 50.00 in Canadian tire points and earned 35.00 and I realized I had an offer for 3.00 in points with a gas purchase so now I and back over 40.00.
    I really should be in bed as I have crazy busy day on Thursday but I am a night owl.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's Thursday!! This week is chugging along!

Dropped DS off at school for 8am. Stopped at office to grab some stuff. Then stopped at RCSS for bananas and almond milk.
    Put away the clean dishes and will wash up the few dirty ones while I make breakfast soon.
    Just enjoying my coffee now.

Have a wonderful day!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Iíve got early morning pickleball and a breathing test at the hospital in the afternoon. Hope to get a walk in sometime today
    Neither dh or I have plans this evening so Iíll think if something to make for dinner and maybe catch up on Ted Lasso on Apple TV
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Took out chicken breasts that I was going to grill up for the others (I have my chicken/veggies bowls that will last me today and tomorrow.

But noticed DS had an open jar of pasta sauce in the fridge so I dug the meat sauce in the freezer and that is simmering on the stove now. Will make fresh pasta later this afternoon. Will text oldest that dinner will be here if he is interested in between his student lessons.
    Will make the chicken on the weekend with fresh asparagus. yum!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to shoppers seniors day for me only spent 24.16 but got back $3.59 for a scoop of english muffins =yeah second scoop of the year for me.

Then off to get pizza pizza for hubby and i .Popped into bulk barn saved 5.00 from spending $20.00 got the easter balls to hide for my grandkids as shoppers didnt have any only carnaby caramel ones .

I got my royale cpns today good til june 2023.Plus emailed the wonderfull pistachios company a few weeks back and i got 3-$1.00 cpns today .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Mar 23rd, 2023 at 06:44 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A fantastic work day! Finally completed something that has been an issue because of our system change. So happy to have that done now!

Kitchen is clean! Food ready in the fridge to heat and eat for dinner.

Its nice and bright out now finally. Still cloudy but not as dark and gray as it was earlier.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information