User Tag List

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon just doing laundry today

Watching last season of greys on netflicks.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Looks like a beautiful sunny start to the day here!

I have some deposits to make so will make it downtown at some point today and do my banking and then take a nice walk to the water.

Kitchen cleaning and laundry is the plan today. Oh and my work day but it sure feels like a Monday and I do not feel like working today
    I'm sure everyone will be back from March break vacation and catching up on emails etc so it could be a quiet or crazy day...who knows!

Sipping my coffee. Really getting good use of the new coffee maker I bought at Home Depot. Working on a bag of beans from Costco bought long ago.

Found a deal on exterior paint... want it for the front door and garage. Deciding if we need another project....or just work on the stuff on the list that hope to accomplish this year.

Have a great day!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugh, not feeling today. I had trouble sleeping and there is something about getting a bad night of sleep on a Sunday night, just feels like you are starting the week on the wrong foot.

But, I am working on turning it around. I am working on all of the work things.

Plus, my second load of laundry is in now. Trying to decide if I will wash the microfiber clothes today or wait and do it when I do the bedding which I also want to get done this week. I am trying the Downy Rinse and Refresh, I will say, I am loving the smell, I smelt it before I bought it but today pouring it out, I really do like the smell and when I went down to move the first load to the dryer my whole basement smells so good. Will see what I think when the first load comes out of the dryer.

The dishwasher is half emptied, did that well I made my Breakfast. Will finish it shortly.

Trying to decide on dinner, thinking I might keep it super simple with a Baked Chicken Breast, Baked Potato, a Veggie (will pull something from the freezer) and a side Salad.

We have a lot of produce but not many to use as a side dish mostly for Salads. We have Mushrooms, Peppers, Carrots & Romaine but we do have tons of Veggies in the freezer I can pull out.

I was supposed to run out today and pick up some random stuff for around the house, but we will see how I feel as the day goes on. Might go later in the week instead.

Happy Monday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh i just got my towel set from airmiles sooo nice .The towel is so big and i am sure would be 15.00 to 20.00 in stores (it is a canadian made set)in beige,nice size hand towel and face cloth.Free is good!

It was 10 days to recieve and something is coming on tuesday.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Mar 20th, 2023 at 10:56 AM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Oh i just got my towel set from airmiles sooo nice .The towel is so big and i am sure would be 15.00 to 20.00 in stores (it is a canadian made set)in beige,nice size hand towel and face cloth.Free is good!
    That was quick!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is cleaned. Load of laundry in the washer. Will hang it to dry and then put in a load of whites.

Our fridge is pretty empty and I like it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Spent yesterday binge watching You and down to the final episode. Will watch tomorrow as Bachelor is on tonight.

Found a good deal at Rexall. They are selling all the valentines/st.patricks day Claire jewelry for $2. I bought green earrings that have a long posts. Also found a Cetaphil cleanser with a free full size tub of moisture cream attached on clearance. I found a $3 off coupon attached to another product that I pulled off and used at the cash. Always wanted to try the cream which retails for $28 at Shoppers. Now I have both Cetaphil and Cerave creams that should last for a while, as I usually buy the Clinique deep comfort cream which retails for $50 which is no longer in my budget. Switching over to drugstore brands now for most products.

Gorgeous sunny day, off I go to walk the dog.
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Mar 20th, 2023 at 11:50 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

all you busy bees buzzing around getting your chores done has me feeling like I'm almost part of the group! I swept the living dining room floors ( cat hair galore! ) and then cleared all the dead plants from the front window ( 2 small Poinsettias and 3 Amaryllis ) They had served their purpose over Christmas so I stopped watering them in February....lol The sun that beats through that window is deadly hot so I lost 2 small fake candles ( battery operated ) but have a waxy outer shell. They melted and were all misshapen.

Now the window is all set for Easter! I put the BUNNY ZONE caution banner across the window on a diagonal, laid deep purple and light mauve " grass " all along the shelf, hung up a couple of Dollar store trinkets directly ion the glass and now I need to find some fake eggs to place on the grasses. I would like them to be large enough that you can see them from the walkway, hoping the Dollar store will scratch that itch for me

Enjoy the sunshine everyone!!.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Barbis -i use cetaphil for face wash in my 60's here and i love cerave.I bought a tub with a small tube set at costco back in sept with my son 19.99.I almost put it back and my son said "mom you have the money"so glad i bought it .Love this stuff.

Yes kids, sometimes we do have a bit of money but then it goes on stuff like hubby's tooth $1,200.00.At least my dentist is letting me split the payment up.

Barbis,i have to buy drugstore purchases now also still have my few high end brands i bought awhile back .

Got my Dr.ho's circulation pad for feet from my airmiles with pads for pain (my arthritic knees somedays ).I used it for 10 minutes ,lets see if it helps .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I think that the false emergency call phenomenon is only going to increase, what with this feature being added to virtually every phone or device. One news show was reporting a spate of accidental 911 calls triggered by skiers at a nearby resort wiping-out on the slopes. The amount of time and energy spent by emergency services and 911 to respond to all these false incidents is quite detrimental to the safety of others; not to mention the cost.
    It'd make more sense for resorts to post signage of the local snow/avalanche/rescue team phone number so that 911 call re-directs don't get bogged down on the cellular networks. I mean all those falling skiers would have to give an address for where they are calling from while cellphone 911 operator redirects the calls to local emergency 911 centres.
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    We had to replace a toilet 2 years ago because DS flipped a shaving cream cap into the toilet while if was flushing (by accident)
    Took the toilet off to try and get it... It was an old toilet anyway lol and only $99.99 and water friendly so in the end it was a good investment. Kids!
    Lids are down now at your home? Because toilet replacements take a long time... YR2000 comes to mind when Dad and Bro replaced the wax seal under the one toilet on a stat holiday.
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mail on Friday contained the magazine I was waiting on! Happy to read after I got home and had a beverage (I was also hungry).

Saturday-was surprised to see an almost 3" layer of tiny fluffy flakes left overnight from all the huffing and puffing night. Also the alternating powder snow and fluffy snow currents in the afternoon!

Sunday-finally made a pot of curried lentil stew for lunch! After I had breakfast (priorities included sweet milky tea). Bro treated me to some PC flatbread (some of which leaked melted cheese onto the baking pan-the carbon smoke setting off the smoke detector) and Dairy Milk hazelnut chocolate in the evening (we still argue like cats and dogs but occasionally have snacks/food together-still waiting on the reason why last night happened). Loved the swiss bacon potato one but despited the Sweet Heat one as there definitely was hot sauce on it.

This morning-got two laundry loads done and living room vacuumed before I came out to the library. Helped someone print off a registry list too (something I had done with a different list last week to send to a relative). Felt good to get some "checked off" items done! Hope to repeat that feeling tomorrow morning and be earlier to the library (this morning, I was not an early bird).

March has made me a March Fool! I have yet to fill the one yard bag as most of the yard work is under the snow. I did manage a bit of raking on Saturday during the morning. I spent over $20 on yard waste bags in February and now, I have to wait for the rain/snowshowers this week and next to clear the yard of snow!

I did read the new waste/recycling calendar from the City of Hamilton. I may lean towards only putting the recycling out every other week as it's a pain to be the one mostly expected to take it out and to bring it back in. Plus to save the plastic grocery bags for shopping or trash use, I am going to use twine on the cardboard/paper bundles that go to the recycling box and leave the containers loose (sigh, I dread this as no one really chases down their runaway items on the road when Mr Wind blows loose things out of containers).

Considering the temperatures forecast, I need to get a spring jacket soon. This winter coat will be too warm for 12C weather. Maybe I'll break out the domed Fulton umbrella this week!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    I did read the new waste/recycling calendar from the City of Hamilton. I may lean towards only putting the recycling out every other week as it's a pain to be the one mostly expected to take it out and to bring it back in. Plus to save the plastic grocery bags for shopping or trash use, I am going to use twine on the cardboard/paper bundles that go to the recycling box and leave the containers loose (sigh, I dread this as no one really chases down their runaway items on the road when Mr Wind blows loose things out of containers).
    We don't bother to set out our own re-cycling and just put it out at our neighbour's spot when they do. Our waste department actually suggested this as an alternative, since it also cuts down on the number of stops a collector needs to make.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good afternoon.

Was up early as usual and have done 2 loads of laundry and Dh went to the bank, Costco and Safeway. Fridge is full again and we’re veggie stocked up for at least a week or more. $200 at Costco wasn’t bad and $24 at Safeway.

Dh and I had our weekly bill payment/budget meeting and so far we are still on budget. We have had to “play” with our weekly food budget a bit but so do most with this stupid inflation and shrinkflation nonsense.

The sun is gone but the rain hasn’t started so we might hit the pickle ball court and play a quick game in a bit. Definitely going to have to do some yoga today to help my back since it’s acting up a bit.

Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening!!!
    Yay!!! We have sun!!!
    Got my new planning schedule with director rules and looks like I cannot fail more exams or I will not be financed by the program I am in anymore..kind of scary and stressfull...And no more change for exams at all... for the rest of the year
    Tomorrow and until the march 31 I will be receptionnist in my class with the phone...pretty exciting but stressfull a little bit
    Have a good evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information