User Tag List

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My daughter called me on her way home from peterbrough to toronto.She loved the retreat ,she told me about the mother ,daughter that went and the 85 year old man who,s wife died a few years back.He asked if he may sit at my daughter's table with her and another woman ,no problem they said .

She did cold plunging ,a yoga class ,a vegan cooking class,a spiritual session .She is well rested ready to pick sebastian up from his dad's .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Sounds like a wonderful place @coupongirl . It was very nice of your daughter to sit with a widower. I bet that made his day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! No sunshine but no snow or rain so that is a win!

Tonight- Mission is to put away clean laundry. Clean out the fridge and pitch anything we aren't using (2 juice containers that nobody is drinking) Give the shelves a good wipe down. Take inventory of fresh stuff to be used up (raspberries, peppers and cucumbers for sure)
    Then I am hitting the upright freezer and moving stuff around to make some space for upcoming bbq sales (wishful thinking!!)
    I know there are a bunch of things I moved to the top shelf already with the plan to use them up so I need to plan the meals around this stuff over the next 2 weeks. I will take something out tonight and that will be the dinner plan tomorrow!

I swept the sand in the garage this morning while waiting for DS to take him to school. My mission to clean out the garage completely is exciting! I can't wait to have it all clean and all the junk gone! DS hasn't touched his hockey net in years.... that will free up lots of space and it is in great condition so should get a couple bucks for it! I should have empty shelving units so will be able to use in the garage sale and then can sell them after (keeping them just means storing more junk so off they go!!)

Have a wonderful day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie,it is a wonderfull place my dear daughter has been there twice now .In fact she is trying to talk me into going down the road ,a little pricey but i may consider it,we will see.She called me this morning she lost 5 pounds in the 4 days ,such healthy eating i said and the 2 hikes she went on .

Well it has been 10 yrs today since my mom passed ,i do miss her some days ,so every one with a mom enjoy your dear mothers .

My dentist i called yesterday said i can divide my payment into 3 which i may do ,very nice of them i told her.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a struggle, I did not get a good night's sleep but it was one of those days where I felt like I did not get a good night's sleep, I was so tired and lacking focus, it was a day. But I am also proud of myself, I got the laundry done, emptied the dishwasher, did get some of my work stuff done and make a proper dinner so I am going to see that as a win.

Not going to lie, I was so tempted to grab a quick option out of the freezer but I stuck to my plan of Baked Chicken Breast with Baked Potato, Broccoli & some marinated Cucumbers

Now that nagging question that will not go away, what's for dinner tonight? I have no ideas for tonight. I want something that does not have leftovers as my fridge is bursting at the seams with food and I am starting to worry it won't all get eaten, going to have to watch and make sure it does get eaten.

We did not go out yesterday, Mom was having a bad day and did not want to go which worked for me as I really did not have the ambition to go. So we shall see when I go. It is stuff we need for the house but it isn't anything we need now so no rush.

Mom needed something from Amazon so I added some stuff I needed to her order. I ordered a 2-pack of under-the-sink organizers, I am going to be replacing the kitchen faucet, I have the new faucet, just need to install it. Then I want to redo under this sink, right now we have a bin full of stuff that honestly, I do not think most of it would be living under the sink. So I want to get it organized.

Plus under our Bathroom Sink is a disaster, it is so hard to get out what you need unless what you need is at the front. Ultimately, I would like to replace our Bathroom Vanity but I have a feeling when we do we will also need to replace the floor. It looks like the previous owners only laid the flooring around the Vanity and not under it. Plus all of the Vanities Mom likes stand up off the floor in little legs. So for now I will organize what I have.

That will be an upcoming project to reorganize under both sinks but I know I will be so happy once it is done.

Happy Tuesday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sample Source emails have gone out by invite again this time. I got 11 samples, I see some got 15 but I think it is because we have no smokers or pets in the house.

I got a couple of candies I am not sure about, we will try them but if we do not like them I am sure my niece and nephews will enjoy them.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today is a Costco shop to replenish the basics. I was away for 6 weeks and I’ve been back for 3 now and the plan to use up fridge and pantry stockpiles has gone surprisingly well! I do not like crowded food storage in my kitchen and love the room in the fridge especially! I’ll be careful buying only the things I know we’ll use quickly( good for organization and budget!)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We do have the sunshine today which is always great for the night time when all the solar lights come up BUT when trying to snap any photos outside, ugh! The reflections in the glass.
    I didn't even know I was IN the photo till I checked after lol.
    Anyhow before I forget to lift up you @SassyAshley I mean, you must have read my mind! Those under the sink areas can always benefit from a facelift and there are many nifty organizers that help with that. I've been meaning to re-do the upstairs bathroom cupboard ( under the sink ) as well. When I want a cleaning product I have to pull out 3 others to get at it.

I'll still post the awful pics I did snap because they make me giddy with joy! Easter is coming! The big window decor says so. lol

Name:  Easter window.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  57.8 KB Name:  baby bunnies.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  43.7 KB

Name:  mom bunny and baby.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  64.3 KB Name:  door decor.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  80.8 KB
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Walkonby love your decor and easter baskets ,very nice.

I went out this morning to canadian tire got sebastian toy there along with bubbles and chaulk for the grandkids-saved 8.20 in triangle points because i spent over $40.00 and got 20 times the points on toys.We have to work these points systems to our advantage .

Then into walmart for a few groceries and the girls easter toys plus hersheys chocolate bunnys .I notice the ham i bought on sale is really smaller now $8.97 shrinkflation uggg.

All done my easter shopping for the grandkids ,mission accomplished.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Regarding sample source today:
    Out of 3 email I got invite on 1 ..my 2 emails
    Had a chance to log it at lunch time,
    Got 15 samples (smokers yes my dad and pets yes) the samples I got I remember are:
    -Affresh laundry
    -Pure Leaf 570 ml bottle(expect an fpc)
    Becel margarine (expect an fpc)
    -Canada dry zero gingerale (expect an fpc)
    - New HomeStyle Rice Krispies not sure abour an fpc as they asked the flavor...
    -Resolve laundry pretreatment?
    -Reactine
    -Trollie candy
    -Another kind of canndy
    -Nicoderm gums?
    -Temptations bites
    -Whiskas wet food
    -Dishwasher cleaner
    and I dont remember the 2 other ones....???
    Very happy
    I wonder if the sample are limited with an invite to first come first served.I dont know if I would have got 15 samples now...
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I did not get samplesource last time or this time.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I stopped at no frills on my way to an appt. I got

(4) peak freen cookies p.m to freshco 2.50 each -1.50 loaded offer expires on wednesday i think =1.00 each who who great buy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The other night when I could not sleep I was looking up wet vacuums, I kind of really want one, I see people on Instagram and YouTube using them but they seem so much cheaper in the US. They can get them for $100 - $150, the cheapest I can find is $250.

But well I was looking at Wet Vacuums, stick vacuums kept showing up in my search. I love my vacuum but one thing that disappointed me was I thought I bought a vacuum with a washable filter, nope it has a paper filter. This made me think I really should order more filters.

The next day I pulled out my manual to find out what filter I needed and two things happened.

1) I found out the filter can be washed even though it looks like it is paper. The manual recommends 24 hours but most online say 3 to 5 days. This made me super happy.

2) I was still looking for filters just to have and everywhere including the site for the vacuum I have are on backorder. I finally found some on Amazon but they were super expensive. BUT I found a vacuum that looked identical to mine but with a different name and these filters were much cheaper. So I took a chance and ordered them, I got them today and they are an exact match.

So instead of paying $25.99 for 2 filters + $10 shipping (Third party seller), I got 4 filters for $12,99 and free shipping with Amazon Prime.

This weekend after I do my Sunday Reset and do the floors, I will take apart my vacuum and wash the filters and let them dry.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

******************It is wednesday so dont forgot to save yours 4 favorites pc offers***************I just did mine
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am so confused as to what day it is, when I woke up, I thought it was Thursday, then I thought it was Tuesday, I am so confused.

But, it is Wednesday which means it is new flyer day. I have looked at the front pages only and it looks like there might be a few good deals to be had this week.

My work to-do list for today feels a little next level for today, I am struggling to keep up. To be honest, I feel like I am having an off week but I have decided today is the day I turn it all around.

I had been planning to wash the bedding today, but I slept in so maybe tomorrow.

Need to figure out dinner for tonight, last night we just had Nachos with Taco Meat pulled from the freezer. Since I had an afternoon training session Mom was working in the kitchen so we needed something quick as it was dinner time and we still needed to clean the kitchen. Tonight I am thinking Chicken, maybe Chicken Sandwiches or Black Pepper Chicken over Rice.

Happy Wednesday
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information