User Tag List

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 454
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

  1. #196
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    2,637
    Likes Received
    8252
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @barbis9, she has looked into but our local pool is still on Covid restrictions so it is impossible to get in, you can go on the waitlist but from what we have read unless our town decides to remove the restrictions which they are saying are the new normal it is pointless. They are opening a new public pool hopefully sometime in 2023 or 2024 so we will wait.

    But thank you for the suggestion. This is why I thinking of the float tank but again we do not have one close. I love small-town living but it also has its drawbacks.
    @SassyAshley still limited due to covid restrictions? That is very strange as most pools - city/town run and Y is open with no restrictions. Whereabouts do you live?
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.

  2. #197
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    10,194
    Likes Received
    43102
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)



    Good Morning Everyone,
    A much better day today. although I was feeling much better by bedtime yesterday which was a relief.

    I made dinner. Then got 3 manuals completed and saved them to the server and dealt with some other day-to-day stuff. I am not saying I am caught up, I do not think that will happen until April after go-live but I feel more like I can handle this today.

    Well, I made my breakfast I tidied the Kitchen. Mom washed the Dutch Oven for me last night which was a nice surprise, I forgot to do it before I went to bed.

    It was snowing here earlier, it looked like a snow globe. It has stopped now so I will head out shortly and shovel and clear off the cars.

    I need to run to the Post Office and drop off a return, out of the 8 pairs of leggings I got from Old Navy, Mom is keeping the 2 pairs I ordered for her, I am keeping 3 of the 6 pairs I ordered for myself. I am sending back the 3-pack I ordered which makes me a little sad as those were the ones I ordered to wear outside the house. The 2 pairs for Mom and 2 of my 3 pairs were on clearance, I got them for under $10/pair and are in colours/styles we would not wear out. One pair, I can wear out. The 3-pack although the same size as all of the other leggings fit a little too snug for my liking.

    I really need to go through my clothes and be brutally honest with myself and get rid of some clothing. I just hate going through my clothes because I always worry I am going to get rid of something and then need it and have to replace it. So I tend to keep more than I should but I need to be realistic so I can look at what I have and if there are any holes I need to fill.

    Happy Tuesday.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  3. #198
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    10,194
    Likes Received
    43102
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)



    @barbis9 , Yes, we seem to be the only town still on restriction. Welcome to small-town living. I am in Northern York Region.

    From what I have read public swim is limited to 40 people and opens 1 week before and within 5 minutes it is full as you now have to pre-register to get in.

    There is a community center near the branch I work at often, it is out of town for us but I have heard great things from people at work and even people on Facebook have said they now go here as you can get in. Might see if that interests Mom as I have even heard people say you are the only one there a lot of times as she could go at off times. I have noticed she doesn't like going places when it might be busy. If I am going somewhere after work she won't go with me because it might be busy or if she does, she stays in the car.

    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @SassyAshley still limited due to covid restrictions? That is very strange as most pools - city/town run and Y is open with no restrictions. Whereabouts do you live?
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  4. #199
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    2,637
    Likes Received
    8252
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    @SassyAshley I don't recommend public swim as that means lots of kids, splashing, etc. I doubt your Mom would like that, as I know public swim gives me a headache, and I hate getting my hair wet! I usually go to lane swim, and exercise in the slow lane (which is usually empty) when I miss hydrotherapy.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

  5. #200
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    2,637
    Likes Received
    8252
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Busy decluttering. Can't believe how many freebies I have in my linen closet. I'm on my fifth bag of paperwork that I am shredding. After my last car accident, I let everything pile up, and now lots to clear up. Note to self: if I bring something into the house, something needs to go out.

    Going through my canned food, as the prices in the stores are crazy. I can't believe Mr. Weston saying that supermarket profits are not causing inflation. How does one explain the large price discrepancies between Fortinos and Shoppers - both owned by the same company? And saying he doesn't know the breakdown in profits??? Meanwhile, PC optimum is able to track your spending, and customize offers.....

    While my ankle still hurts, I'm waiting for a brace from Amazon (dollarama didn't have any) and will go to the pool today. In spite of pain, I always feel better after being in the water.

    Time to walk the dog, have a great afternoon everyone.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Mar 14th, 2023 at 11:39 AM.

  6. #201
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    12,557
    Likes Received
    54438
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    A much better day today. although I was feeling much better by bedtime yesterday which was a relief.

    I made dinner. Then got 3 manuals completed and saved them to the server and dealt with some other day-to-day stuff. I am not saying I am caught up, I do not think that will happen until April after go-live but I feel more like I can handle this today.

    Well, I made my breakfast I tidied the Kitchen. Mom washed the Dutch Oven for me last night which was a nice surprise, I forgot to do it before I went to bed.

    It was snowing here earlier, it looked like a snow globe. It has stopped now so I will head out shortly and shovel and clear off the cars.

    I need to run to the Post Office and drop off a return, out of the 8 pairs of leggings I got from Old Navy, Mom is keeping the 2 pairs I ordered for her, I am keeping 3 of the 6 pairs I ordered for myself. I am sending back the 3-pack I ordered which makes me a little sad as those were the ones I ordered to wear outside the house. The 2 pairs for Mom and 2 of my 3 pairs were on clearance, I got them for under $10/pair and are in colours/styles we would not wear out. One pair, I can wear out. The 3-pack although the same size as all of the other leggings fit a little too snug for my liking.

    I really need to go through my clothes and be brutally honest with myself and get rid of some clothing. I just hate going through my clothes because I always worry I am going to get rid of something and then need it and have to replace it. So I tend to keep more than I should but I need to be realistic so I can look at what I have and if there are any holes I need to fill.

    Happy Tuesday.
    I did a huge purge during covid. I took everything out and put it on racks and went through it one by one. I sold so much on FB and did porch pick up.
    Doing it again in the next month. If I don't love it, it goes. Honestly even if you need something down the road will it fit? Be dated? I tossed all my work clothes but kept one pair of black dress pants. I still haven't worn them since before covid!
    Good luck!

  7. #202
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    12,557
    Likes Received
    54438
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Busy decluttering. Can't believe how many freebies I have in my linen closet. I'm on my fifth bag of paperwork that I am shredding. After my last car accident, I let everything pile up, and now lots to clear up. Note to self: if I bring something into the house, something needs to go out.

    Going through my canned food, as the prices in the stores are crazy. I can't believe Mr. Weston saying that supermarket profits are not causing inflation. How does one explain the large price discrepancies between Fortinos and Shoppers - both owned by the same company? And saying he doesn't know the breakdown in profits??? Meanwhile, PC optimum is able to track your spending, and customize offers.....

    While my ankle still hurts, I'm waiting for a brace from Amazon (dollarama didn't have any) and will go to the pool today. In spite of pain, I always feel better after being in the water.

    Time to walk the dog, have a great afternoon everyone.
    I cleaned out our linen closet last month and tossed so much!! Bins of "freebies" that no one wanted to use finally tossed them. It really was nice to organize it and see what we have and have been using this stuff up. Feels good!

    I stocked us up on canned goods before/start of inflation.
    Noticed the price on the canned beans at Walmart are $1.47 now (they were $1.19 for the longest while) Some of the prices are crazy and I feel sorry for anyone that has to buy it (some of the pasta sauce we paid .99 for is $4.99 and up!!!) Just crazy.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Mar 14th, 2023 at 11:57 AM.

  8. #203
    Canadian Guru harbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Earth...most of the time
    Posts
    10,257
    Likes Received
    10490
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)




    I hope your mom gets the relief she deserves @SassyAshley . Itís sad that some doctors seem to be only in pushing scripts or surgeries. Not everything needs to be treated that way especially when other avenues arenít exhausted first.

    Weight loss is obviously a good thing but it isnít the silver bullet. I can speak from experience. Iíve struggled with my weight in my early 20ís onwards and yes since Iíve gone plant based my inflammation has drastically reduced, Iíve lost several pant sizes(not sure exactly since Iím not focused on numbers), I exercise daily, run and strength training I still have back issues. I was crushed by a guy in a ladies when I was a kid and been in a car accident in high school so unfortunately that will always be with me.

    The doctor pushing weight loss surgery is a bit scary for me. That is only for EXTREME cases. Too bad itís not as easy to just find another doctor . Wishing your mom all the best.

  9. #204
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,586
    Likes Received
    7696
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Ms Sunshine is beaming again-bodes well for the week. Bit of ice and slush on last third of walk to the library today. I remembered the minus2C will feel like minus 9C forecast but completely forgot about ice. Have been careful as a result.

    SO thrilled to hear of the purging and sorting going on! Could you swing by my town and show Bro how fast you'd shred/recycle/toss his stuff in the basement and room?
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  10. #205
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,586
    Likes Received
    7696
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Last night, while walking home with my frozen meals and pasta from Food Basics, I spotted a small kitchen cart in natural wood finish (top was about 1'x1' and had two legs and two wheels) parked at end of a townhouse driveway for today's collection. I had thoughts of all of @Frugalbigmama 's curbside finds for free and thought I could score a cart! But hands were full. Went home. Mom was on the phone so I couldn't get her consider driving me back to collect cart (I argued with her later about how I always find her on the phone when I come back from my library sessions-she does not live a monarch's live socially so what is there to talk about every day???)

    Put a meal in the toaster oven and walked back with a dolly and two bags (to protect top and to buffer noise against dolly handle. Cart was gone! Saw a shoe organizer? narrow box in its place. Either owner retrieved the cart or someone else took the kitchen cart by foot or car. I was about ready to cry--it was the perfect size for Bro's Keurig machine to be relocated from the kitchen counter. Or the cart could go into the garage to be a refreshment stand/snack table.

    Lesson learned-see an opportunity, move on it right away. Don't wait for a return chance! I should have put my bags on the cart and slowly tilt-walked the cart home when I saw it!

    Really thought the Universe was giving me a happy day yesterday...let's give chance another kick at the Wins & Opportunities wheel today.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  11. #206
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,586
    Likes Received
    7696
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Popped onto the Bay's website to see announcement of baby/kid's line Rise Little Earthling is now exclusive to the Bay. Wait a sec-that line was at ToysRUs/BabiesRUs where I only see one item on clearance still listed on the website.
    Is today Topsy-Turvy Tuesday? One person I know has a garment listed on their gift registry from that line but I found the gray clothing very drab indeed.

    Carter's Osh Kosh has a flash sale. Noticed that all of the Skip Hop snack cups are 25% off! I did not manage to visit the Dixie Outlet Mall location to see if one version of the snack cup is in stock-it's not at the Ancaster store.

    I will continue the spring coat find and seek online quest today. Need to get three places of possibilities determined as I know I'm pressing my luck waiting until early April to buy a coat. That's financial 101 reality-wait until the money is on hand before buying something.

    Yesterday's mail-three ad pieces and lettermail for the other family members. The home reno/living magazine had a code for 10% off a Big Yellow Bag of soil for delivery by end of March. I don't have money set aside for it but took the page out for the fridge to see if other family members are going to put money where their speech was in 2021 and 2022 about how THEY'D order soil (only said that after I bought the one bag in 2021 and Bro made a play to reuse the empty bag for something but I said no).

    I am waiting for the spring issue of Hamilton City Magazine as it features local Food & Drink. Hope there's coverage of places at the Food & Drink festival-I plan on going early on Friday (Happy St. Patrick's Day) for a quick look around and maybe catch some music or talk too. Rain is in the forecast and temperature will be about 7C-think I will be fine as long as there's no downpour or I will have to cancel going (no wish to be in a soaked coat; bus options are better on Friday than Saturday for my trip). March is becoming memorable for things to do somehow and I'm grateful!

    Found out that I cannot make photo prints at the library. At least I know now and will have to trek to a photo printer in the near future (maybe wait for a Burlington trip to visit a certain Shoppers with working photo centre!) for the cheaper print price.

    Off to see if I missed any WalmartPhoto weekend offers and see what new contests need posting for our fun and our wish fulfillment! Happy Tuesday to all!
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

  12. #207
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,234
    Likes Received
    3423
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Found out that I cannot make photo prints at the library. At least I know now and will have to trek to a photo printer in the near future (maybe wait for a Burlington trip to visit a certain Shoppers with working photo centre!) for the cheaper print price.
    What about using the colour printers at Staples? They have USB ports. Is the paper/image quality so much worse?
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

  13. #208
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    22,085
    Likes Received
    55435
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    Afternoon yes i got 2 tops for myself at giant tiger one 3/4 purple reduced rack 14.99 i paid 6.99 and a t-shirt that was in flyer 9.00(lady in change room told me they wash well also and keep their shape ).I got caras easter dress $6.00 only one in her size 5-6.

    I also price matched my strawberries to food basics for 1.68
    and lays chips for $2.65
    I got a 2lb of pears for 5.97-1.00 vip program for 4.97
    (3)applesnax applesauce on sale 1.99-.25 no expiry cpn=1.74
    plus a few other reg priced foods at giant tiger

    At rexall i got 3 goody hair items 15% off came to 14.10 -7,500 be well points -2 are for the girls for easter ,one pkg of scrunchies is for me.
    plus got beaver conditioner reg 7.94-3.00 clearance =$4.94

  14. #209
    Canadian Guru harbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Earth...most of the time
    Posts
    10,257
    Likes Received
    10490
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)




    Grabbed a few things at Safeway on sale. Used my last 2 Sobeys/Silk promo gift cards so saved $20 and got a whopping 250 scene points whatever that gets me ( most likely nothing). Also another Silk Free coupon from the offer once I submit the receipt.

    Question for anyone that did that promo. When you got the link to print ( which is written English) had the coupon print in French . I have had problems with some cashiers accepting printed coupons at the best of times but donít want to try it with one thatís in French. What did you do? Maybe I could contact Danone.

  15. #210
    Smart Canuck Ciel21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ancaster ON
    Posts
    4,586
    Likes Received
    7696
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    What about using the colour printers at Staples? They have USB ports. Is the paper/image quality so much worse?
    I'd have to bus to the local Staples. When I still had access to sibling's printer, I had the inks and photo paper to use up for printing their trip photos and such. no more access at home as of Dec.

    If I had a reason to visit Chapters as well (more impulse buys and books!), then I can make a case for Staples. Easier to hike 30min to the local WM Supercentre and use the lone printer there. Just don't have a working Shoppers photo kiosk-the local store has left the screen on the blue screen for over 2 years. I have no answers why!
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •