User Tag List

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1419Likes

Thread: April 2023 Frugal Chat

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Think I have found a plan for today.

First I ran to No Frills, when I was entering my receipts into my budget yesterday I noticed I was charged $4.98 instead of $1.88 for my pineapple. Normally I watch them scan everything and check my receipt but sure enough the one time I get distracted there is an error. So I went to get it corrected, free pineapple.

I took out a half pack of Bacon, I am planning Breakfast for dinner one night this week so figure I will cook the bacon today so I don't have to during the week.

Took out the family package of Ground Beef we have in the freezer that has lost its seal, I am defrosting this plus I have one last massive can of Costco Tomatoes I will turn into Pasta Sauce. The can of Tomatoes I used to get for $3.99 is now $7.99 so won't be buying those now especially if No Frills keeps giving me a personal offer for $1.99 for Classico Sauces.

Just finished the few dishes from last night's dinner I did not do.

Now I have started going through the Fridge and seeing what I need to process and prep for the week to come. I have pulled out a bunch of vegetables I am going to cut up for various things.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Saturday! Beautiful sunny day here!

Productive morning. Dropped DS off at work and came straight home to start chores. Filled sink with hot soapy water and let dishes soak while I made coffee and eggs and toast for breakfast. Kitchen is clean. Bathrooms cleaned. Laundry put away. Jeans that were hung to dry have been fluffed in dryer and hung up in proper closets. Have a load almost finished in the washer now that I will hang to dry.

Soon a shower and then out to enjoy the sunshine. Will make a smoothie to take in the car!

Enjoy the day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Apr 8th, 2023 at 10:37 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Turkey in the oven this morning and off to buy buns and another pie at zarkys(so crowded).Stopped into dollarama for a few toys for my house (now i have 3 nerf type guns for the kids when they come $4.50 each ) you kind of need fun toys when at grandparents .

Picked up my pills at rexall .
    Skippy, harbie, Tweets77 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was actually surprised that No Frills was not busier when I ran in but I did notice most people seem to only be grabbing one or two things.

I did not get everything done but did get some of my prep done.

Bacon is cooked and in the fridge.

Mini Cucumbers have been washed, only have a few left but need to be used up.

Celery has been washed and is sitting in a container of water as it has gone a little rubber, I forgot I got it last week and did not wash and store it in foil like I normally do. We will see if the water trick works.

Grapes have been washed and are in a container in the fridge to grab and eat. These were from last week but I plan to grab more before the Wal-Mart sale ends this week. I did want to grab them yet as we still have some to eat.

Found a fuzzy carrot so I washed all of the carrots in Baking Soda and Vinegar to make sure there are no spores. I grated one carrot for my Pasta Sauce and sliced another one for Salads his week. The rest have been packed in paper towels.

I prepped and make Spinach Dip because I wanted to film it plus, I will never say no to Spinach Dip, it is cooling on the stove.

Going to take a break now and eat some Spinach Dip see where the day takes me.
    harbie, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

10 community businesses organized a store Easter egg hunt. Each kid picked a plastic egg from each store and then kept whatever they found inside. Twin girl picked the lucky egg at one store and won their Easter basket. Once done getting the form stamped at each store, then you enter the big draw. That draw will take place this afternoon.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I noticed I eat more salads ,that is a good thing but I donated the bowls and the trick that wash salad...so I will be on a hunt to buy another one....I guess

Grr I went to IGA so crowded no coupons and no rice krispies homestyle on the selves....It was this way earlier this week too..Like they dont restock...
    Skippy, harbie, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Had a lovely turkey today ,just the right amount for 8 of us.Son took a bit into work.I am letting my daughter take the legs home to her ex as he loves my turkeys .

Off to bed now with my heating pad for a bit ,sore from running around with the small grandkids,only slept 5 hours last night.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Extra long day today. Normally don’t work weekends but I did and due to our schedules by the time I dropped Dh off this morning it would have been a waste of time to go back home so I went off to work. Long weekend + Saturday meant zero traffic so I was at work 45min early. I drove to the beach part and hung out. I also had to wait around for an hour for Dh after so it was an extra long day.

Just watching Canucks vs Calgary, on SC and probably going for an early bedtime. Thankfully I did my workout this morning.

Enjoy your evening and have a great weekend

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Happy Easter my friends to you and yours!
    Whatever you’re up to today May it be a time of abundant blessings for you and yours!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up super early this morning and could not fall back asleep so I started my day at 4:30. Well I did not get out of bed until closer to 5 because I did try to fall back asleep but my body just wasn't having it.

I really wanted to do nothing today but knew I would pay for it so I did my hour-reset. Although I cut a few corners, the upstairs got swiffered instead of vacuumed downstairs just got a quick vacuum in the high-traffic areas.

Just put a pot of Pasta Sauce on to simmer throughout the day and some of it will become a Lasagna for dinner, yum. Used up some carrots, celery and some mushrooms that needed to be used. This also got a family pack of ground beef out of the freezer, which has lost its sucker seal and needed to be used.

There are some other things I want to get done during the day but we shall see how the day goes.

Happy Easter Everyone.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Mmmm, what a comfort the aroma of simmering sauce is! Today we only have to buy some new mealworms Frankie and maybe pump 30 L in the tank. Gas went up..... of course it did!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lovely meal yesterday with my family. After dinner the boys and I took my mom to the cemetery as the memorial bench is in place. It will be 5 yrs ago Tuesday my dad passed away. We opted for the bench over the headstone as we are all planning cremation and so can all by buried in the same space. My mom likes to go and sit in the cemetery and both sets of grandparents are close to our spot so this is perfect. The plus if a small town cemetery. My mother and father in law are on the same bench as we always knew they did not want their ashes returned to England and my father-in-law loved the idea when we suggested it. . We were lucky our parents became friends. The kids like that their grandparents will be “together”.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Going to call the day a success.

Pasta Sauce is done and cooling on the stove until some of it will become Lasagna for Dinner with Garlic Bread and a Salad.

Cut up the Pineapple I got this week, noticed when I took it back to No Frills so they could not disagree, I did buy the one on sale it was ready to be cut up. Also cut up some of the Kiwis that were ready and I can have those with Yogurt this week. Lastly cut up some Romaine as I thought I still had more left but when I went to make a Salad last night I used the last of the chopped Romaine. I cut up 2 of the 3 heads, plus I have another 3-pack, planning a lot of Salads this week.

Gathered up all of the recycling and took that out but I still need to take out the cardboard. Then gathered up all the garbage and took that out, I had some potatoes in the basement that needed to go out, I think they were older potatoes as they started sprouting very quickly, so I lost about a lb of potatoes. Also, lost 4 lemons the last bag I bought dried out very quickly. So frustrating when I inspect all of my produce before I buy it and still it goes so quickly.

Checked the celery I cut up yesterday and the water trick worked. It is now crisp again.

Other than making dinner, I am done for the day, going to curl up and binge-watch something, haven't decided what yet. Thinking maybe Third Watch, HLN is showing the complete series and I have been recording it. But first, I think we should finish Dance 100 on Netflix, it is okay but not what I was expecting so we are having a hard time finishing it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My daughter just went home as the bunny is coming to sebastian tonight ,her ex is coming over for supper and to celebrate in the morning with sebastian and her .They co-parent with him so well.

I gave me ex son-in-law the legs as he always loved them and sent home white meat with my daughter for their supper tonight.I left some turkey for a soup i will make this week ,but right now i am exhaused ,i didnt sleep well last night again maybe cause the hall light was on and i am having a lot of hot flashes in the night-darn will this ever end .
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just mixed up some Potatoes Romanoff and put those in the oven. We are picking up my Mum and going to my brothers for dinner-ham etc. I have to say plain old hashbrowns are hard to find in the frozen section now-mind you they have every type of french fry possible.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information