User Tag List

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1419Likes

Thread: April 2023 Frugal Chat

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy -a tip for lemons is to put in water (just whole )and they last longer in the fridge .I did this last month and put 2 in a container with a lid and water and fresh to use 3-4 weeks later-a little softer the skin is but hey at least you are not tossing them out.

Hubby and i slept this afternoon for about an hour each .lol
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , thank you, I have seen it online but never tried it.

Dinner is done, the dishwasher is loaded, there are a few hand dishes but they can wait for tomorrow. My hands are really feeling the season change and I feel like there is not enough cream on the planet.

Lots of leftovers for lunches this week.

I had been planning to try making Big Mac Salad for lunches this week but will hold off until the leftovers are gone.

I spent some time on Pinterest looking for new Lunch and Breakfast ideas, hence the Big Mac Salad.

Even though I wanted the weekend off thinking I will spend the next half an hour writing my to-do list for Monday. I find it so much easier and relaxing going into Monday knowing what I need to get done and starting the week with focus.

I am struggling a bit with myself because I feel like there are still so many things I need to get done around the house. I can see what I got done today and considering I did not spend that long on housework I got a lot done. But for whatever reason, I just feel like I am behind. Hopefully, this week will be a calmer week and fewer work hours and I can get everything back on track.

I think I will do a bit of a brain dump and write a work and home to-do list for the week to try to keep myself on track. Plus hoping it will help me sleep because I have found when I go to bed is when I remember all the things I did not get done.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Are there any printable dishwasher tab coupons? Maybe for Finish dishwasher tabs
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy Monday.

Was up earlyish got up at 5:30 and got right to work. After writing my to-do list last night it was daunting, definitely more than I expected but working through them and checking things off. Although as I sit here working I realize there are things I forgot to put on my list.

Also, many many things I need to get done around the house. I did not get a to-do list done for the house, the work list was more than enough.

Honestly, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, things are slowing down a bit at work now that the Upgrade has gone live but now it is on to all of the things that I put off during the testing and go-live phase. There are just so many things that need to go done around the house. I feel like I am going down that path again where I feel nothing is ever enough because there is still more to be done. Even though I got more done than I had hoped yesterday I still felt like it wasn't enough.

I am hoping since I see it is happening and see where my mind is going I can stop it before it takes over. It is just hard because so many things are ongoing and going to take time to finish. It isn't easy things I can just knock out and get done and I have hit that point of being overwhelmed and wanting to shut down. But hyper-focusing on it won't help either.

Thinking tonight for dinner I will make Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms over Mashed Potatoes and a veggie on the side, cannot decide between Asparagus or Green Beans.

Happy Monday
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Beautiful sunny start to the day! I should have taken the day off work today...oh well I doubt it will be to crazy today.

I'm happy that my upright freezer is starting to have space. We still have lots of BLSL chicken, shrimp and steak which is great.
    Our fridge is pretty empty but I am liking it that way. Makes us plan meals to use up stuff. Still have fresh asparagus and mushrooms to use up so I am thinking a nice shrimp pasta for dinner will be a great idea.

I need gas. Have 0 Km's left lol. Love living on the edge. Will pop out this morning and put in $40 to finish one PC gas pc point offer. Then start on the other card with the next top up.

All the laundry I hung to dry needs to put away so will tackle that today. The kitchen is pretty clean so will keep up on that.
    Will rake a bit today too at some point since everything is nice and dry. I see neighbours have yard waste at the curb but I don't know when they are coming so I will put in the garage for now. (don't want to risk rain and a mess!)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Today is the mini top up shop day. DH is joining me but that is not always a bonus as he often dumps forbidden sweets into the cart when I'm not looking.
    We've both started back on a weight loss adventure ( well me more than him but??...) so the fresh stuff all needs replenishing. He can gauge how much bread he wants to have on hand because there will be none eaten by me now. I'll be doing my Lavash sheets and pitas again for carbs.
    @SassyAshley That overwhelmed feeling that is trying to get to you, well I insist that it stop right now! lol. take care!!
    @Frugalbigmama I admit to a tiny twinge of jealousy that your freezer has space in it! I've had some success at reducing one, but then sales often grab me!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -well i am down to one bottle of shampoo ,wow that lasted about 2yrs .So will be looking for a sale in the next few weeks.

Boy did i sleep yesterday 1 hr in the afternoon then fell asleep on the couch at night ,of course it ruined my evening sleep .Hubby's brother and his wife are coming for a visit ,something needs done to our garage door,well always something in a house .

May start a puzzle today and go for a walk on these gorgeous days we have in southern ontario this week.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good news the school restart tomorrow.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Happy Easter Monday my friends! Shout out to those who are still on Holiday! Feeling like I am because of the sunshine and warm temps.!
    How about them turkey leftovers?..I'm set for awhile now as fewer takers for Easter dinners however I don't mind(so far-just ask later in the week!).
    Stocked up on Easter food the week before last so didn't see much in the current flyers I wanted. PC Optimum points are still giving me pretty dismal offers on stuff I never buy!
    Other than these warmer temps highlight of the day was discovering a package of old pop rocks(are they still a thing?...)anyhow I figured out why they were still laying about because afterwards I feel like someone has been peeling layers of skin off my tongue!
    Enjoy your day and take your blessings where you can find them.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Found out I am going to have to do some work after hours so the plan was to lay down for 15 minutes, just lay down, not nap as I am not a napper plus I did need to respond if something came in. Then I was going to get up and make cookies. Instead, I laid there for just over half an hour listening to music. I needed that just a little break, but no cookies.

I probably should have cleaned, instead of laying down but sometimes what we should do and what we do, do are different. Today I am putting myself before the house.

Got the stuff out for dinner, going with the Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms over Mashed Potatoes and I have decided on Green Beans as the side. Will also make myself a salad.

I am not going to lie, Mom is at a friend's house and I was super tempted to order dinner and have her pick it up on the way home. But later in the month, I have a work event and not that I am planning on take-out that night but should leave it as an option just in case. I know I won't be cooking when I get home and I do have to factor in if Mom is having a bad day as they happen. So I will leave the $$$ for that night just in case but honestly, hoping we do not do take-out this night. Welcome to how my brain works.

Waiting for a branch to call me so I can help them with something and then I will start dinner.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Day 4 of my 10 day Easter break at home is already over. I’ve been spending time with Dh and the kids. We’ve done a bit of shopping and will do more before I leave for my next 2wk stretch. I’m cooking some meals and freezing portions to take with me. I’ve washed most of the quilts in the house and my quilts that I brought back from the rental house. The rental house has a small washer and very small dryer, so there’s no way to wash large blankets there.

We did bike maintenance and the kids went on their first bike ride of the year. Twin girl returned with 1/2 a grocery bag full of items for SARCAN. Today and tomorrow are very warm, so the snow has been melting rapidly in the yard. We scooped about 15 five gallon buckets of water from our yard. I poured it down our driveway, which rinses away drift, the water is draining down the storm drain a few houses down from us.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Another beautiful start to the day!

Dropped DS off at school and took a walk around Walmart. Picked up Cottage cheese .73 cents and 2L organic choc milk $1.12. (treat for DS) Both will be used long before expiry date (the cottage cheese expires in May!)

The backyard looks 95% better! What a difference a bit of work made. Will continue this week and it will be 100%.
    Have a pile of stuff to go to garbage and a few things to sell (BBQ- it really is good but DS said it was flaring up it just needs a good clean so I'm sure we can get a few bucks for it and put the $ in our crap sold envelope )

Office day for me so will make it a productive one. Then thinking a drive to Costco tonight since there are actually a bunch of things I need on sale (My coffee beans!!!) Looks like a nice day for a drive

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Happy Tuesday, although if I am being honest, I feel like it should be much later in the week. Last night I kept thinking I cannot believe it is only Monday.

I must have been super tired or in a really good sleep this morning as I do not remember turning off my first alarm. I woke up and thought it was just before 5 and my alarm should be going off any minute. It went off and I saw it was 6 am, oops.

I am having a super scattered morning. I am overthinking everything which is leading to me not completing anything. Everything I go to start I think of something else I should do first. I couldn't even decide on Breakfast so I finally just grabbed a bowl of cereal. At this rate, it is going to be a very very long day.

Time to try to focus and knock things out.

Happy Tuesday

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Use of service personnel to spot potentially lucrative victims for other criminals is not unheard of but, hopefully, is also not prevalent. There have been occasional reports of contractors or service staff selling a customer's details noticed during the course of their duties in return for 'finder's fees' from criminals.
    I have seen a video that indicates that people who have done prison time can usually find very few jobs afterwards (due to their records), and one of the available jobs is moving because of the heavy lifting. Not all persons who have done time are on the make for quick fortunes but there are some who having financial issues or pressure who look to "pad" their pay the easy way without the CRA knowing about the "moonlighting."
    harbie and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -did a small shop $33 online from the gap .My dear nefew in quebec and his wife are having a girl in the summer (he will be 46 too i think she is 36) their first and only.
    Bought pjs for the baby reg 35.00 -60%=14.00 and some sock from old navy $1.60 for 3 pairs
    Then bought a few birthday or next xmas clothing deals
    Cara a top 12.99-60%=4.99 for next winter ,t-shirt for ashlyn for $5.00
    then a few t-shirts for sebastian old navy $2.97 each

These prices are soo good ,sometimes i just give the grandkids the clothing for no reason if i get it cheap .Like the t-shirts for sebastian i will take them when we go to my daughters on the 21st.My kid son /wife
    have a morgage and 2 girls and bills and my daughter's rent is higher in toronto (she will never leave toronto as they both live there and share sebastian right ,plus she loves toronto been there since she was 24 .She went there to do a post-grad program and loves it.

Off to pick up the girls today from their bus.

Oh and i got tulips on easter from my daughter-in-law which was a lovely gesture.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Apr 11th, 2023 at 11:59 AM.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information