User Tag List

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1419Likes

Thread: April 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Angela273 what a relief to hear it’s not meningitis. Hopefully he is on the mend quickly.
    ds2 and I went to the Niagara Falls NY today as I still had some gift cards and now I had some birthday rewards. It’s honestly not as much fun as it used to be but that’s because I just don’t shop. So I spent my kohl’s gift card on some new towels. But that still made my day. Target was hair products and food and that stuff excites me. Then 5 Guys for lunch which we both love but never go to because it’s so expensive. No issues at the border and in fact it was a short line in both directions so that was nice.
    Ah, border crossings remain open to vaccinated travellers. As of May 11, the border should be fully open as the COVID regulation ends on the US side.
    harbie, barbis9 and dededi like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Realized today I should have added toothpaste ( weekend sale and my Crest tube is getting close to being empty)to my Shoppers trip yesterday. I bought 4 Lean Cuisine meals on sale at $2.79 each and one more bottle of Dr Pepper Zero 2L pop.

Tried to use sibling's old phone on wi-fi networks (RBC or SDM Guest) but could not get flyers to open or pages to load. Rather frustrating experience. At least I took some photos of flowers when I got home to remember the mid-April blooms of this past hot week. If we have another hot week before June, I am getting my hair sheared off again.

Have experienced hot flushes from my cheeks to mid-chest over the weekend before I even had any Easter chocolate.

Five relatives texted Easter greetings to Bro yesterday and one senior relative called and left a voice message (I'm planning to call her back tomorrow). If I hadn't heard Bro tell Mom of the messages, I would not have known that other relatives knew that we existed. Mom used to call other relatives but I guess she got tired of the being the person who always called. She went to Easter services and enjoyed them.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank goodness Angela that your son is being treated with antibiotics, you must have been so worried ☹️
    Ciel it’s not fair you aren’t getting the messages to keep in touch with your family ❤️
    Hopefully you can talk to your sibling about this and not miss out on keeping in touch
    Skippy, harbie, Angela273 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Still continue to read post sometimes but wont be as much as before online school is my first priority right now
    Skippy, harbie, Purdee and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Still continue to read post sometimes but wont be as much as before online school is my first priority right now
    Wishing you much success!!
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m not feeling great, which isn’t a surprise under the circumstances. Since I was able to get a sub for me for today, I stayed home until 5:30pm, then went to the school bc the internet is WAY better at the school and there are some things I needed to do. My sub was happy with how the instructional day went.

I spent time at the house meal prepping, made some squares, did some laundry, took a bit of a nap. Just tried to decompress and feel a bit better before heading back into the classroom.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 7 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I knew this week was going to be busy but apparently it is going to be next level busy. I had a training session yesterday, by the time I was done, I had 62 emails, it was a two hour session. This morning has not been much better, every time I take my eyes off my email to work on something boom 10+ new emails.

There must have been a meeting or something yesterday because lots of questions and now our regional manager wants to chat.

I feel like this is going to be a bear minimum around the house type of week which will make this weekend super busy for me catching up.

The plan is to run to the store today and grab a few fresh things before the sales end.

Happy Tuesday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!! Brrr! Chilly morning! AC in the car turned off and heat and heated seats turned on! Canada!

Should be a good work day. Have a list I want to accomplish and should be stress free!

Our taxes are being dropped off today. Happy to have that done.

Thinking of a getaway in the next week or so. Will be looking at schedule this afternoon and plan something then book the time off. Need a break and change of scenery!!

Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Apr 19th, 2023 at 08:46 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Realized today I should have added toothpaste ( weekend sale and my Crest tube is getting close to being empty)to my Shoppers trip yesterday. I bought 4 Lean Cuisine meals on sale at $2.79 each and one more bottle of Dr Pepper Zero 2L pop.

Tried to use sibling's old phone on wi-fi networks (RBC or SDM Guest) but could not get flyers to open or pages to load. Rather frustrating experience. At least I took some photos of flowers when I got home to remember the mid-April blooms of this past hot week. If we have another hot week before June, I am getting my hair sheared off again.

Have experienced hot flushes from my cheeks to mid-chest over the weekend before I even had any Easter chocolate.

Five relatives texted Easter greetings to Bro yesterday and one senior relative called and left a voice message (I'm planning to call her back tomorrow). If I hadn't heard Bro tell Mom of the messages, I would not have known that other relatives knew that we existed. Mom used to call other relatives but I guess she got tired of the being the person who always called. She went to Easter services and enjoyed them.
    @Ciel21 I found most locations have terrible wifi service. The library seems to be the only place that it is fairly reliable.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Today I had an energy assessment - was hoping to qualify for more than one lightbulb, but did get a dryer rack and a retraceable clothesline which is exciting. May qualify for a free fridge....have to wait. My current fridge makes a weird ticking noise intermittently.

Colder outside, 30 degrees last week, now 6 brrrr.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    My current fridge makes a weird ticking noise intermittently.
    I might pay to poke around a bit. You don't have to mechanically inclined to check out the back and vacuum the area. The ticking might be something minor, like a build-up of dust or hair. You can save yourself a few bucks by being nosy. When's the last time you defrosted the freezer? Might be ice particles building in a funny way.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Bed made. Laundry in washer. Sink full of hot soapy water (kitchen was trashed!) and now sipping on coffee.
    Work day should be good.

Had no plan for dinner last night. Tossed a PC veggie lasagna in the oven. It served the purpose. Leftovers today.
    Will give the fridge a good clean out this morning while tidying up the kitchen. Have some carrots I will chop up.
    Will figure out dinner with what we have to use up.

Will bundle up and go for a good walk today. I need fresh air!

Have a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Snow storm today. Travel not recommended on multiple highways. Took me a good 5min to clean off my van in order to drive to work this morning.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today popped over to walmart ,no pasta for $1.27 shelves were bare.I did look at clearance got a palmolive large one for .99 as the lid was broken .
    Plus 8 pkg of bics soliel razors 5.49 reg 10.98 as pkg was ripped .

Looked at the ladies t-shirts ,yep no XL and they were $12.00,so need to look to other store giant tiger .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Today popped over to walmart ,no pasta for $1.27 shelves were bare.I did look at clearance got a palmolive large one for .99 as the lid was broken .
    Plus 8 pkg of bics soliel razors 5.49 reg 10.98 as pkg was ripped .

Looked at the ladies t-shirts ,yep no XL and they were $12.00,so need to look to other store giant tiger .
    Guess where I bought a tank top yesterday? Dollar Tree! Perfect for a beach cover up! It just caught my eye while walking down the aisle so I took a chance. $1.70 after tax!
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information