User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree1419Likes

Thread: April 2023 Frugal Chat

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I got the bathroom cleaned yesterday and then I got the email that the other person did their part so I could do mine.

Took me about 2 hours to get through that and then I took it one step forward and realized the new programming works for one-off runs but not ranges, ugh, sent that to IT.

I spent most of the afternoon letting the reports run for work and catching up on my bullet journal and my budget. I did not have my Bullet Journal set up for May, I am now about 60% set up and will finish today. I was so far behind on my budget, I had all of the information I just had not put into my budget, plus I have not set up my budget pages for May. Still working on this.

I really need to get some prep done this morning but if I am being honest, I really do not want to. But I know if I don't I will regret it all week.

Time to find my ambition and get this day going.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Rainy Sunday.

Dropped DS off at work and came straight home. Made protein pancakes. Not bad. We liked them. (was reg $8 for $2) Will make them later this week for DS to use up the rest of the package.
    Need a coffee! Thinking a quick shower and will park near Mcdonalds and get one and then walk around there. Need some sort of fresh air today!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Washing the bed sheets today .

Day 3 of cold still feeling not great ,woke up a lot in the night off and on .If son needs us to babysit the girls i will get hubby to go on monday or tuesday .Unless i am feeling a lot better.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I sure did not feel like cooking dinner tonight but hunger helped me get it going!
    Making the Chicken Tetrazini tonight since it didn't happen last night.
    There will be lots of leftover chicken so that will be dinner tomorrow night.

I was holding onto DS FPC for cologne (from the SDM Fragrance sampler that was one of his birthday gifts) He decided on the full size bottle he wanted so I told him I would pick it up for him. The cashier tried to charge me tax on it (says taxes included) and apparently the coupon had a $130 limit but the bottle was $135. She called someone up and she said they raised all the prices but we both said that the bottle should be free as per the coupon since it was the same size listed (not a larger size so the $130 could be applied) She also gave me 2 free Cineplex movie tickets since that was the promo today. So score! Glad I went to get it because DS would probably just taken the cashiers word that he had to pay taxes!

Very lazy day! Glad dinner is finally on the go but it was not looking good. Rain rain go away!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was home for the weekend, Friday contained a variety of appointments. Did necessary shopping and managed to pick up some deals on clothes and a pair of kids rubber boots. 5 clothing items for $5 at Salvation Army (capris for me that are appropriate for teaching…my work is not air conditioned, nice shirt for Dh, pants and shirt for Ds, shorts for twin boy). 50% off everything at the other second hand store, bought clothes, rubber boots, and two toys that our twins picked out.

Bought Ds new running shoes on clearance at Sport Check for $22! Pretty thrilled with that deal and Ds is happy.

Used coupons that were about to expire. Caught issues with my receipt, which resulted in a refund of $11.20.

I quick sold a large grocery bag full of twin girl’s clothes for $10.

The kids and I went on a long bike ride on Friday and they collected about $1.50 with of bottles and cans for SARCAN. The kids put this type of money into their savings accounts. I found another quarter, which brought me up to $0.60 in found coins that week.

I moved all the money from our kids’ savings accounts and put them into GIC’s, which are currently at a 20yr market high.

Exactly two months from today is the last teacher day of this school year. I’m trying to be optimistic while waiting to hear back regarding my teaching applications that would bring me closer to home. I will only go back for a continuing teaching contract, which is what I have where I’m currently teaching.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, May 1st, 2023 at 08:38 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Wide awake at 4 am this morning so decided I might as well start my day.

I did not get much done this weekend and am now feeling super behind. I find I am back in the pattern that work is consuming all my time during the week, I worked late 3 nights last week and then I went to Costco one night after work so when the weekend comes, I am done and don't want to do anything.

I am feeling like I cannot get ahead, for every one thing I turn in at work, I get handed 5 more things, mix that with everything that needs to be done at home and I am just overwhelmed. I have passed the "wow, I have a lot to get done, let's get this done" stage and gone into the "okay, I want to shut down" stage.

But, I am going to try to be positive, it is a new week, time to regroup, refocus, and tell myself, I can get all of the things done. I am already off to a good start getting up at 4 am and getting things done.

Bell scared the crap out of me this morning. Just before 8, I was sitting here working away, super focused on work as one of our servers was acting up and all of a sudden someone was pounding and I mean pounding on my door. It was Bell asking for permission to run a line to our house. Turns out the complex gave them permission but then they needed each household's permission too. Took a good 5 minutes for my heart to return to a normal beating pattern.

Happy Monday
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!
    @sassy - I was awake in the wee hours of the night too and debated getting up but squashed that thought quickly lol.

Its not raining out and the ground is actually dry so hopping the clouds will disappear and the sun will come out? Hopeful thinking!

Enjoying coffee now (didn't end up having one yesterday...maybe that explains my lack of ambition yesterday)

Will make some breakfast and then clean the kitchen. Then I will go clean out my vehicle. Think I will give it a good wipe down inside.

Have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What is on your menu these days? Tired of food lately. Need some ideas!

I have a pot of rice cooking now. Figured when hungry it will go with the leftover chicken in the fridge and we have tons of veggies. At least if its ready it will be eaten instead of being lazy and eating a bowl of cereal. Not feeling like/cooking or a big meal so this works.

My fav "need a sweet snack at night" has been melons lately! Sometimes melt a few chocolate chips to go on top and that does the trick!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, May 1st, 2023 at 11:24 AM.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Most days we are tired of coming up with ideas for meals and even restaurants and fast food to eat.
    Lastely, I got some proteins at good prices so I try to make meals around them, examples, i got lilydale turkey strips - wraps and pastas
    PC diced ham - we use a food processor and dice the ham finer then add shredded cheese to make grilled ham and cheese sandwiches
    PC cooked crumbled sausages - already have kale, bell peppers, onion, potatoes for zuppa toscana soup (Olive Garden copycat); also breakfast burritos.
    We don't use a lot of cream like half and half but had to get some and the cheapest was 2 bottles of 1L for $6 so that will be used in a white pasta sauce and the zuppa toscana soup. Then I'm going to freeze the other bottle unopened - google searches said that should work. If anyone has experience with freeze half and half creamer please let me know. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    What is on your menu these days? Tired of food lately. Need some ideas!

I have a pot of rice cooking now. Figured when hungry it will go with the leftover chicken in the fridge and we have tons of veggies. At least if its ready it will be eaten instead of being lazy and eating a bowl of cereal. Not feeling like/cooking or a big meal so this works.

My fav "need a sweet snack at night" has been melons lately! Sometimes melt a few chocolate chips to go on top and that does the trick!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama , I feel you here, lately dinner has been "What, we have to cook again, did we not just do that last night?"

This week the plan is:
    Homemade Pizza
    Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes & Corn
    Homemade Chicken Tenders with Homemade Wedges
    Mozzarella Chicken over Pasta or Chicken Caprese Squash Bowls
    Steak with Smashed Potatoes
    French Onion Pasta Bake
    Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Skillet
    Purdee, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Everyone is a chef compared to me. I made hot dogs and turkey bacon on the george foreman grill tonight and added cheese. And only because hot dogs are on sale at Food Basics.

I did discover Aero strawberry scoop limited addition chocolate bars, coffee crisp vanilla iced cap flavour, and orange flavoured smarties at Food Basics for $1. What am I thinking? Summer is coming and I need chocolate like another hole in my head but I can never turn down these special editions. I wish they would bring back orange Aero bars.

Bachelor in Paradise Canada starts May 8th on CityTV. I love trash tv.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks for the input everyone

(While I appreciate working from home most of the week it I also feel like all I do is cook and clean the kitchen!)
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama what is that saying.... " preaching to the choir " ? Since retiring 10 years ago is IS all I do. ( cook and clean the kitchen ). Even though I LOVE to try new recipes and enjoy cooking very much, there are days that it piles on and gets to me. Not sure exactly what OCD is or how it presents BUT most days I am becoming fastidious wrt anything in the sink! When lunchtime comes around I cannot eat unless I've washed up any leftover dishes in the sink....and these are not mine!! I get angry at crumbs on the stove top ( again NOT mine! ) or the coffee stain spills on a counter top?? Geesh! Do I live with monkeys?
    This too shall pass right? Or there will be a murder! bwahaha...
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Frugalbigmama what is that saying.... " preaching to the choir " ? Since retiring 10 years ago is IS all I do. ( cook and clean the kitchen ). Even though I LOVE to try new recipes and enjoy cooking very much, there are days that it piles on and gets to me. Not sure exactly what OCD is or how it presents BUT most days I am becoming fastidious wrt anything in the sink! When lunchtime comes around I cannot eat unless I've washed up any leftover dishes in the sink....and these are not mine!! I get angry at crumbs on the stove top ( again NOT mine! ) or the coffee stain spills on a counter top?? Geesh! Do I live with monkeys?
    This too shall pass right? Or there will be a murder! bwahaha...
    Story of my life! It doesn't matter what they make the crumbs hit every surface!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Wide awake at 4 am this morning so decided I might as well start my day.

I did not get much done this weekend and am now feeling super behind. I find I am back in the pattern that work is consuming all my time during the week, I worked late 3 nights last week and then I went to Costco one night after work so when the weekend comes, I am done and don't want to do anything.

I am feeling like I cannot get ahead, for every one thing I turn in at work, I get handed 5 more things, mix that with everything that needs to be done at home and I am just overwhelmed. I have passed the "wow, I have a lot to get done, let's get this done" stage and gone into the "okay, I want to shut down" stage.

But, I am going to try to be positive, it is a new week, time to regroup, refocus, and tell myself, I can get all of the things done. I am already off to a good start getting up at 4 am and getting things done.

Bell scared the crap out of me this morning. Just before 8, I was sitting here working away, super focused on work as one of our servers was acting up and all of a sudden someone was pounding and I mean pounding on my door. It was Bell asking for permission to run a line to our house. Turns out the complex gave them permission but then they needed each household's permission too. Took a good 5 minutes for my heart to return to a normal beating pattern.

Happy Monday
    Tell Bell online somewhere and tag the current president if known to improve its street crews' customer service skills. Would not hurt to advise them to give your area some notice like 72h in advance, if Bell wants to keep customers...

The door pounding needs to stop. There are some polite door knockers (Amazon, Canada Post, contract delivery for Simons orders), just not in numbers to overcome the bad door knockers.
    barbis9 likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information