Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1284Likes

Thread: June 2023 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Did June sneak up on anyone else?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ohhh too hot trying to break branches from my lilac tree and bag with a wet rag around my neck .lol 4 bags of paper bags working on bag 5 with many breaks .

Called son and asked if we needed to watch the girls on friday ,nope they are in daycamp as they are off school for the day.So glad as i heard it is going to 36 degrees on friday in southern ontario.

Stay cool!!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Did June sneak up on anyone else?
    I totally forgot to change the wall calendars this morning, so yes, June was sneaky OR I have a wobbly memory....ha ha
    @coupon girl just think of all the calories you and DH burned while sweating over that lilac tree! Congrats on getting a reprieve from the grandkids tomorrow!
    Kick back and put your feet up!
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Jun 1st, 2023 at 03:36 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I got a lot done today but it was not what I had planned to do today so I am still feeling super behind when it comes to work stuff.

I went and did our grocery shopping, we did not need a lot but wanted to get what we needed so I can prep on the weekend. It was a bit of an odd shopping trip, not sure if trucks were delayed but the selection of some of the sale items was limited, to say the least. At Food Basics the Blueberries that are on sale they only 6 containers and No Frills only had 8 containers of the strawberries that are on sale.

I have a personal offer for Potatoes at No Frills but No Frills did not have any. Will have to check back next week or if I work in our other location check the one there.

We are having Chicken Enchiladas for Dinner, worked out well as we used up most of our prepped veggies from last weekend just in time to prep more this weekend. We used up the Red Onions, Mushrooms & Peppers. Will probably also make a side salad to use up some cucumbers and lettuce.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Wow, June already. How does summer always seem to fly by.
    I am hoping for a quiet weekend but I know that is not happening. But at least I don’t have 2 or 3 events each day. I will paddle at least once because I made a commitment to myself to not miss a nice weekend on the water. Last year I seemed to always find a reason to stay home.
    It’s also DS1s last weekend at home for a while so we are going out to dinner Sunday night. I can’t believe he leaves in a week. He may fly home for a weekend in August or September to see his grandfather. I know I am going to miss him.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early this morning, trying to work on some of the things.

My car has come back from being serviced so I need to pick it up today and drop off the car I have been driving.

I have been looking at steam cleaners lately for those hard-to-clean areas. I admit I saw them online and was influenced and last night my Sister-in-law shared some photos, she got one and showed the difference on her window mouldings. I am sold, will watch and see if one goes on sale.

Happy Friday Everyone
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning and TGIF!!

Today's plan- Work, finish up laundry. Keep kitchen clean. Tidy entrance.
    That's it. Not overdoing it today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I picked up some deals at Sobeys.
    Regular ground beef $1.99/lb, when cooked and drained well it’ll be good for taco meat.
    $0.99 bagged broccoli & cauliflower
    $0.99 bagged romain salad and tossed salad.
    2x $3.29 Dempster’s hotdog buns - $2 tear pad that I found on the shelf. That’s cheaper than a load of bread.

harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped into the office to get something and then Loblaws on way home.
    Picked up the 3 x 3pk romaine hearts for $2.99 each and received 4000 PC Pts.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early this morning, trying to work on some of the things.

My car has come back from being serviced so I need to pick it up today and drop off the car I have been driving.

I have been looking at steam cleaners lately for those hard-to-clean areas. I admit I saw them online and was influenced and last night my Sister-in-law shared some photos, she got one and showed the difference on her window mouldings. I am sold, will watch and see if one goes on sale.

Happy Friday Everyone
    Is the steam cleaner for home use or were you looking for automotive type cleaners for upholstery? I can't recall the steam cleaner brand that I used at someone's home but it was for the tile/stone entryway & hall. Was so skeptical such a product existed!
    If you were into the auto vac, Bissell is sold at Cdn Tire. I 've used it in past to spot clean the living room carpet to good results (it helped the carpet was sunbleached in areas and was decades old). Bro was not happy that I ran down his cleaning solution but it smells sort of like Woolite! He has not vac cleaned his auto upholstery in years so at least I put machine and solution to use!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

June-I managed to change the page on three calendars but not on my bedroom calendar until today. Improvement over last month when I took about 5 days to notice my April page was still up during the first week of May!

I'm over the heat. We only had one watermelon on Wed and some was still available yesterday. I drank all of the orange juice Mom bought (it was great over ice with some vodka ) and there were no sweets or treats except veggie sticks or random fruit. With heat, I need sweet bevvies or chocolate. Brought my shopping cart along today to get some bakery items, reduced price produce, a carton of orange juice ($4.29 on sale for low pulp Minute Maid), PC Spritz Up 2L and one case of Dr Pepper Zero sugar pop (no Pepsi Retro which what I was craving).

I've weeded 2/3 of the garden over the past two mornings and night (when it's cooler) and am done with sweating it out while blood-sucking insects feast on me. Seems my Off device needs a new cartridge-it's not done much of anything this week. Any sale on refill leads would be appreciated.

Window Shopping online-sandals. Found a discontinued model (it seems) that only is available in smaller sizes or is not in stock. Darn-I have a habit of falling for stuff that is hard to get or in my size. Yes, I've used Google to find stores in other provinces that carry that brand.

Money is just going out this week (I foresee lots of pasta pantry surprise meals). Could not resist two denim-toned thread spools at Fabricland while browsing on Wed. Also popped into Once Upon a Child to see if I could find a brand of shirt in the baby-toddler ranges but no luck. Store was busy! Like the shoe bins by gender and sizes-they must be so good for parents with kids growing out of sizes. Shoppers on Upper James had my beloved Green Apple Gatorade and get this-Mustela baby wipes on clearance for $6.49, about a $1 less than the clearance price at my LOCAL store. So I bought the wipes and the Gatorade.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I noticed the cost of dental procedures discussion at the end of May's frugal chat thread.

Ontario has this Seniors Dental Care program:https://www.ontario.ca/page/dental-c...income-seniors
    Niagara Falls or Region has a clinic geared towards persons in need of dental care without coverage that is funded by an insurance company to a set amount per year for 5 years. Residents need to get a referral to that clinic.https://www.niagarathisweek.com/news...8ec89862.html?
    I'm in contact with someone in that area and her concern is that the healthcare contact person won't help her find a dentist who can deal with her special concerns (and won't order a lab test for a disorder that affects her). So that's another hurdle for anyone wanting care at the clinic.

Let me see if I can find that announcement about the insurance company funding clinics in other communities:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=ca
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It’s far too windy to go paddling today so it may be a relaxing day at home. If relaxing is cleaning and laundry. Dishwasher was just turned on and the kitchen cleaned. But 1st I need groceries. I will make sure to go for a walk later and spend some time with my book. I was really good in May with my reading goal. Slowly catching up on the stack that is building in my room. I have a friend who likes the same stuff so it’s been motivating because then I can pass the books to her.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oops, posted this in the May thread this morning:
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in this morning and having a slower start to the morning. Enjoying a cup of tea well I think about what I want for Breakfast.

This past week has kicked my butt. I have been in training for 2 weeks now which means my schedule is a lot. When I am training, I get up at 5 so I can get a couple of hours of work done before training starts and then I end up working in the evening to catch up. Normally it is just for a few days but this time it has been 2 weeks and I am feeling it.

Because of my work hours, I am so far behind, I do not have my Bullet Journal or Budget Journal set up for June. I was working on my Bullet Journal last night, not quite done, still have a few more pages to get done. Then I need to set up my budget.

Notice my hot water tank is leaking Mom is getting quotes to have it replaced. Was not on my to-be-replaced list, but it has to be done.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 , this is the one my sister-in-law bought:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/b...am+cleaner#srp
    harbie, barbis9, Ciel21 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information