User Tag List

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1262Likes

Thread: September 2023 Frugal chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to harvest some pear trees, but was very late. Most of the fruit was already on the ground. Only got about 10 pounds.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had the Shell air miles offer for 1 air Mike for every litre of gas today only. I have always assumed it was a 1 time use and it’s not. Both DH and I bought gas and between us it was 103 litres and I had a transaction for each of us. It was also my 5th of the month so that was 100 miles. Within ds2 driving to school this is easy to. We pay for his gas from his college fund. Normally he would get the gas but he does not have my air miles so I did it for the offer.
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I had the Shell air miles offer for 1 air Mike for every litre of gas today only. I have always assumed it was a 1 time use and it’s not. Both DH and I bought gas and between us it was 103 litres and I had a transaction for each of us. It was also my 5th of the month so that was 100 miles. Within ds2 driving to school this is easy to. We pay for his gas from his college fund. Normally he would get the gas but he does not have my air miles so I did it for the offer.
    I also took advantage of this offer
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! It sure feels like Autumn this morning...BRRRR! I think I need to move my winter jacket to the entrance closet. I may need it sooner then later.

Arrived home late last night from night away Sunday. Will have to unpack tonight and put a load of laundry on (swimsuits need to be washed!)

I picked up 6 cans of veggies for DS (at Walmart because my No Frills had empty shelves) I will stop at RCSS on my way home to PM more for him. Will pop out to No Frills tomorrow and see if they have any then. I would really like to get him stocked up.

Saturday morning I bought a $100 Canadian Tire gift card for $85 (at Food Basics) will use it for gas. Heard that CT is changing its gas pumps to Petro so don't want to buy too many. I may buy one more tomorrow- I will take $15 gas savings when I can get it.

Need to move the empty shelves out of the way in the garage because I think we need to start parking in it now. Yesterday morning there was a hail storm that made it look like a snowy morning. (I missed it but was told about it) Will box up the pile of for sale stuff and put it back in the corner for the Spring (the garage sale will have to happen in MAY!!) I'm going to plan a 2 day sale (Friday/Saturday) and then be done with it!

Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Sep 19th, 2023 at 09:38 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My dear younger brother brought me a flat of eggs from a farm yesterday ,so i decided to share with my neighbour who gave me tomatoes all summer and my son .Yumm they are so fresh .

Off to get the girls today after school.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! The sun is shining here! Will go for a walk this morning and this afternoon on my work break.

Mission this morning is cleaning the kitchen. Made coffee and enjoying that now.

I moved my huge kitchen cart over to the cupboards and I plan on emptying out the entire cupboard and then sorting and cleaning it up before I put stuff back.
    I have been picking up baking goods (wanted to stock up as I saw stuff available and on sale) so I was ready when needed. I just want to take inventory now to see if I need anything else. I plan on making something for our girls weekend in October so that will be that start of baking for me.

Off to look over the upcoming sale flyers

Have a fantastic day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today hung the clothing out as hydro and water bill was just paid today and it was higher for sept bill.May as well if it doesnt dry around 5.00 p.m then will put in dryer for a bit.

Chilling today,relaxing .May start a puzzle.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I cleaned out my huge food cupboard. I am ashamed of all the food I am tossing .
    At least it is organized and I can see what we have and will stay on top of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here a day early to peruse online flyers (sniff, sniff over loss of paper and flyers) and see if there's more news about why the strike at one automaker had no real update last night (not the top news story on 6pm news). Bro says they have to vote on the tentative offer so that's all I know.

Weather forecasters were not kidding about the chilly morning-I took trash out without a jacket and BRR!

Ancaster Fair starts tomorrow. Today's the last day to get tickets online; you won't be able to pay cash at the gates (electronic payment only). THursday-$5 ticket if you give food bank donation so you can get that offer online today. Bus shuttle from downtown Hamilton (you have to pay) and another shuttle from the Ancaster Meadowlands bus terminal (you have to pay).

I've gone back to having tea in the mornings to warm up with before breakfast can be thought of!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Off soon to hopefully stock up DS on canned veggies. Bought him 2 pouches of Tilda rice for $1.50 each after sale and coupon. Ben's original I think will be $1 a pack after sale and coupon so will grab him a bunch of those (these are for his late nights when he doesn't have rice prepped etc)

Happy to get out and enjoy this sunshine. I had a shower and blow dried my hair but I am not putting make up on. Sunglasses are wonderful
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Sep 20th, 2023 at 03:20 PM.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@harbie . I picked up coupons for you if needed. $3 off any VioLIFE Vegan Cheese alternative (150g-227g) Expire Feb 15,2024.
    Let me know if you would like me to mail them to you

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well thread dwellers and onlookers back to summer weather again in this part of the world.Although wan't the case first thing this morning!
    Ventured out to Walmart and discovered prices still creeping up! For the longest time they seemed to have lower prices overall but I'm not sure that's the case any
    longer. Also still not happy that they did away with price matching awhile back.
    For those like me who aren't always paying attention it's time now to bump any Personal PC offers you may still want to next week.
    Took a look at some flyers(virtual of course) saw a few things I want including Food Basics which has Butterball Turkey @ $1.88/lb
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks skippy i forgot to bump my offers last week .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh my, what a week.

I was out of town Monday & Tuesday training and came home Tuesday, yesterday I was in one of the plants training. Today I have to set up and prepare for another new staff member to come on Monday. Actually, we have 2 but one doesn't use our ERP system so I have to meet them as they are part of the admin team but someone else will do their training. As I always tell people, I don't do HR, Logistic and I won't get my forklift license and they are HR.

Well I was out of town I went to Dollarama, there is one like 3 minutes from the Hotel I was staying in. They did not have the toilet tabs I went in for but found a nice little basket I am going to use as a garbage can, some more pens for my journals and a Febreeze for our bathroom.

Today's goal is to knock out all my work (the list is long but why should today be different) and then try to tackle some house stuff. I want to finish the Bathroom closet and hopefully start on the hallway.

I really feel like I need the world to stop turning for a week so I can try to get caught up on everything, I feel like everywhere I look right now there is another project I see I want to tackle. I am seriously thinking about defrosting out freezers this weekend but it is going to be a task.

I had originally decided I was not going to go grocery shopping today as I feel like I just need a day at home but I might run out and grab a napa cabbage so I can make Egg Roll in a bowl for dinner, we have some rice to use up.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! This work week is flying by!

Did running around last night to pick up deals for the last day of the sale. Now today is a new day of sales so I will pop out today too.
    Stocking up my oldest is my goal this week. I think I did pretty well yesterday.

Pulled out a large Sponge Bob costume that I need DS to put on so I can take a pic and post for sale. It is a mascot costume so not cheap but will basically be giving it away since it is large and takes up space. I have a few empty boxes to put some garage sale crap in and then I can move it to the pile at the back of the garage. Then it will be cleared for parking.

I cleaned up the back patio a bit last night and will finish up today. Have tons of rotten apples to pick up from the yard.

Have a great day!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information