User Tag List

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1262Likes

Thread: September 2023 Frugal chatter Thread

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Well, I finally caught CoVid, after 3 years of being very cautious.

I had to take my mother to the ER on Wed, Sept 13. They refused to send a text message when it would be our turn. They said that someone had to sit in the damn ER and suck wind with everyone. If we missed the call, that was our tough luck. What a bunch of morons. Even restaurants have easily solved their queue problems. They just issue you a beeper to call you, when your table is ready.

So, I sat there for over 8 hours sharing everyone's air. I tried to leave my mom in the car and shield her a bit, but she still caught it. I only tested last night and currently have very mild symptoms. A few oddly sore joints like knees and lower back and a little dry cough. Hope that it continues to be mild. What a waste. I did everything right for 3 years only to have the morons at ER give it to me. On further reflection, I should have offered someone/ANYONE in the ER $100 to listen for our name and send us a text message warning. Oh, well. If I caught it, I bet every single person in that ER caught it. The place was packed.
    Did you have masks on?
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well i called swiss chalet and talked to the supervisor.Sassy and frugalbigmama you are correct swiss chalet has gone up in price like everything else.
    He said after i gently complained about hubby's fries and our 2 buns .He told me to keep the bill write down his name and next time i come in i will get a free 1/4 chicken meal .So i thanked him.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My daughter just sent us supper from uber eats-"it was earth to table bread bar" fries ,margerita pizza,sour dough bread ,argula salad with fennel and chocolate caramel salted brownies.

Such a nice gift ,my dear hubby told the guy sorry you have wrong address,nope this is from he then said my daughters name.

So i called her and she said since you couldnt go out mom i sent you some of your favorite items from one of your favourite restaurant.
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Well its my 64th birthday today ,getting up there but no 65th discounts til next year -lol.Plus our anniversary,i have had a medical problem for awhile so cant go out to eat ,i was fine with that .Last night we decided to get swiss chalet (not the best the buns were tossed super hard and hubby had small bits of fries )i truly think it is hit or miss with them lately.So glad i got a baked potatoe.

I will call them later maybe ,why shouldnt you complain with the cost of everything now a days.
    @coupongirl happy birthday!

And yes, do complain. I find its hit or miss with them. I once cracked a tooth on their buns.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My bedding is done. The last load of Mom's bedding is in the dryer and bonus my bed is made and Mom's has everything that is dry on the bed. I am the worst for taking the bedding up but not making the beds and then when I want to go to bed I have to make them.

I ran to No Frills to pick up a Napa Cabbage, I have a craving for Egg Roll in a Bowl, at No Frills I got:
    1 x Napa Cabbage $0.88/lb (PM Freshco)
    1 x Celery $0.88 (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Fresh Ginger $1.87/lb (PM Wal-Mart)
    1 x Green Grapes $1.67/lb (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Garlic 3-pack $0.99
    1 x Romaine 3-pack $2.99
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms 680g $5
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Zucchini 2.5 lbs $3
    1 x Milk $4.79
    2 x No Name Fries $2.14 + 800 Pts
    1 x No Name Long Grain Rice 8 KG $13.99

That was not the price on the shelf for the fries, they said $2.49, wish I had known, I would have grabbed a couple more bags.

Since it was a small grocery week I decided to grab a bag of rice for the Pantry. My container in the Kitchen is full but I am out in the Pantry. What we have will last us another month or two but still, I like to have it on hand. The 8 KG bag usually lasts us 4 to 6 months, so hoping with what we have on hand it should last us about 6 months.

Dinner tonight is Chicken Enchiladas. By the time I was done work, chopping everything for Egg Roll in a bowl was too much. Love this dish but it is a lot of chopping. Over the weekend, I will chop everything up and put it in the fridge so one night after work I just have to make the sauce and cook everything.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Well its my 64th birthday today ,getting up there but no 65th discounts til next year -lol.Plus our anniversary,i have had a medical problem for awhile so cant go out to eat ,i was fine with that .Last night we decided to get swiss chalet (not the best the buns were tossed super hard and hubby had small bits of fries )i truly think it is hit or miss with them lately.So glad i got a baked potatoe.

I will call them later maybe ,why shouldnt you complain with the cost of everything now a days.

Happy Birthday @coupon girl

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and getting my day started.

Regular Laundry is now going. The vinegar wash on the towels was okay, at first they seemed all good but the smell came back. So today I am going a vinegar wash and then I will do a second wash with Baking Soda and see if that does the trick. Then I will wash our regular laundry.

Working on a meal plan for the week, this past week did not go as planned. By the time dinner time rolled around, I was tired and blah and did not want to cook. So this week we need a plan and proper prep done. We have tons of options just need them prepped and ready to go.

I want to get some baking done as well, we are out of muffins which is my go-to grab-and-go when I need to be branches. That with some fruit, perfect breakfast.

I also want to make something to have ready for quick lunches. I did not buy sandwich meat this week. I have found when I buy it here and there we eat it but if I buy it week after week we do not eat it. So this week I did not get Sandwich meat.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you everyone for all the wonderfull birthday wishes and annivesary.

Off to give hubby's sister her birthday gift from last month ,i got her cooling sheets,top and kitchen tea towels .I am sure she will like them as she is on a limited income and she told me she needs sheets.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hello all! Sorry I've been away from the forum for awhile. (my computer had some issues with SC but things seem to be running fine now). We've been keeping busy this past year cooking a lot of stuff from scratch.. Some big moments in our kitchen were successfully making bagels (a bit small lol), egg rolls and we even entered the world of burritos with home shredded chicken. I haven't been inside the stores as much, I've found it a bit easier to shop online and take advantage of some of the Metro discounts and PC offers for grocery pick up. We also take advantage of a local produce/fruit box program. We had a really good summer and I spent a lot of time at our local beaches.

It's nice to see many familiar names in the chats Looking forward to a fun fall of frugal chat this fall. Wishing good health and happiness to everyone.
    Last edited by crafter; Sat, Sep 23rd, 2023 at 03:37 PM.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@crafter, welcome back.

I was talking to @Giseledta and she is also having issues with Smart Canucks and cannot log in.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Sep 23rd, 2023 at 04:46 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @crafter, welcome back.

I was talking to @Giseledta and she is also having issues with Smart Canucks and cannot log in.
    Thanks so much. suggest to Giseledta that she might want to try via a tablet or via taptalk on her cell. Have a wonderful evening!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    My bedding is done. The last load of Mom's bedding is in the dryer and bonus my bed is made and Mom's has everything that is dry on the bed. I am the worst for taking the bedding up but not making the beds and then when I want to go to bed I have to make them.

I ran to No Frills to pick up a Napa Cabbage, I have a craving for Egg Roll in a Bowl, at No Frills I got:
    1 x Napa Cabbage $0.88/lb (PM Freshco)
    1 x Celery $0.88 (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Fresh Ginger $1.87/lb (PM Wal-Mart)
    1 x Green Grapes $1.67/lb (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Garlic 3-pack $0.99
    1 x Romaine 3-pack $2.99
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms 680g $5
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Zucchini 2.5 lbs $3
    1 x Milk $4.79
    2 x No Name Fries $2.14 + 800 Pts
    1 x No Name Long Grain Rice 8 KG $13.99

That was not the price on the shelf for the fries, they said $2.49, wish I had known, I would have grabbed a couple more bags.

Since it was a small grocery week I decided to grab a bag of rice for the Pantry. My container in the Kitchen is full but I am out in the Pantry. What we have will last us another month or two but still, I like to have it on hand. The 8 KG bag usually lasts us 4 to 6 months, so hoping with what we have on hand it should last us about 6 months.

Dinner tonight is Chicken Enchiladas. By the time I was done work, chopping everything for Egg Roll in a bowl was too much. Love this dish but it is a lot of chopping. Over the weekend, I will chop everything up and put it in the fridge so one night after work I just have to make the sauce and cook everything.
    YMMV but I prefer my egg rolls wrapped and have found a compromise solution to the work needed to wrap and cook them. It's basically to make air-fried chimichangas with the egg roll filling rolled inside soft tortillas, which are then brushed lightly with oil and air-fried. It's also possible to use this method many other different fillings.
    harbie, barbis9, crafter and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Laundry is done. The towels seem super clean, I washed them twice, once with vinegar and once with baking soda, let's hope this does the trick.

I made a batch of Waffles because we keep saying we want waffles but because we only have the dash waffle maker right now it like over an hour to cook a full batch. So now I have a batch made I will keep in the fridge for a few days and then toss in the freezer.

Used up some bananas by making some Banana Muffins.

Kitchen is clean, I did the few dishes that were waiting to be washed. I cleaned as I went so I did not have a sink full of dishes when I was done, I hate that.

I have come up with a meal plan for the week more or less. We are not good at assigning meals to a day, so instead I made a list of 10 dinners I can make this week along with some side dish options.

Thinking I might make Stuffed Peppers for lunches this week, I have some smaller peppers and there is some rice in the freezer.

Worked on catching up on my bullet journal, I fell a bit behind but had it all noted on my phone. Now to catch up on my Budget Journal.

Dinner tonight is Bake Sausages with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not sure if we still have a "What's for dinner thread" or just include in here. My brother's coming for dinner. We're having two types of homemade pizzas...one with bacon, pepperoni, mushroom and green pepper. The other with pork tenderloin, rainbow peppers, onion and feta. I tried a new corn salad recipe (I used canned peaches and cream corn and cooked it with some EVOO for a bit in a pan)..it's pretty tasty..surprised actually since it's pretty simple. https://downshiftology.com/recipes/f...ontainer-53394
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@crafter we still post on the What's For Dinner thread here.

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/83292-...2/#post7241475

That corn salad recipe looks so tasty! ( and the bright colours make it pleasing! )
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information