User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree1459Likes

Thread: October 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Making the bed ,daughter is coming in tonight inbetween 7-9 cant wait.

Then both my kids here and all the grandkids on sunday as my daughters ex is letting her have sebastian for the day (nice of him)they co-parent so well.My son is usually working when daughter comes in ,so he is not on sunday .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Ciel21 hubby repairs broken laptops and gifts the refurbished ones to people in need so we had a lot of dead laptops and chargers. I was glad to drop them off and OMG I tried to go to Costco in Burlington and was again reminded why I never go there, I drove right out of the parking lot. I stopped at Shell for my 5th purchase and was immediately rewarded with 100 AM I do love how fast they pay out. I would have liked to wait until Monday as I have the 1 air mile for every litre of gas but I was almost empty.
    It was a good day for using points and coupons which is a nice change. I even had 4.00 for checkout 51. I need a few things at RCSS so I told DS2 to meet me at the cash. I really need to started taking advantage of his discount.
    @lilo0003 I wish I knew that sooner. I have a laptop that needs work, but not sure where to take it. Now with windows 11 I dread replacement as they are so expensive. My friend keeps saying go to Apple but I can't afford that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Was up early this morning which was exactly what I needed as let me tell you, this week is kicking my butt. Last week kicked my butt and I thought it was because it was a short week but this week just feels like a continuation of last week.

Tuesday was insane, all I got done around the house was emptying and reloading the dishwasher and making dinner.

Yesterday I was in a branch but was supposed to leave between 12 and 1 so I could get my own stuff done. Nope, Dad needed to talk to me and then our Regional Manager showed up and needed to talk to me. I left at 5 to 5. I still had some of my own work to get done when I got home so it was a long night.

Dinner was made but dishes were stacked beside the sink so I will have to do that today.

I see a few things in the flyers I want to pick up. I thought about not shopping until next week but might just go and get it done so I do not have to think about it.

Last night I ended up just making perogies bake for dinner, Mom was having a bad day, her knee was really hurting and all of a sudden it was 6:30 with no plan for dinner. Tonight is a mystery I am kind of thinking maybe a stew or something, something that can simmer on the stove all afternoon sounds cozy.

Happy Thursday Everyone (I typed Wednesday and had to correct myself, yep, that sums up my week).
    @SassyAshley what are perogies bake?
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was up early this morning which was exactly what I needed as let me tell you, this week is kicking my butt. Last week kicked my butt and I thought it was because it was a short week but this week just feels like a continuation of last week.

Tuesday was insane, all I got done around the house was emptying and reloading the dishwasher and making dinner.

Yesterday I was in a branch but was supposed to leave between 12 and 1 so I could get my own stuff done. Nope, Dad needed to talk to me and then our Regional Manager showed up and needed to talk to me. I left at 5 to 5. I still had some of my own work to get done when I got home so it was a long night.

Dinner was made but dishes were stacked beside the sink so I will have to do that today.

I see a few things in the flyers I want to pick up. I thought about not shopping until next week but might just go and get it done so I do not have to think about it.

Last night I ended up just making perogies bake for dinner, Mom was having a bad day, her knee was really hurting and all of a sudden it was 6:30 with no plan for dinner. Tonight is a mystery I am kind of thinking maybe a stew or something, something that can simmer on the stove all afternoon sounds cozy.

Happy Thursday Everyone (I typed Wednesday and had to correct myself, yep, that sums up my week).
    @SassyAshley what are perogies bake?
    harbie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Burlington Centre has ink cartridge recycling cartons in the mall and I so wished I had brought my Canon printer cartridges along as not all Staples stores have ink cartridge recycling services.

Today the Burlington Centre is doing a Zero Waste outdoor recycling event until 4pm. There's also a Repair cafe event but it closes at 2pm.https://burlingtoncentre.ca/event/Ze...fe/2145560776/

Last week, I could not locate any kind of e-waste bin at the Halton firehall near the Fairview location of the Longos plaza. Guess that program ended or was closed due to a seasonal deadline?
    @Ciel21 I was told the firehall at Appleby and Fairview has an e-waste bin now. And the firehall also accepts batteries too. I usually drop my batteries off at the library.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I tell you to get scene points added is a lot harder than putting in an inquiry to p.c plus.I have been emailing back and forth for a few days now to get my 565 scene points (personal offers for spending over 50 and 65 for the compliments butter i bought.
    Almost ready to give up-ugggg.
    @coupongirl Scene points is terrible! It feels like an interrogation with the info they ask. And if you have some sort of discount on your bill, you don't get the bonus points. Logging into their app is a pain too.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Good for you not giving up @coupon girl . These point programs can almost be more pain then they’re worth sometimes. I mean, not everybody has the time or ability to contact them and KEEP doing it to get things they earned. Shopping is stressful as it is with these ridiculously high prices but then to have to chase them it’s frustrating. One win for the consumer

Not much happening today. Dh is off since he had a some work seminars earlier in the week so we will just hang out. It’s cold but sunny so outside for walks and maybe a run but no biking since I only have shorts and it’s way too cold for that. Also planning to get my flu shot this morning (not a needle fan).

We normally would go to my favourite Starbucks on a day like today but they had a shooting there yesterday . We live 3-4 blocks away at it was at 8:30 am in the drive thru. That location is PACKED especially in the mornings. Apparently it’s gang related and they found a burnt out car dumped several blocks away. I know it happens everywhere but it hits a bit differently when it’s a place you go to regularly and so close to home. My thoughts and prayers are with all those that innocently were victims of such a traumatic experience.

On a lighter note I’m heading out now for some sunshine.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe
    @harbie that is terrible! A shooting so early in the morning - that is scary!!!!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good for you not giving up @coupon girl . These point programs can almost be more pain then they’re worth sometimes. I mean, not everybody has the time or ability to contact them and KEEP doing it to get things they earned. Shopping is stressful as it is with these ridiculously high prices but then to have to chase them it’s frustrating. One win for the consumer

Not much happening today. Dh is off since he had a some work seminars earlier in the week so we will just hang out. It’s cold but sunny so outside for walks and maybe a run but no biking since I only have shorts and it’s way too cold for that. Also planning to get my flu shot this morning (not a needle fan).

We normally would go to my favourite Starbucks on a day like today but they had a shooting there yesterday . We live 3-4 blocks away at it was at 8:30 am in the drive thru. That location is PACKED especially in the mornings. Apparently it’s gang related and they found a burnt out car dumped several blocks away. I know it happens everywhere but it hits a bit differently when it’s a place you go to regularly and so close to home. My thoughts and prayers are with all those that innocently were victims of such a traumatic experience.

@harbie that is terrible! A shooting so early in the morning - that is scary!!!!
    harbie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@barbis9 , you take Frozen Perogies and top them with creamy sauce.

To make the sauce in a pan melt half a block of cream cheese with 1/2 cup (use 3/4 of a cup we like the sauce a bit thinner) with s sprinkle of Pepper and Garlic powder. Stirring together over medium-low heat until all the lumps are gone.

Pour over the perogies in an oven-safe dish. Top with Bacon Bits and Cheddar Cheese and bake for 45 minutes in a 375-degree oven.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @coupongirl Scene points is terrible! It feels like an interrogation with the info they ask. And if you have some sort of discount on your bill, you don't get the bonus points. Logging into their app is a pain too.
    I have found that dealing via email with the scene people is a waste of time. They know nothing. I call in and speak to a real person and always get things sorted.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I decided to take yesterday off and have a me day. I spent the day on the couch, I spent some time on Pinterest trying to find some new recipes I went down a rabbit hole, and set up my Bullet Journal for November. Still need to work on my Budget Journal.

It felt good in the moment to take the day for me but felt a little guilty about last night. There is just so much I need to get done for work and around the house but that is the issue. That is the thing between the House and Work, I never have a moment where I can just sit down and say everything is done. I can choose to take a "day-off" for me but it comes with knowing things aren't getting done that need to be done. Which sums up my current Mental Struggle.

My plans for dinner changed last night when Mom got up and said want Pizza, so we made Homemade Pizza for dinner.

Trying to talk myself into finding some ambition, I feel like I need to prep and cook and bake and get ready for next week but at the same time the ambition level is low today. I was looking for something to make for lunches but nothing is jumping out at me or I am missing something to make the recipe and I am not going to the store today.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@barbis9, you take Frozen Perogies and top them with creamy sauce.

To make the sauce in a pan melt half a block of cream cheese with 1/2 cup (use 3/4 of a cup we like the sauce a bit thinner) with s sprinkle of Pepper and Garlic powder. Stirring together over medium-low heat until all the lumps are gone.

Pour over the perogies in an oven-safe dish. Top with Bacon Bits and Cheddar Cheese and bake for 45 minutes in a 375-degree oven.
    @SassyAshley half a block of cream cheese mixed with 1/2 cup of what? I'm not sure if it's just the cream cheese that you melt and put on top?
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@barbis9 , sorry 1/2 Cup of Chicken Broth.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @SassyAshley half a block of cream cheese mixed with 1/2 cup of what? I'm not sure if it's just the cream cheese that you melt and put on top?
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Not sure why I was double posting, as this forum usually picks it up.

Rainy, cold day. Tempted to stay home but I need to go to the Y and exercise in the pool, as I missed my usual class on Thursday. Can't believe how quickly the weather has changed. Shorts two days ago, warm jacket today.

Did chair yoga yesterday at the library. Much easier on the body than doing the downward dog on a mat.

Not sure what to make with pork chops today, perhaps scalloped potatoes - its' definitely a food comfort day.

Has anyone watched any decent series on Netflix recently?

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information