User Tag List

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree1459Likes

Thread: October 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Had a very lovely day with family yesterday ,mind you it can get a little chaotic with 3 small grandkdids.My daughter-in-law played a game with cara and sebastian and myself-guess the clues game is called "sloth" very fun .
    THen the 3 kids opened thsier gifts from their aunts and uncle -cara even got an early gift .
    The cake i bought from fortinos 20.99-20.00 in p.c points=.99 i used my points was so yummy moist and not too sweet.

Daughter gave me a bag of clothing to go thru -i will take it to style encore one day .

Up early this morning at 4.30 had a shower and off to get my mammogram at 8.30 in and out .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Had a very lovely day with family yesterday ,mind you it can get a little chaotic with 3 small grandkdids.My daughter-in-law played a game with cara and sebastian and myself-guess the clues game is called "sloth" very fun .
    THen the 3 kids opened thsier gifts from their aunts and uncle -cara even got an early gift .
    The cake i bought from fortinos 20.99-20.00 in p.c points=.99 i used my points was so yummy moist and not too sweet.

Daughter gave me a bag of clothing to go thru -i will take it to style encore one day .

Up early this morning at 4.30 had a shower and off to get my mammogram at 8.30 in and out .
    oh wow you were certainly up early. Hope Mammogram results are all systems normal
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hello folks! Well we went away for a wonderful weekend in Port Hope with some very old friends. We went shopping, dinner and back for drinks in a friends larger room. We stayed at a very old hotel called the Waddell. It was a neat boutique hotel with only 12 rooms. No ghosts thankfully

Well I had huge ambitions this morning..walk the dog, go right downstairs and workout on the bike. Turns out my dog didn't want to go any further than a few houses in the cold. I came back in the house and hubby handed me a coffee...coffee..mmm such a good excuse to postpone cycling lol. I decided to work on some admin stuff with our investments instead.

Flash forward a few hours, I managed to get out of my pjs, have a shower, and after being outside one more time, I have somehow magically changed back to a second pair comfy pj pants lol. Stay a bed stew is in the oven and dishes are washed. DH was thrilled at the pace of our relaxed...oh well, there's always tomorrow...have a nice evening!!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    oh wow you were certainly up early. Hope Mammogram results are all systems normal
    @crafter @coupon girl, heard on the news this morning that they are recommending Canadian women get mammograms starting at age 40 now.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes shaw girl i heard that also but i heard in ontario ,not sure if all provinces are following suit -mammogram starting at 40 sounds like a super great idea.

crafter -my sleep is off due to a medical problem so i cant sleep sometimes at night til later ,sometimes up very early like 4.30 so i just get up had a load of laundry already in the dryer when i went out the door at 7.50 a.m. Mind you fell asleep at 1.00 p.m watching t.v on the couch ,but off at 2.30 to get my prescription and watch the girls.

I stopped into rexall today to get my prescription and had an offer spend 30.00 get 10,000 bewell points so on the clearance rack i got 3 kids wooden soft toothbrushes $2.44 each ,2 tye dye kits 3.96 each ,nosh butter cookies 2/6.00 so yummy with a tea ,a few chocolate bars and they dropped the price of 24 chezzies to 5.99 so got a box just incase.

Today i played barbies with cara so much fun ,hubby listened to ashlyn play a bit of miley cyrus song "flowers" on the keyboard.
    Shwa Girl, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

X-posting this here also in case anyone is interested in snacks

https://www.tastyrewards.com/en-ca/coupons

Shwa Girl, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    @crafter @coupon girl, heard on the news this morning that they are recommending Canadian women get mammograms starting at age 40 now.
    that totally makes sense. I've met several women who had breast cancer at a younger age. I think they should offer mammograms for older ladies too. Our neighbour found out she had breast cancer, just before the cut off age for screening.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    i got 3 kids wooden soft toothbrushes
    Did you hear about the dentist who was handing out toothbrushes and paste along with the candy?
    coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Tue, Oct 31st, 2023 at 07:21 PM.
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    X-posting this here also in case anyone is interested in snacks

https://www.tastyrewards.com/en-ca/coupons

Thanks @GoodBoy . This is helpful.
    walkonby, GoodBoy and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i printed that buy 1 get 2 chips coupon, went to rcss, grabbed 3 bags of lays "family size" as pictured. The cashier had to call the customer service person, who always has an attitude with coupons so she examined the coupon, read the fine prints and pointed out that the lays has to be 415g, etc. Ok my bad, I got too excited to read the fine prints and went with the picture. So i went back and grabbed the largest bags of chips: lays 415g, doritos and ruffles. Came back to the same cashier who called the same CS person again. She entered the discount as $8.88 ($4.44 x 2). $4.44 is the current sale price but there's a limit 2, after limit $5.99. CS person said the discount has to be on the lower price items. Anyway, I paid $5.99 + tax for all 3 large bags. Perfect timing for my daughter's grade 2 "snack party", so I sent her to school this morning with the 3 bags + 2 regular sized ones we already had at home.
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    UGH, I do not know what is up the last two days I have woken up with a headache. Today being much worse than yesterday, I seriously considered emailing in sick but trying to pull through as I have so much I need to knock out.

Sunday was a rough day for me, everything I went to do took 3 times longer than I expected and everything I went to do it felt like there was something else I had to do first. My anxiety flared and I started spinning.

We got the AC units out of the bedroom windows on Sunday but still needed to tackle the Dining Room one. This one is tricky to get in and out because there isn't a lot of room to work but I got it out last night after work.

I was in a branch yesterday, finalized the plan from the meeting on Friday which now means I have a stack of policies and procedures to type out and get out this week before the change takes place this weekend. On my way home I went to Walmart and No Frills to grab a few things. I was looking online on the weekend and Walmart had the best price for Celery and Green Onions and we needed both.

Seriously, when did a bunch of 4 Green Onions become $1.69, , that was the price at No Frills.

At Walmart I got:
    2 x Green Onions $0.97
    1 x Celery $2.47
    4 x Velotine $3.97
    1 x Pickled Ginger $4.97
    1 x Lawry's Salt $5.97
    3 x Halls $3.58
    2 x Rollaids

I am officially in soup and stew season which means we need celery and Velotine. The pickled ginger was an impulse buy we have been out for over a month and No Frills doesn't carry it, I literally walked around a corner and there it was so in the cart it went. Also the Lawry's Salt, I needed more and noticed Walmart's price for the Large Bottle was $0.50 more than No Frill's price for the small bottle so in the cart, it went.

At No Frills I got:
    2 x Russet Potatoes $1.88 + 250 pts
    2 x Chia Tea 48 Count $7.49 + 1500 pts for spending $15 on Tea

No Frills finally had Russet Potatoes in stock so I grabbed 2 bags but am thinking of going back for 2 more. I should have grabbed 4 but silly me did not grab a cart as I was only going in for tea. But then remembered to check the potatoes and there they were. We really do prefer russets.

Happy Tuesday Everyone.
    walkonby, crafter and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

grrr! @SassyAshley , darn it all about your repeated headaches, hope they subside. I too was at NF and nearly fainted at the price of their scrawny green onions!
    I simply walked past them grumbling, but I can live without them for a week.
    No outings today, but must get gas tomorrow so I might make a quickie trip to the grocery store of choice for anything we " need ".

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i got our haircuts today -feel so good after .

Off to watch the girls after school til 5.00 when their friends (adults )with their 3 kids -i made 5 small kiddie bags for the girls and their 3 friends they are going around with -sebastian got his when he left the other day.

Woke up in middle of night with a sore throat and cold ,got it from my daughter.
    walkonby, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , hope you feel better soon.
    coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information