User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree1061Likes

Thread: December 2023 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Walkonby -yes 3 names can fit on a cake ,i put in an order for a small round cake back in november at fortinos .A chocolate one with blue icing at fortinos the price was 24.99 we all had a piece except sebastian .We celebrated the 3 kids birthdays .Oh and they each put a small figere on it .

It worked and was a nice moist cake .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DH wants me to grab one of the prebaked chocolate cake and icing ( 9 x 11 ) from WMart. ( they're always in the freezers ).
    Then he says I can pipe the names on it!! Has he SEEN my shaky icing handwriting? ha ha
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, a bit of a surprise, I went in the kitchen to rinse my breakfast dishes and make some Christmas Cookies to take to a branch and we had no water.

Called the town and they kept saying yes ______ requested the water be shut off, but we pointed out that wasn't us, it is the same street but now us. We were told we should have water but we didn't, it just came back now.

Guess I will be making cookies after work now.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What a fantastic work day!! I haven't been able to say that for a long time.
    Totally cleaned out piles of stuff I had been waiting to work on since I had other priorities and I wasn't feeling very worky this morning but once I started I couldn't stop and totally went through everything! I only have a few things I am waiting on others so I can deal with it once they reply!
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just asked hubby to take me to our huge mall,we parked around back .I just needed one more gift for ashlyn .
    Some deals i got

Five night at freddys t-shirt for ashlyn 32.99-10.00 promo they sent me for spending over 30.00=22.90(it pays to join
    points programs see)

Mango body wash at body shop 10.40 on sale -10.00 in body shop points=.45 cents for me .

I took in 15 makeup bottles to the bay have been saving them for months now got 3,000 HBC points .

I went into the gap factory store and got a lovely henley t-shirt for sebastian for next year 7.49
    cute dress for little miss cara for 13.98 reg 39.99.

Bought myself a mascara for really long lashes at sephora for 16.00 -lets see if it works.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    DH wants me to grab one of the prebaked chocolate cake and icing ( 9 x 11 ) from WMart. ( they're always in the freezers ).
    Then he says I can pipe the names on it!! Has he SEEN my shaky icing handwriting? ha ha
    @walkonby , Dollar Tree has stencils, so you can spell out the name
    Crafter's Square Alphabet and Word Stencils, 9x6 in. | Dollar Tree

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Feeling super tired this morning but still forcing myself to get up early, I am trying to get my morning routine back which I know may slip during shut down.

We had not water for about 2 to 3 hours yesterday but turns out someone else on our road requested their water be turned off and they turned off everyone's. Guess they realized because all of a sudden we had water but they were still working at the other house on the street. I was just happy to have water back.

After work I made Gingerbread Loaves and Almond Sprinkle cookies to drop off at one locations today when I go in to Test a staff member. It was a little chaotic, I was still wrapping loaves at 8:30 last night.

Still need to figure out what I am taking the other location later in the week.

Happy Tuesday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Had my dear brother over for lunch or so i thought but we didnt communicate well ,he was going out with friends for lunch .Oh well i will take the extra buns to my sons along with some ham for the girls for supper .

Scooped a hand soap on at sobeys 7.99 back in my account .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Went into the office took care of what I needed to do there and handed out the baked goods.

On the way home I ran into No Frill to grab Milk, it was on sale and I had a coupon. Also, grabbed Hot Dog buns as I grabbed Hot Dogs at Costco but they only had Sausage Buns.

This afternoon was a little bit frustrating, our internet kept going down which was making it impossible to get any work done. Every time I got reconnected and logged back in as soon as I started to process something I was kicked out again. Finally, around 2, I restarted everything, took a shower and was able to knock out the day-to-day stuff.

Looks like I will have another new trainee in the New Year, plus, we are putting out stuff into Online training so it is going to be busy for me. I wanted to try to check and see what needed to be updated for the new staff member but since I couldn't stay connected this did not get done.

We had a late lunch so dinner is simple, baked Chicken Sandwiches with Oven Fries.

Now to figure out Christmas. Yes, I am super late this year, I do not know what it is, I am just not into Christmas this year.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Spent yesterday with my mom and 2 aunts, they wanted to do some shopping in the US and of course I am their driver. I did pick up a butterball stuffed turkey. it was 99 cents a pound and so even though we don't do turkey for Christmas this was too good to pass up. There really are few deals left even there but still a fun day out and the weather was cooperative. Taking a long weekend has made for a busy week. I am going to do some planning of my baking & meal prep tonight to make December feel a little less intense.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Grrr...my eloquently composed post did not take as internet difficulties here too.Quite windy today so signal wonky,worse when it gets too wet outside!
    Halfway through the minimal amount of time (3 weeks)for my hind paw to get better.Me thinks not going to happen in 6 weeks as worst pain day yesterday so the count will be in months not weeks till I'm better.Not going to complain as better than being bedridden like some I know.
    Thankfully leftovers abound and even stuff not yet cooked."Sales" at stores dismal IMO. PC point offers even worse but in reading thread realise I'm not the only one.However I need not a food bank so still must be doing well.Friends if possible please remember those in need and try and do your bit in your part of the world.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Got up before my alarm. Bundled up and went for a walk around the neighbourhood and then shoveled the driveway.
    Made a cup of coffee and going through my work email. Waiting for IT to set up my 2 printers. Hope to have them up and running by the end of the day.
    Now that I am working from home full time I need to make myself a good routine. The one thing I miss is that the gym is/was down the street from my office. I would eat my lunch at my desk and take my lunch break later in the afternoon at the gym. Will figure out a plan that works for me.

I have been so busy with work lately that I have not been cooking at all! We have been eating pretty simple. Our freezers are stuffed and I am not letting us buy anything for the freezers till we use stuff up. So the plan is to cook from the freezer the next while. So as soon as I finish typing this I am going to go pull something out and plan dinner around it

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Work-from-home day for me, although I will admit it was a bit of a slower start to the morning. I woke up so tired this morning but still forced myself to get up and not sleep in. I am determined to get my morning routine back.

Working through some of the day-to-day stuff for work.

I have a load of Laundry in the washer.

I need to clean the kitchen and finish the pantry tidy.

Oh, I feel like there is so much to be done and not enough time. I really wish the world could stop spinning for a few hours so I could try to catch up without new things coming in but also know this isn't reality.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    Skippy, harbie and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Freezer at bottom of fridge cleaned out!

I grabbed my shopping bins from the car and emptied it out completely sorting it into groups.

Pulled a rack of ribs and have them thawing in the sink now. Will put in the slow cooker this afternoon.
    Pulled 1/2 a package of bacon- will cook up and use in ceaser salad. (use up the romaine we have)
    Will make perogies (use up 1 of the open packages)
    Will pull green beans from the freezer.- This is for dinner tonight.

Pulled a large bag of chicken legs from the freezer. Will make soup tomorrow.

Organized the freezer and see all the things that need to be used up. Will make DS a dinner of bits of this and that for tomorrow night to use up stuff.

Perfect time to do this since like many I am finding the grocery deals are few and far between. Then the freezer will be empty and ready for deals

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today i went to a friends for 10.30 a.m and stayed for lunch ,we laughed and had a great time ,i got gift from her p.c cookies in a tin and a handmade ornament .I gave her a small gift also.

Came home and hubbys brother and his wife were here she gave me a tin of baked goodies -lovely i havent had time to bake as i am exhaused when i get home from the girls.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information