User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree1061Likes

Thread: December 2023 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today did not go as planned but as I say on Instagram, I should have named my page, best-laid plans because I plan and then it doesn't happen.

Something I was planning on doing the second week back from Shut Down got moved to Friday so needless to say, that threw me for a bit of a loop. I wasn't even planning to work on this until we came back.

I got a little anxious today and was spinning a bit so I took a break from my computer and finished tidying up the pantry in 15-minute cleans. Everything is on the shelves, I sorted the potatoes and onions and put them away and then cleaned the floor as I got onion skins everywhere.

After work, I took out the kitchen, bathroom and mom's garbage and put spare bags upstairs for the garbage cans up there.

I emptied the dishwasher and reloaded, Mom did the hand dishes and folded the laundry.

Well Mom was folding the laundry I was making another batch of Almond Sprinkle Cookies for Co-Worker's #2. Just need to package them up and I am ready to go, most will almost get Gingerbread Loaves a few will only get cookies. But I did not want to make another batch of gingerbread loaves since only Mom would eat them. Not a fan of Gingerbread.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Dont forget to save your p.c offers ,i just remembered and jumped out of bed.lol
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Totally cleaned my office last night/today. Have a pile to drop off to the donation box.
    Went through boxes of "papers" and tossed basically everything.

Have a load of laundry in the washer. A pot of soup simmering on the stove. Kitchen is clean!
    My 1st meal of the day will be soup when it is ready.

Forgot I booked tomorrow afternoon off work! (did so when I was figuring out vacation leftover for the year and what I was carrying over till next year)
    So need to make a plan for something fun to do... maybe a drive to Blue Mountain for a hike (depending on weather for sure)

Still haven't started any wrapping but I will get done eventually . My wrapping table/station is already in my office. (will pack it away when done).

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Had a brain fart. Was going to redeem 95 AM on the first of 4 days at Metro to get the 25 AM back. Told the cashier that, she says " Hmmm, appears you don't have enough AM ".
    What a dolt!! I then remembered that I had locked my account as a precaution, so I just paid the bill and slinked away.

Name:  I forgot.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  11.7 KB
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Had a brain fart. Was going to redeem 95 AM on the first of 4 days at Metro to get the 25 AM back. Told the cashier that, she says " Hmmm, appears you don't have enough AM ".
    What a dolt!! I then remembered that I had locked my account as a precaution, so I just paid the bill and slinked away.

Name:  I forgot.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  11.7 KB
    Welcome to my world!...
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I cant find a few stocking stuffers i got the grandkids -uggggg i have looked everywhere .Oh well can always be for easter.

Watched" the crown" today decided not to go out just relax .Hubby watched cara after school as ashlyn was at dentist,just for an hour.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Celebrated my birthday this week with a free Grand Slam breakfast at Dennys. The waitress brought over a slice of cake that a customer had bought for me as he was paying his bill to leave. He overheard me asking about the promotion. What a pleasant surprise. I did not even have the chance to thank him or her for their kindness.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Happy Birthday!

We always enjoy Denny's but we usually go to the Sherwood Park location as it's closest to us. We went there on Tuesday when kids eat free from 4-10pm. I got the 8oz sirloin steak. I know... steaks at Denny's, what was I thinking. I asked for medium well and the chef got it correctly AND it was actually good. I will definitely get it again next time to see if it was a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Celebrated my birthday this week with a free Grand Slam breakfast at Dennys. The waitress brought over a slice of cake that a customer had bought for me as he was paying his bill to leave. He overheard me asking about the promotion. What a pleasant surprise. I did not even have the chance to thank him or her for their kindness.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Grrr...my eloquently composed post did not take as internet difficulties here too.Quite windy today so signal wonky,worse when it gets too wet outside!
    Halfway through the minimal amount of time (3 weeks)for my hind paw to get better.Me thinks not going to happen in 6 weeks as worst pain day yesterday so the count will be in months not weeks till I'm better.Not going to complain as better than being bedridden like some I know.
    Thankfully leftovers abound and even stuff not yet cooked."Sales" at stores dismal IMO. PC point offers even worse but in reading thread realise I'm not the only one.However I need not a food bank so still must be doing well.Friends if possible please remember those in need and try and do your bit in your part of the world.
    @Skippy sorry to hear, hope you feel better soon.
    harbie and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    @HermanH happy birthday!
    harbie, cath007 and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't know what I was thinking when I booked a shift to volunteer at Costco tomorrow for the Salvation Army from 2-4 pm. I'm sure the parking lot will be a zoo! They are short for volunteers and its a busy location so I may take the bus.

Still not in the festival Christmas mood. The season is not the same anymore since my mother passed away in 2011. She used to decorate the tree like crazy and I haven't been able to bring myself to do that. I have a few gifts to buy but am staying away from the stores as I find the prices and quality of things are just terrible these days. I recently returned a heater to Costco that rattled within a month, as well as a hoodie that had loose threads and pilling with one week of wear. I ordered a hoodie for my boyfriend online, and that is poorly made as well from Fruit of the Loom. Things just aren't the same anymore quality wise.

I need a new laptop but have no clue what to buy, as no one has optical drives and I am staying away from Acer as its' garbage. Does anyone have a windows 11 laptop that they can recommend?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis-i agree with you if i didnt have grandchildren my xmas wouldnt be the same.I also agree that a lot of items are made very crappy today (i bought socks form the gap for me and they only lasted a few months and they are thick ones also.)

I treated my self to a pair of underarmour sandals today $19-1.48 raketan =$17 something for summer i have a gold pair i wear around the house as slippers but need another pair and they had free shipping .

The girls were so good today after school i was playing red light green light with them,lolI gave cara the green dress i got for her $13.00 such a steal for a dress,ashlyn is not girly like her sister so i got her leggings and a top $8.00 total .Why not then they can wear them over the holidays .

A bit tired so off i will go .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I have a few gifts to buy but am staying away from the stores as I find the prices and quality of things are just terrible these days. I recently returned a heater to Costco that rattled within a month, as well as a hoodie that had loose threads and pilling with one week of wear. I ordered a hoodie for my boyfriend online, and that is poorly made as well from Fruit of the Loom. Things just aren't the same anymore quality wise.
    One gift idea that I heard about was the giving of food, like meat, instead of more traditional gifts, like clothing. A coupon or gift certificate for a rack of prime rib or Wagyu beef does interest me and will, for certain, never be wasted.

It is a good thing that you take the time to return items of poor quality. Many unhappy customers don't. Your return sends vital information to the company that their merchandise does not meet customer expectations. Hopefully, they will learn from the exchange. Some hope for improvement is better than no hope, whatsoever.
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I also agree that a lot of items are made very crappy today (i bought socks form the gap for me and they only lasted a few months and they are thick ones also.)
    If you are looking for socks that will last a lifetime, you might want to check out DarnTough
    https://darntough.com/pages/our-unco...time-guarantee

They are expensive at $40+/pair, but might suit your needs if you never need another pair. Of course, any return shipping is not included, but you may only need to return a pair every 5 years or so. I would burn through them in under a year.
    I thought seriously about getting some and might, in the future. At this time, I have just sooooo many socks I need to burn-through before I buy anymore.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Herman -thanks for the tip but too expensive ,i am happy to burn thru a bunch of my socks i have on hand .

Yesterday i decided to stock up on coffee at sobeys got 2 kraft containers of coffee(hubby likes it) reg 17.99 after cpns 5.00 ones and points offer i paid 10.00 each .Plus it boosts my points so i saved another 10.00 off my sobeys bill .I am stocked up on coffee now for a few months as i dont drink it .

Does anyone have a good brand of tea? .I am finding tetley is not that strong for me iI have one more from walmart that i got on clearance $4.14 the british tea is nice cant remember the name .

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information